2543 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scusa Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scusalaketahoe.com/
- Phone: 5305420100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM | Live Jazz Music Thursday - Saturday 6-9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room for up to 20 guests.
~ Creative Traditional Italian & Fresh Seafood Daily ~ Upscale, Lively Atmosphere ~ Extensive Menu & Wine List ~
For over 20 years, Scusa has remained the perennial favorite of locals and tourists alike. Featuring traditional and creative pasta dishes, from simple Cappellini with fresh Basil and Tomato to Seafood Fettuccine Scusa in a light tomato-red wine sauce. Scusa is rumored to serve the best Linguine & Clams you'll ever have. Let's not forget the variety of Veal and Chicken dishes, and the Scusa Bread is a must! With appetizers from crispy Calamari to the House Specialty Lobster Raviolis in light Basil-Tomato Cream any choice is a good one. If you only have room to split a desert try the Amaretto Bread Pudding or the delicious Cannolis.
Scusa has one of the most romantic outdoor patios in Lake Tahoe, complete with fountain & garden. If you're looking for great food, with warm atmosphere and service, you are sure to enjoy!
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Glad they expandedDeniseDined on 9/27/2014WE were there when they were much smaller on Ski Fun Blvd. I'm so glad they've expanded. We were seated right away and the service was excellent. The food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- always the first choice for ItalianSteveWVIPDined on 9/26/2014Once again, Scusa showed why the restaurant is always our first choice for Italian dining in South Lake Tahoe. The salads were cold, crisp and delicious. The garlic soup did its job in helping to keep vampires at bay. My Calamari Scusa was properly cooked and tender. My wife loved her Lobster ravioli. Sauces tend to be VERY rich. Our waitress was very attentive, checking often to see if we needed anything else. Full house on a Friday evening, so reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:
- EggplantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014The eggplant parmesan was wonderful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent classic Italian food!SltvisitorDined on 9/24/2014From salad to entree and dessert the food was yummy and service was great. We will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner selection is always good. The Scusa bread is outstanding.Special Features:
- An enjoyable eveningFromChicagoDined on 9/18/2014Our server was rather young and inexperienced. Cheerful, to be sure. I think he had too many tables to manage.Special Features:
- Very good!CarlaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined here last year when we vacationed at South Lake Tahoe. Came again this year & were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Excellent!burgersDined on 9/13/2014Our visit to Scusa was our very first time. The restaurant and its staff is nothing short of exceptional. My wife and I eat out regularly in the Sacramento area and it's been a long time since we've found a restaurant that we can get excited about. Our waitress was incredible, our food was served promptly, the saxophone player was a gentleman, and the food was nothing short of awesome! We know where we will dine the next time that we visit Lake Tahoe. Scusa is now one our favorite restaurants and it is no small wonder that they've been in business for so long. Thank you to the Scusa establishment for providing such a culinary gem to the Lake Tahoe community!Special Features:
- Celebrates a birthdaymmcampiDined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious and the service was terrific! Unexpected saxophone birthday music was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit while in Tahoe...Bike4LifeDined on 9/5/2014First visit, Friday night in September, reservation for 9. We were seated right away with menus & greeted by our waiter who took our drink orders and offered water. In addition to our waiter, two other staff replenished water, cleared plates, etc. Waiter happily answered questions about menu. I requested a half order of the sausage & pepper linguine bolognese (a little spicy & very flavorful!) & was gladly accommodated. The italian blue cheese salad was wonderful; nice size for a dinner salad. Guests loved the kale salad and the special halibut piccatta. Warm focaccia bread to die for! Overall, a fantastic experience. One suggestion ... replace bulbs in dining area as it is too dark to read menu. Otherwise, can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and Food!tahoDined on 9/4/2014We have been to Scusa twice and will be back!! My mom is from out of town and will only eat at Scusa's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeensVIPDined on 9/2/2014One of the best Italian meals I have had at a restaurant outside of NYC! It is worth going to South Lake Tahoe just for a meal at this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- keep the little ones at homeSteveluvsitalianDined on 8/31/2014This is a very nice place for dinner. Food was great . Delivery was slow 1 hour from order until we saw our dinner. The table next to us had several loud kids and even louder parents. The drone inside is too much. Eat outside in the garden. Parking sucks but if you go around the corner, lots of parking. The should post it on their Web siteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Debra CedoCederdome77VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were in Tahoe for Labor Day weekend and the town was very busy. I went on Open Table and selected Scusa after reading the menu. We will go back - the food was wonderful and the service was great. We had the Lobster Ravioli appetizer and the sauce was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHersheysDined on 8/29/2014Showed up late due to traffic. They still got us right in and we chose to sit outside. Beautiful outdoor dining. Excellent fast service. Excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTwoMacs48Dined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Scusa. The food was delicious and the service was attentive and personal. A summer storm came through as we were dining with rain and hail. Nice touch for a Summer dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINEDDined on 8/25/2014Great food, we will be back again for dinner, and maybe lunch, we had a party of 6 and everyone had a great dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe13Dined on 8/24/2014Linguini and clams was exceptional. My wife had the calamari with polenta which she enjoyed. The radicchio appetizer could have done with a little less balsamic dressing.Special Features:
- we were impessedtahoDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic place to take clients;romantic endevour or just to enjoy the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLovetheexperienceDined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for a special occasion dining experience, I strongly recommend Scusa Italian Ristorante. My friends and I celebrated my birthday their and we were all very please d with Scusa. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for a special night out. I highly recommend Scusa for those special dining evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italian cuisinesfgirlDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful restaurant with excellent northern Italian food. Certain sections of the restaurant are cuter than others, so ask for the patio or main part of the dining room. The Linguine with fresh clams was the best and the Italian blue cheese salad was also a favorite. You can't go wrong with this choice and many of the Saturday night customers were dressed very casually- jeans and shirts!Special Features:
- BEST "Local" Gem in Tahoe!TerriJVIPDined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant! Great service, food and wonderful music on weekends. It is exceptional and a very good value!Special Features:
- Fabulous authentic Italian food!NancyAnnDined on 8/22/2014I enjoyed a delicious eggplant parmesan on the beautiful outdoor patio, well heated by the portable propane heater. The server was slightly overly attentive, but it's better than nonexistent ;-) The pasta is perfectly prepared, everything tasted delicious and the wine list was very decent, with very little markup on the wine we selected. This is a great restaurant, great value, especially for the very touristic region of South Lake Tahoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scusa'sDonKDined on 8/22/2014Had a great meal. Food and service were excellent! Make sure you have reservations this is a very popular restaurant. We had reservations for 7 PM, arrived on time, and we were seated on time. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!YummyDined on 8/22/2014Love the food here! Lake Tahoe's Best Italian food. We have celebrated 2 birthday's so far & plan to celebrate more. Strongly suggest reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A do again experiencebirthdayDined on 8/20/2014I have special diet needs . The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We are definitely coming back and bringing friends.Special Features:
- Very nice nightRickyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Went to Scusa on a Wed. night and it was very good. We ate outside and it was a beautiful night. My wife and I had a very nice experience. Our food was outstanding and the wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!StevenDined on 8/19/2014The best lasagna I've ever had! The garlic bread and garlic soup were great too. Absolutely love this place!!Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurant!TerryDined on 8/18/2014Good variety for Italian food lovers. Some of the best linguine and clams I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with amazing foodNSE1124Dined on 8/17/2014I absolutely loved the food at Scusa and the service was amazing. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was an issueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Our third visit in two years (we are not from the area). Was loud before but this time was almost unbearable. I'm not sure we'd try it again for a while. Food was great and service excellent. So if noise doesn't bother you, definitely check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianLookingforsomethingnuDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful dinner experience. High quality Italian food and excellent service. Highly recommend this restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodrazfineVIPDined on 8/14/2014We were vacationing in South Lake Tahoe and happened to pass by Scusa. We decided to eat there after reading reviews on Open Table. Scusa lived up to its reviews. The food and service were excellent. I especially recommend the Fettucine Carbonara, which was excellent. I have had this dish at many different restaurants and Scusa made it the best. If you are in or around South Lake Tahoe and want excellent Italian food, go to Scusa.Special Features:
- Best in South Lake TahoeHunt4NotableDined on 8/13/2014If you are looking for quality food and great service, this Italian restaurant offers what you need. We made some new friends and invited them to this restaurant in the blind. What a pleasant surprise to have great service and the best food we had for our entire stay.Special Features:
- Great food and service for yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My family has been going to Scusa's for over 10 years and have celebrated many a birthday dinner here. We missed a couple years but were so thrilled to go back last week. It was my wife's 32nd birthday and once again we had an amazing time. We now have a 2 year old and we were put in a corner booth which worked out perfectly. With four adults we shared 2 apps - the Scuza bread is amazing and all had our own entree's. Each one was amazing. The food has never been better - from the pasta to the fish we didn't even have any leftovers which at most places we do. We all shared and loved every dish. Rory - our waiter has been there since we started going and always provides great service and recommendations.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Everything we had was absolutely delicious, from the garlic bread to the Caesar salad to all of the entrees. One of our best dinners in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodGFeaterDined on 8/11/2014good food. server was good, but rushed. needs more staff. noisy.Special Features:
- Not bad for TahoeMynicknameDined on 8/11/2014Six of us got right in thanks to making reservations online. Great by Tahoe standards. Only minus is they ran out of cannoli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded But Cool3dayweekendDined on 8/9/2014Didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped. The live jazz band guy was good, however it wasn't a band, rather a guy playing the saxophone into a microphone. Our waiter was very slow. Training tip: Have your servers take care of all their tables needs before leaving the dining floor to the kitchen. Being a server myself, I noticed this was a snow ball effect issue our server had. The food was fantastic! Wine list was amazing, it was very noisy and crowded, would have like to sit somewhere more romantic rather than 2 feet away from some drunk chatting family that was meeting boyfriend for the first time. Before reserving, make specific accommodations and your experience will be great! Stayed 08/09/14 on the west side of the south room.Special Features:
- Great little Italian placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Was not expecting much upon going, but heard good things and wanted to try. We were all pleasantly surprised. The food was great we stuck to the basics like chicken parm, pasta, etc. The service was great and the meal was very reasonable priced. We will be back.Special Features: