5 Bel Air South Parkway
Bel Air, MD 21015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottosbelair.com/
- Phone: 4105152233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11;00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Scotto's Cafe
Scotto's Café is a privately owned and operated Italian restaurant featuring a European atmosphere in Bel Air, Maryland, the heart of Harford County. We offer generous portions of made-to-order Italian cuisine using only fresh, high quality ingredients at reasonable prices. Menu items include a wide variety of pasta, chicken, seafood, and veal and are gladly exchanged to suit diner's preferences and dietary needs. There is also a full-service bar with a fine selection of wine, spirits, domestic and imported beers. After dinner, guests may enjoy unique Italian desserts, espresso, or cappuccino. We also offer on and off-site catering and fixed menus for small or large parties are available. We will do our best to accommodate your specific needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Scotto's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Bel Air ›
Scotto's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (17)romantic (15)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerMikeDined on 8/6/2014Great service, great food! Made reservations here for the family to celebrate my birthday. Food selection appealed to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placelpita10Dined on 8/3/2014This is one of our favorite places to go! The food is always fantastic and the service is awesome! Comfort food! Great italian food and their specials are always great as well! Love going here!Special Features:
- FlashDined on 8/1/2014this is one of our favorite Italian Restaurants. The food is consistantly good and it is a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- KathieDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyable food and atmosphere. Service was good. The wine list is extensive and the appetizers great.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs some helpJerryVIPDined on 7/12/2014I have eaten at Scotto's many times. The food is alwasy consistently good but the service this time left something to be desired. We were five and they seated us at a table which barely held four. When we commented that we were five they said, "yes" but looked at us as if they were puzzled why we did not fit (wer are not big people!) We asked for a chair and they told us to turn the tables on the side. Then, when that gave us very little table surface they finally realized they did not bring over a third table. A Friend ordered wine--was told it was Beringer Zinfandel--it was not-took it off of the check. friend ordered saltimboca--assumed veal-was chicken--delicious and marked on the check as chicken but he did not seem to know.
- Always greatVendicatorDined on 7/10/2014I have never been disappointed at Scotto's. Great food, a great wine selection and best of all, great service. Wait staff is there when you need them, but not bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasure in MD for those from NYJBNYCVIPDined on 7/7/2014A treasure in MD for those from NY. Always good food and service. A local gem. Go.Special Features:
- Good and LocalChessManDined on 6/28/2014We returned to Scotto's for the veal. Both my wife and I loved our meals. My wine was very good for the price point and my wife loved her sangria. We like them so much we went to the bar afterwards for another round. Only down side it is took quite a while to get our check all sorted out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarylDined on 6/20/2014Shared a salad, then had shrimp scampi with pasta and shrimp and scallops with pasta. Both were excellent! Splurged on dessert: tiramisu (best she ever had!) and fudge cake which was delicious! Will go back soon again!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Food was the correct temperature. It was delivered promptly and had goos flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencefanofdiningDined on 6/12/2014Our family of four dined at Scotto's on a Thursday night during restaurant week. Our waiter was very knowledgable regarding the specials and very professional. My daughter ordered from the special restaurant week offerings and enjoyed her appetizer of calamari, entree of veal Marsala, and dessert , which she took home consisting of a very large cannoli. The balance of us ordered from the regular menu. My son had the lasagna which was very generously portioned and delicious. My husband had a pasta dish with sausage which was very tasty and I had the chicken Scotto which was flavorful and quite good. Our waiter was attentive and the meal and our overall experience was enjoyable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ScottosAshStallDined on 6/6/2014Scottos is the place to go for Italian in Bel Air. The staff is always courteous and the food delicious. My husband got the veal parm and it was so tasty and not overly breaded. The marinara sauce is amazing! I got the seafood pasta with shrimp, mussels, clams, and calamari. It had a ton of seafood which was all cooked perfectly. It's one of our favorite date night spots and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as always!BelAirMrandMrsDined on 5/31/2014We had never tried the famous Chicken Scotto until this visit; it was awesome! We had also never had dessert at Scotto's before, and that was great as well. Scotto's never lets us down! It's our favorite place for a quiet meal in an intimate setting for just the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local findixlr8VIPDined on 5/21/2014We were just passing through Baltimore and stopped off - what a good turn! Good Linguinie and Chicken dishes
- Graduation dinnerCarmiDined on 5/21/2014Great neighborhood dining! A family favorite. We had a group of seven for dinner. Everyone was pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014My favorite Italian restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Good food but expensiveMRodDined on 5/7/2014I came here for my birthday. My meal was very good but the prices were expensive. Because of this, I will not return unless it is for another special occasion. I would have felt better about the prices if the salad and bread were included like you get in most Italian restaurants. It can get extremely pricey if you order any alcohol or extras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014It was unfortunate that they did not serve olive ol and herbs with the bread. Also, the entrees should include a small soup or salad.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Amazing food. The Tortellini here is now in my top 5 favorite meals.Special Features:
- Good Choice For Local Night Outluv2travelVIPDined on 5/2/2014Took my family from Florida out for a Friday night meal. I typically take them into Baltimore for a night out, but wanted to stay local. Scotto's was a great choice. Good food, service, and atmosphere. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 129 reviews are from the Scotto's Cafe reviews archive.
- Perfect EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014From the greeting at the door to the coffee Patron, perfect! Pleasant staff and the food was delicious, I would recommend Scotto's to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and turfBrintVIPDined on 4/18/2014No, Scotto's didn't actually offer "surf and turf," but the specials this night were a succulent and flavorful Dover sole and a very nice New York strip steak. We ordered one each and shared. A special starter of jumbo shrimp cocktail was refreshing and tasteful and was complemented by a nice cocktail sauce. As always, the service was impeccable. There is no need to have a "favorite server," for each one meets Victor Scotto's high standards for taking care of diners.Special Features:
- Better than espected!!enjoytryingDined on 4/15/2014The food was fantastic and the service excellent. Went with friends using a Living Social coupon. Would definitely go again! One downer! The table for 4 are quite crowded.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014I am usually very critical of restaurants! Nothing negative to say about Scottos cafe. I have eaten here numerous times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scotto's CafeJTUUDined on 3/29/2014Showed up at 6:10 for a 6:15 reservation for two and did not get seated until around 7:00. Numerous other parties of 2 with later reservations for 2 or no reservations were seated before us. The hostess was very disorganized. Once seated the waiter was very friendly and helpful, and the food was above average. I would maybe give this place another try, but probably not on a weekend.
- The BestGreatniteoutDined on 3/29/2014For great food, feeling special, and good service, Scotto's is a gem of Bel Air!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen needs some help.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014It was out first time dinning here. Had dinner with my wife and daughter. The server was nice, but the food took forever and at 6:15 Friday night when the place wasn't packed so i was a little surprised. it took us over an hour and a half for 3 basic meals. We were not offered any bread either. We may give Scotto's another chance some time down the road, but we have plenty of choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLydellDined on 3/9/2014Everything was very nice. Our two pasta based dinners were well prepared, great flavors. Our server was attentive, and everything arrived on time. We started with the bruschetta, which wasn't over the top but well prepared. The entrees were a good size if you were starving or enough for a carry out if you have an appetizer and vegetable. Limited beer selection (no crafts), but ample wines available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatWanderingWaltDined on 3/4/2014I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. My only regret is living in the area for 7 years before I tried it. This place has the best Italian food around for miles. The only time I've had better was in Italy. Great adult romantic atmosphere. I would say this is the best place to take a date in Harford County. Anything you get will impress you.Special Features:
- Great Italian in HARCOKarson0303Dined on 3/1/2014For Harford County this restaurant is a standout. Great food, warm atmosphere, and good service. Perfect place for date-night or a group of friends looking for a nice meal without traveling to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic dinnerAngelaDined on 2/15/2014This was a new place for us to try, and it was a nice place to go - without kids. I didn't see any other tables with children, and I didn't see a children menu, so I think it's a great place to go without bringing the children with you. The eggplant dish was wonderful and my husband had the fish special - which he really enjoyed. Overall, a really nice romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef boyardeeJustusDined on 2/14/2014Well this was not for me, way too many better restaurants, the meatballs we good but the sauce is like chef Boyardee... I left 60% of my pasta due to the sauce. Dinner for my wife & I was 75.00. Sorry not worth the $$$$
- Pretty loud but I think thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Pretty loud but I think that was probably due to Valentines Day. Food was great with filling portions and the wife enjoyed the House Pinot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LKTKDined on 2/14/2014Love everything about Scotto's! The food, service and friendly staff are what brings us back time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodGroundhogDined on 2/2/2014Scotto's Cafe is our favorite Italian restaurant in the Havre de Grace - Bel Air area. We ordered our usual - my husband ordered the chicken parmesan, and I ordered the Napoli. We dined right before the Super Bowl, so the restaurant was rather empty. Considering fewer patrons in the restaurant than normal, the service was rather slow this particular evening. The shrimp in my dish were a little chewy, but the dry scallops were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is more thanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014The restaurant is more than just a neighborhood gem. It is a definite step above. I believe it comparable to a Bonefish Grill. It is when you want more than just a neighborhood gem, willing to pay more, but not 5 star like Special Occasion. Special Occasion is Oregon Grille, Tio Pepe, or Prime Rib etc. We'll definitely be back and left saying why don't dine there more. I believe next time we will try your Tues. thru Thurs. special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014It was our first time at Scotto's and we had a wonderful experience. Great food, wine, service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great go to placelpita10Dined on 1/20/2014We love Scotto's. We went on Monday night. We had plans to meet up with friends and it got cancelled last minute. So, we didn't feel like going home to cook, so we said lets go to Scotto's. My husband is Italian, so he always loves a good Italian meal and this is always our first choice! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently PerfectRickDined on 1/9/2014Whenever I need to entertain with no room for error, it's Scotto's. Everything they do is perfect, every time. Especially the calamari fritti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveBrintVIPDined on 12/31/2013One of Scotto's Cafe's strengths is the freshness of their meals, prepared from basic ingredients; there's no thawing out of pre-cooked meals or other short cuts. The specials were the highlight of the menu on New Year's Eve: sea bass, lobster aragosta, lobster tail, filet. Each us had one, prepared with care, and nicely presented. Our server was on top of what we needed, yet never intrusive. At Scotto's, one need not have a "favorite server," for each one offers the highest level of service possible...Victor is the captain of a well-run ship! Noise level was actually between "moderate" and "energetic," but, hey, it was New Year's Eve! It was still sufficiently moderate that the four of us could have a nice, sustained conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.