106 W Seeboth St
Milwaukee, WI 53204Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.screamingtuna.com/
- Phone: 4147631637x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Wine Bar, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jason Morimoto & Michael Conley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Auto Shows, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Business Events & everything in between. Whether it’s for 20 sushi lovers or 200 sushi 1st timers, Screaming Tuna Sushi & Asian Bistro has just the menu you need.
- Private Party Facilities: Two business friendly "dojo" rooms, with full A.V. capabilities, that seat 12 people each. A retractable wall can be opened to accommodate seating for 24 people comfortably. Sections of the restaurant can also be reserved for much larger parties, from the patio to the bar.
- Private Party Contact: Cristian Vega 4147631637x
- Special Events: Third Thursday Dining:
Never before seen multi-course tasting menus. Unique, off the menu cocktail pairings. Transformed ambience & decor, from table settings to staff attire, & monthly galleries from local artists. Fantastic service worthy of the grandest stage. This is what big event dining is all about at Screaming Tuna, & we’ve decided that every month is worthy of such a special evening. Thus, Third Thursday was born. Beginning with our 2 Years Of Tuna Anniversary Party, each 3rd Thursday of the month we will present you with all of these surprises. Stay tun(a)ed.
- Cross Street: Water Street
- Public Transit: Just 4 blocks southeast of the Milwaukee's Amtrak & Greyhound station. Right off of Water Streets bus routes. Even access via boat, with a public slip out front.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking potential. Valet parking is available Friday & Saturday. Or go nautical! Located directly on the river, you can park your boat on our docks and walk right up to our patio.
A word from Screaming Tuna
Welcome. Screaming Tuna Sushi and Asian Bistro specializes in classic flavors and inspired fusions. Our menu includes an inventive selection of appetizers, maki, sashimi, and fresh seafood, steak entrees, and more. You’ll enjoy the extensive wine and cocktail menu, al fresco dining in warmer weather, and beautiful Milwaukee skyline views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Screaming Tuna - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Screaming Tuna reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (60)great for outdoor dining (53)fit for foodies (42)romantic (37)special occasion (32)hot spot (31)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fun and DeliciousPrimeSteakDined on 10/18/2014Best Sushi in Milwaukee! Great atmosphere inside with a nice view of river. Staff was very nice and friendly. Only draw back is parking. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- loved everything but our serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We have been here 4 times and never have I complained about anything but our waitress was not good. She let my husband sit with an empty beer for at 10 minutes. She was not very attentive. She came by maybe once while eating to ask if everything was OK. Just disappointed by her. Otherwise food was awesome as usual. Everybody was polite and the ambiance was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special family occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, great service, great drinks, my family picked a perfect place for some quality time.Special Features:
- Ordinarily interestingambrosiacDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant came with high expectations, it followed up with a mixture of good service and adequate food. The rolls were not amazing. I would not come back just for them. The few drinks we had were well crafted, balanced and unique. Our waitress was the star of the show here. She was attentive, informative, and made sure we had a good experience. She was the turning point for our good experience there. My friend loves Salmon, and we were extremely happy she was able to get us the Salmon Ceviche, even though it was not on the menu at the time. Also, the Simmas cheesecake was a welcome surprise. A perfect portion to close off a good evening.Special Features:
- Couples Dining ExperienceJewellDined on 10/10/2014We dined at the Screaming Tuna on Friday October 10th 2014. We started off with an Asian Pear cocktail, an East- Fashioned cocktail, and the Fried Squid appetizer. The drinks were fresh, fruity, and delicious and the app was lightly breaded and perfectly cooked, I was very pleased with all of the flavors. We ordered the wasbi tuna rolls, screaming tuna special rolls, spicy tuna rolls, and the ninja pig rolls. We loved every one, everything was fresh and flavorful. Our service was good, and our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and answered any questions we had. If you are a fan of sushi try the Screaming Tuna! Great food, beautiful scenery on the river, perfect date night spot, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Drinks!sushifanatic09Dined on 9/18/2014Went here for a girl's night with my friends and we had a lot of fun. The sushi was good but I felt that I've been to less expensive sushi restaurants in Milwaukee that have similarly tasting rolls. It is nice that they are a sustainable seafood place though, I love Eco-friendly restaurants. What surprised us was their out of this world specialty drinks. Yum! Also, our waiter was very friendly and nice.Special Features:
- Screaming Good!ghghghghjDined on 9/16/2014What a wonderful experience our dinner was on our first visit to Screaming Tuna. The view of the river and downtown is beautiful, our server Leah was both personable and professional, the food was outstanding. We started with Thai Beef Skewers. Absolutely tender, flavorful, delicious. My wife had the Sushi on the Rocks platter which she said was the best sushi she's ever had in Milwaukee. I had the Thai Curry Chicken which was perfectly prepared with a crisp skin and moist inside, served in a delicious curry with rice, and bok choy. Yummy!Special Features:
- Favorite Date Night SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food here is so delicious! The quality has ruined me for other sushi restaurants in the area. I just can't eat sushi anywhere else now! My husband isn't a sushi lover and he always orders Teriyaki Chicken. He loves it! The service is always on point and the view of the Milwaukee River make this place one we always go back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedsushiloverDined on 9/12/2014Our party of four had a less than stellar experience at Screaming Tuna. The service was rather slow as we sat for long periods with empty glasses and the food was just okay, nothing outstanding about anything we ordered. Our waitress made a mistake on our drink order and expected us to accept the incorrect drinks. When we insisted that they be remade correctly, she brought the new drinks, slammed them on the table and walked away, never apologizing for her mistake or asking if the remade drinks were acceptable. Overall, a very poor dining experience.Special Features:
- terribleunhappy123Dined on 9/8/2014We didn't end up eating because the martinis came in small water goblets and I was told no martini glasses were clean. I asked the waitress to please clean a glass and she did, but she did it with an attitude. We stopped at the reservation desk to let them know what happened and no one really cared. I suggest staff gets more training on satisfying the customer or you will lose more patrons.! Very disappointing and we will not go back.Special Features:
- date nightheartfoodmkeDined on 9/6/2014My partner and I really loved the food, environment, and wonderful service on our date night. Everyone from our hostess to our server were very sweet. The food was delicious and reasonable. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and atmosphere are amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great food. Been there multiple times and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for my husbands bdayThoughtfulDined on 9/5/2014I made reservations for dinner here for my husband's bday. We had a great dinner. The staff was very attentive. They even brought him a complimentary dessert for his bday! I didn't even ask for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They careOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We wanted to sit outside, but they do not take reservations for that. When we got ther, our table was ready and set! They made a tremendous effort to make our group of 6 happy. It made our night fabulous .Special Features:
- SUPERB SUSHI!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014You eat overlooking the marina and the draw bridge , we were seated inside first and it was no big deal, and the windows were really dirty. We were moved outside. Our waiter was perfect, knew all on the menu and was able to make suggestions. We had a huge variety and it was all so yummy and SO fresh, and excellent portion sizes. We will def be back!Special Features:
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014For being my first visit the food was very yummy. The waitress explain the whole menu which was great. Defiantly will be coming back!Special Features:
- UnmatchableN2K1422Dined on 8/11/2014We attended for foodie week, so they were a bit busy, but that didn't stop them from giving us outstanding service. Everything we we ordered (with was a lot) was absolutely delicious, and has been every time I have been there. I will definitely be back to Screaming Tuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was as close to perfect as you might hope - Service was above and beyond from descriptions to suggestions - Unique and appealing presentation of each fresh and tasty courses - No rush - And of course an outside setting with a magnificent view of the river and bridge - Reasonable prices - What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service, overpriced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Waitress took 15 min to get to our table on a very slow night. Food was terrible. I love sushi and heard great things from many friends but was sadly disappointed after this experience. Will not return nor recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The waiter was entirely to quiet to be heard from any distance. Also I'm pretty sure he judged me and my date for our apperience before he ever said a word to us. We will most definitely be back though because the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014Very pleased for our first visit. We will visit again in the near future.Special Features:
- Twitter Half Price NightpainfreeVIPDined on 7/29/2014I've been to S.T. many times before. Never once have I had a problem with service. But thanks to a special Half Price Night, the place was still packed at 8:00 PM. We had a reservation, but there were no tables. We were offered, to our satisfaction, a bar table, instead. Our server, was personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. She could have been more attentive to things like refilling water and getting our Sake out sooner, but the issue was the ONE hour wait for our sushi!! The restaurant knew it was going to be jammed.....they needed more staff to make a night like that work.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and FoodfoodiemkeVIPDined on 7/8/2014You cannot beat the location! The views of the river and downtown skyline are beautiful, and just when you get your fill of the views, the 1st Street/Water Street bridge starts to open to let a boat through! Patio space is also nice and open and not cramped like many other places. The sushi is great, and the portions are decent sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Screaming Tuna reviews archive.
- Vegan sushi at its best!Vegan1191Dined on 6/21/2014We just told the server we were vegan and henoffered us a vegan plate for too with an estimate on cost. Came out shortly after with 5 amazing rolls. You had a couple normal ones like ACA, and veggie combo. But also got a vegan hash roll and tofu veggie roll which most places dont offer. Overall it was an amazing place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceBeksDined on 6/20/2014The food and service is great at screaming tuna there wasn't one time I went there that the food wasn't delicious. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Fresh SushiATLFoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2014I put my hands of Sushi Chef and asked him to prepare the freshest fish for me. He prepared a wonderful assortment based on the freshest products he had. I have not been disappointed with any of my meals here. Creative preparation and fresh fish make for a great combination! The staff is helpful and friendly. Now that it has warmed up there is great seating overlooking the water.Special Features:
- LOVED IT!krzeee1VIPDined on 6/17/2014It was our first time here and we had amazing food, service and the view was spectacular. Thank you!Special Features:
- Sushi is awesomely fresh!witty4Dined on 6/16/2014Best place for fresh sushi! We love sitting on the patio it is very relaxing. The view is great and a nice place to dine outside on a warm afternoon or evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch!Bella54Dined on 6/15/2014I had a wonderful brunch with my son on a Sunday after church. The staff was very accommodating and the breakfast dish with eggs, hashbrowns and salmon was incredible! I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the 5th Wardgregg1954Dined on 6/14/2014This is a beautiful setting on the Point on the River in the 5th ward just over the south bridge of the 3rd ward. The food is excellent. The sushi is very good and fresh. They have an excellent selection of rolls and sake, and they will make special requests.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!BriBri1Dined on 6/11/2014This place is a hidden jewel in the city of Milwaukee. My husband and I LOVED it and will most certainly be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAKE TUESDAYjeannedDined on 6/10/2014First time visiting Screaming Tuna! Did not disappoint! Our waiter, Kit, was extremely helpful and knowledgable and even talked us into trying sake for the first time. Great experience!Special Features:
- Love the food and the viewpickyeaterDined on 5/29/2014Foods was amazing! Loved the spicy tuna and yellow fin rolls. The kobe specialty roll is good - very unique. Love the view of Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Creative SushiATLFoodieVIPDined on 5/20/2014What a wonderful spot for sushi right on the water! My waiter made an excellent wine recommendation! I put my dinner in the hands of the sushi chef, Wesley, and he did not disappoint! He only served me the freshest fish and had some creative pairings. By allowing the sushi chef to select my dinner I tried some new fish that I might now have ventured to try on my own. The staff is extremely helpful and nice! I am gluten free and they are very attentive and accommodating. This has become my regular sushi spot in Milwaukee - and I can't wait to go back!
- Great findRyanHDined on 5/9/2014We just discovered Screaming Tuna, and it was a fantastic experience. It's a great location, an awesome view of downtown and the river. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food is well worth the price, fresh and flavorful, and a fantastic variety of delicious sushi. It also has many other selections as well for the non sushi person. The only issue was it was a bit loud, a little quieter would have been nice. Overall though a very wonderful dining location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodrojospopDined on 5/9/2014The food was good but not the best sushi we have ever had. Deserts were great and so were appetizers. They did have some unique sushi rolls so try the ones you haven't had before!Special Features:
- Great for sushisoutherncharmDined on 5/2/2014Great variety of sushi and great atmosphere. Brought a friend from out of town and it was a wonderful treat. Very cool spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedChefadamj1Dined on 5/2/2014We were told by the server that the specialty rolls got 10 to 11 pieces to them. My wife and I both received only eight pieces of sushi and our specialty rolls which we paid almost $18 for each. They tasted good, but they were small considering we were promised larger. The server was very nice and knowledgeable and gave us a free anniversary dessert which was awesome.Special Features:
- RollsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014I thought the rolls were a little small and I felt I was still hungry after 2 rolls. I know I could've ordered another roll, but other places I have been to the rollers a little more filling that I didn't need more than 2. Just a personal opinion. Otherwise great food and loved the Monday night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnNewcomerVIPDined on 4/11/2014Excellent wait staff and the sea food was well prepared and fresh. They have very good sushi selection. The tempura was light and quite delicious.Special Features: