8 North Washington Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scossarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4108222202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Scossa Lounge can accommodate both intimate small events as well larger functions up to 85 people. Our Lounge can be set up in various configurations to facilitate the objectives of your banquet and we can assist in providing a full range of business services, equipment and floral arrangements to make your event complete.
- Private Party Contact: Jini 4108222202
A word from Scossa
Encounter the delectable food and wine of Scossa Restaurant & Lounge where you will savour the classic Northern Italian cuisine created by Chef Giancarlo Tondin. With an emphasis on quality, only the freshest ingredients are selected to create cuisine that reinvigorates traditional Italian recipes. Experience the sophisticated chic décor and lively ambiance of the Scossa dinning room, bar and lounge or dine alfresco at the Scossa Café and enjoy the picturesque charm of Easton’s historic town center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Scossa - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Scossa reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (38)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Local FavoriteCarlDined on 8/30/2014In a tourist town with many good restaurants, Scossa's stands out. Yes you can get Italian fare here, very nicely prepared, but if you push the chef, order off the menu, or ask for a dish prepared just so, Scossa will accommodate and delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysECFoodieDined on 8/26/2014Scossa is our go-to restaurant when we want a special meal for two and when we have out of town foodies visiting. Scossa never disappoints. Our server, Richard, really understands the menu and offers excellent advice on wine pairings. The kitchen will accommodate diner preferences. If you do not like the kale that comes with the dish, they will substitute spinach or broccolini. Our guests asked for their veal chop rare and it came to their exact specification. Scossa is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Initial greeting from hostess,OntheboardDined on 8/23/2014bartender and server demeanor, all over the top. Wine list with a wide variety and very reasonably priced. The server well versed in Italian food and full grasp of entire menu. Food portions just right and taste superb. Always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2014Whenever we are in that part of MD, we always include a dinner at Scossa's and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always in our top choicesGrannylesDined on 8/7/2014The food -- especially the risottos, to which I am addicted -- are marvelous. And they will customize any dish to your needs. Wait staff remembers regular customers and their preferences -- excellent service.Special Features:
- The bestPaulDined on 8/6/2014Food..first class Service...first class You guys have never let us down And we very much appreciate everyone for making our meal experience so so good! Thanks, Paul & HollySpecial Features:
- Loved the Risotto!xxxxxxVIPDined on 7/31/2014Scossa knows Risotto! Creaminess with texture. My version came with delicious veal meatballs. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- High Quality Great SeviceCarlDined on 7/30/2014In an area with many fine restaurants , Scossa's stands out. This is where the locals go when they want excellent food and great service. Of course in Easton the 'locals' include international businessmen, World Bank executives and former Senators. Scossa's is expensive, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good and versatileSarahDined on 7/30/2014Lovely place for a nice dinner (excellent service and food, white linen table cloths, relatively small, comfortable chairs, and so forth) but also nice for a more causal dinner. We often order a salad, pasta, and have a glass of the house Chianti -- not too expensive and not too filling. Good cocktails too. Nice place for a group dinner also. For a dinner for 10 we preordered appetizers and dessert to speed up the ordering process -- reasonably priced and very helpful about what to order.Special Features:
- Memorable mealBarbMcDined on 7/22/2014Scossa's was exceptional! The food was delicious, service impeccable and environment lovely! Perfect place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurantECFoodieDined on 7/20/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in the area. Always consistent and while somewhat expensive, you receive value for your money. We especially enjoy our server, Richard, for his dry sense of humor and willingness to engage. Service, food and ambience are all great. Brought my foodie Manhattanite brother and sister-in-law and they both thought the Scossa experience was outstanding. This past Sunday evening, we dined with friends from Philadelphia and they too loved Scossa. Our friends enjoyed the scallop and the calamari appetizers. My friend doesn't like kale, so the chef substituted spinach. Entrees were also wonderful, two of us had lamb shank, one pasta with lobster and the fourth Rockfish. All were delicious.Special Features:
- Easton GemeastonshoreVIPDined on 7/20/2014Scossa is one of our favorite restaurants in Easton, MD. Excellent - friendly & knowledgeable staff. Food is always delicious. Outdoor dining is lovely. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easton GemNaplesbeachVIPDined on 7/19/2014Scossa was a real treat, great service and food was terrific. Dover sole and risotto was outstanding. save some room for dessert! We sat outside and it was a perfect night. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Consistent favoriteORRNVIPDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed an early dinner on a hot summer evening - as always the food & service were very good - it's always worth the drive to return hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for dinnershor3dinnerDined on 7/4/2014RWe went for dinner, party for 3. The personnel is friendly and services top level. Food ... Super! I eat lamp, appetizer was calamari. Then we had pasta. Over all I rate the restaurant as a quite, excellent for dinner and great services. Parking is easy, lot of parking a in Easton town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastern Shore gemJayJee66Dined on 6/29/2014Great place for dinner in Easton. Delicious risotto, branzino, tiramisu. Lovely outdoor cafe on town square or indoor dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality and Quantity.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good. I had the Veal shank. It was delicious. The others had pasta with seafood and the Rock fish with rice. All good choices. Fish soup was classic. Salads fresh and tasty. Great Martini and Irish coffee!Special Features:
- Another wonderful experiencePaulDined on 6/22/2014One of the best returanants on the East Coast. If your ever near Easton, Maryland try this outstanding Resturant for a maeal you won't be dissapointed with. **** ResturantSpecial Features:
- Consistently great foodBabsVIPDined on 6/20/2014We try to east at Scossa every time we are in Easton. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is fun. Try a couple of half orders of pasta to enjoy multiple great dishes in one meal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a preferred dining restaurant for us. Never dispoints!Special Features:
- redwine4foodiesVIPDined on 6/18/2014Once again, we were deliciously satisfied with the wonderful food. The soft shell crab special was out of this world and the sweet bread dish melted in your mouth! They surprised us with an anniversary dessert, chocolate soufflé, which was fabulous! Our server, April, did a great job. She made good suggestions and was a very personable young lady.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchjackVIPDined on 6/14/2014food was very good,but panini was not fully cooked and soup was over-cooked. menu could stand updating.Special Features:
- NirvanaTheresaDined on 6/7/2014Scossa is awesome! We enjoyed dinner here twice and everything was fantastic. Buck, the bartender, provided exceptional service. Food is amazing. Thank you.Special Features:
- amazing findFoodangelDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I visited Scossa not knowing what to expect. We were amazed to find delicious, authentic Italian fare. After living in Italy for a year and discovering true Italian cuisine, we found that very few restaurants in the U.S. offer true Italian cuisine. Scossa is one of those few and rare finds where service, ambiance and food meet to create a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 6/7/2014Was in town for the Eagleman Tri and had asked around for a nice restaurant for dinner the night before my daughters race. Beautiful restaurant and excellent service. All our meals were incredibleSpecial Features:
- A FAVORITEJimmieDined on 6/5/2014A wonderful dining establishment. Meant to be enjoyed - do go with the expectation of a caring wait staff, a menu offering something for everyone's' taste with daily specials of local ingredients, careful preparation of your meal, relaxing with your table mates (whether it be over cocktails, wine, water, and/or after dinner drinks) without being rushed to vacate the table. Offers outside dining, weather permitting. Bartender is regular with many years experience serving standby drinks and the latest fads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchNamretDined on 5/31/2014Love this place! Fresh pasta, fresh food. Delicious sauces. Can always count on a great meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Italian food its not!NYNYDined on 5/30/2014I'm from New York and know good Italian food. I was very disappointed in the meal and so were the others in my family that joined us for a special occasion. The atmosphere, dining room and service was excellent. It felt like a great high end place, but for the money they need a new chef!Special Features:
- Always EnjoyablefoodiefanDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I have been dining at Scossa for several years. They never disappoint. We have always had exceptional service and food. This restaurant goes out of its way to make their customers happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogerRogerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Consistently good food and service. I know if I want to get a good meal that this is the place to go in Easton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2014Always consistently good. One of our very favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealEurokronerDined on 5/5/2014Ate there by myself around 5 on a Monday night. Few people at the bar and I had the restaurant part pretty much to myself! I don't eat pasta or wheat and drooled over the pasta selections - sigh! The bread basket they brought to the table looked really good but asked them to take it away- another sigh! I am not a Scallop lover but trying to eat more fish and they had a Scallop appetizer w/ mushrooms which was really good! I also chose to have another appetizer which was the Asparagus and beets. It was good - not my favorite - but it was good. The waitress was very good - I enjoyed talking with her.Special Features:
- The following 342 reviews are from the Scossa reviews archive.
- Over priced bad serviceEastonDined on 5/3/2014The location of this restaurant is very nice as well as the décor. But the service is awful. Twice in the last 2 months I have dined here and the waiters are just the worst I have ever encountered. The food is marginal at best and for the quality it is extremely overpriced. The chef clearly has a problem with sauces. The sauces on apps and entrees are just brown, lifeless and poorly constructed. Diner beware.
- errornothingDined on 5/1/2014You reserved on the wrong date. I am in Baltimore. I am going to Easton the coming weekend. I asked to reserve Saturday May 10th. Also Open Table is intrusive. All I wanted to do was reserve for Saturday May 10 th with the resturant not with an intermediarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantLMV126VIPDined on 4/27/2014My husband and I were in Easton for one night and had heard good things about Scossa. Our dinner was very delicious. The only off note was the vegetable medley. It looked delicious, but the brussels sprouts were rather overcooked and mushy. Both of our veal dishes were delicious and perfectly prepared. I loved the assortment of biscotti for dessert. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- SuperbMrFoodVIPDined on 4/24/2014As one who enjoys dining out I find Scossa to be one of my most enjoyable experiences. The owners and staff are thoughtful and caring of their patrons. Will no doubt be there a few times next week!Special Features:
- Fabulous!MadisonDined on 4/11/2014WE came to Easton to celebrate my husband's birthday, which I mentioned when I made the reservation. Everything was superb and they surprised us with a "free" tiramisu dessert! The food is delicious, service impeccable and the ambience perfect. This is our favorite restaurant of all the places we have been to, including Washington, DC, Baltimore and Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience we expectedrolverVIPDined on 4/10/2014Food was good, the server friendly but the kitchen slow and the added dessert despite our request for none...
- Italian Gem in EastonWashKVIPDined on 4/10/2014Scossa aims to please. Menu is diversified. Every item is well prepared. They will split items and accept special requests. Wine list is very good,especially, the Italian reds. Highly recommended for groups of 6 or more. Easton is fortunate to have this restaurant. Usually see a restaurant of this caliber in a major city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekMitzy1Dined on 4/4/2014I was there during Restaurant Week and the chef did not stint on providing a gourmet meal at lunch for the special budget price. The risotto with porcini mushrooms and scallops was scrumptious. And ending the meal with a decadent tiramisu was a mid-day treat. I will be back even when it's not Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.