Scratch - Spokane
1007 W 1st Ave
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scratch - Spokane
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scratchspokane.com/
- Phone: 5094565656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday -11:00am-10:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm & Bar till 2:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Rex
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Scratch offers special services for your events and catering needs. For more information please contact us.
A word from Scratch - Spokane
Scratch noun 1. from a point at which nothing has been done ahead of time 2.without using a prepared mixture of ingredients.Continued
Partners Connie Naccarato and Jason Rex marry passion, vision, expertise to provide the ultimate dining experience at Scratch.
Partners Connie Naccarato and Jason Rex marry passion, vision, expertise to provide the ultimate dining experience at Scratch.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Scratch - Spokane - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Scratch - Spokane reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (18)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- So So.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014It took awhile to for waitress to show up, she was the backup and the main waiter was too busy. The food arrived at a reasonable amount of time. I tried the sea food trio, which was excellent. My wife had the halibut, very skimpy on the fish and the sauce was not good! Home made ice cream was a treat. We have mixed opinions.
- recent dinnerreluctantcriticDined on 10/11/2014It is our go-to place for special occasions, never been disappointed. The Creme Brule is to die for....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RSD1Dined on 9/15/2014The service was very good and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very nice meal and friendy serviceChrisRDined on 9/13/2014Surprisingly broad menu, and all four of us enjoyed our choices very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated contemporary diningMangiobeneDined on 9/12/2014Minimalist modern uptown decor, mediterranian, except for sone NW Asian fusion, with very professional, yet personable and attentive staff. Love the high bar overlooking open kitchen and will sit there next time. What's not to like. ManfiobeneSpecial Features:
- So so, but not on my favorite listfavfoodspotsDined on 9/11/2014Had not been to this restaurant before. There are many good options in Spokane this restaurant would not hit my top 10.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceNewfav1Dined on 9/3/2014We just moved back from Northern California and hoped to find a restaurant that would provide elegance and great food. We are well pleased with everything at Scratches. Even the homemade crackers were memorable! It was such a flavorful meal and we appreciate the food being seasoned so perfectly. It is definitely our new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014The crab chowder was amazing. Tiny restaurant in downtown with quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, quite pleasedNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/29/2014We frequent Scratch in Coeur d"Alene. This was our first time at the Spokane location. It's has the same high quality of service and food. We were quite pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedYum1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Slow service slow's kitchen I think they were understaffed. Bland calamari except for the sauces
- Most enjoyable part of Spokane tripUiweedgirlDined on 8/23/2014Our first time at Scratch was very enjoyable for our family. We took our 13 year old daughter with us and the server treated just as he would any adult. The food was outstanding, calamari for an appetizer and salmon. steak, and quail for the main dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, creative fooddrdreviewsDined on 8/14/2014Scratch has consistently impressed me with a great menu of creative options. Eclectic menu choices and nice wine pairings. I especially love their inventive soups...always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthdaydrtywkDined on 8/13/2014Easy to make a reservation, great service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHighExpectationsDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were in town for our anniversary, where we stayed at the Davenport. I do not mind paying for a good meal, and this was just that. It was good, not great. We ordered steak, which was very tasty, but for $29, I expected a bit more. I had a delicious Huckleberry Mojito, that I highly recommend, but for a $100 meal, I expected more. I left satiated, but not full. Our server was pleasant, but given that it was not very busy, our drinks were empty more than one. This experience was not overall bad, for the price, I can say I will likely not eat there again.Special Features:
- GooddiningdivaDined on 8/2/2014Nice little downtown spot. Friendly and competent service. Decent food and large portions.Special Features:
- BayeMorroDined on 7/26/2014We had a great waiter for our party of six. We ordered six different entrees...all superb! Salads were very nice, as well.Special Features:
- nice atmosphere, great foodCDAladyDined on 7/14/2014I had the salmon and my husband had halibut. The salmon was very tasty and the peanut sauce that accompanied it was by far the best tasting peanut sauce I've ever had!! My husband enjoyed the halibut, but felt there wasn't much else on the plate with it. The portions are quite small but the flavor is great. The music that was playing was also a great playlist.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014wWe were lookjng for a good dinner house as we waited for friends to land in Spokane - not from the area I went to Open table and booked it. from start to finish- everything food,cocktails, service, wine ambiance was great. Highly suggest it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and awesome servicebonbonnichDined on 7/5/2014My husband really loved Scratch. I had the quail which was delicious and my husband loved his halibut. The service was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- great dinnergspatzDined on 7/3/2014We eat at Scratch a few times a year, usually for special occasions. It's never disappointed us. Great food, reasonable prices, innovative menu and terrific service. Their osso bucco, ribs and salmon are favorites of ours. One of our favorite restaurants in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Scratch - Spokane reviews archive.
- Scratch in Spokane WASIBobDined on 6/18/2014This was our third time at Scratch; twice 2 years ago two nights in a row and once this time. Coincidentally, it was Wednesday night which is 50 % off bottled wine. The wine selection had variety if not a lot of depth and the waiter, the same waiter from 2 years ago, was very knowledgeable and helpful without being over bearing. He knew the menu inside and out as well; in short, he was as helpful and knowledgeable as you needed him to be- engaging in conversation to the extent you wanted to be engaged. The quality, preparation and presentation of the food was outstanding with a good range of choices. If you happen to be attending an event at the Fox theatre it is directly across the street from this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menu but Great ChoicesVickiDined on 5/16/2014Small Downtown restaurant next to some little boutiques. Great place to meet a girlfriend. Grownup grilled cheese is amazing as is the crab chowder. A great cheese platter and decent wine list. A place for a nice relaxing lunch, appetizers and wine or a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNWFoodiesDined on 4/19/2014Michael was our server, and happened to be at the front when I came in, and immediately put me at ease when I was looking for change for the meter while my husband was parking the car, knowing we had a show at the Fox to get to after dinner. His thoughtfulness and attention to the details made our experience one of the best I have had at a restaurant in Spokane. The food was excellent, and the restaurant was peaceful yet had a fun vibe. We ate in the bar before a show last December and it was very good too, but our experience in the main part of the house puts Scratch over the top on our list!Special Features:
- A Special EveningKuriousKatDined on 4/12/2014We needed an evening for the two of us that was over the top, and Scratch really fit the bill. The food was exceptional and the wait staff engaging. Amazing for a date night - ordered all three courses, plus dessert with the amazing French press coffee with all the fixings.Special Features:
- Good restaurant in nice locationJackieDined on 3/20/2014We found this restaurant a nice find In Spokane - in the quaint Montvale Hotel with a lively bar right next door. Seating is a little close, but the restaurant wasn't crowded so it was fine. Interesting menu selection. Nice selection of salads and good portion size. We split a rack of lamb and it was well prepared, very tasty. Dessert - creme brûlée - was recommended my our server and did not disappoint. We liked his recommendations. We thought the wine by the glass pour was on the small side. Would get a bottle next time even if we couldn't finish. Overall a good experience.
- I had the beef tenderloingoodfoodgoodtimesDined on 3/15/2014I had the beef tenderloin dish and it was amazing. The beef melted in my mouth and the port wine reduction paired perfectly. The wife loved her salmon dish. Had a coconut cream tart, which was also top notch. My wife and I have partaken of this restaurant a number of times and have never had bad service, nor bad food. We will definitely keep returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was ExcellentdinerDined on 3/14/2014Our server was nice, but he didn't explain the food to us. We had never been to the restaurant and after we ordered, he brought us breadsticks. No idea why, as we didn't order and he did not describe why we got them or what was on the plate. Of course, we could discern what we were eating and it was delicious. We also noted another waiter next to us that was excellent. Don't know his name, but he described everything to the customer, going above and beyond. We wished we had sat in his section. I would probably go back, because the food was excellent! Maybe hope for another, more knowledgeable and engaging waiter next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okLovefoodDined on 3/6/2014I ordered calamari and couldn't eat it , It was not cooked all the way. It had wet batter around it and I actually had to take it out of my mouth :( I couldn't choke it down. The stuffed chicken I had was alright. Nothing I would order again . The only think I did like was the Gorgonzola risotto . I would not eat there again. Just because I didn't think it was good especially for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scratch Scratch for dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014The wine by the bottle prices were nearly double that of the Davenport. The service was poor. We got our check before they brought desert. We were seated midway in the restaurant and every time the door opened a blast of cold air reached our table. Nothing outstanding about the food.
- Good but not memorablePickyDined on 2/28/2014We ate at Sratch as part of Spokane's Restaurant Week. We tried every item on the special Restaurant Week menu. Although, the food was good, I would not place it among the best in Spokane. For the price of the menu items I would expect it to rival the best food in the Spokane area.
- Great place!pkellyirishskierDined on 2/28/2014This is a great place! Good food and service. It was a bit chilly since it was a cold windy evening. When people came in, which was fairly steady since we arrived at 5:30pm and were one of the first to be seated. Not ideal for winter dining. We started with an nice brie appetizer, then a couple of salads, Caesar and the Signiture salad, that we shared because both very good. We then ordered the duck which we shared. It was the perfect size meal for two. Fortunately our waiter advised us to have the duck cooked rare to med rare...excellent advice. We were very satisfied! We'll definately be back...when the weather warms up a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!JoJoDined on 2/22/2014Everything about this restaurant was fabulous! I immediately enjoyed the contemporary artistic feel upon entry, and was impressed with the friendly and knowledgable staff. The food was amazing, from the marvelous taste to the beautiful presentation, everything was just perfect for a date night! I will definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back for more soon!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 1chloeVIPDined on 2/18/2014I dined solo at Scrath and didn't feel like I was by myself at all. Everyone on the floor was chatty and very welcoming. I visit Spokane often for work, this as my first time eating at scratch and I'll definitely be back! Next time I'll visit with a bigger appetite and try one of their entrees, as they looked amazing! My starter and salad hit the spot, though!Special Features:
- "Scratch" it off the list? Or...jethy3Dined on 2/15/2014Service was superb, but over-shadowed by: Noise-- so loud it was impossible to visit; the waiter couldn't hear our food selections. "Out" of basic adult beverages that were requested. Really? On a Saturday night at 6:00 PM? Shrimp gnocchi was rejected. Pretty pink was not an ideal look for my pork chop. The steak and lobster special, was delicious-- excellent. We shared our perspective with our wait person, who apologized (and he was great to begin with), saying, "This is the one day that all of the wheels fell off the wagon". Understandable. We've all had that happen. Given the cost, and prior experience, we'd be reluctant to return.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We received the smallest table in the entire restaurant (diameter equal to width of my shoulders) directly in line with the front door, so we also received the cold draft every time the door opened. We had to track down the hostess in order to get a wine list, as our waiter did not came back for 15-20 minutes after we were given food menus. When we did receive the bottle of wine we had ordered, the waiter had to remove the small candle from the center of the table in order to have room to set down the bottle. The appetizer my wife ordered was placed in front of me and we were left to try to carefully rearrange glasses and side plates in order to make room to put the appetizer in the middle of the small table.
- Valentines DinnerRackofLamblessDined on 2/14/2014Scratch has always been one of our favorite places. We decided to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, which is on Valentines Day at Scratch. We realize it is one of the busiest holidays, but made a reservation a month and a half in advance. When we arrived, our table was a small table that had been put in the area by the front door that is usually the entrance. After we mentioned this was not acceptable, we were given an acceptable table. Our reservation was for 7pm. When we tried to order the rack of lamb, our waitress informed us that they had run out. We did order other items from the menu, and our meal was satisfactory & our waitress did a good job. We will not consider them for a holiday again, however.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for nice dinnerEatwellDined on 2/1/2014Fab food, great service. Nice experience all around! Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experiencePT88Dined on 1/25/2014My husband and I came to Scratch for a date night and were not disappointed at all. We were greeted and seated quickly (we did have a reservation) and attended to promptly by our waiter. I'm sorry I do not recall his name. We shared a Caesar salad, I had the tenderloin medallions and my husband had the New York Strip special. Our meals were excellent! Then dessert...we shared 2...the banana chocolate ice cream which was to die for and the bag of donuts. Wonderful service, mouth-watering food! Oh...and great wines as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, ambiencegspatzDined on 12/31/2013We've had a few celebratory occasions at Scratch and have never been disappointed. This most recent occasion was a New Year's eve and we were not disappointed. The Osso Bucco was the hit of the table, though the rack of lamb was not far behind. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST in SpokaneBBJIDVIPDined on 12/18/2013I have been to Scratch a number of times and everytime I go I am glad I did. The food quality is very consistant and a wine and desert menu that will certainly please anyone. This is a great find and I say GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.