92 Summer St.
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scutra.com/
- Phone: (781) 316-1816
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, European, Belgian
- Executive Chef: Didier Baugniet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a full service catering co. We will service up to 200 guests. Call our restaurant for further details or to set up a time. We personalize menus to everyone’s personal needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can accommodate up to 60 guest or the restaurant can be divided into 2 sections both accommodating 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cesidia Baugniet 7813161816
A word from Scutra
Welcome to Scutra. We are a small family run Restaurant. Our food is an influence of Belgium-Italian with an American Bistro Feel. We'd like everyone to feel like they are at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scutra reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (38)romantic (22)notable wine list (10)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BrannyDined on 5/30/2014Creative cuisine artfully presented. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familyoffoodiesDined on 5/22/2014I ORDERED THE SPECIAL: STEAK & SHRIMP. The portions were small, 2 "tiny" shrimp and the steak portion very small and very grisseley. I wasn't given the option of returning my entrée for one that was more palatable as other restaurants would have offered. The vegetables, potatoes and desearts were delicious. The ambiance, wine & service perfect.Special Features:
- I like ScutraFrequentdinerDined on 5/20/2014Scutra is a dependably good restaurant for a meal with friends: great food at reasonable prices, pleasant and attractive setting, friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- A wonderful gem in ArlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great food, good ambience, good prices, except the drinks are a little high: $12 for a Grey Goose martini. Definitely would recommend it, though, and will be back.Special Features:
- Pretty good - Not quite thereTrueEnglandPatriotDined on 5/16/2014The menu and the plating were excellent. The wine list very good. Service knowledgeable, entertaining and enthusiastic. Great ambience for a romantic dinner or a chat with friends. The taste of the food - pretty good, but just lacking the excellence to make this a top restaurantSpecial Features:
- Saturday night before the theatreSusieDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner before seeing a show at the Regent Theatre. The staff was very attentive to our timeframe and we had plenty of time to leisurely drink and have dinner. Drinks were excellent, appetizers and main courses excellent. The swordfish special was fabulous!Special Features:
- Wonderful service, delicious foodjdm640Dined on 5/3/2014The servers and the manager were absolutely amazing. Felt at home right away, beautiful ambiance. The friendly people and warm atmosphere alone would warrant a repeat visit, but the food was outstanding as well. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- DJDarJarVIPDined on 5/3/2014Scutra is a Fabulous neighborhood restaurant and we will return very soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ,mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014I was surprised how good the foods was. I had very well cooked Parmesan crusted salmon with extremely flavorful well seasoned greens and a fantastic risotto. The waitress was extremely friendly once we eventually got served. Our water glasses remained empty most of the meal and I had to flag a staff member for a second glass of wine. The service was very slow. I would go again for the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAST TIME EATING HERE!MaryCCVIPDined on 4/30/2014I ordered the Paella (Lobster-Shrimp-Clam-Scallops-Chicken-Chorizo Saffron Rice) and requested to omit the Clams. The meal came with squid (tentacles and whole bodies, which I hate) and some sort of white fish which was overcooked with no flavor at all. The meal was served with one small lobster claw, one shrimp, one scallop (no chicken) and three half pieces of chorizo. It was the worst meal I have had in a long time. I requested a clear chocolate martini. The bartender did not know how to make one. I did get a chocolate martini which was colored chocolate. I admit it was tasty. I will, sorry to say, not be returning again.
- Hidden GemSungoddessDined on 4/26/2014I heard about this place from someone who lived in Arlington. It is a very small place but was comfortable inside. The food was excellent! I had the chicken risotto....yummy. I also had the beet and goat cheese salad which was also delicious! My other two friends had the Beef Tenderloin, which was cooked to their desired temperature. We all finished our plates. I usually do not splurge on the bread but this was worth it... multigrain and/or white but very fresh ( I was told it was baked fresh everyday) and the pesto dipping oil was also very fresh... one of the best that I have had. The bartender made a great Cosmo. Our server was very friendly and was able to answer any questions we had about the food.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceleroyDined on 4/26/2014But skip the "Maryland" crabcakes. They might be OK for Massachusetts, but they'd never fly in Maryland.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Scutra is an unassuming restaurant that charms and delights. Perhaps a dozen or so tables and a nice bar on the far end, this restaurant has a bistro feel to it for sure. The service was excellent as the waiter was very knowledgeable and charming in his own right. We both ordered the evening specials and the quality and presentation was very good. I will definitely go back to explore the menu more extensively. Cheers!Special Features:
- food ok, waitress a bit offOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Our food was ok but not great. Some dishes were interesting but not so great. It just wasnt convincing.
- Birthday pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014This was a special occasion - and the meals matched the occasion. Well done, interesting combinations in just the right sized portions -- we were able to enjoy aperizer, salad, entre' and dessert without feeling overstuffed. I rather suspect we will be back!Special Features:
- Great FoodDeDeDined on 4/9/2014The food was very good and there was a variety dishes to choose from. Added bonus were the specials which included salad and an entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Once You Get InSGH1234Dined on 4/5/2014Our evening had a rocky start with the hostess ignoring us while she went off to clean and set up tables (an odd dual function in a restaurant). After an unreasonably long wait, she noted our reservation, went to clear a table and sat us. This restaurant does not have a comfortable waiting area, and to be ignored was quite infuriating. Once we were seated, the wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. The food was quite nice, and overall made up for the treatment at the door. The only downside to the service was when the hostess brought us our appetizers. She handed us the plates and left it to us to clear spots to put them down. The regular wait staff was much more professional bringing the main course and dessert.Special Features:
- fantasticgirlsout4Dined on 4/5/2014Everything was great, very clean place, great service, wow amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Gem!anniv23Dined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed a birthday dinner with girlfriends and had a great experience. Good food and fun drinks! Our waiter was very attentive and we especially liked the appetizer & dinner special - excellent dishes at a great price. Will be sure to return next time I'm in Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a pretty good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014This is a pretty good restaurant. In the past, we've found the dishes to be interesting and well prepared. This evening, however, the flavors in a couple of dishes didn't quite fuse. I'm sure we'll give it another try.
- Incredibly delicious EVERY time!!!!RangreenDined on 3/24/2014I keep going back to this restaurant because I want to order almost everything on the menu! The food is absolutely ingenious. This is the best restaurant in all of Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional with food intolerancesreddDined on 3/24/2014The food is great, the chef is a genius, and the service lovely and well-timed. But where Scutra really stands above the crowd is their exceptional ability to deal with food sensitivities and limitations. They went way above and beyond the call of duty for one of our party who had fairly extreme dietary issues -- and still created a set of gourmet dishes that were safe and reasonably priced. Very very wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScutraChariVIPDined on 3/22/2014The menu was limited but had some interesting choices. The food was okay, not great. I had the special striped bass and it was a little bland and dry. The Paella was more like a bouillabaisse and the portion was small. The flatbread was slightly undercooked. Desserts were great.Special Features:
- Rediscovered Scutra!DiningOutVIPDined on 3/22/2014It had been quite a while since our last visit and we were so happy to rediscover Scutra. The food was delicious - everyone was happy with their meals and the cocktails were great! Try the grilled cheesecake for dessert - amazing!Special Features:
- excellentCooperfanVIPDined on 3/14/2014We die regularly at Scutra, and kast Friday' s dinner was the best ever.Special Features:
- Best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Absolutely the best restaurant in town. Repeatedly great food with seasonal changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a pleasant experience.hungryoneVIPDined on 2/22/2014We've been to this restaurant a few times over the past few years, and always seem to come away with the same feeling. The place has a warm lively atmosphere and a good price point - that sweet spot that's nice enough for a good dinner, but inexpensive enough for a regular night out. The primary problem is the food. Very uneven. Usually one or two diners are happy, while at least one or two are not.Special Features:
- Good local optionmaddieMDined on 2/21/2014First time at Scutra. Liked the menu but waited for service for 10 minutes once we were seated. Nice ambiance - feels like a local place, not too dressy. Decent wine list. Had two apps, the sourdough bruchetta which we liked and a special beet/tomato salad which had a very spicy sauce (which wasn't mentioned by the waiter) and we wouldn't have again. For entrees we had the double pork chop and the raviolis which were very good. The service was spotty - we didn't get fresh silverware with our dinners and since we couldn't get a server's attention finally just took knives from the next table. Again after dinner waited for 10 minutes before the table was cleared. Overall good food but not great service. Would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointednotthatfussyDined on 2/20/2014We had been to Scutra several years ago, and liked it a lot. This time the food was not as good. The perch tempura was too greasy and had added cream sauce. The Pialla was more a chioppino.
- Best Overall Dining DestinationBuckNastyVIPDined on 2/17/2014It has it all for a fraction of the price of the downtown old guard. Run don't walk to Scutra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014First time, glad we checked it out. Our meal was terrific, all fresh ingredients great flavors. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and fun to talk with. Will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited at least 20 min toBlahDined on 2/8/2014Waited at least 20 min to order food after drinks were served. Partner received wrong beer. Asked3 times for a glass of water. My meal was over cooked, rubbery and the portion was quite small. My partners meal was fine - but have had better elsewhere. There are too many other nice places to try before we would return to Scutra again.
- Gourmet quality....notfoodiegroupDined on 2/7/2014Overpriced for the quality. When you combine small servings, we leave not wanting to go back again. The paella was more like overcooked seafood stew.. Other dishes were unremarkable. Eggplant-crab appetizer was flat in flavor. Cocktails skimp on alcohol. One of our party of 4 ordered a glass of wine which was poured to fill only a quarter of the glass. Appearances are everything so I suggest they use a smaller glass. For a Friday night and having empty tables, one would think they should re-evaluate their business model.Special Features:
- Always impresesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2014High quality food prepared to perfection! Outstanding staff who take the time to explain the dishes and get to know you. Be sure to make a reservation though because they are popular!Special Features:
- Excellent first date spotBobbyDined on 1/25/2014Excellent first date spot to impress as well as a place to enjoy great food, wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arlington's safe betFra1997xpatDined on 1/24/2014A for presentation Website menu should be updated more often to reflects actual choices. Tuna special appetizer: sushi grade served on top of avocado in a square plate with tiny compartments wins both taste and presentation. Parking is tight if restaurant is full. Not an issue for locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, delightful experience.popsDined on 1/18/2014Overall, delightful experience. Food was excellent for all at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerkst470VIPDined on 1/18/2014Having just moved to Arlington, I was on the hunt for a great local spot. Well I found one in Scutra. The food, service and atmosphere were very good. It is a cozy spot and I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with friends for dinner.CathDined on 1/18/2014Went with friends for dinner. Portions were very small, but artistic.. Wine list was overpriced and very limited..
- Lovely time on a cold winter nightLongwooddinerDined on 1/7/2014We had a great time on a recent cold winter evening. Two appetizers were wonderful - braised rib spring roll with a spicy miso dipping sauce and a salmon strudel with a sublime lobster sauce. Entrees were interesting - veal meatloaf was tasty and just the thing for a cold evening and Paella was excellent and generous. The scotch glazed carrot cake with caramel ice cream was a great way to end the evening - and a great dessert without chocolate. By the way the homemade bread - especially the 7 grain - is very good. The service was friendly and attentive. The wine list is short, but nice. The pinots by the glass (white and red) went well with our meals. All in all a great meal on a bitter cold evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.