Scratch - Coeur d'Alene
501 E Sherman Ave
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scratch - Coeur d'Alene
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scratchcda.com/
- Phone: 2089304762
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Rex
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Scratch offers special services for your events and catering needs. For more information please contact us.
A word from Scratch - Coeur d'Alene
Scratch noun 1. from a point at which nothing has been done ahead of time 2. without using a prepared mixture of ingredients. Partners Connie Naccarato and Jason Rex marry passion, vision, expertise to provide the ultimate dining experience at Scratch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Scratch - Coeur d'Alene - Best Restaurants in Coeur d’Alene ›
Scratch - Coeur d'Alene reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- foodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014We live in Spokane and prefer Scratch Coeur d'Alene to its Spokane "sister". We prefer the menu and the atmosphere to that of Spokane's Scratch. The food is consistently good, and we go there if we visit coeur d'Alene. The adult Mac 'n heese is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014The Kobe burger is one of the best I've ever had! I had the Swiss/Mushroom option. It was served piping hot and perfectly done. The sweet potato fries were also great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Service was very slow and unfriendly. A little to quaint for our taste.Special Features:
- So good, went back a second time!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is a gem! It was so good went back a second night in a row.Special Features:
- Best food for the best priceNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/20/2014Scratch has remarkable food at the best prices you will find in the Coeur d'Alene area. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceKathylynneVIPDined on 8/11/2014Cute place. Food was good. Nice artwork for sale on walls.
- Pretty good food but frozen fishFoodseekerDined on 8/1/2014We went there for an early dinner. First, we both order a lantil soup that was served cold. It tasted good. My wife ordered halibut and I ordered Ahi Tuna for main dish. The fish was pretty good but not very good. I could taste it had been frozen before, didn't taste fresh. We had better halibut 2 days ago at Cedars Floating Restaurant. Thus, 3 stars only on food. Nevertheless, overall it is still worthwhile the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLaCydDined on 7/13/2014We had a group of diners and all were very pleased with their tasty and attractively presented selections. The service was very friendly and efficient. Making the reservation through Open Table was incredibly easy.Special Features:
- Grandpa ApprovedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014My dad is hard to please and he enjoyed his experience.Special Features:
- Cold foodstacieDined on 6/23/2014I ordered salmon and requested it rare....it was served extra well done. My husband ordered pasta and meatballs. The center of the meatballs were cold! Disgusting. The waiter was apologetic. They re cooked are meals and the second time around was better. Surprised that the manager or chef didn't come to talk to us and they didn't comp either meal. Definitively would not returm if I lived in CdA.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Scratch - Coeur d'Alene reviews archive.
- Very poor service!jrsinpdxDined on 6/18/2014Very poor experience on a 6/18/2014. Ordered soup, salad and entrée. After 20 minute wait, soup and salad arrived at same time. Less than 1 minute later entrée arrived. I protested to server to no avail. I asked for uneaten salad to be removed from check and was denied. Worst customer service I have experienced in a long time.
- reservations issueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I made the reservations for this restaurant on line. When I called the evening that we had made the reservations for to tell them we would be about 20 minutes late, they said they did not have our reservation. I told them we made it on line, but they said they did not have it. We were able to get in just fine, anyway.Special Features:
- Great casual restaurantRobertDined on 6/2/2014The main course was excellent (duck), but what really made the dinner were the accompanying fresh vegetables and greens - combination was well chosen, fresh, and seasoned just right. Location easy to walk to in "downtown" Coeur d'AleneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie's delight, reasonable priceNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 5/25/2014The meals are delicious! Never a bad one. Service is also good. Don't miss the desserts - especially the berry cobbler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great SpotOysterBirthdayVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food and service here was perfect. I had lunch here once and dinner once. I will definitely be back when I return to town. I can't comment on wine because I did not order any alcohol.Special Features:
- Loved the foodYayforgoodfoodDined on 4/27/2014I wouldn't call it elegant, it's pretty casual but with fine dining quality food. (My kind of restaurant). If you're looking for excellent food, definitely try Scratch. Try the bacon wrapped figs! Everything was cooked perfectly and the server was sweet and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Nom NomNesspraDined on 4/23/2014We had a wonderful meal here. The decor is lovely, very inviting and modern. We were lucky to be there on a Wednesday which was 50% off bottles of wine. SCORE! Plus, the menu has great items on it. We chose the bacon wrapped figs (delicious) and then the seafood pappardelle pasta and the crispy duck breast. They were equally amazing. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- Our first time at ScratchfoodieVIPDined on 4/8/2014Our first time at Scratch Coeur d'Alene (we usually go to Scratch Spokane) The food was fabulous, and the restaurant cozy. My duck was cooked perfectly and the sides were superb. Two of our party had the adult Mac and Cheese which was excellent. We will go back.Special Features:
- Relaxing venueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014We wanted a quiet relaxing dinner without TV screens loud music and noise and we got that AND great food. We had a seafood special and a beef dish and both were generous servings and delicious. We will be returning soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014Excellent food and service. A casual setting with great food and wine specials on Wednesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food isn't that good for the priceSammyDined on 12/31/2013The online menu has several items for dinner that are not served at the restaurant. The portions on my husbands dinner plate were so small that it could have been a small appetizer. ($22.00) My dinner was stir-fry ($22.00) and just that. How expensive is bread or a salad to add to the meal? Because you don't have the business you don't skimp on the food. Also the gratuity was included on our bill. That should be at our discretion. Overall for the price we paid, and what we received, we will not go back. Coeur d Alene has too many good restaurants with great food to choose from and more reasonable prices.
- Just what we wantedEandYDined on 12/23/2013My girlfriend and I wanted to enjoy CDA for a day and finish it off with a great meal - Scratch provided just that! The food was extremely tasty, with good-sized portions as well. The restaurant had a very nice ambiance, and was nicely decorated for the holiday season. We have already recommended it to friends and family, and would recommend it to acquaintances as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Name says it all4rockDined on 12/23/2013The chef uses only the freshest local ingredients. Hence the menu changes with the seasons. Scratch has probably the finest quality food available in a local area that contains some very notable restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with ScratchvacosvcDined on 7/18/2013We ate outside so I can not comment on the inside dining experience The lady waiting on the outside tables was pleasant, but we did not see much of her (I checked in, when we arrived, and waited 20 minutes before she can to take or order, and bring us water, I had to ask about ordering drinks, refill my own water, ordering another beer meant going back inside and finding someone to take the order) and ), they did not seem overly busy, so I am unsure what the issue was. Prices seemed steep, with most items above $20.00, some a lot more They had a sign prohibiting dogs in the outside dining area, other places allowed dogs outside. (It just seemed unfriendly and officious) Downtown has lots of alternatives, I wouldn't go back to Scratch.
- I wish they would bring backRitaDined on 7/12/2013I wish they would bring back their Kobe Beef Tacos, our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013We had a nice evening at Scratch. I had their seafood special of the night which was prepared well and my husband had another seafood dish that was also very good. Portion sizes were generous. Also had a their signature salad which I love and dessert. Would definitely return. I like to support the locally owned restaurants.Special Features:
- Fun Food and Front Row SeatTravelingManSpokaneDined on 5/6/2013Quality food + well-trained kitchen + nicely plated dishes served by a friendly and knowledgeable waitress = a really good dinner. The wine list is much more cost friendly than the Wine Cellar a block or two down the street. Bonus: if you get a window table, you have a front row seat to the Flotsam and Jetsam of North Idaho's heavily tattooed and pierced street population skateboarding shirtless down the street or cruising aimlessly (but loudly) up and down Sherman Avenue on their motorcycles or tricked-out cars trying unsuccessfully to impress. I'll be back for the food. Would prefer the street people migrate somewhere else.Special Features:
- We had the salmon specialKAPMDined on 3/19/2013We had the salmon special and it was fresh and delicious. Excellent service. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- We had a great time at ScratchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We had a great time at Scratch on Valentine's Day! The mood setting was perfect, service and food were great!Special Features:
- Nice Birthday evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Bruchetta was wonderful. The heavenly Brownie was so tender it was hard to tell it from the tasty ganache. The Fruit Cobbler top was great with a good combination of peaches & huckleberry filling. The vanilla ice cream was great. The Hot Pot is a great find. I loved how it was thicker than expected and the flavor was just right. Nice selection of seafood. The Osso Bucco could have been better. Service was great. Overall a great experience...Special Features: