Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
9611 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: 9169896711
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday 4pm - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Dunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Dunn will create custom menus for any size of event, from intimate chef dinners to garden parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Board Room will accommodate an intimate party of up to 16 guests. Private Patio dining is also available.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hughes 9169896711
A word from Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom
Voted the Sacramento area's best seafood restaurant for the past 16 years, Scott's is always on the hunt for the freshest and best sustainable seafood available, served by a friendly knowledgeable staff in a comfortable elegant setting. Whether your tastes run to steak, pasta, chicken or vegetarian, Scott's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom - Best Restaurants in Folsom ›
Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar - Folsom reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (50)romantic (45)great for lunch (40)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- A mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Food was ok. Appetizer size was disappointingly meager. The chef managed to overcook the shrimp on my dish while also slightly undercooking the scallops at the same time. What a feat! Steak was cooked as ordered. Portion size for entrees was fairly substantial.Special Features:
- No more skirt steakmejojoDined on 10/24/2014We had been craving the skirt steak, the only thing I order there as I do not eat seafood. Was disappointed to find it's no longer on the menu. Settled for the chicken breast......there really are not too many "walkers" choices. Food was "eh". Overpriced for what you get, average on flavor. It could be because I had the bitter taste of disappointment stuck in my mouth. Brent, our favorite server anywhere, was fantastic & super attentive, as usual.
- great for seafoodLovetoLunchDined on 10/22/2014My husband often go for a nice lunch. This one of the places that is among our favorites. It offers a variety of choices of seafood. They are reasonably priced and the service is good. We drive from half an hour away to dine here and it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodNateVIPDined on 10/21/2014It was a little cool sitting next to the window. We asked to be moved and the maitre'd complied quickly. Scott's is always consistently great. Jacob S. was our server and did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaytrollDined on 10/20/2014It was my wife's 62nd birthday and it could not have worked out better. She loves the halibut and enjoys picking something new from the wine list. Since it was a Monday night I was not sure how the service and atmosphere would be but everything was fine. We have 3 or 4 group dinners a year with our friends and I am going to suggest Scott's. We usually go to two other places because they are a little bit cheaper for our fixed incomes, but I think the food and service is more than worth it and will convey this to our friends. Thanks again for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and service!DaddoopaulDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our 32 anniversary at Scott's, which was our first visit to the restaurant. We each had the Salmon, which was cooked to perfection, as were the vegetables. The server was at our tableside enough, but didn't hover. She was not only very pretty, she really knew her job. To top off our excellent meal and beautiful evening, they gave us a raspberry sundae to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityCfoodluvrDined on 10/18/2014We have dined here for years and our experience has always been rewarding for us frequent regional diners......great seafood, excellent service , and a good value.Special Features:
- Still Great Food and ServicetennistoniDined on 10/13/2014It had been quite awhile since I had been here, too long. Food and service were excellent. A friend and I had not seen each other in a few years and we were recalling good times and getting current with events in our lives. Staff never rushed us and we talked for a long time after dinner. My friend really liked the place, he was from out of town and has traveled around the world, so I think that says a lot.Special Features:
- Delicious food, service outstandingRonWDined on 10/12/2014My adult son asked for special preparation due to severe dietary restrictions and was advised by server Kathy that she would ensure his requests would be easily handled. He had filet and scallops with sautéed spinach instead of mashed potatoes, and they were prepared perfectly. I had prawn cocktail and a crab Louie. Both were delicious.Special Features:
- Perfection!JazzladyDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary, and we chose Scott's as our restaurant of choice. It was a perfect evening from start to finish. The place was packed with people for dinner and at the bar area. Our server, Ann, was attentive, took pictures for us, and was very knowledgeable about the drinks and food. We dined on clam chowder, a greens and pear salad, macadamia nut-crusted halibut, filet mignon, and everything was spectacular. For dessert, the raspberry jack was the perfect ending to the meal! Our celebration was a huge success!! Thank you, Scott's Seafood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGoonerDined on 10/6/2014It was the 2nd straight year our family went to Scott's for my wife's birthday. As always, the standard was very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed again!davesfavesDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I love Scott's Seafood Restaurant. Would highly recommend to all foodies. The food is consistently out of this world and prepared to perfection. Cudos to the chef and his/her staff who apparently do not let anything out of the kitchen unless it meets the highest standards of presentation and excellence. Even though we live over an hour away, we will make sure to come back as often as we can. We will most likely make an excuse to be in the area just so we can visit again. It was a little noisy, but it was the playoffs and the Giants were playing and "beating" up Washington. (YAY)Special Features:
- Great for nice meal out anytime!RudyTDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Scott's this weekend and we were very pleased with the food service and ourdoor seating. It wasn't our fist time there, but they never seem to disappoint. My wife had the special (Barramundi) and I had the swordfish. Both dishers were prepared perfectly and very tasty. No complaints at all really, other than the price of the raw oysters was $3 ea. We'll wait and come back on Thurday nights when they are featured for $1.75 ea. Oh, and a nice touch at the end, the waiter brought by a delicious fresh berries, ice cream and whip cream dessert on the house to help us celebrate. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodBelleDined on 10/4/2014The service was very good with the exception that the waitness misunderstood my order but she took it back and very promptly returned with the item I'd ordered. A person in my party order a steak and it was so raw had to be returned and cooked longer. He learned when you go to a seafood restaurant order seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality slippingBohemianDined on 10/3/2014We love this restaurant and go there often, especially when we have out-of-town guests. The last two times we have ordered the filet and were unpleasantly surprised at the huge quantities of salt in the gravy and in the rub. This had not happened in all our previous visits and spoiled an otherwise happy birthday event. We would not recommend any beef dish, especially if it came with brown gravy. We will continue to frequent this restaurant but will not order the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great timeTandMloveDined on 10/3/2014My wife loves steak and I love fish. Scott's Seafood Folsom is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningthekidDined on 9/27/2014Our server, Beth was great and Tim, the GM was a wonderful host. Our food was delicious and the evening was just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillDined on 9/21/2014Always great food at well worth prices! Have not had a bad meal there. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Needs a LiftRiverRatDined on 9/21/2014our group was very disappointed when we drove up to the restaurant. The exterior needs updating and the entrance is not inviting. The inside mirrors the outside and the view is downright ugly because of all the Construction Equipment stored across the street. It took 10 minutes to be acknowledged and the restaurant was not crowded. We had a table of 5 and all of us rated the food about a two maybe three for the soup. Scotts on the river off I-5 is wonderful and our entire family eats there often.
- Loved ithasaniDined on 9/20/2014The food and service was great can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again - Greatalan1018Dined on 9/20/2014This was our second visit to Scott's and there will be many more. Service, friendly but not overbearing and not rushed. Food was excellent with generous but not obscenely large portions. The only disappointment was we had a late Saturday night reservation and they were already out of their swordfish special. Our server did advise us of this the moment we were seated. Plenty of other great menu choices, just feel that specials on Saturday night should last throughout the seating - also understand that no one wants to eat day old fish. Plan to visit many times in the future.Special Features:
- Good Seafood restaurant in FolsomOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014I've been to a couple of other Scott's and this one is consistent with the others. They have a nice bar plus private rooms for larger (maybe20 people). The noise level was surprisingly muted for such a crowded place. The service was very good though the entrees took a little long to come out though the server did keep us informed. Started with ahi lettuce wraps which were really fresh-tasting with a nice wasabi sauce. I had the crab bisque which was just ok. I should have asked for some hot sauce to give it a little more zing. Had the lobster tail which was good, though small. Would't order that again. One member of our party had the roasted chicken which was surpriisingly good. I gave it four stars across though I rounded up.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed dinner, very good food selection, restaurant was somewhat noisy and conversation difficult could use some sound deadening drapes or suchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday on Saturday. Our food is always good and attentive service. My sister made a special dessert for our friend so we skipped dessert. The waiter said to come back and get a birthday dessert our next time. I had the skirt steak which is always tender, even the next day when reheated. That is a sign of quality meat. My friend was annoyed because her niece ate her leftovers. We live in Folsom and we've gone to Scott's for years. Always a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricesStevoDined on 9/13/2014Waited 15 minutes for someone to wait on us. Apologized and then forgot what to bring all mu order. Apologized and said I will buy you dessert. Brought us Crème Brulee and charged us $8.50 for it. Apologized and took it back to correct. I ordered Fish & Chips ($17) and it was the worst I have ever had. Little tiny pieces over coated and cooked to long. French fries under done and could not eat them. Not going back.
- So amazing....michaelbrown1226Dined on 9/12/2014What a find. I booked a reservation here to take my wife out for much needed alone time, and to show her how special she is to me. We have 4 kids, aged 1 years to 12 years old, so we rarely get that alone time to connect. I work full time and go to school part time, while my wife is a full time student. It's hard to find time just for us. And Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar was the perfect choice. Great service, amazing food, and the drinks were superb. Quality choices for any dining style. This is a place to go to, and more importantly, go back to. This will be a go to, romantic place for us. Worth every penny, and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinning experianceklangstonesDined on 9/12/2014Great Server. Fantastic Food. Hard not to all it all. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great dinner!esterVIPDined on 9/11/2014Started with oysters and shrimp cocktail. The men loved the oysters, shrimp cocktail great too.The macadamia nut crusted fish and fish special were both fabulous! The fish was just as good as the fish we had recently in Hawaii. Spinach salad was just ok..needed little more dressing or something.Special Features:
- Scott's FolsomDinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014My wife loves oysters on the half shell, so Scott's has been our go to restaurant for special occasions, like our anniversary. This visit was exceptionally good. My wife got her oysters, and I had the excellent Boston Clam Chowder. She then had the special, sea bass, which she has continued to talk about as it was so good. I had what I believe was a new menu item, sauteed lobster, shrimp and scallops with pasta, and like my wife's meal, it was excellent.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/9/2014Had to wait several minutes to be seated when tables were available, but had arrived early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLovesTheCaliforniaRedsDined on 9/9/2014One word sums up the service, quality of seafood and service - excellent. Compliments your Chef and GM Tim. DR in Fair OaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott' is DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The decor was dated and chairs were stacked in the main walkway. The Caesar salad was a disappointment with watery dressing if any, no grated Parmesan, nor crisp croutons. The Louie salad had very fishy crab (too old) arranged on one round leaf of iceberg lettuce. The main courses seem to please the guests, but the lobster tail, arrived later because the first tail was burned in the kitchen. We were compensated for that problem with a complimentary dessert. The desserts on the menu were disappointing too. The Creme Carmel was undercooked so the texture was poor The warm brownie with ice cream turned out to be the best of what we ordered. The rest could have be store bought in the freezer section and perhaps they were from some freezer.
- place to go for seafood in FolsomSteveWVIPDined on 9/3/2014We continue to return to Scott's Seafood for lunch and dinner. The extensive menu, the quality of the food and the professional service are outstanding. Our most recent dinner exemplifies why this restaurant is recognized as one of the best in the Sacramento area. When I couldn't find exactly the seafood dinner entree I wanted on the menu (scallops alone, not paired with something else), our server Brent said, "Why don't you just build the entree you want?" So I ordered Jumbo Scallops, rice pilaf and grilled asparagus -- exactly what I wanted! Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!love2eatDined on 8/31/2014We had a great anniversary dinner with great service and our dessert thrown in because it was our anniversary!! We've had dinner there now four times and are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy waiting or tableLovesTheCaliforniaRedsDined on 8/30/20141. Arrived on time and there seemed to be some confusion with Scott hostess and delay in seating our party of 2 at one of the 5 open tables. Minus points. 2. Seated at a tight table for 2 located next to the busy stair way and a loud table of eight or ten. Where 4 parents (one loud guy) allowed their kids to keep bouncing from one end of the table to the other; lacked ambiance. Minus points. (At this point I was ready to leave or go sit in the some what empty bar and quiet bar) 3. Service was average to good; except - hurried and needs training on the "how to" pour of a bottle of wine, who gets the cork and the napkin wrap offered at other table service. Minus points. You excellent chef does not compensate for 1-3.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We have been going to Scotts for years both in the Bay Area and Folsom. It never disappoints! My husband had the fried prawns and sweet potatoe fries and I had the halibut. Both were delicious. We usually go to Scotts for a special occasion (this was our anniversary), but may go back sooner just for the prawns.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner and a lovely time . My wife and I plan on going back for lunch very soon and will also be back to enjoy happy hour at the bar along with some appitizers.Special Features:
- BrickDined on 8/28/2014The food was great. We had the tuna sandwich andf it was very tasty.Special Features:
- MrsWDined on 8/27/2014Excellent restaurant, wait staff is friendly and very social and the food was outstanding. This was our wedding anniversary and I asked to be seated in a quiet part of the restaurant away from large groups and noisy children. Our wish was addressed and we had a table in a quiet corner and the restaurant was super busy that night.Special Features:
- New menu at Scott'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/26/2014It was nice to go to Scott's on a fairly quiet Tuesday for an early dinner. As almost always, my special requests were fulfilled. There is a new menu with interesting additions. We tried one, a basil pesto and prawn dish served over capellini pasta. It was very good. I'm glad that the old favorites are still on the menu under "Classics".Special Features: