Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
855 El Camino Real
Building #1 Town & Country Village Center
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodpa.com/
- Phone: 6503231555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 9:00am-3:00pm; Lunch: Mon-Fri: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sun-Mon: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Tues-Sat: 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: German Nava
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday and Friday nights 6-9 pm
A word from Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Scott's Seafood - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (28)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 91st birthday celebrationSandyTDined on 2/1/2014We had a great occasion for dinner out. Our mother turned 91. Mom loves seafood and Scott's is a nice place to take someone who is in a wheelchair. They are very accommodating and made a great fuss over our mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversAnonymousDined on 1/27/2014If you are craving fresh seafood consistently well prepared, this is your place. Not only is the seafood delicious, so also are the accompanying vegetables. Scott's Seafood is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great fresh seafoodNnouriDined on 1/25/2014Enjoyed the gatly prepared seafood that was very fresh. Great compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok....tastygirlVIPDined on 1/25/2014Everything was fine. We had one cocktail each ,a half bottle of wine, two entrees. The bill was $160.00 For that I will take Flea Street or the Pub, however we would not have leftovers, which we do from this night. Although my NY steak is just ok and the pasta with crab just ok. I would like to see if they have a bar menu, several people eating there. might be an ok mid week spot. I would suggest this for lunch.Special Features:
- Scott's is a chain of seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014Scott's is a chain of seafood restaurants that serves predictably good food. The service is quick and attentive but they do not hover. The night I went with a friend, there was a band in the bar and every seat there was taken. The only complaint we had was that the lighting was so din that it was difficult to read the menus.Special Features:
- Great Service and Good FoodFalguniMDined on 1/22/2014I usually come to Scott's during lunch with my customers due to the fact that they have great food, service and it isn't too noisy so we can talk to our customers while having lunch. Love this place! :-)Special Features:
- Always a very satisfying mealOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/14/2014We had the seafood saute' and the almond crusted sea bass, both were very well prepared and presented. We always enjoy our meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the scallops and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/8/2014I had the scallops and they tasted like soap and old
- Great for business lunchDaveDined on 1/7/2014Great place to go for 2-4 people for a business lunch.Special Features:
- scott's seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/3/2014Variable menu choices. Food was pricey but visually pleasing and well prepared.service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work group lunchcmrwcDined on 12/17/2013Weekday lunch for a large group - worked well. Food was very good. It was very pleasant to have the sound level low enough that we could converse.Special Features:
- Holiday Treatspace4twoDined on 12/16/2013Enjoyable experience at venerable local establishment..Seafood is always as fresh as available. Wine by the glass menu could use a strong review and upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Nice AmbienceDaveDined on 12/14/2013We enjoyed our dinner. The clam chowder was outstanding. I had grilled salmon. The presentation was good and the salmon very good. Our waiter was busy but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Crab Fest Menu. ThoroughlyDinDin4meVIPDined on 12/14/2013Love the Crab Fest Menu. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKarenDined on 12/13/2013We find Scott's to be our "go to" place when we want a good meal, excelllent service and the ability to enjoy a nice conversation over lunch or dinner. Always pleasant. The food is consistently good and the service attentive. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Go for the foodDougDined on 12/11/2013Well known Palo Alto restaurant that was once a diner. Wonderful seafood and beef dishes and great service. Casual dining and a small bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest seafood selectionClaudeVIPDined on 12/10/2013Excellent choices of fresh seafood, including sustainable salmon, trout, and many other choices. There is also a good selection of white wines, although they are a little pricey, with a midpoint around $50 (for an admittedly excellent Acacia Chardonnay). The desserts are notable, especially the melts-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé. One nice thing at Scott's is that the tables and booths offer generous amounts of space, so you're not (involuntarily) rubbing elbows with your neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's is a busy place atJaneVIPDined on 12/8/2013Scott's is a busy place at noon on a Sunday. I felt bad for our waiter, who was hustling as fast as he could. There was no way he could ever keep up with all the tables assigned to him, though, even if he were on roller skates. The restaurant was seriously short-handed when we were there, although the food was as good as ever. Two in our group ordered the seafood on a puff pastry special, which was as delicious as it sounded. It came with a flavorful sauce, rice and green beans and a few slivers of bell peppers. My husband throughly enjoyed his grilled prawn Cobb salad, and my aunt raved about her rainbow trout. Our waiter remained upbeat and as helpful as possible, but we experienced long waits for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet spot for good seafoodE2dinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013Went to lunch during busy Saturday at Town and Country village. Scott's is quite reliable and nice quiet spot to get away from noise and frenzy. Had a great chowder, scallop salad. We also had greT fish and chips with snapper. Good service and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2013How can any kitchen make a white wine, butter, and garlic sauté unappealing? These guys managed. Scallops were way too salty, prawns tasted pre-frozen, dungeness crab chunks were one redeemable part of the meal. My husband's salmon dish was not bad, but not good either. Just bland.
- Good experienceBeckyDined on 12/5/2013They have an early bird menu which is really a good deal. Two members of our party arrived very late due to traffic and our waiter was very good about accommodating them even after the rest of us had eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatnlspamVIPDined on 12/1/2013Went there the Sunday after Thanksgiving in a group of five. Food was okay. Service was friendly, but not attentive. They delivered four of five meals, with one of those a salad with "dressing on the side." Getting the fifth meal, and the dressing, took a lot of time, and there was no reason for this. The place was not busy. Might go back again, or not. This could have been so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DependablePeterJohnDined on 11/28/2013Scott's is one of the few dinner house left that offers a comfortable setting, good food and satisfaction.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013Great place for thanksgiving, small or large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKLardoDined on 11/26/2013Nothing memorable. reasonable food although oysters were not very good at all.
- classyjohnDined on 11/26/2013Food was great, setting was super comfortable and plush, server had the polite and articulate tableside manner you expect when surrounded by rich Stanford parents eating in palo alto. The entrees were very well thought out by some master chef that obviously knows what they are doing. Download their menu and read it through and you'll see what I mean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the ambience atmosphere,KutubDined on 11/20/2013Enjoyed the ambience atmosphere, excellent service, and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2013Three of us decided on Scott's because of its proximity to our next destination. We were not hungry enough to each order a dinner entree so we ordered soup or salad and shared a seafood platter listed in the appetizer list. Not only was the food enough to fill us, but we thoroughly enjoyed the flavors of the crab cakes, wrapped prawns and calamari. The service staff were welcoming, attentive and gracious. We will back back for a full meal soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevisitedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2013Scott's has been around for many years. We haven't eaten there in years. The new location is convinient and the food was excellent. Overall much better than our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrinking seafood portionBigdaddyo75VIPDined on 11/14/2013I've been coming to this place a couple of times per year off and on. Mostly entertaining customers, employees and business partners. Ordering more or less the same things - calamari appetizer and seafood sauté. Calamari is as good as ever, but the seafood dish seems to have shrunk. The amount of crab is now tiny and what used to be prawns are now tiny shrimps. I don't know if they are now part of some conglomerate that's trying to save on ingredients, but it will likely cost them my future business.Special Features:
- Birthday DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/13/2013Inattentive waiter, mediocre food, booth in a dark corner, stacked food.
- SlippingEatoutalotDined on 11/9/2013We have eaten here many times in the past. This time we were very disappointed with the food. The water tasted strange. The scallops had a metallic taste to them. The salad dressing tasted very odd. It used to be one of our favorites. However we may not go back anytime soon.
- SolidCPStreakerDined on 11/9/2013Hostess got us seated right away. Server and waitstaff were quick and efficient. Food was great, but that was our expectation (perScott's usual). A solid performer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the booth.LeungVIPDined on 11/6/2013The lobster tail is expensive. It costs $48. The food does not taste as well as the Scott's Seafood in Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricesalexDined on 11/4/2013The food was ok not outstanding. the bill was astronomic. The restaurant was almost empty for lunch.
- Great servicekappVIPDined on 10/25/2013Very attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Good drinks Please consider adding gluten-free bread,if requested. Thanks
- Good place for a business lunchLASPDined on 10/25/2013Good food, lunch specials and good service. Good place for a business lunch or interview. Easy to find, although parking can be challenging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-football game dinnerStanfordFanVIPDined on 10/19/2013We met friends at Scott's after a Stanford football game. You could actually walk there from the stadium. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar watching other games while we waited. The coconut shrimp we ordered at the bar were outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their dinners - petrale sole, jambalaya and the surf and turf special. The chocolate caramel sundae was a fantastic finish.Special Features:
- Conversation friendly restaurantPostGameDinerDined on 10/19/2013The food is good, not gourmet. But, unlike most restaurants, you can actually hear your dining partners here. It's an old persons' restaurant for sure; which means we'll return. Service was great. Our server did exactly what we requested and waited to place the main course order until we asked. The appetizers, butter lettuce & pear salad and ahi tuna, were very good, the sea bass was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicewoogDined on 10/18/2013it was a great night out with friends. without the following points, it would have been even better. we had a party of 8. we were 15 minutes late and the table was given to another party which is fine but we waited for an hour for our table to be ready. the waiter was pushy. we are from out of town and prefer smaller portions. the waiter kept giving us a look as if we are not ordering enough and acted really surprised that we are sharing one appetizer platter together.Special Features: