8 North Washington Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scossarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4108222202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Scossa Lounge can accommodate both intimate small events as well larger functions up to 85 people. Our Lounge can be set up in various configurations to facilitate the objectives of your banquet and we can assist in providing a full range of business services, equipment and floral arrangements to make your event complete.
- Private Party Contact: Jini 4108222202
A word from Scossa
Encounter the delectable food and wine of Scossa Restaurant & Lounge where you will savour the classic Northern Italian cuisine created by Chef Giancarlo Tondin. With an emphasis on quality, only the freshest ingredients are selected to create cuisine that reinvigorates traditional Italian recipes. Experience the sophisticated chic décor and lively ambiance of the Scossa dinning room, bar and lounge or dine alfresco at the Scossa Café and enjoy the picturesque charm of Easton’s historic town center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Scossa - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Scossa reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (33)romantic (27)notable wine list (23)good for groups (16)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Wonderful!Our1PickDined on 10/13/2014This has become our favorite dinning establishment in easton. We come here for special occasions and are never dissatisfied. Wonder staff, elegant atmosphere, a true gem to enjoy.Special Features:
- Good food, good servicePaDianeDined on 10/12/2014This was our first time as Scossa, but we will be back. TOur server was extremely helpful and friendly--recommended a wine and help me choose between two entrees (both wine and entree were great). My dining companion had one of the featured seafood dishes--I had the eggplant and gnocchi; we both started with salads. Everything was absolutely wonderful. In fact the gnocchi were extraordinary...light airy little pillows that I would order again in a heartbeat. I'd go on raving, but you get the point..this is a good place to eat. We were seated at a banquette which is not my favorite arrangement, but the place was not noisy, and we ended up having a pleasant chat with the couple next to us. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PAWIIIDined on 10/10/2014When passing by Easton, I ALWAYS stop at Scossa! It's the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and creativeDiningDelightsDined on 9/28/2014We were totally pleased with Scossa. The reviews from diners were excellent so we expected a good experience and we were not disappointed. We particularly want to salute Richard, our primary server, as he was charming, knowledgeable, and he helped us with our choices, even forgiving me for canceling a salad because I had already eaten so much! The whole wait staff was a pleasure, courteous and immediately available. Everything about our dinner visit was grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelighttreporteDined on 9/25/2014A beautiful evening with my beautiful wife. What else could I ask for? How about outstanding food and service in an elegant atmosphere topped off with an outstanding server (Richard). Overall, a great experience !Special Features:
- Great Find in EastoncmbnovaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went for the second time this past weekend, this time for Sunday lunch and last time Saturday dinner. Totally different crowd as Sunday was not that busy, but what a very good restaurant. Great classic Italian sauces and menu items. Calamari just nicely battered. Great traditional service with good knowledge of the menu. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find in Easton.DCtravelfolksDined on 9/13/2014They knew from the reservation that it was our anniversary, which made it nice. There was no complementary food or beverage, but also no singing. This is a great chef, amazingly accommodating: wanted a cup, not a bowl of soup, got it; wanted just fresh fruit for dessert, got it; wanted gluten free pasta, got it; wanted skim milk for the coffee, got 1%; wanted dressing on the side, got it; wanted more bread, got it; wanted entree cooked with low fat, got it. You can ask for any vegetable substituted for any other veggie. You can get a little taste of 2 or 3 wines to see which you prefer, even if only ordering a single glass. Delicious food, pleasant, professional service. Bottom line: Go.Special Features:
- FOODYDined on 9/13/2014Consistently great. Try the ravioli with sage....light and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Back again after several years not visiting Easton. Same booth for two, same excellent food and service. Leftovers (large portions) back to the Hyatt freezer in Regency Club - another fine Italian meal when we get home!Special Features:
- special occasionJeffersonDined on 9/7/2014Scossa is good for any dining experience. The food is excellent, the wait staff beyond expectations, especially Richard.Special Features:
- Such a nice experience!DCdinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014We stopped in Easton for lunch on a drive back from the beach to Washington and had a wonderful time at Scossa. It was a beautiful day, we sat in the covered portico in front, service was flawless, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Always great!BambiDined on 9/3/2014Scossa is fabulous! I have never had anything but a great meal there!Special Features:
- Great evening!JerseyKVIPDined on 9/1/2014So glad we found this upscale restaurant on our recent vacation. The curry shrimp was excellent. The veal meatballs were delicious too. Scossa's service and ambiance were both terrific. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteCarlDined on 8/30/2014In a tourist town with many good restaurants, Scossa's stands out. Yes you can get Italian fare here, very nicely prepared, but if you push the chef, order off the menu, or ask for a dish prepared just so, Scossa will accommodate and delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LolaDined on 8/29/2014Great place in every way - awesome food, service and ambience!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysECFoodieDined on 8/26/2014Scossa is our go-to restaurant when we want a special meal for two and when we have out of town foodies visiting. Scossa never disappoints. Our server, Richard, really understands the menu and offers excellent advice on wine pairings. The kitchen will accommodate diner preferences. If you do not like the kale that comes with the dish, they will substitute spinach or broccolini. Our guests asked for their veal chop rare and it came to their exact specification. Scossa is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Initial greeting from hostess,OntheboardDined on 8/23/2014bartender and server demeanor, all over the top. Wine list with a wide variety and very reasonably priced. The server well versed in Italian food and full grasp of entire menu. Food portions just right and taste superb. Always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2014Whenever we are in that part of MD, we always include a dinner at Scossa's and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always in our top choicesGrannylesDined on 8/7/2014The food -- especially the risottos, to which I am addicted -- are marvelous. And they will customize any dish to your needs. Wait staff remembers regular customers and their preferences -- excellent service.Special Features:
- The bestPaulDined on 8/6/2014Food..first class Service...first class You guys have never let us down And we very much appreciate everyone for making our meal experience so so good! Thanks, Paul & HollySpecial Features:
- Loved the Risotto!xxxxxxVIPDined on 7/31/2014Scossa knows Risotto! Creaminess with texture. My version came with delicious veal meatballs. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- High Quality Great SeviceCarlDined on 7/30/2014In an area with many fine restaurants , Scossa's stands out. This is where the locals go when they want excellent food and great service. Of course in Easton the 'locals' include international businessmen, World Bank executives and former Senators. Scossa's is expensive, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good and versatileSarahDined on 7/30/2014Lovely place for a nice dinner (excellent service and food, white linen table cloths, relatively small, comfortable chairs, and so forth) but also nice for a more causal dinner. We often order a salad, pasta, and have a glass of the house Chianti -- not too expensive and not too filling. Good cocktails too. Nice place for a group dinner also. For a dinner for 10 we preordered appetizers and dessert to speed up the ordering process -- reasonably priced and very helpful about what to order.Special Features:
- Memorable mealBarbMcDined on 7/22/2014Scossa's was exceptional! The food was delicious, service impeccable and environment lovely! Perfect place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurantECFoodieDined on 7/20/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in the area. Always consistent and while somewhat expensive, you receive value for your money. We especially enjoy our server, Richard, for his dry sense of humor and willingness to engage. Service, food and ambience are all great. Brought my foodie Manhattanite brother and sister-in-law and they both thought the Scossa experience was outstanding. This past Sunday evening, we dined with friends from Philadelphia and they too loved Scossa. Our friends enjoyed the scallop and the calamari appetizers. My friend doesn't like kale, so the chef substituted spinach. Entrees were also wonderful, two of us had lamb shank, one pasta with lobster and the fourth Rockfish. All were delicious.Special Features:
- Easton GemeastonshoreVIPDined on 7/20/2014Scossa is one of our favorite restaurants in Easton, MD. Excellent - friendly & knowledgeable staff. Food is always delicious. Outdoor dining is lovely. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easton GemNaplesbeachVIPDined on 7/19/2014Scossa was a real treat, great service and food was terrific. Dover sole and risotto was outstanding. save some room for dessert! We sat outside and it was a perfect night. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Consistent favoriteORRNVIPDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed an early dinner on a hot summer evening - as always the food & service were very good - it's always worth the drive to return hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for dinnershor3dinnerDined on 7/4/2014RWe went for dinner, party for 3. The personnel is friendly and services top level. Food ... Super! I eat lamp, appetizer was calamari. Then we had pasta. Over all I rate the restaurant as a quite, excellent for dinner and great services. Parking is easy, lot of parking a in Easton town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastern Shore gemJayJee66Dined on 6/29/2014Great place for dinner in Easton. Delicious risotto, branzino, tiramisu. Lovely outdoor cafe on town square or indoor dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality and Quantity.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was very good. I had the Veal shank. It was delicious. The others had pasta with seafood and the Rock fish with rice. All good choices. Fish soup was classic. Salads fresh and tasty. Great Martini and Irish coffee!Special Features:
- The following 357 reviews are from the Scossa reviews archive.
- Another wonderful experiencePaulDined on 6/22/2014One of the best returanants on the East Coast. If your ever near Easton, Maryland try this outstanding Resturant for a maeal you won't be dissapointed with. **** ResturantSpecial Features:
- Consistently great foodBabsVIPDined on 6/20/2014We try to east at Scossa every time we are in Easton. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is fun. Try a couple of half orders of pasta to enjoy multiple great dishes in one meal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a preferred dining restaurant for us. Never dispoints!Special Features:
- redwine4foodiesVIPDined on 6/18/2014Once again, we were deliciously satisfied with the wonderful food. The soft shell crab special was out of this world and the sweet bread dish melted in your mouth! They surprised us with an anniversary dessert, chocolate soufflé, which was fabulous! Our server, April, did a great job. She made good suggestions and was a very personable young lady.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchjackVIPDined on 6/14/2014food was very good,but panini was not fully cooked and soup was over-cooked. menu could stand updating.Special Features:
- NirvanaTheresaDined on 6/7/2014Scossa is awesome! We enjoyed dinner here twice and everything was fantastic. Buck, the bartender, provided exceptional service. Food is amazing. Thank you.Special Features:
- amazing findFoodangelDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I visited Scossa not knowing what to expect. We were amazed to find delicious, authentic Italian fare. After living in Italy for a year and discovering true Italian cuisine, we found that very few restaurants in the U.S. offer true Italian cuisine. Scossa is one of those few and rare finds where service, ambiance and food meet to create a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 6/7/2014Was in town for the Eagleman Tri and had asked around for a nice restaurant for dinner the night before my daughters race. Beautiful restaurant and excellent service. All our meals were incredibleSpecial Features:
- A FAVORITEJimmieDined on 6/5/2014A wonderful dining establishment. Meant to be enjoyed - do go with the expectation of a caring wait staff, a menu offering something for everyone's' taste with daily specials of local ingredients, careful preparation of your meal, relaxing with your table mates (whether it be over cocktails, wine, water, and/or after dinner drinks) without being rushed to vacate the table. Offers outside dining, weather permitting. Bartender is regular with many years experience serving standby drinks and the latest fads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.