Scott's Seafood - San Jose
185 Park Ave.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodsj.com/
- Phone: 4089711700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm – 9:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm – 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room
A word from Scott's Seafood - San Jose
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition in the heart of downtown San Jose. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. Enjoy views of San Jose and the surrounding hills of Silicon Valley from the sixth floor. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Scott's Seafood - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Scott's Seafood - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (75)special occasion (67)good for groups (50)romantic (43)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)Show More
- Enough, wont return againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014We have tried Scott's Seafood enough times and this is the last time for sure. The food were never good, nothing outstanding. Limited seafood items for a seafood restaurant. The waitress was a pretty young lady but she was not pretty when she placed the glasses, plates on the wooden table. we heard a "bang" each time she placed something on the table.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful evening at Scott's Seafood. We were able to get a table on the patio, which has beautiful views of the San Jose's skyline. If you get chilly, there are regular heaters, as well as a lovely fireplace which warmed everyone up nicely. My meal was just delicious. I had the mushroom ravioli in a cream sauce, topped with asparagus, fresh mushrooms and prawns. Yum. My husband enjoyed his seafood salad, too. Our server was so efficient that we had time before our concert for desert (hot fudge sunday for me and cheesecake for my husband), along with really nice espresso for both of us. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delicious meal in a romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Opera treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I really enjoyed the Jambalaya. The wine was excellent, a Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay.Special Features:
- Roof-top dining with characterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was an excellent choice for a pre-show dinner. Attentive service and excellent seafood. Crab cake, shrimp and calamari sampler platter came with tasty dips. Portions large, and the waiter kindly mentioned this so we did not order extra or too much. Good wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the play2womenDined on 9/13/2014My daughter and I saw Wicked in the afternoon and walked to Scott's afterward. We were early for our reservation and chose to sit at the bar first. The barman appeared busy but was friendly and attentive. We asked to be seated, still early, and it was no problem. The view was fabulous and the wrapped shrimp appetizer with dip was very tasty. Next, we tried the soups. The French Onion was hot and delicious. I ordered halibut and my daughter had the ahi tuna which she liked but couldn't finish. We liked the food. It was hot, and tasted great. We will come back again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening dinner evaluationFred101Dined on 9/13/2014Convinent parking, friendly, accomodative,and outstanding service. Excellent menu with high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the theaterMikeDined on 9/10/2014Had a great window table. Our waiter was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewHunt4NotableDined on 9/9/2014The service was good and the environment was good however, the food was disappointing when compared to my previous experience with another Scott's Seafood location. The seafood was not as fresh as I had hoped and the quality of the preparation was consistently off in flavor.Special Features:
- Good as usualmeeeDined on 9/6/2014This is one of our favorite downtown restaurants. The food and service is always very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food, needs better serviceLatincaligurlDined on 9/4/2014I really hate when i go to a restaurant and I have to hunt down my server. Be attentive to your tables. Otherwise the food was amazing and the band was an added bonus! Who doesn't love dinner on a rooftop at sunset with live jazz playing. superb!Special Features:
- Excellent evening at ScottsFamilyfunDined on 8/31/2014We had an excellent evening, good food, good fun and great views. The service was a little lean as I think the crew was understaffed that evening but all in all it was a great night. Thank you!Special Features:
- DickDined on 8/30/2014Always great food and service. Close to Center for the Performing Arts (theater).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showSeafoodloverDined on 8/30/2014Love coming here before going to a show at the Performing Arts Center. It's so easy to fill up on food at Scott's, but avoid the food coma or you'll fall asleep during the evening show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysSanjosedinerDined on 8/27/2014I've been coming to Scott's for 20 years and they never disappoint me. Delicious seafood (I had their sole petrale), excellent service, nice view and altogether a perfect place to go eat before theater (went there before "Wicked").Special Features:
- Huge DisappointmentScottTDined on 8/21/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday. Arrived 10 min early for 7PM on-line reservation with request for patio. at 8:00, still no seat. Hostess useless and often not locatable. No ability to move along diners who had checks delivered to table 30 minutes or longer. Sat inside; terrible service. Brought drinks to table from bar ourselves. Waiter: Can we get you a cocktail or glass of wine? Uhh, they are right in from of us already ! Clam appetizer sandy, all agreed Oysters Rockefellers worst we ever had and ate only 1 each, main meal: trout was very good, others just ok. Wait service very poor, manager had to clear off all the empty dishes from appetizers. Manager comped several things to make up for problems. Staff needs training. Will not return.
- Seafood in San JoseCA95112Dined on 8/19/2014Always good, Scott's is great for a business lunch, dinner or nice evening out. The outside Patio is a great addition, one of he best patio areas in downtown. Menu is not overcomplicated. Lots of choice. All very dishes very good. Wine list will not blow your mind but terrific choices for all budgets and tastes. Scott's is a go to place for me for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Visited when there were several Lobster menu specials. Had the Lobster paella. Best tasting deal in town!
- Scotts SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/11/2014The Food was great. The service was outstanding. Very HappySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corp DinnerdinsmkDined on 8/11/2014We had our president in town and had 13 for dinner. The Appetizer were all fried and oily, the food wasn't seasoned well but the portions were good. The deserts we not good at all. The apple crisp was dry and grainy. When I got home I had to take tums to settle my stomach from this dinner. Wasn't good and we won't be going back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful dining experienceJenypurrDined on 8/11/2014My food preference was not in the menu. I wanted surf and turf and the chef arranged my special meal in an instant. The steak was mouth-watering cooked to perfection and the lobster tail was moist and succulent. Impeccable service. They have very good wine list selection. I am definitely not a wine connoisseur but the Chardonnay I ordered was smooth, chilled and nicely paired with my lunch selection. I will definitely come back for more.Special Features:
- Dinner at Scott'sLwphoenixDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Scott's many times and are rarely disappointed. Tonight was no exception. The staff was excellent, the food, everything. The one small issue was that it was chilly inside. So, being a nice evening and they have a nice patio, we moved outside. The staff handled the move perfectly. Mark the maître de and Scott our waiter were great!Special Features:
- Great lobster, and waived corkageDanFrancisDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I ate at Scott's in San Jose earlier this week and had their Maine lobster. The lobster was prepared perfectly and tasted wonderful. We brought a bottle of wine to drink with dinner and they waived their normal corkage charge for us as a courtesy, which we appreciated. I would recommend Scott's for anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:
- Slow Service Nothing special FoodsjdiningreviewsDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was very inattentive. Very slow service even though it wasn't busy. Did even ask us if we wanted coffee or Dissert. Just brought the check. Took an 1 hour and 20 minutes to have a two course meal. The food was fresh but boring. Ho hum...nothing special. Outdated menu.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Service was awful and I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great placeOotfoodsDined on 7/26/2014Scott's is a great place with fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eleg/rom/ancemajorbudletDined on 7/24/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the rooftop dining ambiance. I wanted a romantic, elegant night out with my girlfriend. We don't get many chances and I like to make it count. This restaurant made it happen - soft jazz music, great scene, good food. Plus right by the City National Civic which is where we were going for our event. She'll love you. Go for it.Special Features:
- aTXNinCADined on 7/20/2014Service was good. Food was not what I expected. Better at Jack London SquareSpecial Features:
- Excellent SeaFoodIluvValueDined on 7/19/2014Short wait for Table bu Food and Service was great Loved outdoor patio and the live music was great Scott's specialties dishes were excellent I loved the Trout For Quality of Food and Location this was a good ValueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePineappleDined on 7/19/2014On Previous occasions we were able to get served in time to make the 8:00 performance at the local Theater- this visit 7-19 we barely made it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereLappy95070Dined on 7/18/2014Dining at Scott's is always a pleasure. Food is well prepared and the portions leave you full. The view at the downtown location is sti one of the best in San Jose. For us it was so convenient to walk to the CPA theatre after for a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbbunchDined on 7/18/2014Great food and service! Our waiter, Scott always give us great service and goes the extra mile to make our visit relaxing and pleasant as well as gets us out on time for our event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SalmonEdspot11Dined on 7/17/2014The food excellent. They provided validated parking and some especially when planned to watch Jersey Boys afterwards at SJ Civic Ctr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheaterbound4Dined on 7/16/2014After waiting 45 minutes for our meals, I asked our waiter to check on our food. He came back and told us that they were out of chicken. The two people at our table who had ordered chicken had to re-order. This left us in a position to have to wolf down our food to make it to the theater in time. We will try a different restaurant next theater night.
- Great Family DiningJohnDined on 7/16/2014Great food, great wine list, good time for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food / nice locationOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/14/2014Great for good food in a quiet location. We got to Scott's at about 7pm on a weeknight and the place was empty. Great service!Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Really enjoyed sitting at our table on the patio and eating our wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Fine fish fareOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We hadn't eaten at a Scott's Seafood for years - the fish is still excellent. My husband had swordfish and I had salmon on arugula - both perfectly done and nicely presented; also lovely desserts. The San Jose restaurant is on the top floor of a an office building and there is a deck (too cold that night for us) and a views in the dining room, but the general ambiance is that of an airport lounge, devoid of any personality. Our server was very nice, attentive and helpful. My husband was overjoyed when, after ordering a Booker's bourbon post-dinner, he was brought a martini glass filled to the brim - it was an odd glass and a very large serving, but he didn't complain and happily savored it all.Special Features:
- Great choice!ChikindVIPDined on 7/7/2014Stumbled upon Scott's while searching restaurants near my hotel so didn't expect too much. I was greatly surprised. The outdoor patio is beautiful (music is a bit too loud) with a beautiful view of the sunset and surrounding mountains on a perfect summer evening. Food was fresh, well prepared and very reasonably priced for its quality and quantity. Dessert was the only disappointment so I would stick with food. I've never found too many good choices right in San Jose, but glad to know there's a great option for my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view downtownMbirdDined on 7/6/2014You can see the hills on both sides of the valley from Scott's and the parking is a breeze since they're at the top of a parking garage. A pleasant place for lunch with lots of delicious seafood salads and their trademark delicius clam chowder - good wine list too.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Jimmy our server was very kind and considerate of my gluten allergy and very prompt. The view was gorgeous and the wine list had a nice selection. There was a chatty Cathy sitting near our table but thankfully her life story she told to her dinner mates (during their entire meal) was interesting so it added humor to the conversations with my fiance. Overall a wonderful birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.