Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
855 El Camino Real
Building #1 Town & Country Village Center
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodpa.com/
- Phone: 6503231555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 9:00am-3:00pm; Lunch: Mon-Fri: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sun-Mon: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Tues-Sat: 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: German Nava
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Friday nights 6-9 pm
A word from Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- VikkiDined on 9/12/2014We came here as a last minute decision and got a reservation on OpenTable for 15 minutes after I logged on. As usual, the food was great and what started out as "Let's grab some dinner" turned into a very nice dinner date. Thanks to both Scott's and OpenTable for a great night.Special Features:
- Great foodHappydinerDined on 9/7/2014Good food and value with today's special. Service was great.Special Features:
- Consistent and goodrodcDined on 9/7/2014We hadnt been back for a while, not for any particular reason, just busy. We went there for Grandparents Day and all thoroughly enjoyed not only the food, but the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousHJMPDRDined on 9/6/2014We travel to Palo Alto every two years and dining at Scott's is always part of our trip. The seafood is always delicious! We definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Pretty decent but not fabulousDiscriminatingpalateDined on 9/5/2014Oysters were fresh, mignonette sauce was too strong/dark; steak for my son was not great. Very fatty and flavor was flat. Vegetables were cooked just as we asked and special orders were honored perfectly. Server was nice and polite and timing was good. Glass of pinot noir was fair -- not as good as billed. We decided to skip deserts -- looked too standard. Overall, a perfectly fine place to eat dinner -- pleasant, on time, clean, and reasonably well-cooked food that was fresh. Just nothing extraordinary.
- Delicious Lunchfoodies4everVIPDined on 9/2/2014Seated immediately at a booth. Thoroughly enjoyed our drinks and lucy entrees. Scotts has a great variety to choose from. Recommend Scotts for a great lunch!Special Features:
- just so soredheadDined on 8/29/2014Unfortunately this time my lunch was just so so. Service was impersonal, food OK but green beans barely cooked and too hard to eat. I like them crisp but they were hard. Overall nothing special! I've been there for dinner before and it was better then but that was a while ago.Special Features:
- Very good seafoodsmorrDined on 8/26/2014We've eaten at Scott's a number of times and generally like it. Their seafood entrees tend to be very good, especially the Blackened Snapper. Disappointed in their desserts. Chocolate souffle was good, but the Key Lime pie was extremely sweet and the chocolate brioche pudding was ok, but nothing special. My cocktail (Orange Cosmpolitan) was so strong it was undrinkable. (Three of us tasted it and all agreed.) The waiter took it back to be adjusted, but even it still wasn't that great.
- average brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time for brunch, and the food and service was very average. We were a party of 10, and the best thing was that we were seated in the room in the back. It was very private. But it felt like the waiter forgot about us and we had to keep flagging him down. Eggs and potatoes weren't seasoned. Fries were soggy. Best item was the biscuits.Special Features:
- Nice ambience but food not greatCloeyDined on 8/23/2014We ate here on a Saturday night. The fit out and general atmosphere of the restaurant is nice and comfortable. The mostly older clientele didn't seem to mind that we brought 2 young children. The food however was not great. The shared seafood appetizer was mostly battered and fried, which is unhealthy and destroys the flavour of the prawns and calamari. Our entrees came swimming in a white sauce with way too much curry powder in it. The strong flavour of the curry powder (which incidentally I've never had in a fish sauce before?) totally overwhelmed the sea bass and rainbow trout. The fish itself was overcooked and dry. So whilst we liked the ambience we won't be back. We love seafood but can cook it better at home at half the price.Special Features:
- Underwhelming and overcooked fishrgmindianVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been to Scotts in Costa Mesa many times, always a reat experience, especially the food. When I needed a place to dine in Palo Alto and found Scotts, I was excited. Upon entering the restaurant, I was ignored by the hostess while several customers whom she knew passed in front of me and were seated. Not a good experience, then the waitress was OK but not really attentive, just coming round to take orders. The salad was actually good except they drowned it in dressing, I don't want my calories from too much dressing. The sea bass was over cooked an pretty much had no flavor, although it was crusted in almonds. Didn't bother with desert or drinks, I ahve had enough an high prices for bad food.
- dchellDined on 8/17/2014I heard brunch was good, but the menu is limited and no buffet. I ordered a frittata and it was served cold. Nothing spectacular and I could have made something better. The restaurant seems data with carpet that needs replacing (we were in a private room). Servers were okay.Special Features:
- the waiter was the bestLiluSatoriDined on 8/17/2014every time the food is great, staff great and table comfortable. parking easySpecial Features:
- Scott's Palo AltoSFexpatDined on 8/8/2014Scott's Bay Area goes back at least 40 years, and Scott's Town and Country reflects that. It's old, stogey, indifferent. The food is still pretty good - but not great, and the staff acts as if it really doesn't care whether you are there or not. It's really an overall C+ dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lie to me!MsLifeIsBeautifulDined on 8/1/2014All was great, love love, love this food! The Vietnamese Salmon sandwich was delish and very unique.Special Features:
- disappointedDiner3VIPDined on 7/31/2014The crab cakes were the worst I have ever had from coat to coast. They were more like a crab pancake (or patty) on very bitter slaw.Special Features:
- Another good meal at ScottsReneeSVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our meal at Scotts was very good. There is a consistency at Scotts that we enjoy and it keeps us coming back. You can count on fresh seafood, well prepared, and well presented. This meal held up to this standard. The service was excellent, the food was good, and we enjoyed our meal and our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Lunch at Scott's was awesome. The clam chowder was full of clams and delightful. The sourdough bread was very fresh. And the sandabs - a local specialty - out of this world. Will definately go back againSpecial Features:
- Pricey and AverageOldercoupleDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant was good in all respects but nothing special, particularly at the relatively high prices they charge. We were there early after a concert at Stanford and had picked the place because I saw a lobster special advertised in the paper. It turned out that the lobster was only at another of their restaurants. It seems that although this is somewhat of a chain, each restaurant has different menus so you need to look at the specific one. All in all nothing bad but nothing better than OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but a little warm...USSMidwayDined on 7/25/2014We were seated in a corner booth on a recent evening and the A/C was laboring to cool the room. It was during one of our periodic heat-waves and one of the reasons we were out to dinner as a family was to find a cool restaurant so we could chill. I realize there may only be a handful of days each year when this is a problem, but on a really hot day, I suggest you consider this. Otherwise the food was great and service was OK. (I ordered a beer I never got, even though it was on the bill.)Special Features:
- shirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014as always, we were not disappointed. scott's in palo alto always excels in every way.Special Features:
- Super!abc123Dined on 7/18/2014Very fresh fish. Good food portions. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllyVIPDined on 7/16/201410 years ago I meet a date at the Scott's in San Jose and every year for the past 10 years we come and celebrate our first date. We recently got married! We love coming to Scott's Elly & Chris MyersSpecial Features:
- Healthy fooddeepblueprimeDined on 7/7/2014If you want to taste fresh seafood around Palo Alto and not paying too much, this is your place. It has a good quality-price rate. Good and fast service, and healthy food (don't miss the almond halibut). The place was a little bit cold for my standard.
- DisappointingSebastianVIPDined on 6/27/2014My dining companion had a drink at the bar as she waited for me - was told by the bartender that items on the bar menu could be ordered in the dining room. When we tried to order one item from the bar menu, the waiter immediately said no, then insisted on knowing who had given her that information. He went to check, came back and with no hint of an apology that we had been given misinformation, flatly said that bar menu items can't be ordered in the dining room. For the rest of the meal, he was less than friendly and the service was careless, e.g.my friend asked for the uneaten portion of her meal to go, and the box was dumped in front of me. I've eaten at Scott's many times but I doubt that we will be returning.
- NIce Find !!!SooozzzzDined on 6/26/2014My elderly Parents and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Scotts Seafood Restaurant. The food was great and even hot on arrival to the table., the waitress was very helpful, the noise level was moderate and we could hear each other talk....Very much enjoyed by all..... The host was very kind to take my father's walker and let me know where to find it following dinner. We will definitely be going back to Scotts!!!!Special Features:
- Ok seafoodLive4foodDined on 6/25/2014I have been to scotts in San Jose before which is very vibrant and cheerful staff. The server was stiff. With the valley on the rise again like the dotxom days I guess they don't care they are going to get business anyways. So not my first choice there are much better alternatives in PA but my customer wanted seafoodso ended up at Scotts. Uummnnnn probably will only go if there is no other choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!BLTgirlDined on 6/25/2014I was shopping by myself and decided to eat outside for lunch. I was seated outside. Lovely day, cool breeze, fabulous salad! My waiter was very friendly and helpful. My daughter and I went back for dinner. Had a another great experience. Sat inside this time. Totally different experience, but great. Ordered the seafood sautée (waitress said was house specialty) and daughter got a steak. All was wonderful!!! Would recommend both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Taste!NomadDined on 6/25/2014The fish and chips here rival my favorite at A Salt and Battery in Manhattan's West Village. So great knowing that I don't have to hold out till another 3,000 mile trip to satisfy my craving!Special Features:
- Just rightDrumCorpfanDined on 6/21/2014As a dinner experience for special occasions it is just right. Our group was cared for with fast service in a relaxed environment. Food was a notch above. Our server was fast and efficient and it was just what we needed as we were in and out in an hour and on to another activity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJMCSECDined on 6/15/2014My son graduated from Stanford and we wanted close restaurant. I was hesitant at first since I see Scott's as a chain restaurant. Well, we were very impressed. The food was outstanding and no where near a chain style menu or service! My son said his steak was the best he's had at a restaurant. My daughter and I had the Seafood Saute, which was very tasty. It wasn't buttery and had a nice cream/garlic flavor....excellent and plenty of seafood too! My wife had the salmon and she loved it as well. If you want a nice restaurant and not pay the downtown Palo Alto prices, with great food, wine, and service come here. We will be back when in Palo Alto.Special Features:
- Celebrating birthday & Father's DayCaliforniaJimDined on 6/15/2014Party of five, quickly seated and orders taken. Had one misstep, incorrect salad brought for my mother in law but quickly remediated with a new, correct plate being brought. Second time we've been here. Both times we were pleased we had chosen to eat here.Special Features:
- JanetDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed everything except the No Substitutions policy. That seems harsh for such an upscale place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchswimmerDined on 6/14/2014We had lunch on a Saturday and selected from the "Brunch" menu, which was just fine...many choices if one wanted breakfast (eggs, etc) or lunch (salads,, entrees, etc.) We had salads and Minosas. I love sitting in a comfortable booth, which we did, and having a rather quiet environment (no loud music and no screamers)....very nice. We go there often.Special Features:
- YummrsmiceDined on 6/12/2014One of my favorites. I always ask my hubby to take me there for date night. This time I had the salmon special which was over an amazing corn & crab cake. Delicious! We will be back. Hopefully soon.Special Features:
- roseDined on 6/11/2014Have been here before and return because the food is always good and the service as well.Special Features:
- Good food at a good locationUligDined on 6/6/2014We were 3 people having lunch at Scott's in Palo Alto. The food was good, it was quiet and we could have a quiet conversation. The only issue with the place is finding parking in the Town and Country center during lunch hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/3/2014Always dependable, we've never had bad experience at Scotts.Special Features:
- 30th Wedding Anniversary DinnerMWK0624Dined on 5/30/2014Thank you for making our 30th Wedding Anniversary dinner go flawlessly. We both thoroughly enjoyed the whole dining experience. Our waiter was very attentive and congenial, and the food was superb! Our only regret was that we filled up on our appetizers and dinners so we couldn't find room for dessert! Thank you again!Special Features:
- still excellent qualityjpmoirouxDined on 5/23/2014After 6 years out of the US I was happy to come back to Scott's seafood in Pa lo Alto. Everything was great food , quality , wine, service. I will add one point that need to be mentionned: the taste of the raw oisters that I did not appreciate. I have asked not to wash it and to let it be just oppened, but there was no salty taste as this shell grown into the sea should have as usual. May be this is due to the fact that they may let the oister in a non salty water.I do not know the answer.Special Features: