Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
9611 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: 9169896711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday 4pm - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Dunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Dunn will create custom menus for any size of event, from intimate chef dinners to garden parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Board Room will accommodate an intimate party of up to 16 guests. Private Patio dining is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hughes 9169896711
A word from Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
Voted the Sacramento area's best seafood restaurant for the past 16 years, Scott's is always on the hunt for the freshest and best sustainable seafood available, served by a friendly knowledgeable staff in a comfortable elegant setting. Whether your tastes run to steak, pasta, chicken or vegetarian, Scott's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (46)romantic (38)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (12)scenic view (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Another Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday on Saturday. Our food is always good and attentive service. My sister made a special dessert for our friend so we skipped dessert. The waiter said to come back and get a birthday dessert our next time. I had the skirt steak which is always tender, even the next day when reheated. That is a sign of quality meat. My friend was annoyed because her niece ate her leftovers. We live in Folsom and we've gone to Scott's for years. Always a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Waited 15 minutes for someone to wait on us. Apologized and then forgot what to bring all mu order. Apologized and said I will buy you dessert. Brought us Crème Brulee and charged us $8.50 for it. Apologized and took it back to correct. I ordered Fish & Chips ($17) and it was the worst I have ever had. Little tiny pieces over coated and cooked to long. French fries under done and could not eat them. Not going back.
- So amazing....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014What a find. I booked a reservation here to take my wife out for much needed alone time, and to show her how special she is to me. We have 4 kids, aged 1 years to 12 years old, so we rarely get that alone time to connect. I work full time and go to school part time, while my wife is a full time student. It's hard to find time just for us. And Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar was the perfect choice. Great service, amazing food, and the drinks were superb. Quality choices for any dining style. This is a place to go to, and more importantly, go back to. This will be a go to, romantic place for us. Worth every penny, and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinning experianceklangstonesDined on 9/12/2014Great Server. Fantastic Food. Hard not to all it all. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great dinner!esterVIPDined on 9/11/2014Started with oysters and shrimp cocktail. The men loved the oysters, shrimp cocktail great too.The macadamia nut crusted fish and fish special were both fabulous! The fish was just as good as the fish we had recently in Hawaii. Spinach salad was just ok..needed little more dressing or something.Special Features:
- Scott's FolsomDinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014My wife loves oysters on the half shell, so Scott's has been our go to restaurant for special occasions, like our anniversary. This visit was exceptionally good. My wife got her oysters, and I had the excellent Boston Clam Chowder. She then had the special, sea bass, which she has continued to talk about as it was so good. I had what I believe was a new menu item, sauteed lobster, shrimp and scallops with pasta, and like my wife's meal, it was excellent.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/9/2014Had to wait several minutes to be seated when tables were available, but had arrived early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLovesTheCaliforniaRedsDined on 9/9/2014One word sums up the service, quality of seafood and service - excellent. Compliments your Chef and GM Tim. DR in Fair OaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott' is DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The decor was dated and chairs were stacked in the main walkway. The Caesar salad was a disappointment with watery dressing if any, no grated Parmesan, nor crisp croutons. The Louie salad had very fishy crab (too old) arranged on one round leaf of iceberg lettuce. The main courses seem to please the guests, but the lobster tail, arrived later because the first tail was burned in the kitchen. We were compensated for that problem with a complimentary dessert. The desserts on the menu were disappointing too. The Creme Carmel was undercooked so the texture was poor The warm brownie with ice cream turned out to be the best of what we ordered. The rest could have be store bought in the freezer section and perhaps they were from some freezer.
- place to go for seafood in FolsomSteveWVIPDined on 9/3/2014We continue to return to Scott's Seafood for lunch and dinner. The extensive menu, the quality of the food and the professional service are outstanding. Our most recent dinner exemplifies why this restaurant is recognized as one of the best in the Sacramento area. When I couldn't find exactly the seafood dinner entree I wanted on the menu (scallops alone, not paired with something else), our server Brent said, "Why don't you just build the entree you want?" So I ordered Jumbo Scallops, rice pilaf and grilled asparagus -- exactly what I wanted! Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!love2eatDined on 8/31/2014We had a great anniversary dinner with great service and our dessert thrown in because it was our anniversary!! We've had dinner there now four times and are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy waiting or tableLovesTheCaliforniaRedsDined on 8/30/20141. Arrived on time and there seemed to be some confusion with Scott hostess and delay in seating our party of 2 at one of the 5 open tables. Minus points. 2. Seated at a tight table for 2 located next to the busy stair way and a loud table of eight or ten. Where 4 parents (one loud guy) allowed their kids to keep bouncing from one end of the table to the other; lacked ambiance. Minus points. (At this point I was ready to leave or go sit in the some what empty bar and quiet bar) 3. Service was average to good; except - hurried and needs training on the "how to" pour of a bottle of wine, who gets the cork and the napkin wrap offered at other table service. Minus points. You excellent chef does not compensate for 1-3.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We have been going to Scotts for years both in the Bay Area and Folsom. It never disappoints! My husband had the fried prawns and sweet potatoe fries and I had the halibut. Both were delicious. We usually go to Scotts for a special occasion (this was our anniversary), but may go back sooner just for the prawns.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner and a lovely time . My wife and I plan on going back for lunch very soon and will also be back to enjoy happy hour at the bar along with some appitizers.Special Features:
- BrickDined on 8/28/2014The food was great. We had the tuna sandwich andf it was very tasty.Special Features:
- MrsWDined on 8/27/2014Excellent restaurant, wait staff is friendly and very social and the food was outstanding. This was our wedding anniversary and I asked to be seated in a quiet part of the restaurant away from large groups and noisy children. Our wish was addressed and we had a table in a quiet corner and the restaurant was super busy that night.Special Features:
- New menu at Scott'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/26/2014It was nice to go to Scott's on a fairly quiet Tuesday for an early dinner. As almost always, my special requests were fulfilled. There is a new menu with interesting additions. We tried one, a basil pesto and prawn dish served over capellini pasta. It was very good. I'm glad that the old favorites are still on the menu under "Classics".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Bay Area quality, superior service. Hard to find in sacramento area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DreadfulMikeDined on 8/16/2014OMG! This supposed to be a great place? Other than the oysters (served raw) every prepared dish was dreadful. Dreadful! And this was on a Saturday night. I had to apologize to my girl. That's just the food. The waitress was okay, but watching her try to uncork a wine bottle was sad. She tried three times and expressed concern about how dry the corks were. Top it off with a lousy view. Scott's Folsom overlooks a construction site that, according to our waitress, had been there 10 years. Surely there is a better destination for you in Folsom.
- Even better than beforenotimpressedDined on 8/16/2014Scott's has always been very good but it seems they've been able to take it up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Scott'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 7 for our August family birthday lunch. Everyone loved their meal, including a special order (my husband gets bacon on everything). I had cioppino, it was SOOO good. My other favorite is the Pacific Rim salad. Our waiter remembered us from a February lunch. The service was excellent - attentive but in no way annoying. We have 4 August birthdays and they all got a free dessert of their choosing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our Wedding AnniversaryCrusaderDined on 8/15/2014Food and Staff were excellent. Would definitely go back for any special occasion.Special Features:
- HobinsDelightDined on 8/15/2014The food was just what I expected....We frequented the "Lowemen's Plaza" location and feel you folks need to be back in Carmichael.....or the skirts of Sacramento.....We were sorry to see that location go..... The crab bisque I could eat forever.....the soul fish was perfect; along with the sides.....and the dessert, well what's there to say....YUM !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodMannasteelDined on 8/14/2014I had heard so much about this restaurant and was really excited to try it out. We were seated promptly at our reservation time with no waiting. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable and for the most part, our experience was good. The bar was very noisy and someone kept dropping dishes into a receptacle creating a lot of noise. It's my number one complaint in a restaurant. I can handle the noise from other people but excessive noise from a staff that is not mindful is bothersome. My wife had the wild salmon and as this was our anniversary I had the filet and lobster. Honestly, the filet was terrific as were the mashed potatoes, green beans, and julienned carrots. My wife's veggies were overcooked and my lobster was not cooked through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambience.LocalFavDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife to this favorite local restaurant for our Anniversary. Just right atmosphere. We could talk, enjoy our dinner and the occasion.Special Features:
- Consistantly good foodFergyjoeDined on 8/12/2014Scott's is no newcomer but is, and has always been, a consistently reliable place to meet friends, enjoy a date or just have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantfoodieDined on 8/10/2014We had a great spot in a booth that we requested. The food and wine the waiter recommended was fantastic and the dessert was so good we could have licked the plate clean. Will definitely be back. The view out the window isn't the best because of the storage of big trucks across the street. Seems planting some more flowering trees and maybe light up with twinkle lights would soften it. It still won't distract us coming back.Special Features:
- wife's birthdaycreepybinnyDined on 8/9/2014I had the ribeye and the wife had the halibut. Both were great. She had a glass of stags leap chardonnay and i had a Grey goose over the rocks to toast her BDAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lettyDined on 8/8/2014We always have a great dinner at Scotts. We try to have dinner there at least once a month.Special Features:
- great serviceSacramentofoodieDined on 8/8/2014We recently had lunch here and the service was outstanding. We enjoyed the bisque and halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Friendly hostess, excellent server, terrible meals. After many satisfied occasions at Scotts on the River, I'd hoped the same for this locale. Took a friend for her birthday, we both ordered halibut after being told the chef says all the fish was fresh. The entire meal had the consistency of a microwaved frozen dinner. Fish, potatoes, vegetables all very tough and dry, but thankfully served with a sauce to moisten the food with. Not what one would expect from a $27 main entrée, or from a restaurant that uses the word 'seafood' in its name.
- nice choice for lunchSteveWVIPDined on 8/5/2014I brought two out-of-town guests to Scott's Seafood (Folsom) for lunch. They both commented on the extensive menu and the restaurant's ambiance. We each appreciated our individual entrees -- the Crab melt, a Shrimp Caesar salad, and Crab cakes. We didn't order any wines but there were some appealing options on the wine list. Scott's is a good choice for lunch in the Folsom area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyJohnnyKDined on 8/3/2014It's been awhile since our last visit to Scott's in Folsom and one of the reasons that we don't do it regularly is because I feel that it's very expensive for the overall dining experience. My group found the food to be average with the fresh side vegetables either undercooked or tough. In my case, the Jerk Swordfish was good, but the portion was small and the coconut shrimp was overcooked. The best part of the experience was having $200 worth of gift cards to pay for it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as AlwaysspinosigDined on 8/2/2014Went to Scott's, Folsom for a casual Sat Night Dinner and again was so pleased with the food and service. I had been craving the Jerk Swordfish since I last had it there a few months ago- this is a dish to groan over as you eat! Incredible. Carissa, our server was great!!! We are never dissappointed at Scott's - will continue to eat here time and tme again!Special Features:
- Good foodfudlvrDined on 8/2/2014I felt the menu was pricey. The waitress had too many tables. We were very annoyed by flies. I had told them it was my moms 82 birthday but no one told the waitress. Music was too loud for my mom to participate in the conversation. Disappointed for what I spent.Special Features:
- Seafood CravingsInfiniti35Dined on 8/1/2014We visited for the first time on Friday August 1st. The first thing we noticed was that all the servers seemed like they knew all their customers. Very welcoming and friendly. The second thing was the blue cheese dressing, which is the BEST I have ever had! I was informed it is made there. Lastly, the dinner was awesome! My husband had lobster and I had scallops. We had been craving these, and we thoroughly enjoyed! Its nice to have an option to the steakhouses that serve seafood, a specialty restaurant for when we want just something from the sea...Special Features:
- GreatplaceButchuDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner! The service was great and the prices were reasonableSpecial Features:
- Dependable seafoodMitchDined on 8/1/2014I have always loved Scott's. Lunch or dinner, every meal has been wonderful. And if you love oysters hit Thursday happy hour for them at bargain prices.Special Features:
- Good experienceLuckyDined on 7/26/2014Good dining experience. Arrived early and had appetizers in bar. Checked in with Hostess who said she would come and get us at our reservation time. I had to remind her fifteen minutes after our scheduled reservation. Being forgotten by one preoccupied hostess was only negative in an excellent seafood and table service experience.Special Features:
- special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The menu, food and service were very good. Lots of attentive attention from the waiter and other's who kept our glasses filled at all times. Food was delicious. Had the filet and lobster and the steak was so tender it was like butter! On the more expensive side so be careful with appetizers and salads, but the dinner meals are filling so didn't really need apps or salad. Will definitely be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.