580 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scooziboston.com/
- Phone: 6175367777
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday- 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catering Platters for special events or Business lunches
A word from SCOOZI
Scoozi began solely as a pizzeria and soon expanded our menu to include italian-american dishes. With this expansion, Scoozi took off and gained a strong following quickly. Since then, Scoozi has had a reputation for our fresh food and delicious Sangria. Scoozi is known for their delicious Sangria(6 Flavors), fresh salads, panini, pizzas, and of course home made Bourbon marinated Steak Tips, all deserts are made in house, Scoozi has over 130 seats, 6 TV's, a granite bar with 16 beers on tap( mostly local & Craft ), a large lounge perfect for gathering with friends or reading a book in the mornings, also perfect for Birthday party's or lunch meetings and of course the 50 seat outdoor patio. Come check us out!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
SCOOZI reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- jamieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Best service and pasta in town, great craft beer selection and mostly local breweries!!Special Features:
- Never disappointsBeijosDotVIPDined on 8/31/2014I eat here once a week for lunch or dinner since I work across the street. The food is fresh and delicious and a step above most informal italian/bistro style restaurants. The prices are reasonable and the wine list adequate. The pizza of the day is always imaginative and you can buy it by the slice which I appreciate. The pasta is made fresh locally, something fairly recent. Nice ambiance. A lounge area, outside patio, bar and dining area. The servers are very friendly and cheerful though not always as attentive as I would like. It never disappoints and you can always get a table.Special Features:
- good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had the spinach and artichoke dip, lemon chicken and a chicken and vegetables dish with wine sauce. Food was fresh, especially the pasta. Outdoor seating was great. Will never eat at a Fenway bar again before a game or event. Absolutely coming back here! Two blocks from the park.Special Features:
- Love Scoozi'sCorndogDined on 8/16/2014Everything was wonderful as always. Love the location, food, etc. My only issue is I feel for $8 the Sangria's are very small. Either the glasses should be bigger or the cost cheaper. They are good, but $8 for a small glass is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but the food could be betterMikeDined on 8/1/2014I recently had a business meeting that coincided with a Red Sox game. I chose Scoozi as the venue. The services was very friendly and non-rushed. The food was mixed. The appetizers were ok. As for the main meals, Scoozi was advertised as a "homemade" pasta place, but the pasta did not taste very home made. Not only did the pasta disappoint, but the portions were a bit small. Surprising, several guests ordered the antipasto salad as main meals. They came away much happier. My conclusion--if you are on an expense account, the place is acceptable. Otherwise, I would skip it.Special Features:
- Fresh food, interesting menuEmptyNesterVIPDined on 7/23/2014It's hard to put my finger on exactly where Scoozi fits on the restaurant scale. It serves a variety of pizzas, salads, Panini and pastas in a comfortable, casual atmosphere, but it's not a pizzeria. It serves beer and wine and has a clean, trendy vibe, but I wouldn't call it a full out Italian restaurant. What I can tell you is that we had a great dinner -- pasta with garlic, EVOO and parsley, salad, shrimp -- all fresh and tasty, and it hit the spot perfectly. I don't know if we'll be making reservations to take friends across town to eat there, but the next time I'm in the Kenmore Square area for lunch or dinner, Scoozi will at the top of my list.Special Features:
- DisappointedFloridaVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a disappointment. Serve was terrible, we where seated and it took her 10 min to finally show up. Ordered the Caesar salad. Hardly any dressing and the Romano that they use might as well be mozzarella it had no flavor at all. We also got the 3 mushroom pizza. If you like a goat cheese pizza than this is for you that's all you could taste.Special Features:
- DisappointedVibrantVIPDined on 6/26/2014We arrived for our reservation and we were told that Open Table overbooked the restaurant. We had to sit outside with limited table service. It was a cold night and not comfortable for dinning. The pizza was average. Nothing special. Very disappointed.
- Food/Ambiance ruined by serviceLuv2dineoutDined on 6/26/2014We liked the restaurant. The food is primarily Italian, the Fresh pasta and Sangria (6 varieties) were very good. Perfect for a nice Summer dinner out. Down side was the service. It was very rushed. as soon as we walked in, it seemed like our waitress was trying to get us out. This is how the entire hour went. Asked 3X for our dinned order in 5 minutes, salads and dinner arrived at the same time. trying to take plates before we had even finished, etc.. When I made a comment about it, the table next to us said they felt the same way. In conclusion, we really liked the food, wine, desert and the ambiance (contemporary inside, umbrella tables on a brick courtyard outside). We will probably not return due to the way we felt about the service.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the SCOOZI reviews archive.
- Great place for Beer and wineAndujarVIPDined on 6/21/2014No hard LQ.. Great food and place. If you are going to BU sports arena, best place to eat first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inedible steak tip sandwichNobodyVIPDined on 6/20/2014The steak tips in the steak tip sandwich were so tough that it was impossible to bite into the sandwich. The meat *could* be cut with a sharp knife, but was still impossible to chew. Can't remember getting anything like this in a restaurant -- ever.
- Overall great!foodie4lifeVIPDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant was awesome. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- JamesjamieVIPDined on 5/29/2014Service was great, they use fresh pasta made locally that is unbelievable and plenty of beers on tap to choose from, love this place definitely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Never made the reservation.....this is Happening a lot lately
- would not go backjaxmomDined on 4/3/2014Food iis mediocre. Waitress put in wrong order. By the time I got my correct order, my companion was done! Not for a repeat visit!Special Features: