Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
9611 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: (916) 989-6711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday 4pm - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Dunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Dunn will create custom menus for any size of event, from intimate chef dinners to garden parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Board Room will accommodate an intimate party of up to 16 guests. Private Patio dining is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hughes 9169896711
A word from Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
Voted the Sacramento area's best seafood restaurant for the past 16 years, Scott's is always on the hunt for the freshest and best sustainable seafood available, served by a friendly knowledgeable staff in a comfortable elegant setting. Whether your tastes run to steak, pasta, chicken or vegetarian, Scott's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (51)romantic (45)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (33)great for lunch (30)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Scott's has always been a favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014We always enjoy eating here when we come into town. The petrale sole is always good! The raspberry jack dessert tasted a little different to us this time - maybe a change in the triple sec? It is a nice restaurant to enjoy with friends but it can be rather noisy (even on A Monday night). The service is good and staff are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum seafoodJarvisDined on 11/22/2014I have never been to Scott's before so made a reservation for a booth or banquette on a Saturday night...reservation was for 7pm and about 7:10 the hostess said a table was available but only with chairs. However a booth should be available in 10-15 minutes. So we waited since I have a bad back. It wasn't since people were lingering which I understand. By 7:45 a banquette opened up and we took it. While waiting the entry way is cold since the door is always opening and yes we were cold! I guess what I didn't like was that the reservation was made over open table earlier in the week and no attempt was made to have a banquette or booth available around our reservation time. The food however was delicious and thoroughly enjoyed! Yes I will return but not on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real deal for SeafoodMikeDined on 11/14/2014We enjoyed halibut and red snapper for dinner. There really is not a quality alternative in our neck of the woods for fresh seafood. Fortunately, Scott's delivers the real deal with a variety of fish that are delicately prepared with great sauces. They also have a variety of fresh oysters which, again, I wouldn't dare try elsewhere in the suburbs, but it is clearly fresh here. We had a great evening. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!DineOutDivaDined on 11/12/2014Been here several times, always a consistent, stellar experience. Great friendly service, outstanding food and very accommodating to special requests. Noise level is actually quiet, I'm not able to rate it that way the app must be having problems so know this is NOT a noisy restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK dinnerJustme2Dined on 11/10/2014Looking forward to a special dinner, and we were sadly disappointed. First the good - the server was great about making substitutions for a special diet. Not so good: The filet mignon arrived seriously overcooked, but I credit them for insisting on sending a replacement. Unfortunately, the second filet was also overcooked but not as bad as the first. The cut was not as thick as expected and took quite a bit of chewing - not the melt-in-your-mouth tenderness of a really good filet. The mahimahi special was good but not particularly noteworthy. The server described the dish as sitting on a bed of sweet potato hash, and there were a few sweet potatoes mixed in, but overall it was a white potato hash, thus would not have been my choice.Special Features:
- Another Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Our group of 6 had another lovely evening at Scotts. The bar is delightful and the food was delicious. The Halibut in particular was excellent. The lobster cooked perfectly and the oysters as fresh as can be.Special Features:
- Always fresh, well-prepared fishBigFanOfPettyDined on 11/8/2014Each time we come, we have solid service, fresh fish, and tasty appetizers. While their basic menu offers quality choices, we've been most impressed when they get imaginative on their daily specials (loved one dish that had pork carnitas on top of fish!). Our one wish is that they'd use that creativity to a greater extent. Still, a solid go-to for special occasions.Special Features:
- ServerAnniversaryDinnerDined on 11/7/2014Our server was Brad. He was EXCELLENT. Very attentive made good menu suggestions, know what and how things were prepared. He made us feel like we were old regulars who came there every week. Most importantly when I said, "Thank you" he said "You're welcome." NOT "no problem"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFarleyJeanDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated my son's birthday here- with just a small group. The atmosphere was fine and so was the food. My son ordered a shrimp pasta dish that he said was okay. I ordered the shrimp skewers, serve on mashed potatoes and spinach. It was very good. My daughter just ordered a large salad. It was beautiful. All in all, it was a good dinner. The server was very polite and helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Food was ok. Appetizer size was disappointingly meager. The chef managed to overcook the shrimp on my dish while also slightly undercooking the scallops at the same time. What a feat! Steak was cooked as ordered. Portion size for entrees was fairly substantial.Special Features:
- No more skirt steakmejojoDined on 10/24/2014We had been craving the skirt steak, the only thing I order there as I do not eat seafood. Was disappointed to find it's no longer on the menu. Settled for the chicken breast......there really are not too many "walkers" choices. Food was "eh". Overpriced for what you get, average on flavor. It could be because I had the bitter taste of disappointment stuck in my mouth. Brent, our favorite server anywhere, was fantastic & super attentive, as usual.
- great for seafoodLovetoLunchDined on 10/22/2014My husband often go for a nice lunch. This one of the places that is among our favorites. It offers a variety of choices of seafood. They are reasonably priced and the service is good. We drive from half an hour away to dine here and it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodNateVIPDined on 10/21/2014It was a little cool sitting next to the window. We asked to be moved and the maitre'd complied quickly. Scott's is always consistently great. Jacob S. was our server and did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaytrollDined on 10/20/2014It was my wife's 62nd birthday and it could not have worked out better. She loves the halibut and enjoys picking something new from the wine list. Since it was a Monday night I was not sure how the service and atmosphere would be but everything was fine. We have 3 or 4 group dinners a year with our friends and I am going to suggest Scott's. We usually go to two other places because they are a little bit cheaper for our fixed incomes, but I think the food and service is more than worth it and will convey this to our friends. Thanks again for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and service!DaddoopaulDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our 32 anniversary at Scott's, which was our first visit to the restaurant. We each had the Salmon, which was cooked to perfection, as were the vegetables. The server was at our tableside enough, but didn't hover. She was not only very pretty, she really knew her job. To top off our excellent meal and beautiful evening, they gave us a raspberry sundae to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityCfoodluvrDined on 10/18/2014We have dined here for years and our experience has always been rewarding for us frequent regional diners......great seafood, excellent service , and a good value.Special Features:
- Still Great Food and ServicetennistoniDined on 10/13/2014It had been quite awhile since I had been here, too long. Food and service were excellent. A friend and I had not seen each other in a few years and we were recalling good times and getting current with events in our lives. Staff never rushed us and we talked for a long time after dinner. My friend really liked the place, he was from out of town and has traveled around the world, so I think that says a lot.Special Features:
- Delicious food, service outstandingRonWDined on 10/12/2014My adult son asked for special preparation due to severe dietary restrictions and was advised by server Kathy that she would ensure his requests would be easily handled. He had filet and scallops with sautéed spinach instead of mashed potatoes, and they were prepared perfectly. I had prawn cocktail and a crab Louie. Both were delicious.Special Features:
- Perfection!JazzladyDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary, and we chose Scott's as our restaurant of choice. It was a perfect evening from start to finish. The place was packed with people for dinner and at the bar area. Our server, Ann, was attentive, took pictures for us, and was very knowledgeable about the drinks and food. We dined on clam chowder, a greens and pear salad, macadamia nut-crusted halibut, filet mignon, and everything was spectacular. For dessert, the raspberry jack was the perfect ending to the meal! Our celebration was a huge success!! Thank you, Scott's Seafood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGoonerDined on 10/6/2014It was the 2nd straight year our family went to Scott's for my wife's birthday. As always, the standard was very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed again!davesfavesDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I love Scott's Seafood Restaurant. Would highly recommend to all foodies. The food is consistently out of this world and prepared to perfection. Cudos to the chef and his/her staff who apparently do not let anything out of the kitchen unless it meets the highest standards of presentation and excellence. Even though we live over an hour away, we will make sure to come back as often as we can. We will most likely make an excuse to be in the area just so we can visit again. It was a little noisy, but it was the playoffs and the Giants were playing and "beating" up Washington. (YAY)Special Features:
- Great for nice meal out anytime!RudyTDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Scott's this weekend and we were very pleased with the food service and ourdoor seating. It wasn't our fist time there, but they never seem to disappoint. My wife had the special (Barramundi) and I had the swordfish. Both dishers were prepared perfectly and very tasty. No complaints at all really, other than the price of the raw oysters was $3 ea. We'll wait and come back on Thurday nights when they are featured for $1.75 ea. Oh, and a nice touch at the end, the waiter brought by a delicious fresh berries, ice cream and whip cream dessert on the house to help us celebrate. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodBelleDined on 10/4/2014The service was very good with the exception that the waitness misunderstood my order but she took it back and very promptly returned with the item I'd ordered. A person in my party order a steak and it was so raw had to be returned and cooked longer. He learned when you go to a seafood restaurant order seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality slippingBohemianDined on 10/3/2014We love this restaurant and go there often, especially when we have out-of-town guests. The last two times we have ordered the filet and were unpleasantly surprised at the huge quantities of salt in the gravy and in the rub. This had not happened in all our previous visits and spoiled an otherwise happy birthday event. We would not recommend any beef dish, especially if it came with brown gravy. We will continue to frequent this restaurant but will not order the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great timeTandMloveDined on 10/3/2014My wife loves steak and I love fish. Scott's Seafood Folsom is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningthekidDined on 9/27/2014Our server, Beth was great and Tim, the GM was a wonderful host. Our food was delicious and the evening was just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillDined on 9/21/2014Always great food at well worth prices! Have not had a bad meal there. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Needs a LiftRiverRatDined on 9/21/2014our group was very disappointed when we drove up to the restaurant. The exterior needs updating and the entrance is not inviting. The inside mirrors the outside and the view is downright ugly because of all the Construction Equipment stored across the street. It took 10 minutes to be acknowledged and the restaurant was not crowded. We had a table of 5 and all of us rated the food about a two maybe three for the soup. Scotts on the river off I-5 is wonderful and our entire family eats there often.
- Loved ithasaniDined on 9/20/2014The food and service was great can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again - Greatalan1018Dined on 9/20/2014This was our second visit to Scott's and there will be many more. Service, friendly but not overbearing and not rushed. Food was excellent with generous but not obscenely large portions. The only disappointment was we had a late Saturday night reservation and they were already out of their swordfish special. Our server did advise us of this the moment we were seated. Plenty of other great menu choices, just feel that specials on Saturday night should last throughout the seating - also understand that no one wants to eat day old fish. Plan to visit many times in the future.Special Features:
- Good Seafood restaurant in FolsomOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014I've been to a couple of other Scott's and this one is consistent with the others. They have a nice bar plus private rooms for larger (maybe20 people). The noise level was surprisingly muted for such a crowded place. The service was very good though the entrees took a little long to come out though the server did keep us informed. Started with ahi lettuce wraps which were really fresh-tasting with a nice wasabi sauce. I had the crab bisque which was just ok. I should have asked for some hot sauce to give it a little more zing. Had the lobster tail which was good, though small. Would't order that again. One member of our party had the roasted chicken which was surpriisingly good. I gave it four stars across though I rounded up.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed dinner, very good food selection, restaurant was somewhat noisy and conversation difficult could use some sound deadening drapes or suchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday on Saturday. Our food is always good and attentive service. My sister made a special dessert for our friend so we skipped dessert. The waiter said to come back and get a birthday dessert our next time. I had the skirt steak which is always tender, even the next day when reheated. That is a sign of quality meat. My friend was annoyed because her niece ate her leftovers. We live in Folsom and we've gone to Scott's for years. Always a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricesStevoDined on 9/13/2014Waited 15 minutes for someone to wait on us. Apologized and then forgot what to bring all mu order. Apologized and said I will buy you dessert. Brought us Crème Brulee and charged us $8.50 for it. Apologized and took it back to correct. I ordered Fish & Chips ($17) and it was the worst I have ever had. Little tiny pieces over coated and cooked to long. French fries under done and could not eat them. Not going back.
- So amazing....michaelbrown1226Dined on 9/12/2014What a find. I booked a reservation here to take my wife out for much needed alone time, and to show her how special she is to me. We have 4 kids, aged 1 years to 12 years old, so we rarely get that alone time to connect. I work full time and go to school part time, while my wife is a full time student. It's hard to find time just for us. And Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar was the perfect choice. Great service, amazing food, and the drinks were superb. Quality choices for any dining style. This is a place to go to, and more importantly, go back to. This will be a go to, romantic place for us. Worth every penny, and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinning experianceklangstonesDined on 9/12/2014Great Server. Fantastic Food. Hard not to all it all. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great dinner!esterVIPDined on 9/11/2014Started with oysters and shrimp cocktail. The men loved the oysters, shrimp cocktail great too.The macadamia nut crusted fish and fish special were both fabulous! The fish was just as good as the fish we had recently in Hawaii. Spinach salad was just ok..needed little more dressing or something.Special Features:
- Scott's FolsomDinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014My wife loves oysters on the half shell, so Scott's has been our go to restaurant for special occasions, like our anniversary. This visit was exceptionally good. My wife got her oysters, and I had the excellent Boston Clam Chowder. She then had the special, sea bass, which she has continued to talk about as it was so good. I had what I believe was a new menu item, sauteed lobster, shrimp and scallops with pasta, and like my wife's meal, it was excellent.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/9/2014Had to wait several minutes to be seated when tables were available, but had arrived early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLovesTheCaliforniaRedsDined on 9/9/2014One word sums up the service, quality of seafood and service - excellent. Compliments your Chef and GM Tim. DR in Fair OaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.