Scott's Seafood on the River
4800 Riverside Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: 9163795959
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Bill John
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From an intimate dinner with a few good friends to a formal wedding for 200, Scott's has many options for all occasions, whether for meetings, corporate events, presentations, weddings, rehearsal dinners or celebrations of all kinds.
- Private Party Contact: Celeste Dolan (916) 989 8959
A word from Scott's Seafood on the River
Sacramento's favorite seafood restaurant arrives on the Sacramento River at Le Rivage Hotel. Whether you arrive on wheels or by boat, this gorgeous dining room affords everyone a view of the River. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, Scott's has something for everyone. With the gentle Delta breezes playing on a summer evening, there is no better dining al fresco in Sacramento. The food, the service, the ambiance all make for an unforgettable experience. Plan a special occasion, meeting or night on the town and turn it into an overnight getaway at Le Rivage Hotel. Don't forget to make an appointment for the perfect spa treatment at Spa LaLe, right on the property.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Scott's Seafood on the River - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Scott's Seafood on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (155)scenic view (155)special occasion (140)romantic (91)great for brunch (63)great for lunch (56)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (52)vibrant bar scene (42)notable wine list (35)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)Show More
- Love spending Sunday afternoon heregeoblewisDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I always make time to stop at Scott's Seafood on the River before I take her to the airport to fly home. We try to get seating out on the patio, overlooking the river. Just lovely! The cocktails are delish! And so is the food! This time, I had the Dungeness Crab and Avocado Tacos, then the Scott's Burger with house salad. The tacos were made from wontons. Fillings were flavorful and light. I asked for the burger to be served without the bun. Got a beautiful arrangement, with loads of salad! Best burger I have ever tasted! Our server told us it was made of ground filet mignon. Its really is best to get a reservation. In my experience, when they get busy, I'm not attended to so carefully. This time, our server was wonderful!Special Features:
- Pleasant experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Had a lovely dinner with my husband. Will defiantly come again. Dinner was excellent, staff did a great job from the hostess to the bartender to the server. Everyone provided great customer service. Made our evening very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was nice and my boyfriend loved the oysters. While the service was great and the view beautiful and romantic, the food was somewhat bland and not well worth the price we paid. Maybe it was just the two dishes we had, but for the price, I didn't walk away saying "wow, that was good". The wine was good, but my boyfriend ordered an "old fashioned", and while he liked it, he said it wasn't what he was expecting.Special Features:
- expdinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was elegant. Best of all, the service was above and beyond the highest quality. Abigail was bright, charming and extremely competent We felt well taken care of even though she had many other tables to cover. I could not recommend Scott's any more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh Food, but Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was not quite worth the price. The best items we had were calamari and scallops. The crab bisque was ok, but has a little kick to it, so be warned if you have low tolerance for spicy. It's a tomato-based cream, so not as light as, say, a lobster bisque - more of a spiced crab-tomato bisque. I asked for "Medium to Medium-Rare" filet mignon, and it came out closer to Rare, but was seasoned well. Sadly, the sauce with it tasted more like a barbecue-aioli sauce found on a Red Robin burger and less like a steak sauce. The garlic mashed potatoes were good, but the macadamia encrusted halibut was blander than Panko, to say the least. The restaurant was also a bit loud, but the service was more than excellent. We'll stick to McCormick's...Special Features:
- 61 anniversary celebrationopusDined on 8/28/2014I took my parents to Scotts for a 61st wedding anniversary celebration. They treated everybody fabulous and made it a very special day for my parents. The food was excellent and every thing was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/27/2014The dinning room atmosphere (tables and chairs) was was like being at a Denny's or a Mimi's restraunt. I expected more when paying the prices for dinner. The Happy hour was good but the service was lacking at the tables.Special Features:
- Always LovelyTantanbourineDined on 8/25/2014I always love coming here. Definitely sit outside if you can- gorgeous and quit river views. The hostess was lovely, our busser was equally engaging and Our server was very accommodating and sweet. And of course, the food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my inlaws 60th wedding anniversary. As I had made my reservations online, I specifically requested a quiet area of the restaurant as the elderly couple have hearing issues. We were initially seated right next to the very busy and noisy bar. I questioned the hostess and she IMMEDIATELY prepared another table in the back of the restaurant which was perfect! She was so polite, pleasant and took charge of the situation and fixed the error in seating. Our waitress was also amazing. Extremely patient with our group and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent meat, but the shrimp wasn't that good. Service was great!Special Features:
- choosehisfoodDined on 8/19/2014It was my mother's 94th birthday. We had a great experience. Our service was crisp and friendly. The quality of the food was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!Lkp49Dined on 8/17/2014Great spot, amazing food and superb service! Loved the view and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!CourtsDined on 8/16/2014We went to Scott's for our anniversary dinner and had an amazing time. I asked for a table with a view when making our reservation, and was pleasantly surprised with a great table overlooking the river. Our food was delicious and we were even gifted a complimentary bottle of champagne at the end of our evening. I would recommend Scott's to anyone who loves great food and service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waddlesWaddlesDined on 8/15/2014I have always enjoyed the ambience at Scott's along with the food. The Halibut is my favorite and I always recommend it to my friends that I am with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/14/2014Our waitress was amazing and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Where's the Value?luvavalueDined on 8/14/2014Service and location is great. I would expect the same with the food for the price, but I was disappointed. I'd recommend only for drinks and snacks.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerVickccDined on 8/13/2014I saw that the restaurant bar area was very full and a bit noisy . We were seated immediately and decided to take an outdoor table. The spinach was fresh, hot, and cooked to my liking! The others in my party enjoyed their entrees too. I felt that the wait time for the dessert to actually come was a little too long . It was my BD dinner celebration thus the dessert was complimentary.. The dessert when it came was brought with three spoons. Dessert was yummy and the coffee was great but could have been hotter. I didn't say anything since I drank it right away. The waiter was attentive and refilled my coffee cup three times. Overall the dining experience was excellent and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood on the riverHilltopDined on 8/12/2014This scenic restaurant on the river has very fresh petrale sole and salmon, prepared just the way the customer requests. Our waitress provided excellent service, with a warm and friendly attitude; and, she offered very good advice about the items on the menu, as well as giving great suggestions, for wines to complement our entrees. I would rate the service as FIVE STARS, Par Excellence. We both enjoyed a wonderful dining experience. We give this restaurant our highest recommendation; and, we plan to return here, for many enjoyable meals in the future. . . -Alyn GoldsmithSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014The staff was super attentive and accommodating. My wife has several food allergies and the kitchen crew made her dish just as she liked. The morning had several large parties and the tables were pushed very close together making it difficult to maneuver through the outdoor patio but the hostess seated us at a table with plenty of room. Overall very good food, great service and a very unrushed and enjoyable Sunday brunchSpecial Features:
- Delightful experienceLynneDined on 8/8/2014A post-wedding reception dinner for out-of-town guests was just a delight. Our server was so gracious, funny and personable...she made our evening very enjoyable, and the fresh oysters on the half shell--oh my, delicious! Thank you Scott's for making our special evening even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceoverindulge123Dined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was on top of her game! We know when we visit Scott's we are in for a lovely meal but the service really jumped out to us. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- disappointingDisappointedDined on 8/7/2014We went to Scott's for our anniversary. We had a reservation stating it was a special event for us. When we arrived they sat us at the worst table even though their were several open. When we asked to be moved we were told it was only this table or the one directly across from it which was equally bad. After ordering appetizers and 1st course out entrees were brought within seconds of each other. They definitely tried to rush us through dinner. The waitress Samantha came by three times within 5 minutes of bringing us the check to see if we had paid. We hadn't even finished our drinks. Not the best anniversary dinner. I guess I didn't realize it was really a "fast food" restaurant!Special Features:
- It's my birthdayKevinDined on 8/7/2014When my wife and I arrived at the restaurant we were seated rite away and approached by the waitress withen 3 min. We ordered water and drinks and where told of the specials of the day. I ordered the Halibut and my wife ordered the fellet and prawns. Everything was great. It was my birthday so they ofered me a free Deseret so we had some gillato. When the bill came our waitress came back with a botle of champagne as a gift for my birthday. VERRY COOL!! Love this placeSpecial Features:
- A come back to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a wonderful dinner on the patio. Great wine, great food! Service was a little slow but the had a large party. It was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one thing...WolfkingDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I decided to make our second trip to Scott's On the River after a great initial experience there. We decided to eat our dinner outside because it was very pleasant and we love the view. While the food was very good (my wife had the cioppino and I had ahi tuna) and the service was outstanding, we had to fight the yellow jackets coming and going. They weren't at our table the whole time, but just enough to be annoying. So just be aware that it could be an issue. It won't stop us from trying again, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday lunch gatheringSfgiantfanDined on 7/31/2014Beautiful setting! Shaded patio overlooks the river. Great for special occasions or for any time! Crab tacos were excellent!Special Features:
- O.K.KroberDined on 7/30/2014Good Service, Too many fish items with plain or creamed rice,ciapino O.K.,one eating beef items seemed to enjoyed his meal.Special Features:
- Wine List additionCstinsonDined on 7/29/2014I would have loved to see Esser Wines on the wine list, as it's latest varietals are my favorite!!! http://www.esservineyards.com/Special Features:
- Outdoor brunch niceGolfergirlDined on 7/26/2014However comma, the service Sunday morning was less than stellar. Forgot the toast, then said it burned and was re-doing....then had to flag a waiter down to get a second cup of coffee.....food was mediocre but thank goodness for the ambience of dining outdoors with a river view. Considering valet (because self parking was a block away with no shuttle running .... And my client had a fractured foot) I think the valet is way too expensive at $8 a car. Even at Original Joes in the heart of San Francisco it is only $6. Would be quite acceptable if food and service up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott's good as usualMikeDined on 7/25/2014We had another great time at Scotts, service and food were exceptionalSpecial Features:
- it was great. service and food.LionessDined on 7/24/2014Awesomeness!!!# we even got a free bottle of wine to go home with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRC12Dined on 7/24/2014Tonight the fish was dry. Other nights it has been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsGalahDined on 7/23/2014Despite making an open table reservation, still had to wait for a seat. Food was good, service good, nice venue.
- Three StrikesjeffmeDined on 7/23/2014Reservations for 7:00, arrived at 6:30, requested inside table. Sat at the bar for a drink before being seated outside at 7:15. Service was just above "poor", items not served, very slow, etc.Special Features:
- Always a great dinner spotfood4UDined on 7/23/2014I have dined at Scott's on The many times with just close friends and large groups. Nice place to go to.Special Features:
- wonderful as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was exceptional and so was our food.....returning on TuesdaySpecial Features:
- Food is excellantNoTimeToCookDined on 7/19/2014I had the fillet mignon with shrimp. The steak was excellant. My husband had the ciopino and it was good - he's had better. Service was good. Nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePalmSpringsChrisDined on 7/19/2014Our first time at Scott's on the River. We'd previously dined at their Folsom restaurant and decided to try their other location. The food and service made it worth the trip. The dining room is long and narrow which seems to elevate the noise level. But as I said, we came for the food and not the ambiance. Our party of six ordered a variety of items off the menu and each item was well plated, hot, and a delight to eat. Our server did an outstanding job of getting the "seniors" in our party to the right selection(s) and was a jewel of a soul in making each of us feel welcome. If you're into quiet dining - you should pass. However, if you're into great food that is beautifully presented and great service, this is an excellent venue.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnersonyDined on 7/19/2014We took my Father to this restaurant for his 75th Birthday dinner. The food and service were excellent! The restaurant is beautifully located and made the occasion even more special. We loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014not good food and over priced oriented towards hotel visitors