Scoogi's Classic Italian
738 Bethlehem Pike
Flourtown, PA 19031Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scoogi's Classic Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scoogis.com/
- Phone: 2152331063
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am,
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am,
Sunday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffael Feldman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
A word from Scoogi's Classic Italian
"Scoogi's mission is to bring a bit of our family's Italian culture to you, so that you can celebrate each meal as we do. In our family, dinnertime was the centerpiece of our lives. Today, mealtime remains very special. The goal of this restaurant is to make mealtime special for you and your family. I want to recreate the feeling I love. That's my dream." -Robert Angelo RosatoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Scoogi's Classic Italian - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Scoogi's Classic Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (14)great for lunch (14)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious, Enjoyable, GreatDrRonVIPDined on 10/4/2014Server, Lindsey, was excellent. We dined in the bar area. It was busy, friendly, and fun. The food and service were, as expected, wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceDrRonVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great meal, great time, excellent service by Phillip. Always a pleasure going to Scoogi's. Always...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKScooterVIPDined on 10/1/2014We ate here based on other reviews on Open Table. We had a party of five. Three people in our group all ordered the chicken parm and said the sauce was not that good and the chicken was tough. The chicken picatta and penne pasta were good. The portion sizes are small and it is not cheap. The service was the worst I have seen in a long time. The server did not introduce herself...basically took your order, served your food and never checked back on you or brought another beverage without you tracking her down. I can't say I would rush back here. Trip Advisor and Yelp all have just ok reviews for this place and I would have to say they better reflect what you experience here.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDrRonVIPDined on 9/18/2014Bar was wonderful where friends met...and Amy, our bartender, was outstanding. Dinner in the dining room was excellent. Food was delicious, and Jo, our server, was great. The entire evening was a very positive experience, thanks to Scoogi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningDrRonVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a great time with family. Always wonderful. Food was delicious and well presented. Server Alexis was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nightoutVIPDined on 9/3/2014New menue. Deleted the salad or soup as it is now ala cart so if you want it you have to buy it. Food was very good and reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceDrRonVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great evening at Scoogi's. Food, service, people, ambiance all were special...Special Features:
- Thumbs UpRwilliamsDined on 8/2/2014I think Scoogi's provides a great ambience, with friendly staff with reasonable prices. I would recommend it to anyone looking a great local eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening OutDrRonVIPDined on 7/30/2014Always a great experience with delicious food, great service, comfortable seating.Special Features:
- Definitely a Neighborhood GemAnthonyBVIPDined on 7/30/2014One of the more consistent restaurants around. Always a top choice for lunch from the job.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysDrRonVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great evening as I've come to expect from Scoogi's. Great service, delicious food, and very comfortable seating.Special Features:
- The following 109 reviews are from the Scoogi's Classic Italian reviews archive.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Went for father's day brunch and definitly had some of the best brunch food I have eaten. Lots of options and really good deserts. I would not recommend the bloody mary, very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend for brunchCherrieVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had been here for dinner several times and liked it so we thought we would try brunch buffet. Brunch buffet was small with few choices. Omelet station options were pitifully few. Person making the omelet made it flat with the ingredients on top instead of folded over. Best part of the brunch was the dessert table but even that wasn't a great selection. The price at $29.95 each was considerably overpriced, especially compared to similar brunch buffets in the area, with a much less selection of items. We won't be going back for brunch.
- Great dining experienceDaveJrDined on 6/9/2014Went with friends for an anniversary dinner. Good food and fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatTrishDined on 5/24/2014Food was good enough, service was ok Felt my meal was rushed even though restaurant was quite. A little high priced for the quality of food. Wouldn't rush back for dinner, too many other better options in the area.Special Features:
- Good family diningTryingNewPlacesDined on 5/24/2014This is a solid American Italian restaurant. Good sauce, decent bread, nothing to write home about. Clientele when we went was 65 and up. Not a good first date place but ok for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDrRonVIPDined on 5/19/2014We had a wonderful lunch at Scoogi's. Always a great place to meet friends and family and have a stellar meal. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRama2kDined on 5/11/2014Went there for mother's day, very busy. Got seated right away, and got our drinks right away. Got our orders taken very quickly. The salad dressings were exceptionally good. The seafood manicotti was very good, and the mussels marinara was also very good. However, our waitress left something to be desired. she waited on big tables pretty well, but our table seemed to be an afterthought.Special Features:
- TimHDined on 5/11/2014Had reservations but still had to wait about 30 minutes. Waiter was terrible. Did not know the draft beers. Towards the end, waiter stated our table was his last and we would have his dedicated service. Still service was poor. Food was only decent. Will not return
- Great Italian FoodPeggyDined on 5/11/2014THis was my first visit to Scoogi's. I had penne with shrimp in vodka sauce. The shrimp were large and the sauce was delicious. My husband had the Godfather,two steaks with crabmeat and the fattest asparagus I have ever seen. We were both able to bring home a nice portion of food for the next day. For dessert,we had the strawberry cheesecake. Be forewarned,the portions are large. Probably one dessert for two people would be sufficient. Even though there were several large parties there, we did not feel cramped. We had excellent service and did not feel rushed. I will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reliable spotBlueEyeVIPDined on 4/26/2014If you're in the mood for decent Italian food in the Flourtown area this is a good spot. Portions are quite generous, service is pleasant, food is good. It's easy to become a regular here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as UsualJudyDined on 4/25/2014We've been to Scoogi's many times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The food is wonderful Italian, the atmosphere very pleasant, and the servers very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Evening Out For DinnerDrRonVIPDined on 4/23/2014Neighbors decided to get together and enjoy a nice dinner out. It was a wonderful experience with great service, delicious food, and a very warm, friendly atmosphere. Great evening and Scoogi's did an outstanding job of ensuring that everyone (including a 10-year old) had a memorable and delicious evening.Special Features:
- Food was delicious.CherrieVIPDined on 4/18/2014Food there was delicious. The facility is old and needs to be refreshed. The server was pleasant and took care of us well. The menu was varied and lots of options. Everything we ordered was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoogi's Classic Italian, FlourtownMamaBDined on 4/16/2014Have dined at Scoogi's many times. It's a great lunch stop, a good casual dinner destination, and perfect for private parties. Their food is good, fresh and well-prepared. A friend with many food allergies, including all dairy, eats here with no problem and many choices. Only advice I would give them is to clean the iced tea pot better, and stop steeping so long - - it is always bitter from overbrewing.Special Features:
- Great Time!DrRonVIPDined on 3/31/2014Had a great visit with an old friend. Started with a cocktail at the bar (Amy was fantastic), followed by dinner in the bar's seating area. Brad, our server, was great. Food, ambiance, & service were excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our 1st time there willOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Not our 1st time there will definitely returns enfold was excellent service and server excellentSpecial Features:
- Great Family DinnerDrRonVIPDined on 3/29/2014Had a great dinner with my family Saturday night. It was bustling, there was a wonderful jazz group performing in the dining room. Service and food were perfect. Always a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last minute dinner plan...DrRonVIPDined on 3/25/2014Had a great evening. Family from out of town surprised me, so we all got together at Scoogi's and had a wonderful dinner. The out of town guests were extremely impressed with the food and service (thanks to Ryan)! All good. Thank you to all. Amy is the hostess with the 'most-ess'!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!DrRonVIPDined on 3/18/2014Drinks at the bar...wonderful. Amy is fantastic. Dinner in the dining room was great. Server, Sara, was terrific. Dinner was delicious. All in all, it was a great evening at Scoogi's...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarilynMarilynDined on 3/15/2014Excellent restaurant. Brought friends with me and they will definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Get-togetherDrRonVIPDined on 2/27/2014Fun time. Food was wonderful. Bar was exciting, alive, friendly, and a lot of fun. Dinner in the dining room was, as always, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites...Foodiesx2VIPDined on 2/26/2014We are glad to see Scoogi's on Open Table.We dine there very frequently.Last time,I had the Insalata - one of the best salads ever-baby arugula,sund dried tomatoes,orange slices,delightful dressing.Hubby's Italian pork sandwich was generous and tasty - and great fries.All their soups are great-heatry delicious minestrone, very hearty escarole and bean - the other soups are great too. Worth a drive - we drive about 35 minutes to enjoy their great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutDrRonVIPDined on 2/17/2014Enjoyed a wonderful time at the bar, meeting friends, then a fantastic dinner in the dining room. Great time as usual. Excellent quality food and service. Restaurant is very comfortable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midday treatcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 2/17/2014We were so glad to be at Scoogi's, and warm and well-fed on a cold wintry day. Service, food and ambience were all so fine, and a hearty lunch for under $10 made us happy we were there.Special Features:
- Always A Great Experience!DrRonVIPDined on 2/10/2014Cocktails at the bar. Very friendly and fun. Dinner later in the dining room. Excellent. Great job and thanks to all. Ryan, our server, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014Good food, good portions, nice place. Our server seemed like she was new because she was just did not know what was on the menu or the specials for that matter. She was pleasant though. Overall a good experience, but nothing too special.Special Features:
- Great EveningDrRonVIPDined on 1/31/2014Had out of town guests, went out to Scoogi's for dinner. Busy, but service and food were great. Guests had a wonderful time and want to return the next time they are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDrRonVIPDined on 1/23/2014Enjoyed a wonderful family meal at Scoogi's with nothing but great atmosphere, food, and service. Ryan, our server, was outstanding. Scoogi's was very busy, but they were able to manage all aspects of an excellent restaurant. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutDrRonVIPDined on 1/18/2014Very busy, but the management did a great job. Place was packed, but we were seated without any problem. Food and service was exceptional. There was live music/singing and it was a wonderful background to the dining experience without being intrusive. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.