2543 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scusa Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scusalaketahoe.com/
- Phone: (530) 542-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM | Live Jazz Music Thursday - Saturday 6-9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room for up to 20 guests.
~ Creative Traditional Italian & Fresh Seafood Daily ~ Upscale, Lively Atmosphere ~ Extensive Menu & Wine List ~
For over 20 years, Scusa has remained the perennial favorite of locals and tourists alike. Featuring traditional and creative pasta dishes, from simple Cappellini with fresh Basil and Tomato to Seafood Fettuccine Scusa in a light tomato-red wine sauce. Scusa is rumored to serve the best Linguine & Clams you'll ever have. Let's not forget the variety of Veal and Chicken dishes, and the Scusa Bread is a must! With appetizers from crispy Calamari to the House Specialty Lobster Raviolis in light Basil-Tomato Cream any choice is a good one. If you only have room to split a desert try the Amaretto Bread Pudding or the delicious Cannolis.
Scusa has one of the most romantic outdoor patios in Lake Tahoe, complete with fountain & garden. If you're looking for great food, with warm atmosphere and service, you are sure to enjoy!
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- Best Italian food on Lake TahoeLuv1dineDined on 11/21/2014The service and ambience were excellent. The Friday night Jazz was a treat. The food was classic Italian. Having visited several Italian restaurants around the lake we found this to be the absolute best.The food was very good and the portions were of healthy size. We had a lovely meal of appetizers and will be going back soon for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillynladudeVIPDined on 11/17/2014Drew was excellent. The food was not. Nothing was seasoned or properly cooked. Garlic bread and the wine were ok.
- cooptahoeDined on 11/5/2014We really liked our meal patrale sole and chicken saltimboca. The vegetables were delicious and the soup heavenlySpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodGoodFoodVIPDined on 11/1/2014Went to Scusa in their (not so new) location after not having been for several years. The food was fabulous! My only suggestion to parents is to please think before bringing your young (under 8), tired children to a restaurant like this after 8:00 p.m. -- a party of 10 people arrived and it kind of ruined the atmosphere my husband and I were enjoying. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always good.TahoePWVDined on 11/1/2014Great service, great food. Seating is comfortable. Price is not cheap but well worth it. Lighting is a little too dark for my taste. We are regulars there and that will continue.Special Features:
- As always, everything was great!!TahoeFoodiesDined on 10/27/2014As always, food and service were great. Two of us had the scallops which were fabulous, the Petrale sole was great as well.Special Features:
- Napagirls2014Dined on 10/26/2014Service was top notch. We are Italian and the homemade bread and Lasagna was amazing!Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014loved our time at Scusa we were there a couple of years ago when they were in a small place off the main drag love the new larger house restaurant glad we made reservations as we were seated with a few minutes wait staff very up and friendly and attentive we enjoyed the fried calmari as a starter and the house bread was warm and tasty we enjoyed our entrees which both had a different red sauce soo good we looked over the dessert menu and it looked yummy however we had no room as we cleaned our plates with dinner great food and great experience we would highly reccommend but get reservations it is a very popular placeSpecial Features:
- coyotehowlsDined on 10/18/2014We come every year when visiting Tahoe - excellent food.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This place was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TahoevisitorDined on 10/17/2014A friend and I decided to try Scusa and found it to be reasonably priced, the food very good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Just greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We live in the area but have not been for years. Don't wait! Great food!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014We try to get here once whenever we come up to Tahoe. The food is always good. The menu hasn't changed in a few years but the specials keep it current, offering some variety. The wine list is more than adequate and we always enjoy our dinners here. The service is good, attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good.MadelineDined on 10/11/2014I'm still thinking about the lasagna and it's been a week since our dinner at Scusa!Special Features:
- Scusa, Your WelcomeKnightdinerDined on 10/7/2014The food is good, especially the garlic bread and lobster ravioli appetizer. Great combo! The fish special we ordered was really good too, probably one of the best fish dishes I have had. Drawbacks would rest solely with our server who conveyed an attitude that he was too good to be working in a place that served the likes of me and my wife and we saw the same attitude with the 4 ladies at another table. He wasn't mean or anything and he was very attentive, but something very elitist and condescending was radiating from him whether he meant it to or not. It could have been merely our perception but it was enough to make us question our choice to dine there. With that aside however I want to say the food and atmosphere was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatScubaRobDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I ate here for the first time and it was wonderful. The waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended the soul special which was great. Reasonably priced food and wine, great quality food. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Delicious "Cioppino" style dishjojoDined on 10/4/2014The place is highly rated on Yelp and friend came for her birthday. Get the garlic bread to dip in the lobster ravioli My friends had Lasagna, Grilled Sole with caper sauce and angel hair (special), chicken. The server recommended getting the Seafood Linguini with the Scusa sauce rather than alfredo so it was like a Cioppino preparation. It was delicious. We will definitely go back again the next time we visit Tahoe. Get the lava cake for desert if they have it, and ask for the fruit sauce on the side. Our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tahoe GemTopgunVIPDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at Scusa and were very impressed. The Garlic Bread Scusa and Lobster Ravioli appetizers were amazing. The Bleu Cheese Italian salad was very good. My wife loved the Seafood pasta. I had the Salmon Scallopini and it was excellent. Our server (Jake) was very attentive. Overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!chgofoodieDined on 10/3/2014Was spending a week in south lake tahoe & found scusa italian ristorante in a list of favored restaurants at our rental. Scusa did not disappoint! great pasta, seafood & excellent service by Jason. Many Thanks for a great meal & great time with friends.Special Features:
- Glad they expandedDeniseDined on 9/27/2014WE were there when they were much smaller on Ski Fun Blvd. I'm so glad they've expanded. We were seated right away and the service was excellent. The food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- always the first choice for ItalianSteveWVIPDined on 9/26/2014Once again, Scusa showed why the restaurant is always our first choice for Italian dining in South Lake Tahoe. The salads were cold, crisp and delicious. The garlic soup did its job in helping to keep vampires at bay. My Calamari Scusa was properly cooked and tender. My wife loved her Lobster ravioli. Sauces tend to be VERY rich. Our waitress was very attentive, checking often to see if we needed anything else. Full house on a Friday evening, so reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:
- EggplantBarbaraVIPDined on 9/26/2014The eggplant parmesan was wonderful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent classic Italian food!SltvisitorDined on 9/24/2014From salad to entree and dessert the food was yummy and service was great. We will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner selection is always good. The Scusa bread is outstanding.Special Features:
- An enjoyable eveningFromChicagoDined on 9/18/2014Our server was rather young and inexperienced. Cheerful, to be sure. I think he had too many tables to manage.Special Features:
- Very good!CarlaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We dined here last year when we vacationed at South Lake Tahoe. Came again this year & were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Excellent!burgersDined on 9/13/2014Our visit to Scusa was our very first time. The restaurant and its staff is nothing short of exceptional. My wife and I eat out regularly in the Sacramento area and it's been a long time since we've found a restaurant that we can get excited about. Our waitress was incredible, our food was served promptly, the saxophone player was a gentleman, and the food was nothing short of awesome! We know where we will dine the next time that we visit Lake Tahoe. Scusa is now one our favorite restaurants and it is no small wonder that they've been in business for so long. Thank you to the Scusa establishment for providing such a culinary gem to the Lake Tahoe community!Special Features:
- Celebrates a birthdaymmcampiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious and the service was terrific! Unexpected saxophone birthday music was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit while in Tahoe...Bike4LifeDined on 9/5/2014First visit, Friday night in September, reservation for 9. We were seated right away with menus & greeted by our waiter who took our drink orders and offered water. In addition to our waiter, two other staff replenished water, cleared plates, etc. Waiter happily answered questions about menu. I requested a half order of the sausage & pepper linguine bolognese (a little spicy & very flavorful!) & was gladly accommodated. The italian blue cheese salad was wonderful; nice size for a dinner salad. Guests loved the kale salad and the special halibut piccatta. Warm focaccia bread to die for! Overall, a fantastic experience. One suggestion ... replace bulbs in dining area as it is too dark to read menu. Otherwise, can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and Food!tahoDined on 9/4/2014We have been to Scusa twice and will be back!! My mom is from out of town and will only eat at Scusa's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeensVIPDined on 9/2/2014One of the best Italian meals I have had at a restaurant outside of NYC! It is worth going to South Lake Tahoe just for a meal at this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- keep the little ones at homeSteveluvsitalianDined on 8/31/2014This is a very nice place for dinner. Food was great . Delivery was slow 1 hour from order until we saw our dinner. The table next to us had several loud kids and even louder parents. The drone inside is too much. Eat outside in the garden. Parking sucks but if you go around the corner, lots of parking. The should post it on their Web siteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Debra CedoCederdome77VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were in Tahoe for Labor Day weekend and the town was very busy. I went on Open Table and selected Scusa after reading the menu. We will go back - the food was wonderful and the service was great. We had the Lobster Ravioli appetizer and the sauce was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHersheysDined on 8/29/2014Showed up late due to traffic. They still got us right in and we chose to sit outside. Beautiful outdoor dining. Excellent fast service. Excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTwoMacs48Dined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Scusa. The food was delicious and the service was attentive and personal. A summer storm came through as we were dining with rain and hail. Nice touch for a Summer dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINEDDined on 8/25/2014Great food, we will be back again for dinner, and maybe lunch, we had a party of 6 and everyone had a great dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe13Dined on 8/24/2014Linguini and clams was exceptional. My wife had the calamari with polenta which she enjoyed. The radicchio appetizer could have done with a little less balsamic dressing.Special Features:
- we were impessedtahoDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic place to take clients;romantic endevour or just to enjoy the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLovetheexperienceDined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for a special occasion dining experience, I strongly recommend Scusa Italian Ristorante. My friends and I celebrated my birthday their and we were all very please d with Scusa. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for a special night out. I highly recommend Scusa for those special dining evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italian cuisinesfgirlDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful restaurant with excellent northern Italian food. Certain sections of the restaurant are cuter than others, so ask for the patio or main part of the dining room. The Linguine with fresh clams was the best and the Italian blue cheese salad was also a favorite. You can't go wrong with this choice and many of the Saturday night customers were dressed very casually- jeans and shirts!Special Features: