Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
855 El Camino Real
Building #1 Town & Country Village Center
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodpa.com/
- Phone: (650) 323-1555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 9:00am-3:00pm; Lunch: Mon-Fri: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sun-Mon: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Tues-Sat: 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: German Nava
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Friday nights 6-9 pm
A word from Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (29)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Well worth a visit!MelloBVIPDined on 11/8/2014I was looking for a restaurant in Palo Alto, at the last minute, on a Saturday night - so options were somewhat limited. I'm really happy to have found Scott's and will definitely return. The location is convenient to Stanford's campus, parking is easy, the restaurant is large and comfortable with lots of booth seating and the food was very good. Not a destination restaurant, perhaps, but I can see Scott's becoming a very reliable standard, with a menu large enough to please everyone with well prepared food, good service and a warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Perfect!CordonMeDined on 11/6/2014Admittedly, I've had a strong negative bias towards Scott's for over 30 years due to a horrible experience and table-side argument at Scott's original Palo Alto location. Never wanted to return. We dined there Thursday night and it was perfect! Wanted a vegan-friendly tofu stir-fry with out oil; got it, and perfectly done. Mine was pepper-crusted ahi with wasabi mashed potatoes; absolutely on target. Half-order fried calamari, on point with delectable sauce. Bias overcome; will definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Still the best for seafoodGordonVIPDined on 11/6/2014Scott's never disappoints. Even though we were 15 minutes late for our reservation on very busy evening, the maitre d' still found us a quiet, romantic table away from the kitchen area. The food was excellent, as always, made just to our order and the waiters were very attentive. Note that the Mountain View location has closed, but the Palo Alto location continues to thrive.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodChrisPDined on 11/2/2014Really love the big booths and open feeling. Last night service was slow but this isn't usually a problem. Food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/1/2014Always consistently excellent service, food and atmosphere suited for quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefoodsfunDined on 10/26/2014Our server Ricardo was great. Sunday evening, full but not crowed or over packed. The bar area had the Giants game on so I could follow the score. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCeciDined on 10/23/2014Our food was very good and service was great. Not many wines to choose from.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed wonderful ladies lunch at Scotts Seafood with my two sisters! Seafood and our entrees were very fresh, beautifully presented and service was excellent. Only thing is restaurant is located in very busy strip mall with nice shops...parking was challenging, but well worth the wait! Thank you!Special Features:
- Quiet place for group lunchcmrwcDined on 10/22/2014Excellent for a business group lunch where it is quiet enough that we can hear each other talk. There's food that all enjoy, good service, and the price doesn't break the bank. We are likely to keep returning here for our periodic lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's Seafood in Palo AltoMaryDined on 10/20/2014Had an excellent dinner here recently - went another day back for lunch. Lunch was very good, but not at the high level that we experienced at dinner. This is more of an observation than a complaint. Service is friendly and spot on. Nice place, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Reliably good seafoodGordonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Scott's is a can't miss venue for good seafood, cooked precisely to your order and served well. I haven't yet been able to duplicate at home their San Francisco Sourdough bread, which accompanies every meal.
- DisappointedFoodieteryDined on 10/5/2014I was disappointed with the menu selections. The jambalaya was okay, too spicy for me. Seafood linguini was nothing special. It would have been nice to have the option for a white sauce rather than red. The green salad was a bit limp, not much flavor. The appetizers were good. And the dessert was also good. I don't think I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone. But the service was excellent.
- Just OK; not excitingFoodWallahDined on 10/3/2014Best if you stick to basics, like grilled fish and fish and chips. I had the daily special -- salmon stuffed with crabmeat, served with polenta -- which was just fair. (Very little crabmeat in the dish, and the salmon was overcooked and under-seasoned.) My companion's sauteed petrale sole was better. Their fish and chips, which I've had often, are very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Visitluv2eatDined on 9/29/2014The staff was extremely accommodating for a larger group celebrating my wife's birthday. It was a Monday night, so the restaurant was relatively quiet. Generally, everything was great... until the food arrived. Our favorite dish is the Ahi tuna, so that's what we ordered. Unfortunately, the Ahi was horrible on this visit. The Ahi is supposed to be seared. Instead, it was completely cold (still frozen?) on the inside, and not even browned on the outside. It was a slab of cold, raw, red tuna, as if someone had simply defrosted it and transferred it directly to a plate. Perhaps the Monday chef is still in training? I still love this place and am willing to give it another chance. But I was extremely disappointed this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/29/2014We never fail to have a delicious, pleasant meal at Scotts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some worklxticsVIPDined on 9/28/2014This would be a really pleasant place if the wait staff were a little better trained and if the kitchen would pay more attention to details. It shouldn't be hard to get water with no ice and no lemon; wait staff should not bark "Are you still working on that?" when patrons are enjoying a leisurely meal, not "working" — and there are plenty of empty tables. If the kitchen thinks they have to sprinkle raw chopped garlic on an already well-seasoned dish, make sure it's very fresh. Aging garlic tastes acrid, bitter. Gilroy isn't that far away!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Celebrated my daughter's 20th birthday and my husband's 55th. EXCELLENT from the minute we walked in the door until the moment we left. Staff, food, atmosphere was awesome. The almond crusted sea bass, linguini, filet and scallops were amazing! I shall return!Special Features:
- Dinner and the Giants gameStanfordFanVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband was thrilled that we could sit in the bar for dinner and watch the Giants play. We had the petrale sole special stuffed with crab and thought it was delicious. I enjoyed the Brussels sprouts appetizer.Special Features:
- VikkiDined on 9/12/2014We came here as a last minute decision and got a reservation on OpenTable for 15 minutes after I logged on. As usual, the food was great and what started out as "Let's grab some dinner" turned into a very nice dinner date. Thanks to both Scott's and OpenTable for a great night.Special Features:
- Great foodHappydinerDined on 9/7/2014Good food and value with today's special. Service was great.Special Features:
- Consistent and goodrodcDined on 9/7/2014We hadnt been back for a while, not for any particular reason, just busy. We went there for Grandparents Day and all thoroughly enjoyed not only the food, but the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousHJMPDRDined on 9/6/2014We travel to Palo Alto every two years and dining at Scott's is always part of our trip. The seafood is always delicious! We definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Pretty decent but not fabulousDiscriminatingpalateDined on 9/5/2014Oysters were fresh, mignonette sauce was too strong/dark; steak for my son was not great. Very fatty and flavor was flat. Vegetables were cooked just as we asked and special orders were honored perfectly. Server was nice and polite and timing was good. Glass of pinot noir was fair -- not as good as billed. We decided to skip deserts -- looked too standard. Overall, a perfectly fine place to eat dinner -- pleasant, on time, clean, and reasonably well-cooked food that was fresh. Just nothing extraordinary.
- Delicious Lunchfoodies4everVIPDined on 9/2/2014Seated immediately at a booth. Thoroughly enjoyed our drinks and lucy entrees. Scotts has a great variety to choose from. Recommend Scotts for a great lunch!Special Features:
- just so soredheadDined on 8/29/2014Unfortunately this time my lunch was just so so. Service was impersonal, food OK but green beans barely cooked and too hard to eat. I like them crisp but they were hard. Overall nothing special! I've been there for dinner before and it was better then but that was a while ago.Special Features:
- Very good seafoodsmorrDined on 8/26/2014We've eaten at Scott's a number of times and generally like it. Their seafood entrees tend to be very good, especially the Blackened Snapper. Disappointed in their desserts. Chocolate souffle was good, but the Key Lime pie was extremely sweet and the chocolate brioche pudding was ok, but nothing special. My cocktail (Orange Cosmpolitan) was so strong it was undrinkable. (Three of us tasted it and all agreed.) The waiter took it back to be adjusted, but even it still wasn't that great.
- average brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time for brunch, and the food and service was very average. We were a party of 10, and the best thing was that we were seated in the room in the back. It was very private. But it felt like the waiter forgot about us and we had to keep flagging him down. Eggs and potatoes weren't seasoned. Fries were soggy. Best item was the biscuits.Special Features:
- Nice ambience but food not greatCloeyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We ate here on a Saturday night. The fit out and general atmosphere of the restaurant is nice and comfortable. The mostly older clientele didn't seem to mind that we brought 2 young children. The food however was not great. The shared seafood appetizer was mostly battered and fried, which is unhealthy and destroys the flavour of the prawns and calamari. Our entrees came swimming in a white sauce with way too much curry powder in it. The strong flavour of the curry powder (which incidentally I've never had in a fish sauce before?) totally overwhelmed the sea bass and rainbow trout. The fish itself was overcooked and dry. So whilst we liked the ambience we won't be back. We love seafood but can cook it better at home at half the price.Special Features:
- Underwhelming and overcooked fishrgmindianVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been to Scotts in Costa Mesa many times, always a reat experience, especially the food. When I needed a place to dine in Palo Alto and found Scotts, I was excited. Upon entering the restaurant, I was ignored by the hostess while several customers whom she knew passed in front of me and were seated. Not a good experience, then the waitress was OK but not really attentive, just coming round to take orders. The salad was actually good except they drowned it in dressing, I don't want my calories from too much dressing. The sea bass was over cooked an pretty much had no flavor, although it was crusted in almonds. Didn't bother with desert or drinks, I ahve had enough an high prices for bad food.
- dchellDined on 8/17/2014I heard brunch was good, but the menu is limited and no buffet. I ordered a frittata and it was served cold. Nothing spectacular and I could have made something better. The restaurant seems data with carpet that needs replacing (we were in a private room). Servers were okay.Special Features:
- the waiter was the bestLiluSatoriDined on 8/17/2014every time the food is great, staff great and table comfortable. parking easySpecial Features:
- Scott's Palo AltoSFexpatDined on 8/8/2014Scott's Bay Area goes back at least 40 years, and Scott's Town and Country reflects that. It's old, stogey, indifferent. The food is still pretty good - but not great, and the staff acts as if it really doesn't care whether you are there or not. It's really an overall C+ dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lie to me!MsLifeIsBeautifulDined on 8/1/2014All was great, love love, love this food! The Vietnamese Salmon sandwich was delish and very unique.Special Features:
- disappointedDiner3VIPDined on 7/31/2014The crab cakes were the worst I have ever had from coat to coast. They were more like a crab pancake (or patty) on very bitter slaw.Special Features:
- Another good meal at ScottsReneeSVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our meal at Scotts was very good. There is a consistency at Scotts that we enjoy and it keeps us coming back. You can count on fresh seafood, well prepared, and well presented. This meal held up to this standard. The service was excellent, the food was good, and we enjoyed our meal and our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Lunch at Scott's was awesome. The clam chowder was full of clams and delightful. The sourdough bread was very fresh. And the sandabs - a local specialty - out of this world. Will definately go back againSpecial Features:
- Pricey and AverageOldercoupleDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant was good in all respects but nothing special, particularly at the relatively high prices they charge. We were there early after a concert at Stanford and had picked the place because I saw a lobster special advertised in the paper. It turned out that the lobster was only at another of their restaurants. It seems that although this is somewhat of a chain, each restaurant has different menus so you need to look at the specific one. All in all nothing bad but nothing better than OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but a little warm...USSMidwayDined on 7/25/2014We were seated in a corner booth on a recent evening and the A/C was laboring to cool the room. It was during one of our periodic heat-waves and one of the reasons we were out to dinner as a family was to find a cool restaurant so we could chill. I realize there may only be a handful of days each year when this is a problem, but on a really hot day, I suggest you consider this. Otherwise the food was great and service was OK. (I ordered a beer I never got, even though it was on the bill.)Special Features:
- The following 655 reviews are from the Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto reviews archive.
- shirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014as always, we were not disappointed. scott's in palo alto always excels in every way.Special Features:
- Super!abc123Dined on 7/18/2014Very fresh fish. Good food portions. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.