92 Summer St.
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scutra.com/
- Phone: 7813161816
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, European, Belgian
- Executive Chef: Didier Baugniet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a full service catering co. We will service up to 200 guests. Call our restaurant for further details or to set up a time. We personalize menus to everyone’s personal needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can accommodate up to 60 guest or the restaurant can be divided into 2 sections both accommodating 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cesidia Baugniet 7813161816
A word from Scutra
Welcome to Scutra. We are a small family run Restaurant. Our food is an influence of Belgium-Italian with an American Bistro Feel. We'd like everyone to feel like they are at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scutra reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (31)romantic (19)notable wine list (10)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PeggyDined on 10/17/2014We had the swordfish and both of us agreed that it was outstanding. We deffinately will come back after this great start.Special Features:
- A nice mealAKBeatsDined on 10/16/2014Food was prepared with care and presented nicely. Food was pretty good. The Tuesday-Thursday 2 courses for $24.99 can't be beat! Nice atmosphere except for the tv above the bar. Televisions do not belong in restaurants!Special Features:
- Always a winnerHappyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had another wonderful meal where everything was perfect. The warm spinach salad was superb and the stuffed mushroom caps were nicely done. The veal melted in your mouth and the fish dish was fantastic. Our waiter suggested this warm cheesecake dessert which was out of this world. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/16/2014On this particular night we "grazed" the menu--ordering off the tapas and appetizer menus--skipping entrees. Creative dishes, very good to excellent food, nicely presented. Service was friendly, but professional. Waitstaff with excellent knowledge of the menu. A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Actually 4+ stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSueSVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband, son and I recently returned to Scutra after a long absence following a not-that-terrific experience last time. I believe our last visit left us feeling that the value was not there, the food was ok but not up to the prices. This visit was the opposite. We all had fantastic meals. The prices were high, but in line with the food and ambiance. The tendeloin was amazing. The bass was great, although a bit small. The chicken was terrific. We shared the baked mussels appetizer (a special, but apparently a frequent one), which were delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Back on trackDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Scutra slipped a bit and we did not go there for a while. Last Saturday we did go. Back and it was in its former wonderful state. Great food, good service, reasonable prices. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014As always, excellent. These are required extra charactersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningStabbyDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I took my parents out for my mothers birthday. Scutra is close to their home but they had never been so we gave it a shot. The food was great, servers were busy but attentive, and the drinks were good. The bartender actually talked my wife through some options to get a custom cocktail which she loved. Great time all around, but it wasn't cheap. It's a special occasion type of restaurant.Special Features:
- What a find!woulddineagainDined on 10/2/2014This was our first visit to Scutra and we were so impressed! They were extremely accommodating and put us at ease about food allergies in our party (tree nuts and peanuts) and the chef also prepared an amazing vegetarian entree that wasn't on the menu. This was one of the best meals we've had in a while and the service was wonderful. Can't recommend highly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizDenDined on 9/30/2014This is first time service was slow at end of dinner. Usually superb on all fronts.m the food is ALWAYS PERFECT, Great specials this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, something has changedquietDined on 9/27/2014I have dined here before, specifically remember great food and service in a quiet, pleasant atmosphere. Our recent experience was the opposite. Something has changed. It was very noisy, I had a hard time hearing the waitress, and a very hard time having a conversation with my companions. It was very uncomfortable. To compound problems the service was not good. We were brought the wrong appetizers not once, but twice. We wanted to order wine and were forgotten. When the waitress returned she asked if we wanted to order the wine, she then took the wine menu and left, without taking our order! The food was good, but not great. We left without dessert, didn't want to stay any longer. Something has significantly changed here, and it is not good.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceKopexDined on 9/22/2014The Food was amazing and the service was special. Been fortunate to have travelled all over and experienced some of the most amazing places and Cheff´s in the World. But this one was way above my expectations, and managed to find a great wine list with a special surprise from Stellenbosch in Cape Town:) Louie you have certainly made my wife´s Bday more special and we all thank you for that.Special Features:
- Consistently goodArlingtonFoodieDined on 9/22/2014I have been to Scutra several times over theist year and they never fail to disappoint. A bit pricy but worth it. Beautiful presentation as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!RobinVIPDined on 9/13/2014Decided to try this restaurant a few weeks ago. All of us enjoyed everything we ordered - from the beet salad, eggplant stack & strudel appetizers to the entrees & desserts. Especially loved the small cheesecake & ice cream pops! Our server was very knowledgeable about the food.
- Outstanding Out of the MainstreamappletonVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding menu; excellent preparation; excellent service. The whole operation is very professional from Greeter to Table Clearer. Menu and Specials were almost anything I could have ordered. What more can I say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as usualpickyDined on 8/22/2014we have been going to Scutra for years. We love the changing menus, the prefect food, and the friendly but discreet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everSam2mamboDined on 8/21/2014Took myself to dinner at the last minute. The menu offers many choices it is difficult to choose what one wants. However, on T,W and Th there is a special menu for 23.00 you get choice of 2 apps and 2 or 3 main courses. I had a wonderful spinach salad and veal scaloppini coated with parmesan cheese and served with mushroom risotto. Unbelievable sauce. Really great!Special Features:
- Much better than expected.Butterfly12Dined on 8/9/2014We received a gift certificate last year. It took us this long to use it because we were concerned about them accommodating my finicky eating, but we were pleasantly surprised. They had a couple of delicious specials that we tried and they were great. My food was cooked without the glaze/gravy as requested and it was delicious. The food is a little pricey, but the meals were well worth it. We will definitely go again for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Gem Outside BostonJvfoodDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have been going to Scutra for several years. The quality of food and service continues to be outstanding. Scutra easily competes with the better Boston restaurants. What separates Scutra from some of the better Boston restaurants are the sauces. They are complex, but never overbearing that compliments and enhances the flavor of the dish. Something only the better chefs can do. Scutra is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Scutra 2-course midweek specialArlingtonHeightsDined on 8/7/2014The summer midweek special $24 2-course dinner offers a choice among 3 app's, 3 entrees, and I-know-not-how-many deserts. I definitely liked my fig appetizer and bluefish entree. My d.c. was less pleased with the same fish, but unlike me, she is not a bluefish fan. The bread was crusty and very good, served with spiced olive oil. Our initial service was inexplicably slow at a time before the restaurant was even 25% full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already a favorite!JoeythegoodDined on 7/12/2014Charming, very comfortable, romantic, quiet... A wonderful place to connect with someone special; for us, a relaxed and intimate evening. Terrific food, our waiter Louis was charming and engaging, very respectful of our privacy and very helpful without hovering. I find the menu a welcome combination of hedonistic and comforting, and very satisfying. Skillfully prepared, wonderful presentation. Every time I dine here I recommend it. I had pork osso buco and my date had seafood risotto; a fair amount of food so we split the tomato and beet salad appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!PssstDined on 7/12/2014What a unique neighborhood restaurant with metropolitan ambiance, food and service. No need to go into Boston! The decor and table placement was perfect; warm colors, low noise level, nice space between tables in spite of the small space the restaurant occupies. I was surprised at at the reasonable prices for the quality and presentation of food. You would easily pay double in Boston or Cambridge. They have a really well designed bar with seating that's part of the restaurant so there's no "bar scene". Just guests having a bite to eat and fabulous drinks. Dress was casual but this is the type of place where business casual works as well. No one would feel out of place. Do not miss this!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience constantlySam2mamboDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has become a go to restaurant for a special evening And meal. The food is always creative and good. Service is friendly and efficient. You can be comfortable going alone. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- It's my favoriteCrabrisottoVIPDined on 6/27/2014I love this restaurant. It's food is creative, delicious and the portions are perfect. Love the waitstaff too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 954 reviews are from the Scutra reviews archive.
- Dinner delightdelightedlydiningDined on 6/20/2014Scutra has a good wine list, seasonal entrees that are thoughtfully prepared and overall excellent cuisine with knowledgeable waitstaff and a quiet yet elegant dining room area. Truly, a neighborhood gem. My favorite aspect of the menu is the recently added "small bites appetizers" -just a taste of something different.Special Features:
- Good, but not "wow"...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Good food. I had a wonderful spinach salad, and a pretty good paella, tho a bit dry. Tasty dessert. Excellent bread. For the price we paid ($40 per person), I am not sure that it beats out other restaurants in that price range. I had a good meal, but I would try out other places before returning here. I just was not "wowed", but had a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scutra's a gemdiner99Dined on 6/19/2014Excellent place! Wonderful food and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Great serviceCitydiner57Dined on 6/19/2014The servers are knowledgeable and the food is well prepared. Only downfall is that there is a big plastic curtain in the dining area ( due to an accident in March). They should try to repair the damages ASAP. It's not fair to pay higher prices and sit next to a construction site! This makes a negative impact on the ambiance. The entree special is a good deal. The food is tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient DiningdineoutoftenDined on 6/17/2014Wait staff very personable, welcoming and fun. Nice cocktail menu for alternative drink options. Scutra winter salads were good start to dinner. Three of us dining had 3 different entrees. Thoughtful combinations of the sides/ sauces with entrees. Food tasty but not wow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGatunaDined on 6/13/2014We have a wonderful dinner! Every bite was perfect execute and the bar delivery consistently. At desert time we Fought for every piece: good on the sweet tooth too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, nice dinnercpaddockDined on 5/31/2014One of the friendlier places we've dined at. Food was very good, too.
- great birthday celebrationforevereatingDined on 5/31/2014We were seated promptly, served well and the food was delicious...the mussel was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arlington very good restaurantperilsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Scutra is a restaurant where the food is consistently good. The service also is very good usually. The manager pays a lot of attention to the customers.Special Features:
- BrannyDined on 5/30/2014Creative cuisine artfully presented. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familyoffoodiesDined on 5/22/2014I ORDERED THE SPECIAL: STEAK & SHRIMP. The portions were small, 2 "tiny" shrimp and the steak portion very small and very grisseley. I wasn't given the option of returning my entrée for one that was more palatable as other restaurants would have offered. The vegetables, potatoes and desearts were delicious. The ambiance, wine & service perfect.Special Features:
- I like ScutraFrequentdinerDined on 5/20/2014Scutra is a dependably good restaurant for a meal with friends: great food at reasonable prices, pleasant and attractive setting, friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- A wonderful gem in ArlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great food, good ambience, good prices, except the drinks are a little high: $12 for a Grey Goose martini. Definitely would recommend it, though, and will be back.Special Features:
- Pretty good - Not quite thereTrueEnglandPatriotDined on 5/16/2014The menu and the plating were excellent. The wine list very good. Service knowledgeable, entertaining and enthusiastic. Great ambience for a romantic dinner or a chat with friends. The taste of the food - pretty good, but just lacking the excellence to make this a top restaurantSpecial Features:
- Saturday night before the theatreSusieDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner before seeing a show at the Regent Theatre. The staff was very attentive to our timeframe and we had plenty of time to leisurely drink and have dinner. Drinks were excellent, appetizers and main courses excellent. The swordfish special was fabulous!Special Features:
- Wonderful service, delicious foodjdm640Dined on 5/3/2014The servers and the manager were absolutely amazing. Felt at home right away, beautiful ambiance. The friendly people and warm atmosphere alone would warrant a repeat visit, but the food was outstanding as well. I highly recommend this place.Special Features: