Scottadito Osteria Toscana
788 A Union Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scottadito Osteria Toscana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://scottadito.com/
- Phone: 7186364800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Spadavecchia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring our world-class cuisine and old-world charm to your next special event. Whether it’s an off premise affair or an intimate party in our private wine cellar or a large family or business event in our beautiful enclosed atrium, Scottadito is the perfect choice for your next gathering.
Our menus on our website are designed to give you a basic idea to start planning with, but are by no means the only packages available. We pride ourselves in our ability to create a fantastic and satisfying custom menu for any budget. Please contact us for more information.
- Special Events: Chef Tasting
A word from Scottadito Osteria Toscana
Come in and enjoy a great meal at a reasonable price. Our extensive wine list, fireplace, and warm, intimate setting makes you feel right at home. Let us share our world-class cuisine and old-world charm with you. Don’t forget, our beautiful restaurant offers the perfect setting for a romantic date.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Scottadito Osteria Toscana - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Scottadito Osteria Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)romantic (20)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)great for brunch (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent!ceeteeDined on 8/8/2014Came here for dinner on our anniversary. Was very pleased with everything! Service, ambience, food, they have it all! Was blown away by the pasta. HIGHLY recommend Tagliatelle al Brie, Arugula e Speck ~ homemade pasta, melted brie, smoked prosciutto, arugula and truffle oil. You will not be disappointed! MANGIA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we neededCamilleCaresDined on 8/3/2014I used to be a regular at Scottadito many years back when I worked in the area. It is great to return to Park Slope and notice that amongst the changes some things do remain the same. The service and food at Scottadito is exactly what I was looking for this Sunday. I treated one of my best friends to a lovely brunch for her post-wedding celebration. The food was great and the service matched at top notch.Special Features:
- good food, friendly servicemargoDined on 8/2/2014From the time we entered the restaurant, we were treated really well. While ordering, I made a couple of specific requests (about substitutions and about how well done I preferred the food.) Both requests were met without attitude! Portions were large, and my friend and I both found the food to be above expectations. Good experience.Special Features:
- A Must!!!missyDined on 8/1/2014My first time being at Scottadito for dinner and it was a beautiful experience. The appetizer, entree and dessert were all delicious, staff was very friendly and I love the environment. A definite must to go back again and to try out their brunch menu this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebgdineDined on 7/29/2014We were a fairly large group and were seated in the back of the restaurant where we could easily hear ourselves talk and we all had a great time and enjoyed excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This place is one of my favorite restaurants in Park Slope. It's never a disspointment. The food is prepared just like if you were in Italy sitting in a piazza. I've come for dinner and brunch, I had my birthday dinner here. The specials are always fabulous and very creative. If you're in the neighborhood go and visit, and if you're not go and visit! Awesome place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner in Park SlopeAP65Dined on 7/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent dinner this weekend at Scottadito. The food was excellent as was the service! We will definitely be back!
- Worth the tripAdamDined on 7/6/2014I've been going to Scottadito for years and they have never disappointed. Their weekend brunch is superb for the food and the price! I personally love the open area in the back when it is nice outside. Not to miss!Special Features:
- nice ambianceLLGlendaleDined on 6/29/2014this restaurant has a lovely look, nice inside and patio room. the brunch is too expensive for what is given. service was distracted at best even though it was not busy when we were there.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014First time coming here and it was really nice...the food was good and they give pretty good portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerlovelydinnerDined on 6/19/2014This spot is great for a romantic dinner. The ambiance was great, the service was excellent, and the food was to write home about. My girlfriend loved it and we left with smiles on our faces and stuffed bellies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gfgourmetgfgourmetDined on 6/19/2014Wonderful meal, great service. Very accomodating to our group even when we had 2 less people than our reservation due to last minute illness. My daughter and I both need gluten free options, and the waiter was knowlegable and helpful. I highly recommend this for dinner and any type of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/19/2014I have taken a group there once a month for the past three months!! Loved it personally, but when the office had an event to celebrate, this was where we went. Now it seems that every event we have as an office we are back. Food is great, service wonderful, and the ambiance superb. Can't wait for our next event!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnervandinerDined on 6/7/2014We were excited to find this great restaurant in our neighborhood. The ambiance, menu, service and food were all terrific and we were also thrilled to be able to dine out with friends and be able to hear each other in conversation.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014"Romantic" lighting, and great tasting food. I went with a small group but it looks like it's good for couples and even 5-6 people. Would go again even though parking in the neighborhood is a bit tough (it's Brooklyn..).Special Features:
- Italian Gem in Park SlopeFlushingFirstTimersDined on 5/27/2014Not familiar with the area, we relied on the reviews in Open Table and were well rewarded. The rustic interior included an expanded rear section with an airy feel provided by an opening to a small garden and sky lighting. The menu provided many Italian favorites with a special of soup or salad with pasta or entree and beverage for $15. We each ordered a different salad, one beet and one pear as the primary ingredient. they were fresh and flavorful. We ordered the salmon with green beans and mashed potties. The serving of salmon was gigantic! Everything was very well prepared and seasoned. The service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Love the food and the atmosphere. Definitely will go back soon!Special Features:
- The following 196 reviews are from the Scottadito Osteria Toscana reviews archive.
- Great BrunchTunaVIPDined on 5/18/2014I've been here twice now and I love it every time. My friend and I go every time I'm in town to visit him. It's our favorite place for brunch. The food is great, the service is great and we'll very likely be going back!Special Features:
- Great Find in ParkslopeMarieDined on 5/17/2014We met my son for dinner in Parkslope and found this lovely restaurant on Open Table. Great meal! I had the ravioli, delicious homemade pasta, my son had the special Braised short ribs, amazing. Can't wait to go back, as close to my Italian grand mother's food I 'be ever. Had.Special Features:
- Food enthusiastRangers1Dined on 5/11/2014Very friendly, great service, very good food,excellent for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom here for Mother's Day brunch. Food was great, big portions. Staff was super friendly. Will def be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I have been here for multiple occasions, including this past weekend for Mother's Day Brunch. My mom is hard to please and this place didn't disappoint her one bit. However, I have seen everything from a baby shower to a wedding reception held stthis place.the staff is very professional and he decor is amazing. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014We had reservations for a late dinner. The place was busy but not crowded. We ordered the insulata Di Kim, the spinach gnocchi and the short ribs tagliatelle. The salad was good,especially the artichoke and the olives. My gnocchi was good but it was missing the cheese consistency, in my opinion. However, my bf's dish, the tagliatelle, was very good! We didn't want a heavy dessert so we opted for dessert elsewhere. The server offered us dessert wine. Unfortunately, I had stopped drinking so only had a sip but that was sweet of them to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here three times and each meal was excellent. Everyone's food was great and service was top notch yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!yazzyVIPDined on 4/19/2014We had a wonderful brunch meal here. All the dishes were great. I had the special frittata with truffles and ricotta which was fantastic. All you can drink sparkling wine or mimosas topped off the meal as well! If you reserve, ask for the back room, which is blanketed with sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLIchKidDined on 4/18/2014My wife and I have been here numerous times and it is always excellent. It's like a neighborhood restaurant with uptown fare. The service and ambiance are as good as the food.Special Features:
- Better if you're localOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/15/2014I did not have a great time at Scottadito. The worst thing a patron can feel is that other diners matter more than they do and that's what I felt here. It started off fine until another table came in and they suddenly our server's attention disappeared and went to that table. There was an error in our order and our server neglected to inform us until we asked after waiting half an hour. We were trying to make a basketball game at Barclays. The food was okay but definitely not worth the inattention. The server offered to make it up with a free dessert but we simply had no time for that.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2014Great neighborhood find. Good food and excellent service without the Manhattan hustle and bustle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The authentic Italian cuisineCarolfromBrooklynDined on 4/13/2014The authentic Italian cuisine and ambiance make Scottaditto one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely loved this restaurantzia1988Dined on 3/23/2014it was my boyfriends birthday.I was scrambling for a restaurant to find to take him to of course I don't just want to take into any restaurants and you that any restaurant in Park Slope would be okay for me to take him to but SCOTTADITO OSTERIA TOSCANA, Really blew my mind the food the service everything as soon as we walked in we were seated. I really dont recall our servers name but the way he took care of us I wish I did... to summarize I will definitely be dining here again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchGretaAMDined on 3/16/2014I live in Manhattan and was visiting my Brooklyn friend and someone had recommended this place to me. They have a prix Fixe Brunch which offered several varied choices. Portions were generous and include unlimited mimosas. Of course, this cannot be the best champagne and the mimosa was less than fantastic, but they do keep pouring if you like! The staff was very gracious and welcoming. There is a large room in the back where they were hosting a private party. The back walls are glass and the room has an atrium feeling- very open and light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant of the SlopeJerryVIPDined on 3/14/2014We have been here several times and and it is one of our favorites for Italian. It is cozy, the food is great with many vegetarian and organic choices. We have not been disappointed. The staff are nice too, very attentive.Special Features:
- Brunch good, unlimited mimosas poorroderickDined on 3/9/2014The brunch meal itself was pretty good, and I really have no qualms about that. Got the Tagliatelle and the portion wasn't drenched in truffle oil. The mimosas themselves were very weak and the waiter was very slow with pouring the mimosas. Many times I would have to ask, even though he would pass our table while I had an empty cup. I mean, if you're going to offer bottomless mimosas, you need to be better about serving that since obviously that's a major draw. We were also given the check before asking and we had been there less than an hour! There were also plenty of seats available so it's not like they needed our two seats right away.Special Features:
- Great Brunch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2014Warm atmosphere with friendly attentive wait staff . Very relaxing, we were never rushed. The front room is very cozy but dark. I prefer that room for dinner. The back room where we ate is cheerful & warm looking out at the garden & fish pond. Pre fix brunch with unlimited mimosas or champagne was fantastic. Love that you had a choice of traditional brunch dishes, homemade pasta or salad. All 6 of us were very pleased with our varied choices.Special Features:
- Creme BrûléeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014The food was excellent . I only had one problem with the restaurant is that the Creme Brûlée was to small for the price, but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/16/2014Had a wonderful dinner here on a wintry night. The fireplace warmed my back while we dined...Food was great -- great tuna, great steak...Swell drinks...what more could you want?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to talkOutOfTownerVIPDined on 2/16/2014We were in town to visit our adult son and found this to be a lovely place for a visit. The smoked mozzarella appetizer and the spinach ravioli were fabulous. There is a fireplace and the service was knowledgable and attentive without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff, tasty foodPetesipDined on 2/16/2014First time visiting for weekend brunch, although we're frequently here for weekday lunch. Brunch menu has something for everyone, and the food is very tasty and generous in portions. Weekly lunch deal is stupendous: appetizer, main course and a glass of wine for $15. Several delightful salads, and I particularly praise their gnocchi in butter and sage sauce. Only downside is the noise level, if you're in the otherwise attractive back room and there's a big party present, conversation is pretty much out of the question. Otherwise, the reverberant noise doesn't overwhelm.Special Features:
- Delicious & FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The pizzete sauce & cheese was so fresh. The seasonal vegetables were great except for the kale which was over salted. Even heating it up the next day, it was extremely salty, Spinach gnocchi was divine.Special Features:
- Nice choiceElthboVIPDined on 2/15/2014Chose after review of menu and OT reviews. Food and service was excellent. Front room near bar is great for romantic night. Back room is more bright and good for groups. Has outdoor area, but we were there in Feb. The wine list was okay if you're not a big wine enthusiast and like a number of options for each varietal/region. Two in our party had red by the bottle which they really liked. I had white by the glass because I didn't want a bottle to myself. Options in wine could be better, but the food/service/ambiance overrode that aspect for us. We would return/recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.