Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
855 El Camino Real
Building #1 Town & Country Village Center
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodpa.com/
- Phone: 6503231555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 9:00am-3:00pm; Lunch: Mon-Fri: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sun-Mon: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Tues-Sat: 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: German Nava
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Friday nights 6-9 pm
A word from Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Work group lunchcmrwcDined on 12/17/2013Weekday lunch for a large group - worked well. Food was very good. It was very pleasant to have the sound level low enough that we could converse.Special Features:
- Holiday Treatspace4twoDined on 12/16/2013Enjoyable experience at venerable local establishment..Seafood is always as fresh as available. Wine by the glass menu could use a strong review and upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Nice AmbienceDaveDined on 12/14/2013We enjoyed our dinner. The clam chowder was outstanding. I had grilled salmon. The presentation was good and the salmon very good. Our waiter was busy but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Crab Fest Menu. ThoroughlyDinDin4meVIPDined on 12/14/2013Love the Crab Fest Menu. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKarenDined on 12/13/2013We find Scott's to be our "go to" place when we want a good meal, excelllent service and the ability to enjoy a nice conversation over lunch or dinner. Always pleasant. The food is consistently good and the service attentive. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Go for the foodDougDined on 12/11/2013Well known Palo Alto restaurant that was once a diner. Wonderful seafood and beef dishes and great service. Casual dining and a small bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest seafood selectionClaudeVIPDined on 12/10/2013Excellent choices of fresh seafood, including sustainable salmon, trout, and many other choices. There is also a good selection of white wines, although they are a little pricey, with a midpoint around $50 (for an admittedly excellent Acacia Chardonnay). The desserts are notable, especially the melts-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé. One nice thing at Scott's is that the tables and booths offer generous amounts of space, so you're not (involuntarily) rubbing elbows with your neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's is a busy place atJaneVIPDined on 12/8/2013Scott's is a busy place at noon on a Sunday. I felt bad for our waiter, who was hustling as fast as he could. There was no way he could ever keep up with all the tables assigned to him, though, even if he were on roller skates. The restaurant was seriously short-handed when we were there, although the food was as good as ever. Two in our group ordered the seafood on a puff pastry special, which was as delicious as it sounded. It came with a flavorful sauce, rice and green beans and a few slivers of bell peppers. My husband throughly enjoyed his grilled prawn Cobb salad, and my aunt raved about her rainbow trout. Our waiter remained upbeat and as helpful as possible, but we experienced long waits for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet spot for good seafoodE2dinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013Went to lunch during busy Saturday at Town and Country village. Scott's is quite reliable and nice quiet spot to get away from noise and frenzy. Had a great chowder, scallop salad. We also had greT fish and chips with snapper. Good service and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2013How can any kitchen make a white wine, butter, and garlic sauté unappealing? These guys managed. Scallops were way too salty, prawns tasted pre-frozen, dungeness crab chunks were one redeemable part of the meal. My husband's salmon dish was not bad, but not good either. Just bland.
- Good experienceBeckyDined on 12/5/2013They have an early bird menu which is really a good deal. Two members of our party arrived very late due to traffic and our waiter was very good about accommodating them even after the rest of us had eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatnlspamVIPDined on 12/1/2013Went there the Sunday after Thanksgiving in a group of five. Food was okay. Service was friendly, but not attentive. They delivered four of five meals, with one of those a salad with "dressing on the side." Getting the fifth meal, and the dressing, took a lot of time, and there was no reason for this. The place was not busy. Might go back again, or not. This could have been so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DependablePeterJohnDined on 11/28/2013Scott's is one of the few dinner house left that offers a comfortable setting, good food and satisfaction.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013Great place for thanksgiving, small or large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKLardoDined on 11/26/2013Nothing memorable. reasonable food although oysters were not very good at all.
- classyjohnDined on 11/26/2013Food was great, setting was super comfortable and plush, server had the polite and articulate tableside manner you expect when surrounded by rich Stanford parents eating in palo alto. The entrees were very well thought out by some master chef that obviously knows what they are doing. Download their menu and read it through and you'll see what I mean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the ambience atmosphere,KutubDined on 11/20/2013Enjoyed the ambience atmosphere, excellent service, and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2013Three of us decided on Scott's because of its proximity to our next destination. We were not hungry enough to each order a dinner entree so we ordered soup or salad and shared a seafood platter listed in the appetizer list. Not only was the food enough to fill us, but we thoroughly enjoyed the flavors of the crab cakes, wrapped prawns and calamari. The service staff were welcoming, attentive and gracious. We will back back for a full meal soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevisitedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2013Scott's has been around for many years. We haven't eaten there in years. The new location is convinient and the food was excellent. Overall much better than our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrinking seafood portionBigdaddyo75VIPDined on 11/14/2013I've been coming to this place a couple of times per year off and on. Mostly entertaining customers, employees and business partners. Ordering more or less the same things - calamari appetizer and seafood sauté. Calamari is as good as ever, but the seafood dish seems to have shrunk. The amount of crab is now tiny and what used to be prawns are now tiny shrimps. I don't know if they are now part of some conglomerate that's trying to save on ingredients, but it will likely cost them my future business.Special Features:
- Birthday DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/13/2013Inattentive waiter, mediocre food, booth in a dark corner, stacked food.
- SlippingEatoutalotDined on 11/9/2013We have eaten here many times in the past. This time we were very disappointed with the food. The water tasted strange. The scallops had a metallic taste to them. The salad dressing tasted very odd. It used to be one of our favorites. However we may not go back anytime soon.
- SolidCPStreakerDined on 11/9/2013Hostess got us seated right away. Server and waitstaff were quick and efficient. Food was great, but that was our expectation (perScott's usual). A solid performer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the booth.LeungVIPDined on 11/6/2013The lobster tail is expensive. It costs $48. The food does not taste as well as the Scott's Seafood in Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricesalexDined on 11/4/2013The food was ok not outstanding. the bill was astronomic. The restaurant was almost empty for lunch.
- Great servicekappVIPDined on 10/25/2013Very attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Good drinks Please consider adding gluten-free bread,if requested. Thanks
- Good place for a business lunchLASPDined on 10/25/2013Good food, lunch specials and good service. Good place for a business lunch or interview. Easy to find, although parking can be challenging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-football game dinnerStanfordFanVIPDined on 10/19/2013We met friends at Scott's after a Stanford football game. You could actually walk there from the stadium. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar watching other games while we waited. The coconut shrimp we ordered at the bar were outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their dinners - petrale sole, jambalaya and the surf and turf special. The chocolate caramel sundae was a fantastic finish.Special Features:
- Conversation friendly restaurantPostGameDinerDined on 10/19/2013The food is good, not gourmet. But, unlike most restaurants, you can actually hear your dining partners here. It's an old persons' restaurant for sure; which means we'll return. Service was great. Our server did exactly what we requested and waited to place the main course order until we asked. The appetizers, butter lettuce & pear salad and ahi tuna, were very good, the sea bass was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicewoogDined on 10/18/2013it was a great night out with friends. without the following points, it would have been even better. we had a party of 8. we were 15 minutes late and the table was given to another party which is fine but we waited for an hour for our table to be ready. the waiter was pushy. we are from out of town and prefer smaller portions. the waiter kept giving us a look as if we are not ordering enough and acted really surprised that we are sharing one appetizer platter together.Special Features:
- Good meal for happy hour period4thgenCADined on 10/3/2013We had a meeting to go to in the early evening and didn't want to starve. So we had a reasonably light dinner and shared a bowl of ice cream. Very good service--friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful wait staff without hovering. Seated promptly. Meal was great for what we wanted (not too heavy, good fresh salad; my husband had scallops and they were tasty). Considering our time restrictions and the fact that we didn't want to have a heavy meal, this was a great choice. Because we were there early, the price was reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood omeletCrabmeatloverDined on 9/29/2013The seafood omelet was delicious. Light & filled with loads of shrimps and Dungeness crab meat. Service was quick and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for a quiet lunchCCAMDined on 9/29/2013Food was okay, nothing fabulous, but the quiet table by the corner window was perfect with our 85 year old guest. Service was very spotty and it took about 15 minutes to get a coffee. No refills of coffee were ever offered. But we would go back, if only to sit in a spacious booth in a quiet setting for a leisurely meal. The restaurant would be a lot more popular if the food improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!CfoodluverDined on 9/19/2013Our evening at Scott's was a perfect experience. We were seated immediately and Our servers was very attentive. I had a seafood salad that was to die for. We also ordered patrole sole that was impressively presented and simply delicious. Quiet and comfortable, if You haven't been here yet, you're in for a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2013I met several friends at the restaurant for dinner. Our service was excellent as was the food. We arrived around 5:30 and the restaurant was very quiet. However, by the time we left at 7:30 the dining area was full and the noise level was moderate. We had a very nice time and would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- fishjoefDined on 9/13/2013fish was served blackened, encrusted or buried in sauce. fish itself was inferior in terms of taste and texture. my red snapper had a lot of bones. wine list, salad and desert was good but it is a seafood restaurant with not very good seafood.
- Disappointed!PalleyDined on 9/7/2013Stanford Game and Hot. No AC ( I was actually wet when I left the restaurant). Restaurant understaffed and food not as good as it usually is for this restaurant. First time for dinner and last. Will probably still go for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parking at the shopping centerEmilyDined on 8/30/2013parking at the shopping center is a bit challenging & the spaces quite narrowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great value, forlauncher000VIPDined on 8/23/2013Great food, great value, for a Palo Alto restaurant. This one doesn't goug you because of location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the lobster special andMedfordgirlVIPDined on 8/15/2013Had the lobster special and it was perfect. My husband's seafood pasta needed a bit of salt, but was also very good. The waiter accommodated my request for no potatoes and switched it to the available veggie of my choice. Overall, a very nice experience.Special Features: