Scottadito Osteria Toscana
788 A Union Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scottadito Osteria Toscana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scottadito.com/
- Phone: (718) 636-4800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Spadavecchia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring our world-class cuisine and old-world charm to your next special event. Whether it’s an off premise affair or an intimate party in our private wine cellar or a large family or business event in our beautiful enclosed atrium, Scottadito is the perfect choice for your next gathering.
Our menus on our website are designed to give you a basic idea to start planning with, but are by no means the only packages available. We pride ourselves in our ability to create a fantastic and satisfying custom menu for any budget. Please contact us for more information.
- Special Events: Chef Tasting
A word from Scottadito Osteria Toscana
Come in and enjoy a great meal at a reasonable price. Our extensive wine list, fireplace, and warm, intimate setting makes you feel right at home. Let us share our world-class cuisine and old-world charm with you. Don’t forget, our beautiful restaurant offers the perfect setting for a romantic date.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Scottadito Osteria Toscana - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Scottadito Osteria Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (25)romantic (22)good for groups (22)special occasion (18)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- My go to brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014This restaurant is great. The staff is friendly and the food is delicious! What more could you want? And I've taken several friends and each time they love it just as much as I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian RestaurantKpriscellaVIPDined on 11/14/2014We went here for the first time on Friday night. The service was outstanding - I've never seen a restaurant so well run. The place is cute with nice ambiance. The salads and appetizer special (buffalo mozzarella with grilled vegetables) were great. The entrees were only good. We had a seafood special with grilled fish and vegetables - honestly it had very little flavor and we left hungry. My son and his friend had pasta dishes - they were better. Overall, I would definitely go again. This place deserves a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!RestaurantMadDined on 11/12/2014This place looked interesting, so I booked a table for lunch and hoped for the best. Well, I got way more than I hoped for. Our server Allie could not have been more lovely and helpful. We had the moderately priced lunch prix fix and got so much for our money! In fact, the pasta dish that I ordered stands as one of the best that I have ever had anywhere - tagliatelle with brie, arugala, and speck. It was heaven on a plate. My only problem with Scottadito is that I live too far away to go there regularly! I do know that next time I am in Park Slope, I will happily return!Special Features:
- EastCoastVIPDined on 11/11/2014Never fails to disappoint. The soup specials are a must. Complimentary homemade limoncello is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuscan treatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014I'll get the bad part out the way. My wife had an eggplant dish that wasn't up to par with the quality of the rest of the food. Otherwise, the food was superb, the wine was fantastic, the service was friendly and helpful, and the place was just the perfect spot for a dinner gathering with friends. I envy anyone who lives near this restaurant. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Love the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014I love the ambiance. I would definitely come back here. It has an upscale homey type of vibe, totally love it. The eggplant parm was okay not bad. Would have to come back and try the rest of their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine In BrooklynLadySavvyDined on 10/30/2014This was my first time at Scottadito's for dinner. The brunch is outstanding and I enjoy it every time. One guest of my party was late. So we were seated and waited. So when we were all seated to my surprise there was only one entree for Dine In Brooklyn and it was a meat dish. This is where I'd suggest an allowance for a fish and poultry dish. After inquiring I was told to order from their regular dinner menu after being told what a pre fixe menu is. Lol. I've done many variations of restaurant week so I think I'm quite versed on what a pre fixe menu is. But because I've been here with my mom many times and have always been treated kindly,I made no contest. I enjoyed my spinach ravioli dish and co. My friends enjoyed the braised ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014the staff is very attentive- Great service. excellent brunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatannmarieVIPDined on 10/24/2014I really enjoyed this neighborhood gem and would go again. It was lovely and great service and food.Special Features:
- excellence all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014I have been going to Scottadito for a few years now and I have never been disappointed. It is great for brunch (love, love the backroom but the area but the fireplace). The food is fresh and organic and unlimited mismoas are wonderful. I love the rustic feel of this place and I have have seen many events being hosted there from birthday celebrations (including mine a few times), weddings and baby showers. They have an amazing but small wine celler downstairs that is wonderful. The staff is great and even the manager/owners will serve you when the place is packed.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulSavannahBelleVIPDined on 10/4/2014Not only is the restaurant charming and comfortable, but the service was excellent. Our waiter (Arthur) was top-notch, as was the entire support staff; he was knowledgeable and attentive. The menu was interesting and varied. The lamb special was truly, truly incredible - probably the best lamb dish that I've had in years. My husband ordered the saffron fettuccine Fruit de Mer, which featured an abundance of fresh seafood. The prices were quite reasonable and the wine selection is excellent. We will definitely be back the next time we're in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodEatz1969Dined on 10/3/2014A nice neighborhood place to have a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Business DinnerAllAmericanGeekDined on 10/2/2014Table for 6 with new coworkers and everyone raved about the food. Including the gluten free pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ dining delightangiespnutbuttrVIPDined on 9/21/2014Another enjoyable and delicious brunch. Although near capacity, the wait staff was attentive and pleasant. The restaurant itself is in a lovely bustling part of Park Slope, and we sat near the open window, which was perfect for people watching. I had uova al salmone and the salmon was smoked to perfection - full of flavor. My partner had one of the day's specials (not on the menu) and he was satisfied. The champagne was chilled and bubbly. I look forward to dining at Scottadito again and again.Special Features:
- Solid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Great for couples night out or night out with the kids. Solid food. Burratta, Octopus and Fried Calamari were super fresh and excellent apps. Braised short rib special was awesome. Also had a whole fish special which didn't have much taste and was a little fishy so I would stick with the meat and pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Excellent meal and service, beautiful restaurant, we had an amazing time.
- Excellent!ceeteeDined on 8/8/2014Came here for dinner on our anniversary. Was very pleased with everything! Service, ambience, food, they have it all! Was blown away by the pasta. HIGHLY recommend Tagliatelle al Brie, Arugula e Speck ~ homemade pasta, melted brie, smoked prosciutto, arugula and truffle oil. You will not be disappointed! MANGIA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we neededCamilleCaresDined on 8/3/2014I used to be a regular at Scottadito many years back when I worked in the area. It is great to return to Park Slope and notice that amongst the changes some things do remain the same. The service and food at Scottadito is exactly what I was looking for this Sunday. I treated one of my best friends to a lovely brunch for her post-wedding celebration. The food was great and the service matched at top notch.Special Features:
- good food, friendly servicemargoDined on 8/2/2014From the time we entered the restaurant, we were treated really well. While ordering, I made a couple of specific requests (about substitutions and about how well done I preferred the food.) Both requests were met without attitude! Portions were large, and my friend and I both found the food to be above expectations. Good experience.Special Features:
- A Must!!!missyDined on 8/1/2014My first time being at Scottadito for dinner and it was a beautiful experience. The appetizer, entree and dessert were all delicious, staff was very friendly and I love the environment. A definite must to go back again and to try out their brunch menu this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 209 reviews are from the Scottadito Osteria Toscana reviews archive.
- Great timebgdineDined on 7/29/2014We were a fairly large group and were seated in the back of the restaurant where we could easily hear ourselves talk and we all had a great time and enjoyed excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This place is one of my favorite restaurants in Park Slope. It's never a disspointment. The food is prepared just like if you were in Italy sitting in a piazza. I've come for dinner and brunch, I had my birthday dinner here. The specials are always fabulous and very creative. If you're in the neighborhood go and visit, and if you're not go and visit! Awesome place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner in Park SlopeAP65Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent dinner this weekend at Scottadito. The food was excellent as was the service! We will definitely be back!
- Worth the tripAdamDined on 7/6/2014I've been going to Scottadito for years and they have never disappointed. Their weekend brunch is superb for the food and the price! I personally love the open area in the back when it is nice outside. Not to miss!Special Features:
- nice ambianceLLGlendaleDined on 6/29/2014this restaurant has a lovely look, nice inside and patio room. the brunch is too expensive for what is given. service was distracted at best even though it was not busy when we were there.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014First time coming here and it was really nice...the food was good and they give pretty good portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerlovelydinnerDined on 6/19/2014This spot is great for a romantic dinner. The ambiance was great, the service was excellent, and the food was to write home about. My girlfriend loved it and we left with smiles on our faces and stuffed bellies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gfgourmetgfgourmetDined on 6/19/2014Wonderful meal, great service. Very accomodating to our group even when we had 2 less people than our reservation due to last minute illness. My daughter and I both need gluten free options, and the waiter was knowlegable and helpful. I highly recommend this for dinner and any type of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/19/2014I have taken a group there once a month for the past three months!! Loved it personally, but when the office had an event to celebrate, this was where we went. Now it seems that every event we have as an office we are back. Food is great, service wonderful, and the ambiance superb. Can't wait for our next event!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnervandinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were excited to find this great restaurant in our neighborhood. The ambiance, menu, service and food were all terrific and we were also thrilled to be able to dine out with friends and be able to hear each other in conversation.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014"Romantic" lighting, and great tasting food. I went with a small group but it looks like it's good for couples and even 5-6 people. Would go again even though parking in the neighborhood is a bit tough (it's Brooklyn..).Special Features:
- Italian Gem in Park SlopeFlushingFirstTimersDined on 5/27/2014Not familiar with the area, we relied on the reviews in Open Table and were well rewarded. The rustic interior included an expanded rear section with an airy feel provided by an opening to a small garden and sky lighting. The menu provided many Italian favorites with a special of soup or salad with pasta or entree and beverage for $15. We each ordered a different salad, one beet and one pear as the primary ingredient. they were fresh and flavorful. We ordered the salmon with green beans and mashed potties. The serving of salmon was gigantic! Everything was very well prepared and seasoned. The service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Love the food and the atmosphere. Definitely will go back soon!Special Features:
- Great BrunchTunaVIPDined on 5/18/2014I've been here twice now and I love it every time. My friend and I go every time I'm in town to visit him. It's our favorite place for brunch. The food is great, the service is great and we'll very likely be going back!Special Features:
- Great Find in ParkslopeMarieDined on 5/17/2014We met my son for dinner in Parkslope and found this lovely restaurant on Open Table. Great meal! I had the ravioli, delicious homemade pasta, my son had the special Braised short ribs, amazing. Can't wait to go back, as close to my Italian grand mother's food I 'be ever. Had.Special Features:
- Food enthusiastRangers1Dined on 5/11/2014Very friendly, great service, very good food,excellent for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom here for Mother's Day brunch. Food was great, big portions. Staff was super friendly. Will def be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I have been here for multiple occasions, including this past weekend for Mother's Day Brunch. My mom is hard to please and this place didn't disappoint her one bit. However, I have seen everything from a baby shower to a wedding reception held stthis place.the staff is very professional and he decor is amazing. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurant.FriendlyBridgetVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had reservations for a late dinner. The place was busy but not crowded. We ordered the insulata Di Kim, the spinach gnocchi and the short ribs tagliatelle. The salad was good,especially the artichoke and the olives. My gnocchi was good but it was missing the cheese consistency, in my opinion. However, my bf's dish, the tagliatelle, was very good! We didn't want a heavy dessert so we opted for dessert elsewhere. The server offered us dessert wine. Unfortunately, I had stopped drinking so only had a sip but that was sweet of them to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here three times and each meal was excellent. Everyone's food was great and service was top notch yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.