Scott's Seafood - San Jose
185 Park Ave.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodsj.com/
- Phone: 4089711700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm – 9:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm – 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room
A word from Scott's Seafood - San Jose
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition in the heart of downtown San Jose. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. Enjoy views of San Jose and the surrounding hills of Silicon Valley from the sixth floor. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Scott's Seafood - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Scott's Seafood - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (75)great for outdoor dining (69)good for groups (52)romantic (46)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (18)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Good for Pre-theater dinner!LocalLadyDined on 10/16/2014We dined here before a performance at the SJ Performing Arts Center. Our server was polite and efficient, but the kitchen seemed a bit off. Both our courses seemed to take a long time to come out. But we had allowed 1 hour and 15 min for dinner, and we made it to the theater on time. The food was OK, but a bit bland. DH had Sole Dore which he enjoyed, and I had Almond crusted Halibut--which was cooked perfectly, but just very bland. The mashed potatoes were smooth and fluffy, but the vegetables had very little flavor and were VERY al dente!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food on the patioLivetoeatDined on 10/16/2014The outdoor patio is very nice. They have a fire pit that might be cool at night. I was there for lunch. The food was good, nice presentation. They were a little short on staff. Great place when there is sunshine on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat for our groupYumispeakVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had a company dinner there with about 8 people in attendance and everyone enjoyed their meal. We were recommended the hot and cold appetizer plates and they didn't last long :). The raw oysters were very good as well. The wine selection was good, but the server wasn't very wine savvy, though knew enough to recommend a decent replacement for the wine I had ordered, which they were out of.Special Features:
- scott survivesshelikofVIPDined on 10/11/2014While the location is great, the food is variable. Fish was overdone and dry. The waiter was hard to locate and slow (or maybe that was the kitchen). Management is very agreeable and arranged to comp the parking for the evening, not just for the mealtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The sea bass was very good, the halibut was bland, the bread was awesome. The wait staff were friendly, but the service was slow. There was an event the evening we dined, which could explain the latter. We dined before sunset and enjoyed the view from the 6th floor (I think) location. The validated parking was also welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server needs more trainingne12345Dined on 10/7/2014We would have enjoyed our visit more if our server gave us time to acknowledge her presence and let us finish a sentence when she approached our table. Our server came to the table and started talking over us talking. We didn’t feel like guests at all. please pass this along to the restaurant manager. Thank you!Special Features:
- Scott's SeafoodBelatedBdayDined on 10/4/2014I brought my wife here to celebrate her belated b-day dinner. We had reservations on Saturday, 10/4 at 7:15pm and sat at the bar area in the outside patio. The service we had was nonexistent aside from the server taking our order and dropping off our food. He NEVER even check on us one time. I wanted to order another drink, but never had the opportunity to because the guy never came back. Overall, the ambiance was nice and the food was great, but the poor service ruined our entire dining experience. I've had better service at Applebee's. If we're paying $30+ for entrees, you would think the service would be superb. Yea, you would think! He was lucky I still give him a tip….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotSoquelniteoutDined on 10/2/2014This was my first time to Scott's and I enjoyed it. They were very crowded and the wait staff was pushed to the limit. Parking was really easy and the hostess will validate your ticket so there is no chargeSpecial Features:
- Great - until desertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2014Food and service was excellent, until desert. The cheesecake was a huge disappointment, it tasted like cardboard. Please have your kitchen taste what is being served - it never would have been permitted to leave the kitchen.Special Features:
- Review for 9/22/15HelloHDined on 9/22/2014Our reservation was late so the restaurant was not that busy. We got seated immediately. The busser dropped off bread. We watched people walk by for 10 minutes before we stopped a server. He apologized & got us water. He said our server was busy with a big party so he would get us started. He was very kind & apologetic. Another server dropped off our app & said she was going to take our order. I asked ask her if she is our server & she said yes. Never apologized for us waiting & never told us her name. The rest of the night was okay. I would still come back but having been in the restaurant industry for 10 years, I expected a lot more at the beginning of our experience. Food was great & thanks for the birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice view, not crowdedThmbscrwDined on 9/21/2014Picked Scott's for a business dinner because of location. Not very crowded on a Sunday night (no shows that night at nearby theaters). Unexpectedly excellent food. Good service. Nice view (6th floor). Validated parking. I don't usually think of Scott's, but I will definitely do so from now on.
- Garlic everywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014We did like the bread and butter. The view is great. They put huge amounts of garlic on everything which ruined the dinner. I did order a hot fudge sundae at the end of the meal. It was terrible. The room was cold.Special Features:
- Enough, wont return againSeafoodlover2014Dined on 9/19/2014We have tried Scott's Seafood enough times and this is the last time for sure. The food were never good, nothing outstanding. Limited seafood items for a seafood restaurant. The waitress was a pretty young lady but she was not pretty when she placed the glasses, plates on the wooden table. we heard a "bang" each time she placed something on the table.
- Wonderful dining experiencecarol4180Dined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful evening at Scott's Seafood. We were able to get a table on the patio, which has beautiful views of the San Jose's skyline. If you get chilly, there are regular heaters, as well as a lovely fireplace which warmed everyone up nicely. My meal was just delicious. I had the mushroom ravioli in a cream sauce, topped with asparagus, fresh mushrooms and prawns. Yum. My husband enjoyed his seafood salad, too. Our server was so efficient that we had time before our concert for desert (hot fudge sunday for me and cheesecake for my husband), along with really nice espresso for both of us. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delicious meal in a romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Opera treatLisaonbassDined on 9/19/2014I really enjoyed the Jambalaya. The wine was excellent, a Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay.Special Features:
- Roof-top dining with characterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was an excellent choice for a pre-show dinner. Attentive service and excellent seafood. Crab cake, shrimp and calamari sampler platter came with tasty dips. Portions large, and the waiter kindly mentioned this so we did not order extra or too much. Good wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the play2womenDined on 9/13/2014My daughter and I saw Wicked in the afternoon and walked to Scott's afterward. We were early for our reservation and chose to sit at the bar first. The barman appeared busy but was friendly and attentive. We asked to be seated, still early, and it was no problem. The view was fabulous and the wrapped shrimp appetizer with dip was very tasty. Next, we tried the soups. The French Onion was hot and delicious. I ordered halibut and my daughter had the ahi tuna which she liked but couldn't finish. We liked the food. It was hot, and tasted great. We will come back again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening dinner evaluationFred101Dined on 9/13/2014Convinent parking, friendly, accomodative,and outstanding service. Excellent menu with high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SettingYummyfoodDined on 9/12/2014Lovely restaurant with an awesome menu. My fiance and I went there for our anniversary and had an awesome experience.Special Features:
- Dinner before the theaterMikeDined on 9/10/2014Had a great window table. Our waiter was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewHunt4NotableDined on 9/9/2014The service was good and the environment was good however, the food was disappointing when compared to my previous experience with another Scott's Seafood location. The seafood was not as fresh as I had hoped and the quality of the preparation was consistently off in flavor.Special Features:
- Good as usualmeeeDined on 9/6/2014This is one of our favorite downtown restaurants. The food and service is always very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food, needs better serviceLatincaligurlDined on 9/4/2014I really hate when i go to a restaurant and I have to hunt down my server. Be attentive to your tables. Otherwise the food was amazing and the band was an added bonus! Who doesn't love dinner on a rooftop at sunset with live jazz playing. superb!Special Features:
- Excellent evening at ScottsFamilyfunDined on 8/31/2014We had an excellent evening, good food, good fun and great views. The service was a little lean as I think the crew was understaffed that evening but all in all it was a great night. Thank you!Special Features:
- DickDined on 8/30/2014Always great food and service. Close to Center for the Performing Arts (theater).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showSeafoodloverDined on 8/30/2014Love coming here before going to a show at the Performing Arts Center. It's so easy to fill up on food at Scott's, but avoid the food coma or you'll fall asleep during the evening show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysSanjosedinerDined on 8/27/2014I've been coming to Scott's for 20 years and they never disappoint me. Delicious seafood (I had their sole petrale), excellent service, nice view and altogether a perfect place to go eat before theater (went there before "Wicked").Special Features:
- Huge DisappointmentScottTDined on 8/21/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday. Arrived 10 min early for 7PM on-line reservation with request for patio. at 8:00, still no seat. Hostess useless and often not locatable. No ability to move along diners who had checks delivered to table 30 minutes or longer. Sat inside; terrible service. Brought drinks to table from bar ourselves. Waiter: Can we get you a cocktail or glass of wine? Uhh, they are right in from of us already ! Clam appetizer sandy, all agreed Oysters Rockefellers worst we ever had and ate only 1 each, main meal: trout was very good, others just ok. Wait service very poor, manager had to clear off all the empty dishes from appetizers. Manager comped several things to make up for problems. Staff needs training. Will not return.
- Seafood in San JoseCA95112Dined on 8/19/2014Always good, Scott's is great for a business lunch, dinner or nice evening out. The outside Patio is a great addition, one of he best patio areas in downtown. Menu is not overcomplicated. Lots of choice. All very dishes very good. Wine list will not blow your mind but terrific choices for all budgets and tastes. Scott's is a go to place for me for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Visited when there were several Lobster menu specials. Had the Lobster paella. Best tasting deal in town!
- Scotts SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/11/2014The Food was great. The service was outstanding. Very HappySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corp DinnerdinsmkDined on 8/11/2014We had our president in town and had 13 for dinner. The Appetizer were all fried and oily, the food wasn't seasoned well but the portions were good. The deserts we not good at all. The apple crisp was dry and grainy. When I got home I had to take tums to settle my stomach from this dinner. Wasn't good and we won't be going back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful dining experienceJenypurrDined on 8/11/2014My food preference was not in the menu. I wanted surf and turf and the chef arranged my special meal in an instant. The steak was mouth-watering cooked to perfection and the lobster tail was moist and succulent. Impeccable service. They have very good wine list selection. I am definitely not a wine connoisseur but the Chardonnay I ordered was smooth, chilled and nicely paired with my lunch selection. I will definitely come back for more.Special Features:
- Dinner at Scott'sLwphoenixDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Scott's many times and are rarely disappointed. Tonight was no exception. The staff was excellent, the food, everything. The one small issue was that it was chilly inside. So, being a nice evening and they have a nice patio, we moved outside. The staff handled the move perfectly. Mark the maître de and Scott our waiter were great!Special Features:
- Great lobster, and waived corkageDanFrancisDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I ate at Scott's in San Jose earlier this week and had their Maine lobster. The lobster was prepared perfectly and tasted wonderful. We brought a bottle of wine to drink with dinner and they waived their normal corkage charge for us as a courtesy, which we appreciated. I would recommend Scott's for anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:
- Slow Service Nothing special FoodsjdiningreviewsDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was very inattentive. Very slow service even though it wasn't busy. Did even ask us if we wanted coffee or Dissert. Just brought the check. Took an 1 hour and 20 minutes to have a two course meal. The food was fresh but boring. Ho hum...nothing special. Outdated menu.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Service was awful and I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great placeOotfoodsDined on 7/26/2014Scott's is a great place with fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eleg/rom/ancemajorbudletDined on 7/24/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the rooftop dining ambiance. I wanted a romantic, elegant night out with my girlfriend. We don't get many chances and I like to make it count. This restaurant made it happen - soft jazz music, great scene, good food. Plus right by the City National Civic which is where we were going for our event. She'll love you. Go for it.Special Features:
- aTXNinCADined on 7/20/2014Service was good. Food was not what I expected. Better at Jack London SquareSpecial Features: