Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek
1333 North California Blvd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scottswc.com/menus/menu.html
- Phone: 9259341300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Alfredo Reyes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our on-site event facilities Scott's provides off-site catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Scott's Restaurant in Walnut Creek offers several Private Dining rooms that can be rented for corporate or special events. All indoor dining rooms are beautifully appointed with rich cherry wood and Italian marble details -- complete with full bar facilities and elegant fine china.
- Private Party Contact: Beverly Barnette 9259340598
- Entertainment: We offer live piano 7 nights a week, a piano-sax combo Friday & Saturday nights, and a 4 piece live jazz combo for Sunday Brunch.
- Cross Street: Bonanza Street
- Public Transit: Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Walnut Creek Station - 3 blocks. Local bus and taxi service. Shuttles from major hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking. Scott's is the only restaurant that offers this service in Walnut Creek.
A word from Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek
For nearly 25 years Scott's has served its guests in the East Bay in our Walnut Creek and Jack London Square locations. Scott's serves only the finest, freshly prepared cuisine. Our professional, courteous staff is ready to make your dining experience a memorable occasion whether you visit us for lunch, dinner or Champagne Jazz Sunday Brunch. Please be sure to ask about our current specials for lunch, dinner & weekends. Scott's also specializes in exclusive Banquet and Off-Site Catering services and has its own floral shop. In addition to our banquet rooms, Scott's is the exclusive caterer to the famous Blackhawk Auto Museum in Danville and the scenic bay-front Scott's Pavilion in Jack London Square. We specialize in full service, professional catering for special events such as weddings, social and business events and other occasions. Scott's will take care of every detail and ensure that your dining experience or special event will be perfect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek - Best Restaurants in Walnut Creek ›
Scott's Restaurant - Walnut Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)great for outdoor dining (73)great for brunch (70)romantic (63)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (42)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)Show More
- Nice supper-club type placeJaniceKVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed it but were looking for a variety of small plates. We thought the restaurant was more like a bistro than a supper club. When we ordered the waiter assumed we were ordering full entrees (even though we said we were ordering multiple appetizers) so we had more food than we needed. Doggie bags worked well. Salad was great and entrees were good.Special Features:
- DisappointedKEddieVIPDined on 8/25/2014I was disappointed in my visit to Scott's. Was looking forward to a great seafood dinner after having a couple good experiences previously. The menu looked great, but the food was very bland. The service was also very slow. The martini was excellent even though the waiter mixed up our pours.Special Features:
- First bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I have been to scotts many times and this was my first bad experience. Food was cold and server was not very good. We sat for over 15 min with empty drinks and when I confronted her about the poor service she gave me attitude. Our food then came out to us cold. I feel she was over committed and could of used some help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I have never been disappointed! The food is fantastic, the atmosphere is delightful, the service is excellent.....need I say more!?Special Features:
- Great spot for a business lunchCatluduDined on 8/20/2014Food options were super, service was attentive but not intrusive. Nice ambience, and not too noisy to hear an important conversation. Valet parking at no extra fee was a nice extra.Special Features:
- Top notch dining !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We visit Scott's many times a year and are never disappointed. The food is always prepared to perfection and special requests are always welcomed and carried out. The wait staff are always friendly, knowledgeable and eager to make our dining experience a very pleasant one. We also appreciate the valet parking (indoor).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super ServiceFoodywithwineVIPDined on 8/2/2014We came here for my Dad's birthday. The food as always is wonderful with great choices. Favorite was the Crab and Avocado Salad. Good selection of wine. Our waiter was great, just enough special attention, but also knew when to give us time to just visit and not rush us. I also appreciate the valet parking so you don't have to worry about where to park in downtown walnut creek.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousChocolatepiemomDined on 8/2/2014Scott's in Walnut Creek is always consistent and delicious. I have been going there for years and have never had a bad meal. I love seafood and they have the freshest seafood dishes around.Special Features:
- JoelDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic and professional service, and food great as always. Very dependable.Special Features:
- Nice place for birthday dinnerWR8169Dined on 8/1/2014This was my first time having dinner at Scott's. It was wonderful! Shrimp and scallops were cooked perfectly. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- really missed the mark...localdinerDined on 7/29/2014Prices reflect fine dining...service and food does not. Made reservation on Open Table for lunch today to celebrate my birthday with a co-worker. Even put a special "Birthday" note in the Open Table reservation. Service from Hostess to our Waiter was dismal. Food was mediocre. No mention of Happy Birthday...a simple "Happy Birthday" greeting would have sufficed...
- LucindaDined on 7/27/2014Scott's is always a sure bet for a nice seafood meal. Love the nice background music most nights. Wish they would warm the nice sourdough bread
- Never disappointed!CRCFDined on 7/27/2014Great place to eat no matter what the occasion is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014Like always, the food was good, consistent. Unfortunately the service was terrible. Went for Sunday brunch, self service; but had to ask the waiter 3 different times to refill our coffee; also had to flag someone down several times to refill our water glasses. No one bothered to pick up our used plates; we just put them on an empty table by us. Worse part was watching the bus boy and waiter chit chat while we clear our own plates. Very disappointing. Additionally, as it happened, it was a very hot day; we were seated near the patio, which was fine, but the doors were left opened so all the hot air was coming in. Worse experience eating at this location.Special Features:
- Stephanos Soul Food Vallejo CAJzyDivaDined on 7/24/2014The service was Superior (Nicole) was Amazing... Food was identical too my experiences at the Oakland location... Drinks were very nicely mixed. Came across via internet search; I didn't even know they had another location close to my home I will now find a home in this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wcrplDined on 7/24/2014Out of food on dinner menu at Only 7pm, disappointed!Special Features:
- Fantastic Scott's in Walnut CreekChicRomatiqueDined on 7/24/2014You may have heard of Scott's in San Francisco, or even Scott's in Oakland. However, neither of these compares with Scott's in Walnut Creek. The food is always exquisite and delicious, and the service in fabulous. I would recommend it if you want a special place to go for Sunday Brunch. Their Jazz brunch is amazing, with all kinds of delicacies, and not to be missed. The music is also fantastic and upbeat. Definitely a place to take your loved one, or family for a special night out....regardless of the occasion.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at Scott's!ArtOVIPDined on 7/21/2014We met at Scott's for a mid-week dinner to break the workaholic routine. Everything about the experience was wonderful. Our server, Roberto, was delightful. He was funny, attentive, caring and so very helpful. Our meals were terrific! Each of us had a selection from the Salmon Festival menu. Both were perfectly prepared and delicious. The atmosphere on the back patio was quiet, intimate and just what we needed to reconnect from our busy lives. Overall, Scott's never disappoints!Special Features:
- Lousy dinnerCathy247Dined on 7/21/2014I have eaten at Scott's in Oakland and loved it but my dinner here was lousy. I was going to order petrale sole because it's my favorite but when I saw the price and know that I cook it all the time at home I changed my mind. The special was sand dabs, I love sand dabs. These were awful, fishy and had their tails on. Very little sauce with them and very plain spinach. Forli's that closed last year in Alamo had the best sand dabs ever and I would love to find anything that would compare to theirs. The friends I went with loved their dinners but mine was terribly disappointing. I took the leftovers to feed to my chickens but by the time i got home my car smelled so fishy I threw them out.
- Food not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014The food was ok but definitely not worth the money. Had to put a lot of salt on it to make it taste like something- not well seasoned at all. Person I went with ordered something in the menu that included crab legs. But there were no crab legs on her plate. Didn't want to re-check menu in the restaurant but did later on the online menu. I don't know if they were out or forgot. Also her food not well seasoned.Special Features:
- Outstanding Crab & Avacado Saladabbey01Dined on 7/20/2014Celebrating the news of a new grandbaby on the way. Only 1 person in our party had ever been to Scott's. What a great choice - we all loved our meals. The halibut was outstanding. The mother-to-be is still raving about the crab salad. She's craving another trip to Scotts soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other tha dessert food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014Had brunch here Sunday. For a brunch food was quite good and kept fresh and replaced. The desserts didn't hold up to the rest though...not for a $42.50 brunch. Tapioca? Crab Benedict was great as was all the seafood. Nice salad selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffing?ginfoodSatDined on 7/19/2014Jazz trio always wonderful for a great ambiance. Bartender Caroline is wonderful, most of the hard-working waitstaff professional and very good. Menu reads very impressive, but food not up to gourmet description--blah veggies, nuked(?) fish. Our waitress? On Sat eve was absent for long periods of time-and when we flagged down another staff member, he was quick to get us what we wanted. Waitress never apologized, gave us any explanation of why she never stopped to see how we were doing. Her reply when we said we wanted a dessert list? "I thought you were still eating. " We were planning to take home our entree leftovers. We didn't need to wait 1/2 hr to get her attention.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, TERRIBLE foodDinnerguestDined on 7/19/2014When we first walked into Scott's, we were impressed with the great ambiance: live jazz, waterfall in the patio area. But then we were served our food which, although tasted okay at first, turned out to be horrible. It left a terrible aftertaste as if really old oil and butter were used to prepare the fish. And the outer part of my encrusted halibut was entirely inedible. The oily aftertaste stayed with me for hours, and I had to lay down at home and chase with pepto. The service was also very slow and a little unprofessional. It seems that many people enjoy this place. Based on our experience, I can't understand why. Maybe it was a problem with just these particular dishes we ordered. But I would definitely not recommend Scott's.Special Features:
- Suprisingly disappointing...foodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our go-to restaurants and we are always pleased. However, we rarely go on a Sat. night and this time was very busy. We had an inexperienced server who seemed overwhelmed. Our starters arrived cold and had to be sent back; then our entrees arrived less than hot and hate to be sent back. Very disappointing. While the food was good, the long wait for hot food was not.Special Features:
- Wild salmon not availableSalmonloverDined on 7/14/2014It is the Salmon Festival but there were no wild salmon filets available. At least 4 featured menu items were unavailable because they ran out of salmon at lunch. We were there at 6:30pm for dinner and it was not crowded. Poor planning?? A few months ago we went in response to an e-mail announcing the availability of sand dabs but again, they were sold out at lunch. Sounds like very bad kitchen management.
- Great place for family celebrationsLuvthisneighborhoodDined on 7/14/2014The service was excellent -- all the way from the host through serving dinner and the food excellent. Atmosphere by the garden and waterfalls are extra special.Special Features:
- katdasDined on 7/12/2014We love Scotts, however, the food was not as good as usual and the service was slow.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentCRCFDined on 7/6/2014Best food find in Walnut Creek! Have never had a bad meal yet and have been going for many years. If an issue arises it is handled immediately with gracious customer service and no drama. The staff aims to serve and please so that your dining experience will leave you wanting to return.Special Features:
- Bad Food; Super Bad ServicemcruzDined on 7/1/2014The services was the worst ever. I had a friend from SoCal visiting the East Bay. He left with a very bad impression. it all started with the drink, the server didn't know what ginger beer was so she said yes, we have it "on tap." Drink was w/o the right rum and taste bad. Salmon came w/ a sugary soy sauce on top but server never told us about it. my friend is allergic to soy, the server took it back. When the dish came original w/ spinach a& we requested steam, it came right, but when they took it back to remove the soy sauce, they brought it back without the spinach but with greenbeens with lots of butter. we asked for the spinach with then came but not longer steam. get the idea? very BAD. By the way, very expensive, grrrr
- PriceyDaveRDined on 7/1/2014Had the salmon plate for lunch, grilled. It cam out a bit dry, and crumbly, otherwise OK. I know salmon is pricey, but the portion served seemed small. Service was average: polite, but infrequent. I had to ask the busboy for a coffee refill. Always an excellent setting for business. The plate seemed to need a spark, especially for someone who eats at Tadich's, Deadfish, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/29/2014At seeing Ella, the musical at the Lesher, my husband and I walked over to Scott's. I had the best ever crab & avocado salad. It was wonderful. Can't wait to eat here again. The service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealrickadoDined on 6/28/2014had tickets for lesher theater and decided to dine before the performance picked the restaurant off the internet we were not disappointed with the restaurant or the food there was a jazz trio playing music that took me take to my younger days we could have spent the evening just listening to this trio won't hesitate to come back again the food the show was a great evening spent with my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary done right down to roseRJandDJDined on 6/28/2014Our sixth straight Anniversary here at Scott's Walnut Creek. We were married here and have enjoyed another great Anniversary night out at Scott's. Our table was ready with rose petals shaped as a heart as it is every year we come. Champagne on the table as a token of Scott's appreciation. The greeter and past wait staff from Valentine's even recognize us a very nice gesture since how busy they are on Valentine's Day. The service all night and the diner well was great. Again thank You to the staff at Scott's, Champagne and a Heart Rose what else can you say but happy couple will be back soon:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchCamiDined on 6/26/20145 Ladies went to lunch here and had a great time. Food and service were exceptional. I have been coming to Scott's for many years and they never disappoint.Special Features:
- hasdinedalotDined on 6/25/2014Food was just average. Had to send two different entrees back with undercooked fish. Service was OK, but had to snag waiter back ourselves several times. Most timely service was bread and water guy. Will not go back for a while, though is a lovely setting.
- Consistently goodelizcaVIPDined on 6/25/2014Convenient in Walnut Creek because of the complimentary parking. The food is consistently good. The prices have gone up quite a bit recently. It was, though, good. The bread is very fresh. The tea was too watered down but the service was gracious. At the end of the meal, however, the waiter was hard to find.Special Features:
- Charming Restaurant in Walnut CreekdsswithnDined on 6/23/2014We sat outdoors under a fabric covering. The flowers were beautiful and the sound of a small waterfall was charming. The menu has a large number of fish/shellfish choices. However, there are some meat and poultry options. All the fish/shellfish items we ordered were very fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- oldscoutDined on 6/22/2014Ahi had to return--came in two pieces one unedible--chef said they were all the same---so had halibet--ok but not worth the priceSpecial Features:
- NicededeDined on 6/22/2014The atmosphere and service was wonderful; however, the buffet in itself wasn't worth the cost.Special Features: