2543 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scusa Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scusalaketahoe.com/
- Phone: 5305420100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM | Live Jazz Music Thursday - Saturday 6-9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private room for up to 20 guests.
~ Creative Traditional Italian & Fresh Seafood Daily ~ Upscale, Lively Atmosphere ~ Extensive Menu & Wine List ~
For over 20 years, Scusa has remained the perennial favorite of locals and tourists alike. Featuring traditional and creative pasta dishes, from simple Cappellini with fresh Basil and Tomato to Seafood Fettuccine Scusa in a light tomato-red wine sauce. Scusa is rumored to serve the best Linguine & Clams you'll ever have. Let's not forget the variety of Veal and Chicken dishes, and the Scusa Bread is a must! With appetizers from crispy Calamari to the House Specialty Lobster Raviolis in light Basil-Tomato Cream any choice is a good one. If you only have room to split a desert try the Amaretto Bread Pudding or the delicious Cannolis.
Scusa has one of the most romantic outdoor patios in Lake Tahoe, complete with fountain & garden. If you're looking for great food, with warm atmosphere and service, you are sure to enjoy!
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Debra CedoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were in Tahoe for Labor Day weekend and the town was very busy. I went on Open Table and selected Scusa after reading the menu. We will go back - the food was wonderful and the service was great. We had the Lobster Ravioli appetizer and the sauce was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Showed up late due to traffic. They still got us right in and we chose to sit outside. Beautiful outdoor dining. Excellent fast service. Excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTwoMacs48Dined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Scusa. The food was delicious and the service was attentive and personal. A summer storm came through as we were dining with rain and hail. Nice touch for a Summer dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, we will be back again for dinner, and maybe lunch, we had a party of 6 and everyone had a great dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe13Dined on 8/24/2014Linguini and clams was exceptional. My wife had the calamari with polenta which she enjoyed. The radicchio appetizer could have done with a little less balsamic dressing.Special Features:
- we were impessedtahoDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic place to take clients;romantic endevour or just to enjoy the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLovetheexperienceDined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for a special occasion dining experience, I strongly recommend Scusa Italian Ristorante. My friends and I celebrated my birthday their and we were all very please d with Scusa. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for a special night out. I highly recommend Scusa for those special dining evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italian cuisinesfgirlDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful restaurant with excellent northern Italian food. Certain sections of the restaurant are cuter than others, so ask for the patio or main part of the dining room. The Linguine with fresh clams was the best and the Italian blue cheese salad was also a favorite. You can't go wrong with this choice and many of the Saturday night customers were dressed very casually- jeans and shirts!Special Features:
- BEST "Local" Gem in Tahoe!TerriJVIPDined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant! Great service, food and wonderful music on weekends. It is exceptional and a very good value!Special Features:
- Fabulous authentic Italian food!NancyAnnDined on 8/22/2014I enjoyed a delicious eggplant parmesan on the beautiful outdoor patio, well heated by the portable propane heater. The server was slightly overly attentive, but it's better than nonexistent ;-) The pasta is perfectly prepared, everything tasted delicious and the wine list was very decent, with very little markup on the wine we selected. This is a great restaurant, great value, especially for the very touristic region of South Lake Tahoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scusa'sDonKDined on 8/22/2014Had a great meal. Food and service were excellent! Make sure you have reservations this is a very popular restaurant. We had reservations for 7 PM, arrived on time, and we were seated on time. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!YummyDined on 8/22/2014Love the food here! Lake Tahoe's Best Italian food. We have celebrated 2 birthday's so far & plan to celebrate more. Strongly suggest reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A do again experiencebirthdayDined on 8/20/2014I have special diet needs . The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We are definitely coming back and bringing friends.Special Features:
- Very nice nightRickyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Went to Scusa on a Wed. night and it was very good. We ate outside and it was a beautiful night. My wife and I had a very nice experience. Our food was outstanding and the wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!StevenDined on 8/19/2014The best lasagna I've ever had! The garlic bread and garlic soup were great too. Absolutely love this place!!Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurant!TerryDined on 8/18/2014Good variety for Italian food lovers. Some of the best linguine and clams I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I absolutely loved the food at Scusa and the service was amazing. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was an issueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Our third visit in two years (we are not from the area). Was loud before but this time was almost unbearable. I'm not sure we'd try it again for a while. Food was great and service excellent. So if noise doesn't bother you, definitely check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianLookingforsomethingnuDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful dinner experience. High quality Italian food and excellent service. Highly recommend this restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodrazfineVIPDined on 8/14/2014We were vacationing in South Lake Tahoe and happened to pass by Scusa. We decided to eat there after reading reviews on Open Table. Scusa lived up to its reviews. The food and service were excellent. I especially recommend the Fettucine Carbonara, which was excellent. I have had this dish at many different restaurants and Scusa made it the best. If you are in or around South Lake Tahoe and want excellent Italian food, go to Scusa.Special Features:
- Great food and service for yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My family has been going to Scusa's for over 10 years and have celebrated many a birthday dinner here. We missed a couple years but were so thrilled to go back last week. It was my wife's 32nd birthday and once again we had an amazing time. We now have a 2 year old and we were put in a corner booth which worked out perfectly. With four adults we shared 2 apps - the Scuza bread is amazing and all had our own entree's. Each one was amazing. The food has never been better - from the pasta to the fish we didn't even have any leftovers which at most places we do. We all shared and loved every dish. Rory - our waiter has been there since we started going and always provides great service and recommendations.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014Everything we had was absolutely delicious, from the garlic bread to the Caesar salad to all of the entrees. One of our best dinners in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodGFeaterDined on 8/11/2014good food. server was good, but rushed. needs more staff. noisy.Special Features:
- Not bad for TahoeMynicknameDined on 8/11/2014Six of us got right in thanks to making reservations online. Great by Tahoe standards. Only minus is they ran out of cannoli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded But Cool3dayweekendDined on 8/9/2014Didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped. The live jazz band guy was good, however it wasn't a band, rather a guy playing the saxophone into a microphone. Our waiter was very slow. Training tip: Have your servers take care of all their tables needs before leaving the dining floor to the kitchen. Being a server myself, I noticed this was a snow ball effect issue our server had. The food was fantastic! Wine list was amazing, it was very noisy and crowded, would have like to sit somewhere more romantic rather than 2 feet away from some drunk chatting family that was meeting boyfriend for the first time. Before reserving, make specific accommodations and your experience will be great! Stayed 08/09/14 on the west side of the south room.Special Features:
- Great little Italian placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Was not expecting much upon going, but heard good things and wanted to try. We were all pleasantly surprised. The food was great we stuck to the basics like chicken parm, pasta, etc. The service was great and the meal was very reasonable priced. We will be back.Special Features:
- John CadtigliaStigVIPDined on 8/8/2014We ate outside and it was quiet and very pretty. Our server Chrus was very attentive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOregonianDined on 8/6/2014The food was very good. I'd like to see the lobster ravioli as an entre rather than simply an appetizer. It was amazing. We got tucked into an alcove but saw some awesome seating elsewhere. Make your reservation early! If we get back, we'll eat here again. Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice settingTahoedinerDined on 8/6/2014Scusa is one of our favorite restaurants in South Lake Tahoe. Wonderful Italian food and a nice setting, if you get the outside seating, makes this place an enjoyable experience. It does not have an extensive wine list, but its food makes up for that.Special Features:
- Best find in Lake TahoeazcharDined on 8/6/2014We read many many reviews of restaurants before selecting Scusa for dinner one evening. We were not disappointed in our selection! The garlic bread is piping hot, crispy on the outside but light as air in the middle. The creamy roasted garlic soup was a wonderful treat, although the bite of 'raw' garlic was noted on the first bite, however, we loved the soup. Roasted garlic has a much more mild flavor. The appetizer portion of lobster ravioli was enjoyed by 2 of our party, while spaghetti and meatballs (4 large), lasagna (a perfect portion size) and the eggplant stack were the favors of others. Each and every dish was full of flavors, served hot from the kitchen and portioned to favorable portions.Special Features:
- Italian at its bestkamoiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Our party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The seafood Scusa was outstanding; the carbonara was also notable.Special Features:
- Scusa worked very hard to pleaseRomanticOnesDined on 8/2/2014Their lobster ravioli appetizer is to die for! Amazingly good! Main entrees good, I had Veal Saltimbocca, which I liked, but was a little too salty for my tastes. Flavor was good. Service was attentive without being obtrusive, and friendly. Enjoyed the meal. Would probably go back again next time I'm in Tahoe. Wines were reasonably priced- we had an Italian Sangiovese, one of my favorites.
- A Real TreatMacRushDined on 8/2/2014Our group of five ate here on our last evening in Tahoe. The outdoor seating was lovely. The eggplant parmigiana was delicious...a great blend of three sauces wasn't overdone and the edges crispy. It was a perfect ending to a fabulous trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go, go, go!luvthisplaceDined on 8/2/2014Scusa's is my favorite restaurant in Tahoe and out of Tahoe!. The food is to die for and their new location is fabulous. The outdoor dining is lovely. We recently celebrated family birthdays there and had a wonderful evening. The staff is 5 star and was friendly and professional. My advice is to GO to Scusa's for an evening you won't forget!Special Features:
- Scusa's Italian RistoranterenotannDined on 8/2/2014I took my husband here to celebrate nothing!! I just thought it was time for us to have a night out together. We had been to their restaurant when it was on Ski Run Blvd., but it had been about 5 years ago. Am I glad we decided to go there again. We had fond memories of their dipping sauce and food from our previous visit, so were anxious to return. I had the calamari steak which was out of this world. I could cut it with my fork! My husband had the special, petrale sole over angel hair pasta. It was done to perfection! The outside dining area has now been covered with netting to catch the leaves. Service was better than any restaurant in California and Nevada bar none! We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Don't order the Shrimp Scampiloveitalian711Dined on 8/1/2014My companion ordered the eggplant parmesan, wonderful dish. I ordered the shrimp scampi, not good at all, shrimp were tough and overcooked, sauce was flavorless. The wine was good, the jazz saxophonist was awesome. Very busy, must have reservations and pretty noisy with close proximity to other diners.
- We loved it!pislasDined on 7/29/2014Great food, excellent service, nice wine list! We would definitely go again the next time we are in Tahoe!Special Features:
- Even better than the reviews!TomEDogDined on 7/27/2014I saw great reviews online when i decided to try Scusa, but was still surprised by how good the food was. The service was equally impressive. It's my new favorite restaurant in Tahoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic italian foodNrse4bbsDined on 7/26/2014Food was outstanding! Would like option on open table to reserve outdoor seating though. That was only downside. Couldn't eat outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But for the squirrelsderfVIPDined on 7/26/2014The ambience would have been a 5 star were it not for the squirrels dropping bits of pine cones on the diners. The restaurant is addressing the problem with netting, but that has not yet happened. The food is average and the parking is a bit sparse, but they make up for it with attentive service. We'll return.Special Features: