Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
9611 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: 9169896711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday 4pm - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Dunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Dunn will create custom menus for any size of event, from intimate chef dinners to garden parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Board Room will accommodate an intimate party of up to 16 guests. Private Patio dining is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hughes 9169896711
A word from Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
Voted the Sacramento area's best seafood restaurant for the past 16 years, Scott's is always on the hunt for the freshest and best sustainable seafood available, served by a friendly knowledgeable staff in a comfortable elegant setting. Whether your tastes run to steak, pasta, chicken or vegetarian, Scott's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (48)romantic (39)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (33)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (16)scenic view (9)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great anniversary dinner with great service and our dessert thrown in because it was our anniversary!! We've had dinner there now four times and are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We have been going to Scotts for years both in the Bay Area and Folsom. It never disappoints! My husband had the fried prawns and sweet potatoe fries and I had the halibut. Both were delicious. We usually go to Scotts for a special occasion (this was our anniversary), but may go back sooner just for the prawns.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner and a lovely time . My wife and I plan on going back for lunch very soon and will also be back to enjoy happy hour at the bar along with some appitizers.Special Features:
- BrickDined on 8/28/2014The food was great. We had the tuna sandwich andf it was very tasty.Special Features:
- MrsWDined on 8/27/2014Excellent restaurant, wait staff is friendly and very social and the food was outstanding. This was our wedding anniversary and I asked to be seated in a quiet part of the restaurant away from large groups and noisy children. Our wish was addressed and we had a table in a quiet corner and the restaurant was super busy that night.Special Features:
- New menu at Scott'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/26/2014It was nice to go to Scott's on a fairly quiet Tuesday for an early dinner. As almost always, my special requests were fulfilled. There is a new menu with interesting additions. We tried one, a basil pesto and prawn dish served over capellini pasta. It was very good. I'm glad that the old favorites are still on the menu under "Classics".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Bay Area quality, superior service. Hard to find in sacramento area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DreadfulMikeDined on 8/16/2014OMG! This supposed to be a great place? Other than the oysters (served raw) every prepared dish was dreadful. Dreadful! And this was on a Saturday night. I had to apologize to my girl. That's just the food. The waitress was okay, but watching her try to uncork a wine bottle was sad. She tried three times and expressed concern about how dry the corks were. Top it off with a lousy view. Scott's Folsom overlooks a construction site that, according to our waitress, had been there 10 years. Surely there is a better destination for you in Folsom.
- Even better than beforenotimpressedDined on 8/16/2014Scott's has always been very good but it seems they've been able to take it up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Scott'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 7 for our August family birthday lunch. Everyone loved their meal, including a special order (my husband gets bacon on everything). I had cioppino, it was SOOO good. My other favorite is the Pacific Rim salad. Our waiter remembered us from a February lunch. The service was excellent - attentive but in no way annoying. We have 4 August birthdays and they all got a free dessert of their choosing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our Wedding AnniversaryCrusaderDined on 8/15/2014Food and Staff were excellent. Would definitely go back for any special occasion.Special Features:
- HobinsDelightDined on 8/15/2014The food was just what I expected....We frequented the "Lowemen's Plaza" location and feel you folks need to be back in Carmichael.....or the skirts of Sacramento.....We were sorry to see that location go..... The crab bisque I could eat forever.....the soul fish was perfect; along with the sides.....and the dessert, well what's there to say....YUM !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodMannasteelDined on 8/14/2014I had heard so much about this restaurant and was really excited to try it out. We were seated promptly at our reservation time with no waiting. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable and for the most part, our experience was good. The bar was very noisy and someone kept dropping dishes into a receptacle creating a lot of noise. It's my number one complaint in a restaurant. I can handle the noise from other people but excessive noise from a staff that is not mindful is bothersome. My wife had the wild salmon and as this was our anniversary I had the filet and lobster. Honestly, the filet was terrific as were the mashed potatoes, green beans, and julienned carrots. My wife's veggies were overcooked and my lobster was not cooked through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambience.LocalFavDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife to this favorite local restaurant for our Anniversary. Just right atmosphere. We could talk, enjoy our dinner and the occasion.Special Features:
- Consistantly good foodFergyjoeDined on 8/12/2014Scott's is no newcomer but is, and has always been, a consistently reliable place to meet friends, enjoy a date or just have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantfoodieDined on 8/10/2014We had a great spot in a booth that we requested. The food and wine the waiter recommended was fantastic and the dessert was so good we could have licked the plate clean. Will definitely be back. The view out the window isn't the best because of the storage of big trucks across the street. Seems planting some more flowering trees and maybe light up with twinkle lights would soften it. It still won't distract us coming back.Special Features:
- wife's birthdaycreepybinnyDined on 8/9/2014I had the ribeye and the wife had the halibut. Both were great. She had a glass of stags leap chardonnay and i had a Grey goose over the rocks to toast her BDAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lettyDined on 8/8/2014We always have a great dinner at Scotts. We try to have dinner there at least once a month.Special Features:
- great serviceSacramentofoodieDined on 8/8/2014We recently had lunch here and the service was outstanding. We enjoyed the bisque and halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Friendly hostess, excellent server, terrible meals. After many satisfied occasions at Scotts on the River, I'd hoped the same for this locale. Took a friend for her birthday, we both ordered halibut after being told the chef says all the fish was fresh. The entire meal had the consistency of a microwaved frozen dinner. Fish, potatoes, vegetables all very tough and dry, but thankfully served with a sauce to moisten the food with. Not what one would expect from a $27 main entrée, or from a restaurant that uses the word 'seafood' in its name.
- nice choice for lunchSteveWDined on 8/5/2014I brought two out-of-town guests to Scott's Seafood (Folsom) for lunch. They both commented on the extensive menu and the restaurant's ambiance. We each appreciated our individual entrees -- the Crab melt, a Shrimp Caesar salad, and Crab cakes. We didn't order any wines but there were some appealing options on the wine list. Scott's is a good choice for lunch in the Folsom area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyJohnnyKDined on 8/3/2014It's been awhile since our last visit to Scott's in Folsom and one of the reasons that we don't do it regularly is because I feel that it's very expensive for the overall dining experience. My group found the food to be average with the fresh side vegetables either undercooked or tough. In my case, the Jerk Swordfish was good, but the portion was small and the coconut shrimp was overcooked. The best part of the experience was having $200 worth of gift cards to pay for it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as AlwaysspinosigDined on 8/2/2014Went to Scott's, Folsom for a casual Sat Night Dinner and again was so pleased with the food and service. I had been craving the Jerk Swordfish since I last had it there a few months ago- this is a dish to groan over as you eat! Incredible. Carissa, our server was great!!! We are never dissappointed at Scott's - will continue to eat here time and tme again!Special Features:
- Good foodfudlvrDined on 8/2/2014I felt the menu was pricey. The waitress had too many tables. We were very annoyed by flies. I had told them it was my moms 82 birthday but no one told the waitress. Music was too loud for my mom to participate in the conversation. Disappointed for what I spent.Special Features:
- Seafood CravingsInfiniti35Dined on 8/1/2014We visited for the first time on Friday August 1st. The first thing we noticed was that all the servers seemed like they knew all their customers. Very welcoming and friendly. The second thing was the blue cheese dressing, which is the BEST I have ever had! I was informed it is made there. Lastly, the dinner was awesome! My husband had lobster and I had scallops. We had been craving these, and we thoroughly enjoyed! Its nice to have an option to the steakhouses that serve seafood, a specialty restaurant for when we want just something from the sea...Special Features:
- GreatplaceButchuDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner! The service was great and the prices were reasonableSpecial Features:
- Dependable seafoodMitchDined on 8/1/2014I have always loved Scott's. Lunch or dinner, every meal has been wonderful. And if you love oysters hit Thursday happy hour for them at bargain prices.Special Features:
- Good experienceLuckyDined on 7/26/2014Good dining experience. Arrived early and had appetizers in bar. Checked in with Hostess who said she would come and get us at our reservation time. I had to remind her fifteen minutes after our scheduled reservation. Being forgotten by one preoccupied hostess was only negative in an excellent seafood and table service experience.Special Features:
- special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The menu, food and service were very good. Lots of attentive attention from the waiter and other's who kept our glasses filled at all times. Food was delicious. Had the filet and lobster and the steak was so tender it was like butter! On the more expensive side so be careful with appetizers and salads, but the dinner meals are filling so didn't really need apps or salad. Will definitely be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-rate seafoodgrampam916Dined on 7/25/2014Three of us dined for celebratory lunch; all three loved their respective dishes---prawns cooked to perfection, lettuce ahi wraps and spicy crab soup, snapper tacos. In every case, the seafood was cooked to perfection, and the flavors/seasonings were just right. We will definitly return for more !Special Features:
- Mac Halibut is THE BEST!ubetDined on 7/22/2014I enjoy this eatery. I was invited to the Mother's Day brunch. YUM! It was exceptional. My first trip was probably 1995. Never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- figubeduDined on 7/21/2014excellent food selection, presence, taste and service.............Special Features:
- Great SeafoodvangoDined on 7/20/2014Scott's did not disappoint. The food was excellent. I had the Ahi and my wife had the halibut. The service was spot on. We informed the waitperson it was our anniversary and the restaurant comped our dessert.Special Features:
- fishloverDined on 7/20/2014Good (tasting) food and excellent (friendly) service. It's a little pricey since everything (including salad) are ALL alacarte. Would not have been able to go if not for Groupon. We went to celebrate our anniversary and it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer DisserviceSalmonloverDined on 7/13/2014Salmon had to be sent back TWICE to be cooked all the way through. Manager came over, but offered excuses instead of apologies. This was a birthday dinner that turned out disastrously. We've eaten at Scoma's, Fisherman Grotto #9 and even Scott's in Walnut Creek, and never had to send the salmon back even ONCE in at least 50 servings. If the manager had acted as if she gave a care, I still would have been OK. Mistakes do happen. But callousness should not -- especially when it comes to customer service.
- NYStripNYStripDined on 7/11/2014Scott's has been a favorite for a long time. Consistently good food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood is real goodjimmeepDined on 7/11/2014Everything was good. The waitress was a little off with her humor, but okay. When I was ready to pay, she made some weird comment, nothing that I'll remember. Took a little long to take my Visa. You know, when your ready to go - you want to go. Come cash me out. Food was really good. I ordered the special, Seabass. I didn't think much about it other than it was very tasty. But knowing the texture of seabass, I came to believe it may have been halibut. Seabass is a softer meat, but maybe I think too much. Anyway I was hungry and it was served over rice and I ate it all. It was great. The food has always been good so I'll be back and get the seabass again and see if I'm crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanDDined on 7/9/2014Service was great, food was good (seared ahi and shrimp pasta).Special Features:
- Tasty, consistentBigFanOfPettyDined on 7/9/2014We go every year for our anniversary, and always enjoy the food/service. Our wish is that they expand their creative culinary pallet, as we've now tried most of the dishes we'd like to try, and would like the chef to get more creative. For example, the 1st time we went they had a fish that was covered with carnitas and a salsa, was outstanding. That was one of 3 specials that night. Unfortunately, on the most recent visit, the only special offered was a barley soup. They've got great quality...just hope they mix it up a bit more.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesNateVIPDined on 7/8/2014Always good food and service. My wife had the swordfish and I had a burger and a beer for a change. Michelle was our waitress and did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.