63 Lafayette Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scopello.net//scopello_5_border.swf
- Phone: 7188521100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 3:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Scopello
"Sleek and modern, with a distinct Sicilian accent, this ristorante is a welcome answer to a perennial outer-borough question: Where to eat near BAM? Comfortable banquettes, a spacious bar, and uncommon offerings are already pleasing the neighbors." - NyMag.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scopello reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very convenient to BAM soOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/2/2013Very convenient to BAM so good for pre-theatre meal
- Great place to eat beforejoegDined on 3/2/2013Great place to eat before events at BAM. Pasta cooked properly a dente. Delicious lamb shank special on polenta. Pasta e fagiole soup to start was light with great bean flavor.Only food I would criticize was mini pizza squares appetizer--crust very soft and a bit bland, but that may just be my taste. Service prompt and pleasant. Would certainly return.
- Great Service, Decent FoodRobLVIPDined on 2/23/2013Good solid meal before theater. Ceasar sald was fine. Pasta was fine. Short ribs that my companion had were good. Nothing to jump up and down about. But location made it easy.
- Favorite for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Scopello is one of our favorite restaurants for all the special occasions. Excellent food and amazing managerial and wait staff. We always feel welcome here and the cassatelle for dessert is phenomenal.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Wonderful experience. Staff was very friendly, food was delicious, ambiance was fabulous.Special Features:
- The food was very, very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013The food was very, very good. Service was excellent. Ambiance? Well.... It was Saturday brunch in Fort Greene. Apparently, that means Moms and toddlers in abundance. And since the Moms were mostly interested in socializing with one another,the toddlers were largely unattended (read: active and noisy). Nothing terrible or out of the ordinary (We're parents, too). It was just a bit unexpected and, had we anticipated it, we may have gone elsewhere or chosen another time of day. That said, the very high quality of the food more than made up for the occasional shriek or clatter of little feet. I wouldn't hesitate to have dinner there again -- on a school night :)Special Features:
- Perfect place to go for aEricmmVIPDined on 1/19/2013Perfect place to go for a concert at BAM. Close, comfortable, and fast enough without feeling rushed. Octopus special was very tasty, but chewy...fine for me, as too often its been cooked into mush. Grilled squid salad was great, with a nice charred edge to the flavor, and the grilled mahi-mahi was substantial.Special Features:
- loved everything about itsenoritaVIPDined on 12/6/2012loved everything about it - so convenient to the Harvey - interesting menu - the eggplant parmigiana was unusually scrumptious - the bread was delicious - first time i have seen my friend eat an entire roll dipped in the delicious oil - and incredible wine bargains! service was very charming and attentive without being overly so - look forward to going backSpecial Features:
- food really good, great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/21/2012food really good, great location for barclays events. wine pours a little skimpy for the price.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home about,ViggaVIPDined on 11/9/2012Nothing to write home about, don't think I'll be back.
- A family place with a niceRodneyVIPDined on 10/27/2012A family place with a nice mix of neighborhood folks. Close to BAM. Fills up by 7 PMSpecial Features:
- Food is great. DecorationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2012Food is great. Decoration and ambiance need a little improvement.
- This is the perfect placeCharlieSigVIPDined on 10/12/2012This is the perfect place for pre-BAM...very close by and authentic Italian food at reasonable prices. The price-fixe is a bargain.Special Features:
- Inattentive service, gristleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Inattentive service, gristle and bone in the chicken. Not ideal.
- Love Scopello! Great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Love Scopello! Great food, great atmosphere, great clientele, always leave wanting to go back.Special Features:
- Worst service ever, OK foodFoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2012Service was poor. Waiter was not knowledgeable of the wine list. At least, he was honest and said he did not known what the lightest wine was in the list. Somehow we lost our waiter, waited a while until the bartender took our order. To our surprise the food arrived promptly but they were very fast to take away our plates when we were taking the last bite! We were seating outside with other couples. As diners were leaving, people who apparently were the staff were hanging out outside, seated at the dinning tables. It got loud and annoyed. The last drop, it took 20 minutes for someone to give us the check. I had to asked someone if they wanted us to pay or else we would leave now. It took another 10 minutes to get the bill. Food was OK.
- Solid Italian JointJennlVIPDined on 5/26/2012A good solid Italian restaurant located near BAM. It won't knock your socks off, but it will fill your belly and leave you satisfied.
- great for BAM performances but...mavenVIPDined on 5/18/2012Scopello is extremely convenient for pre-BAM performances. Solid Italian food, nice served, good atmosphere. But there are lots of fine places like this, and I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. There is a pre-theater prix-fixe, but not much on it interested us. The fish is very good
- Lovingly Prepared Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/15/2012This has been our go-to restaurant whenever we attend BAM events (about 6 times a year). The food is well prepared, the menu quite varied and the service ensures that we get to BAM well-fed and relaxed. Try the Cassatella - special house dessert.Special Features: