Scratch Kitchen and Cocktails
132 West Main St.
Norman, OK 73071Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scratch Kitchen and Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://scratchnorman.com/
- Phone: (405) 801-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Nuss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Scratch Kitchen and Cocktails
We're nerds about flavor. Food fills our thoughts between meals. We spend our free time honing our knife skills, studying spices, dissecting spirits, and doing anything to better prepare daring, delicious feasts, because our reputation is forged in our kitchen and behind our bar. Good food is our best advertising. We're incredibly friendly, but will always fix you a mean plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scratch Kitchen and Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)romantic (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not impressedpinkyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food is too expensive for what you get. You have to order everything separate, small piece of chicken $15.00 then a side $6-8, then a drink....End up paying $30 for just one person. Won't be going back...will go to Paeso Grill instead, much better food and better prices.
- One perfect nightDeepThoughtsDined on 10/7/2014What can I say? Every minute at this restaurant was great. I took the love of my life there on a date and it was pure magic. The staff was knowledgeable about menu choices and made intelligent recommendations. The bartender took time and care when making our drinks, as opposed to so many restaurant bars these days. Finally, the taste! Yes! The flavors were balanced and, as odd as it sounds, somehow enhanced the ambiance of sitting outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food exceeded expectationskludjVIPDined on 10/7/2014Great spot to eat. Service was awesome, food prepared very well. I went two nights in a row while in town on business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchTravelerDined on 9/13/2014We had a great lunch with creative cocktails. The service was great. The restaurant is in a location with easy accessSpecial Features:
- An Itch for Scratch!ScottVIPDined on 8/27/2014Scratch is a very nice restaurant with a lovely decor and exceptional staff. My meal was very good and the lamb was cooked perfectly with amazing seasoning and flavors. Some of the best lamb I have ever eaten; however, I opted out of the pomodoro sauce. My server was superb, knowledgable and attentive. I noticed that in all of the wait staff and the tables around me. As for the food I started with a generous sized caesar salad; however, the romaine was still wet and the dressing was overly tart with very little flavor. Scratch is a nice place and worthy of a visit with quite a number of entre selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulExpertFoodieDined on 8/18/2014Scratch is a great restaurant--true farm to fork. They have a wide selection which will delight vegans and meat lovers. Their cocktails are incredible and the service is second to noneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scratch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014So quaint, so good, what a great place! I loved the everything from scratch concept and they carried it off well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionThanksgivingDined on 8/10/2014We searched online for the best brunch in the OKC area. I am so glad we chose Scratch for our anniversary celebration. The menu selection for breakfast was vast and we had a hard time choosing between dishes. Both items were excellent, we had the lemon poppy seed pancakes and migas. Atmosphere included live music and the service was excellent. Great job, thank you for an amazing breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Scratch Kitchen and Cocktails reviews archive.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014The food was great, fresh and super delicious! Everything we ordered was cooked perfect and the service was excellent! I would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:
- Very good brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014I would definitely recommend this place! Good food and excellent service. Our table was ready for us when we arrived. Parking was not a problem. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great PlacecmoxokDined on 6/15/2014I have been here for dinner twice and Brunch once. First, I really like the mixologist bar. You have to try at least 1 mixed drink. They also have a good beer selection. They have a large social table behind the bar that I have sat at twice to eat (open seating) as I did not have a reservation. The food menu has things I have never seen and I have had the fish and steak and both were excellent. It gets a little busy on the weekends so it's best to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Place!NormaniteDined on 5/21/2014This was my first time at this place. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was great and the service was amazing! The prices were about what I would expect for such well prepared and flavorful food. Scratch is on my go again list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, excellent, excellentDavidordcdVIPDined on 4/7/2014We stopped here for lunch and really enjoyed it a lot. I thought it sounded and looked good but was even better than expected. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DisappointedTbroDined on 4/5/2014Our first visit to Scratch was very good. We took our daughter and friends this time and the food was very disappointing. Onion soup was fair at best. Mac and cheese, doughy and undercooked - our daughter is a high profile chef in Los Angeles. Flank steak sandwich was so full of other items, that it was messy and overpowered by ingredients other than steak. Overall, the food was not good. However, service and drinks were excellent.
- Top 3 in NormanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Everything about Scratch was wonderful! The atmosphere was great, our server was extremely personable and knowledgable, and the food was amazing! We ordered what our server recommended- the chicken sandwich and the pork tenderloin. both were phenomenal. We also had a side of Mac & Cheese that was different but great and the Spinach and Artichoke dip- spicy but excellent! Without a doubt top 3 restaurants in Norman, love that everything is local as well! We need more places like this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better luck next time, we hope80jetpilotDined on 3/22/2014Made reservations yet unaware when we arrived. Appears they transfer the electronic reservations to paper. We were seated promptly and after several people were served before us that arrived after us, we contacted the hostess. The wait person said no one told her we had been seated. :(. We ordered the French Onion soup but it is far from the traditional version and should state so in the menu. We then ordered our entrees, Salmon and Prosciutto Chicken. Both were excellent but they don't come with any sides. Again, it is not apparent in the menu so the wait person should walk you through that. Soup x two and two entrees (no sides) was over $50. We will try again someday as the entrees were very good, only next time we will be the wiser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy. The night we werethressagVIPDined on 3/1/2014Very noisy. The night we were there they were extremely busy. It took an hour to get our food and the steak was cold when it arrived. Would not return to this restaurant. Also when we got there they told us they didn't take reservations and we would have a 20 minute wait. I told them I had made reservations on open table and they did find us a table before the 20 minutes.Special Features:
- First time and last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014We reserved a table for 4 for a date night and were not impressed to start that we still had to wait 30 minutes for our table. We sat in the bar and ordered a drink which took forever to get and was way overpriced for the size of the drinks. The other couple were were with was very disappointed as well with their drinks and the amount of time it took to order and receive them. There is no music in the restaurant just peoples conversations. The food was okay not great and again overpriced for what you receive. We ordered steaks and the lamb with fries and Mac abd cheese, other couple ordered the au gratin potatoes and did not care for them they were more of a mushroom soup potato caserole thing. We probably won't revisit this place.
- Worth a tryEricGVIPDined on 2/28/2014Waited a little long for a table, lady went to set table up and returned 2 minutes later we were surprised when we got sat that there was only two other couples in the restaurant and we sat right next to them. The service from that point on was nice, food was really thought out and great taste. Lacking Ambience unless you like the cold warehouse look..Special Features:
- Vibrant Brunch spot!NativeGirlDined on 2/23/2014We went for Sunday Brunch and it was outstanding! The tenderloin eggs Benedict could not have been better, and the blue corn migas were great. The "side of fruit" was a generous portion of fresh mixed fruit including raspberries and blackberries...the scored concrete floors make it a little loud, but it has a good energy and the food and service was awesome. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.