Scott's Seafood on the River
4800 Riverside Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: (916) 379-5959
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Bill John
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From an intimate dinner with a few good friends to a formal wedding for 200, Scott's has many options for all occasions, whether for meetings, corporate events, presentations, weddings, rehearsal dinners or celebrations of all kinds.
- Private Party Contact: Celeste Dolan (916) 989 8959
A word from Scott's Seafood on the River
Sacramento's favorite seafood restaurant arrives on the Sacramento River at Le Rivage Hotel. Whether you arrive on wheels or by boat, this gorgeous dining room affords everyone a view of the River. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, Scott's has something for everyone. With the gentle Delta breezes playing on a summer evening, there is no better dining al fresco in Sacramento. The food, the service, the ambiance all make for an unforgettable experience. Plan a special occasion, meeting or night on the town and turn it into an overnight getaway at Le Rivage Hotel. Don't forget to make an appointment for the perfect spa treatment at Spa LaLe, right on the property.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Scott's Seafood on the River - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Scott's Seafood on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (129)great for outdoor dining (123)special occasion (109)romantic (75)neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (51)good for groups (48)great for brunch (36)vibrant bar scene (36)notable wine list (31)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (6)Show More
- The answer is Scott'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014The question is, where do you go when you want to have an extra special gathering, great food, wonderful scenery, and excellent customer service? The food is exceptional, the service was fantastic and friendly, and our special get-together was made even more special because of it. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific Rim SaladCinaVIPDined on 11/10/2014Three out of four ordered the Pacific Rim Salad with calamari ... delicious and filling! Somewhat pricey but worth it. Calamari is one of the best around--crunchy and includes tentacles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationkkleeDined on 11/9/2014Had a small party for a joint birthday dinner. Sat outside on the patio in the evening. Nick was a wonderful server. His dinning recommendations were excellent and his service was spot on. After dinner we had complimentary desserts and we were surprised with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. This topped off a great meal and we will return and recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- ReflectingEli1Dined on 11/9/2014this is the place to relax and reflect on your day. The ambiance and polite staff are without words. They are attentive to your needs and go overboard to ensure every aspect of your evening is to your liking. I have four words to describe Scott's....ex-cept-ion-al.Special Features:
- Scotts was wonderfuldinerDined on 11/9/2014We had two guests from out of town and the brunch at Scotts was delicious. We had a beautiful table with a view of the river. It was just a bit cool on the patio, but the fire pits kept out the chill. The service was wonderful. We could not have taken them to a better place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLovetoeatDined on 11/7/2014Met my 87 year old dad here for lunch because he loves calamari. We split the calamari appy and I also had a Ceasar salad and dad had a cup of clam chowder soup. We both enjoyed it all (although I did ask for more salad dressing). Our waiter was extremely nice and our waters were refilled often. Aside from the tiny parking spaces and distance to the restaurant from the parking, it was a good experience. I had to get into my dad's car from the passengeer side and back it out because the idiot who parked next to him left him NO room to get into his car. Had I not been there...???Special Features:
- Wonderful Sacramento DiningRudyDined on 11/5/2014This is a fine restaurant with a wide selection of appetizers and entrees and exceptional service. The ciopinno sauce was so delicious that we took the remainder home and used it as a base for our next day's dinner. I highly recommend Scotts.Special Features:
- Delightful lunch w friendSeniorfoodieVIPDined on 11/3/2014Thank you for good service, good atmosphere, delicious food. We had a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite for special occasionsPaulDined on 10/27/2014We love the setting, the service, and especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food1028Dined on 10/27/2014The food is great, but don't go here if you are pressed for time. Service is slow-perhaps so you don't feel rushed? Dining outdoors is loud due to proximity to the freeway, but indoors is quiet and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointMaryStrangeDined on 10/24/2014We typically choose to celebrate special occasions at Scott's because we know the food and service is always great and Friday night was no exception. Booking a reservation via open table is quick and reliable. The only :( was the cocktail waitress who was unable to get our order correct, and did not seem to care. We'll be back for sure, but we'll avoid her section. Thank you for a memorable experience. Mary StrangeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't dine with dogsSeafoodieDined on 10/19/2014Loved the food, the location, the ambiance hate that they let people dine with their dogs on the patio. We were there for our anniversary and the evening started wonderful. That is until they sat a group of three with their two dogs next to us. Dogs should not be allowed in restaurants(patio included) unless they are service dogs. These dogs were definitely not service dogs, one dog got away and ran under another table and the large poodle had to be told repeatedly to lay down. Would not recommend this location because of the dog issue. If we wanted to eat with a dog bugging us we would stay homeSpecial Features:
- not like other Scott's I knowBetsyVIPDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is a hotel restaurant, not the Scott's classic restaurant that I have come to know in Walnut Creek. The fare was average and presentation varied. The Shrimp Louis was pathetic, a pile of strip on iceberg lettuce with a couple of slices of tomato, big chunks of cucumber, a token half a hard boiled egg and a couple of olives thrown i as an afterthought. It tasted fishy, ugh. The Thai beef Salad had a nice presentation but was over-dressed. The menu was Brunch, on a Saturday at 11:30am, that was unexpected. For a special day to with y 93 year old Mom, we were very disappointed and wil not return.
- KathyDined on 10/18/2014Had a nice leisurely brunch with 2 visiting girlfriends. It was perfect!Special Features:
- Scenic but disappointingchrmnkagaVIPDined on 10/17/2014Looked forward to trying Scott's. Disappointed. Food is expensive for what tastes like premade And frozen. Not worth the money although there is not much competition in the seafood category in Sac.Special Features:
- eatsomemoreDined on 10/17/2014Four of us had dinner at Scoot's Seafood on the river and we enjoyed the evening. Good food, nice view of the river, and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Many OccasionsSnugglesDined on 10/12/2014If it a romantic dinner for two or a gathering place for friends and family Scotts is the place to go. We have never been disappointed either in food, service or ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME PLACEPrincessDined on 10/11/2014Recently had a small birthday dinner for four there. The outdoor tables were great because you're right on the river. Great, romantic, scenic outdoor seating. Food, service, drinks, everything was great. Us girls had a great experience. Birthday girl also got drink, dessert, and bottle of champagne on the house. Dinner was surprising affordable. There was also a wedding going on while we were dining and it did not bother us at all. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceaguayoDined on 10/10/2014It's a wonderful place for a romantic dinner with your loved one. The food and service were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The Macadamia nut crusted Halibut is always a good choice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and turfTipsySailorDined on 10/10/2014Scott's is wonderful for our surf and turf craving, loved the marina view, open air dining, great service and peaceful ambiance.Special Features:
- not impressedCandyjDined on 10/8/2014We went to Scotts with another couple to enjoy and night of dining on the patio. Service was ok , the food fair for the price. We had a problem with a man with two large dogs. The biggest German Sheppard I had ever seen and a Great Dane mix. He was seated at the table beside us and the dogs kept laying under our table near my feet. We do loves dogs but quite frankly, I don't choose to dine with mine let alone other peoples. We let the staff know that the dogs were making us uncomfortable and we were informed it is a dog friendly restaurant. Won't be going back to Scotts any time soon. We also emailed the manager the next day and its been a week, haven't heard a word from him. Apparently they prefer dog satisfaction over people's.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Every guest in our party fully enjoyed Scotty's. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oycejDined on 10/3/2014CALL AT LEAST 5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME,CALLED DAY OF OR BEFORE TO VERIFY THINGS WERE AS I ASKED,WAS TOLD THEY WERE. GOT THERE AND THE TABLE WAS NOT READY,HAD TO WAIT, TAKEN TO A TABLE FOR NO MORE THEN 3,THEIR WAS 5 OF US. FOOD WAS HORRIBLE,MY STEAK WAS TOUGH, MASHED POTATOES TASTED LIKE INSTANT POTATOES, AND GREEN BEANS LIKE THEY HAD BEEN SITTING IN WATER AND RE-HEATED. IN MY 71 YEARS OF DINING OUT THIS WAS THE WORST. OTHER RESERVED TABLES HAD STANDING MENUS AND SET, WE GOT A THROWN TOGETHER LAST MINUTE DEAL. WAS LEFT STANDING IN DINING AREA AND HAD TO FIND OUR OWN TABLE.
- Brunch at Scott'schinskiDined on 9/28/2014Most of the service was courteous and understanding, however the waiter and a waitress had a dreadful habit of interrupting our conversation as though their time was more important than our conversation. This was not true as the three of us rarely all three meet. The food was good. However on leaving we discovered that even though we had used the restaurant their valet service had cost us $7 which had not been told us at the time. I complained by e mail to the restaurant and received a discount coupon and a very gracious explanation by return. The valet parking franchise apparently leaves them frustrated also.Special Features:
- Restaurant Cancelled ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Received a call 1-2 hours prior to reservations with a message that said their kitchen was closed and they had to cancel all reservations for the night?! Thank God I checked my message before leaving the house ( I didn't answer the original call thinking they were confirming reservations, not CANCELLING them) I called, they told me I could reschedule for another date or be email a GC for the inconvenience. Gave them my email address and hung up. A couple hours later, they called again to get my email address (someone lost it or never wrote it down?). Needless to say I never received anything from Scott's Seafood. I would have loved to try the restaurant since I had heard so much good things, but so disappointed I don't think I will.
- ExceptionalKyteDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Scott's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is superb and the wait staff is excellent. Our waiter, Miguel, was amazing! Miguel made sure the timing of the meal, from appetizer through dessert was perfect, allowing us to enjoy our 28th anniversary without being rushed. It was the perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great family brunch.lunchtimeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated my Dad's 83rd birthday with a family brunch. The food, service and atmosphere was perfect for us. The service pace was slow but in a good way they were very attentive to the needs of the group and didn't come around and sweep up plates before we were all done. I like that. In most places today the servers don't manage the whole table as well as these guys did. Food was very good from crab louis to omelets -- delish. Server was knowledgeable and very personable which makes the whole thing work. Nice job Scott's.Special Features:
- pleasantly relaxingdine4UDined on 9/17/2014The overall experience was very enjoyable. Waitresses were efficient and courteous and the atmosphere serene and restful. The food was tops and done to perfection. For special occasions its the place to be. The weather cooperated and it was very comfortable on the patio. Would recommend it for anyone wanting a high end dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Have eaten here several times for special family occasions. Love the food, location and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable outdoor brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We took a group of 7 for a Sunday Brunch and had a very pleasant experience. Lovely venue on the river, good service, good food and an overall great outdoor dining morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Good Food and Service, limited parking. There was a wedding, and huge birthday party there forcing us to valet park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerlovefishes1Dined on 9/13/2014Lovely place to have dinner out.....food taste excellent but not hot & coffee cold x 2 cups......I will come again but no coffee! I will also remind server to please be sure food is hot.....CSpecial Features:
- Great 35th DinnerdckandrobnDined on 9/13/2014We missed our Monroe Ave Scotts, so we decided to try the River Location. It was wonderful, we will definitely keep going back there. Great dinner, super in all waysSpecial Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came for his Birthday dinner. We made the reservations and had been here a few times before with great food and service. This time we were disappointed, the server didn't really listen to us when asking about ingredients and was acting "put out" because we asked. (My husband had a heart attack and we just needed to be sure of the ingredients because he eats differently now), our appetizer was overcooked for being seared and the food was just OK...not what we usually get as we have in the past, with the "wow" factor. There also was two little kids running around and screaming as they were chasing each other with all 12 adults at the their table and no one to guide them to be a bit quieter.Special Features:
- Scenic viewDineDined on 9/12/2014Service was slightly too slow. We had some lags in that area such as when ordering. Food was good but not exceptional. The salmon was good but nothing that we would crave enough to come back. Desserts were also good but not memorable. I prefer regular cheesecake to ricotta which is slightly too overpowering in flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseLuckyeaterDined on 9/7/2014We went to Scott's on a Sunday evening for my mother's birthday. We were seated on the outdoor patio, with a great view of the river. The food was inventive and delicious and the service outstanding! I can't wait to go back again. What a great way to enjoy friends, food and a cool spring or fall evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place To Go4happyseniorsDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, excellent service, and great ambiance. Four senior people were treated outstandingly.Special Features:
- OilwellDined on 9/7/2014Over all this was a very pleasant experience. We had a party of five and were seated along the back wall so as a result couldn't really see the river and view. That would have been nicer. Our server Sierra was excellent, bent over backwards to please. Parking, a little bit away. Did catch a ride in the golf cart on the way back down the hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location was hard to find.LuvsurfnturfDined on 9/6/2014The seafood was great but my steak was terrible. Service was very good from the moment we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.