Scott's Seafood - San Jose
185 Park Ave.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodsj.com/
- Phone: 4089711700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm – 9:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm – 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room
A word from Scott's Seafood - San Jose
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition in the heart of downtown San Jose. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. Enjoy views of San Jose and the surrounding hills of Silicon Valley from the sixth floor. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Scott's Seafood - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Scott's Seafood - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)great for outdoor dining (68)special occasion (60)romantic (41)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- Huge DisappointmentScottTDined on 8/21/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday. Arrived 10 min early for 7PM on-line reservation with request for patio. at 8:00, still no seat. Hostess useless and often not locatable. No ability to move along diners who had checks delivered to table 30 minutes or longer. Sat inside; terrible service. Brought drinks to table from bar ourselves. Waiter: Can we get you a cocktail or glass of wine? Uhh, they are right in from of us already ! Clam appetizer sandy, all agreed Oysters Rockefellers worst we ever had and ate only 1 each, main meal: trout was very good, others just ok. Wait service very poor, manager had to clear off all the empty dishes from appetizers. Manager comped several things to make up for problems. Staff needs training. Will not return.
- Seafood in San JoseCA95112Dined on 8/19/2014Always good, Scott's is great for a business lunch, dinner or nice evening out. The outside Patio is a great addition, one of he best patio areas in downtown. Menu is not overcomplicated. Lots of choice. All very dishes very good. Wine list will not blow your mind but terrific choices for all budgets and tastes. Scott's is a go to place for me for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Visited when there were several Lobster menu specials. Had the Lobster paella. Best tasting deal in town!
- Scotts SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/11/2014The Food was great. The service was outstanding. Very HappySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corp DinnerdinsmkDined on 8/11/2014We had our president in town and had 13 for dinner. The Appetizer were all fried and oily, the food wasn't seasoned well but the portions were good. The deserts we not good at all. The apple crisp was dry and grainy. When I got home I had to take tums to settle my stomach from this dinner. Wasn't good and we won't be going back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful dining experienceJenypurrDined on 8/11/2014My food preference was not in the menu. I wanted surf and turf and the chef arranged my special meal in an instant. The steak was mouth-watering cooked to perfection and the lobster tail was moist and succulent. Impeccable service. They have very good wine list selection. I am definitely not a wine connoisseur but the Chardonnay I ordered was smooth, chilled and nicely paired with my lunch selection. I will definitely come back for more.Special Features:
- Dinner at Scott'sLwphoenixDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Scott's many times and are rarely disappointed. Tonight was no exception. The staff was excellent, the food, everything. The one small issue was that it was chilly inside. So, being a nice evening and they have a nice patio, we moved outside. The staff handled the move perfectly. Mark the maître de and Scott our waiter were great!Special Features:
- Great lobster, and waived corkageDanFrancisDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I ate at Scott's in San Jose earlier this week and had their Maine lobster. The lobster was prepared perfectly and tasted wonderful. We brought a bottle of wine to drink with dinner and they waived their normal corkage charge for us as a courtesy, which we appreciated. I would recommend Scott's for anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:
- Slow Service Nothing special FoodsjdiningreviewsDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was very inattentive. Very slow service even though it wasn't busy. Did even ask us if we wanted coffee or Dissert. Just brought the check. Took an 1 hour and 20 minutes to have a two course meal. The food was fresh but boring. Ho hum...nothing special. Outdated menu.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Service was awful and I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great placeOotfoodsDined on 7/26/2014Scott's is a great place with fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eleg/rom/ancemajorbudletDined on 7/24/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the rooftop dining ambiance. I wanted a romantic, elegant night out with my girlfriend. We don't get many chances and I like to make it count. This restaurant made it happen - soft jazz music, great scene, good food. Plus right by the City National Civic which is where we were going for our event. She'll love you. Go for it.Special Features:
- aTXNinCADined on 7/20/2014Service was good. Food was not what I expected. Better at Jack London SquareSpecial Features:
- Excellent SeaFoodIluvValueDined on 7/19/2014Short wait for Table bu Food and Service was great Loved outdoor patio and the live music was great Scott's specialties dishes were excellent I loved the Trout For Quality of Food and Location this was a good ValueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePineappleDined on 7/19/2014On Previous occasions we were able to get served in time to make the 8:00 performance at the local Theater- this visit 7-19 we barely made it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereLappy95070Dined on 7/18/2014Dining at Scott's is always a pleasure. Food is well prepared and the portions leave you full. The view at the downtown location is sti one of the best in San Jose. For us it was so convenient to walk to the CPA theatre after for a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbbunchDined on 7/18/2014Great food and service! Our waiter, Scott always give us great service and goes the extra mile to make our visit relaxing and pleasant as well as gets us out on time for our event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SalmonEdspot11Dined on 7/17/2014The food excellent. They provided validated parking and some especially when planned to watch Jersey Boys afterwards at SJ Civic Ctr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheaterbound4Dined on 7/16/2014After waiting 45 minutes for our meals, I asked our waiter to check on our food. He came back and told us that they were out of chicken. The two people at our table who had ordered chicken had to re-order. This left us in a position to have to wolf down our food to make it to the theater in time. We will try a different restaurant next theater night.
- Great Family DiningJohnDined on 7/16/2014Great food, great wine list, good time for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Really enjoyed sitting at our table on the patio and eating our wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Fine fish fareOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We hadn't eaten at a Scott's Seafood for years - the fish is still excellent. My husband had swordfish and I had salmon on arugula - both perfectly done and nicely presented; also lovely desserts. The San Jose restaurant is on the top floor of a an office building and there is a deck (too cold that night for us) and a views in the dining room, but the general ambiance is that of an airport lounge, devoid of any personality. Our server was very nice, attentive and helpful. My husband was overjoyed when, after ordering a Booker's bourbon post-dinner, he was brought a martini glass filled to the brim - it was an odd glass and a very large serving, but he didn't complain and happily savored it all.Special Features:
- Great choice!ChikindVIPDined on 7/7/2014Stumbled upon Scott's while searching restaurants near my hotel so didn't expect too much. I was greatly surprised. The outdoor patio is beautiful (music is a bit too loud) with a beautiful view of the sunset and surrounding mountains on a perfect summer evening. Food was fresh, well prepared and very reasonably priced for its quality and quantity. Dessert was the only disappointment so I would stick with food. I've never found too many good choices right in San Jose, but glad to know there's a great option for my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view downtownMbirdDined on 7/6/2014You can see the hills on both sides of the valley from Scott's and the parking is a breeze since they're at the top of a parking garage. A pleasant place for lunch with lots of delicious seafood salads and their trademark delicius clam chowder - good wine list too.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Jimmy our server was very kind and considerate of my gluten allergy and very prompt. The view was gorgeous and the wine list had a nice selection. There was a chatty Cathy sitting near our table but thankfully her life story she told to her dinner mates (during their entire meal) was interesting so it added humor to the conversations with my fiance. Overall a wonderful birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We tried out Scott's during Dine Downtown San Jose week, and tried out the whole menu. Our favorite entree out of the rainbow trout, chicken breast, sustainable salmon, and the clam linguini was definitely the salmon followed by the linguini. Out of the two appetizers (clam chowder and butter salad), the chowder stood out more as the salad was nothing too remarkable. However, out of the two desserts (bread pudding and molten chocolate cake), the bread pudding was by far the best thing of the nut. I'm not too much of a fan of dark chocolate, so the molten chocolate cake threw me off a bit. Service was great, but they seemed pretty hasty to take our dishes away. Had to stop them a few times from taking food that wasn't done!Special Features:
- Dine Downtown Visitlilyle84Dined on 6/28/2014half dozen fresh oysters - very good, fresh and tasty - would order again boston clam chowder - very good, bacon touch was very nice - would order again butter lettuce salad - a little heavy on the dressing for my taste but overall it was nicely dressed and bit on the sweeter side potato crusted halibut - the bell pepper sauce made the dish linguini and clams - overcooked pasta, undercooked clams - I love vongole and this dish made me sad bread pudding - unevenly cooked and hard - naglee garage bread pudding is better My overall impression is: decent restaurant but pricey, come for the ambiance or patio seating, old-school classy feel.Special Features:
- great outdoor dining & musicSuzyDined on 6/28/2014Overall nice restaurant, they had a great band on a Saturday night (Diminshed Blue who plays there periodically)...they played on terrace. Had excellent service, overall very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's favornowIdineDined on 6/27/2014I don't often dine out, restaurant week seemed perfect opportunity to experiment. Everyone from the hostess to our waiter was so friendly. My grand nephew is 12 years old was with my sister and me. The food was great, my martini was excellent. My sister enjoyed the soft drink Tiger Woods. Our desserts were excellent. Our main course of the meal presented well, was satisfying and tasty, we ordered from the restaurant week menu. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour is great!MarkDined on 6/26/2014One of our favorite places in downtown San Jose. Patio is very nice in summer. Happy hour menu is a tremendous value.Special Features:
- nice decor, but food too saltyDowntownWorkerDined on 6/24/2014The inside of Scott's is beautiful, the roof patio is a nice getaway. But my blackened red snapper was way too salty. If I go again, I'll try the Jambalaya which was served in an iron skillet and looked delicious. I like Scott's desserts, the bread pudding being absolutely sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had our Anniversary dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014We hadn't been in a while to Scott's and forgot how really good the food is. We've been before and were impressed, but now as I've been more places, I've come to recognize really good food. Scott's is one of the really great ones. There were some many things on the menu I wanted to try, but settled on the Sauteed scallop dish. Just really good, and the portions were just right. The dish was well presented and finished nicely. For dessert, I had the Creme Brulee and it was just great. The service was great as well. We didn't need a lot of help, but could see our waiter was willing to suggest items if I wasn't sure. The cost was reasonable, and as I say, I'm willing to pay more for good food and great service. We managed to get both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2014Good downtown San Jose restaurant without too much variety but good quality seafood.Special Features:
- Father's Day dinnerjlcmcdDined on 6/15/2014We had our Father's Day dinner at Scott's and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Our waitress was fabulous and always on top of our requests.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We dined on the patio and listened to a great 3 piece band, danced a little and thoroughly enjoyed the evening - hidden gem in SJ...who knew?? Food was Fab....awesome wine list...Cannot go wrong..Special Features:
- Nice evening with the familyJuggynutDined on 6/10/2014Overall very nice experience. All of the food was very good. Very good service.Special Features:
- Loved it!JillVIPDined on 6/8/2014Haven't been to Scott's for years but had an event in downtown San Jose on Sunday. So glad we went to Scott's! The food was delicious - very fresh fish and the service was great. Happy to see it hasn't lost it's edge, even after all these years. My husband - a native San Franciscan - was VERY impressed!Special Features:
- foodieDined on 6/6/2014Very tasty food with a wonderful ambience. The service was very slow but our waiter was charming. Had to wait ten minutes for our drinks and it was not busy at 5:30 PM. This did not take away from the enjoyment of the evening. I love this place.Special Features:
- Excellent diningchipshotVIPDined on 6/4/2014Excellent outdoor dining experience - terrific wine list and very fresh seafood. The cold appetizer platter was excellent as were the entree's. Service was efficient and friendly. I would recommend Scott's to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Dinner before a PlayscottstoplayDined on 6/1/2014A very pleasant experience for dinner. Fish dishes were excellent. Great service and food was served at the right timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.