Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scomassausalito.com/
- Phone: 4153329551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: 5 days a week during the months of January & February
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: A. Samana
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call David for banquet and group bookings.
- Private Party Contact: David Wu 4153323806
A word from Scoma's Sausalito
Scoma's Sausalito is situated on the water in a historic landmark building overlooking San Francisco Bay. Scoma's has offered diners romantic views while serving superb fresh seasonal seafood and Italian specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scoma's Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
- A romantic nightYumYumsDined on 6/21/2013We were visiting Sausalito from South Carolina, and several people recommended Scoma's. They gave us good guidance--the evening was a delight, from the view to the pistachio-encrusted salmon to the refreshingly unpretentious waitress! Our only complaint is that such a good restaurant, especially one with an Italian influence, should have better bread. We hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013The food was very good. We came in a little early (15 minutes). They sat us right away . I asked for a view at time of reservation. We sat in the back with a great view of the bay. Service for very good . I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoma's - book early!LindzjoDined on 6/17/2013Our booking was on a Monday night - Lobster special night, appertiser, main and dessert! Lobster was succulent and tasty, as was the shrimp and crab stuffed sole. Portions are fair and not of the usual US 'huge' portion size. Our waitress was lovely! Decor is tranquil and stunning. Setting is absolutely beautiful, especially at the end of the restaurant, closest to and overlooking the ocean. Quality restaurant and well worth a visit, even if you're from South Africa with the terrible exchange rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah-mazingJokobeanDined on 6/16/2013Wonderful night with friends. Great food, service was nice... View was fantastic. Pricey... But we'll worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant/Casual Seafood by the BayEricFVIPDined on 6/16/2013Scoma's Sausalito offers well-prepared fresh seafood in a crowded but attractive setting. From the bay window seating area, we could see Alcatraz, Treasure Island, the Bay Bridge, and much of San Francisco as the sun set behind the city. The ferry boats from the city landing and taking off 2 doors down was an added attention getter. The room was a bit crowded, with a table for 1 wedged into a corner nearly touching our 4-top, but the noise level was moderate, and the food was outstanding. The clientele ranged from couples in t-shirts and flip-flops to businessmen in suits. The restaurant does not have a valet or parking lot - there's a private lot across the street which charges $5/hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential SF view diningvacationdinerDined on 6/14/2013Great food with a fabulous view of San Francisco (if you get the right table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fading glorynevadaDined on 6/13/2013Walking through a wait station is the prelude to an underwhelming dining experience. The salmon was over cooked, the petrale sole was a small portion, only the fresh Haibut was the least bit inspiring. The cobbler and Creme brulee desserts were superior to the main courses. If this was a $20 pp experience it would be fine but the bill for 3 with just one glass of wine came to over $100. The Bay Area is filled with resturants. Study the top 100 and don't stray. Unless you are stuck in Sausalito, there are much better alternatives. Skip the view and enjoy better food elsewhere.Special Features:
- Lovely Bay-side spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/12/2013Beautiful place, and very good food. My fish was a bit heavily sauced, but excusable. Very good service from friendly staff. And the view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoma's deliversRonnieDined on 6/12/2013Although it's bee there for years the food, wine and atmosphere continues to improve. The scallops and halibut were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoma's offers one of theJon1Dined on 6/11/2013Scoma's offers one of the best views of San Francisco from their back patio. Once the sun goes down it is absolutely amazing. Service was great and they were very accomodating from the initial seating, to the after dinner drinks. Our food was out quickly and in totality it was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oily and sourOliveoilnbalsamicDined on 6/10/2013I had a very bad experience with our waitress, she spilled the olive oil with balsamic vinegar on my arm and pants. She was very rude to us. This restaurant was one of my fave pasta restaurants, not anymore!Special Features:
- A wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/8/2013We visited Scoma's in Sausolito for my wife's birthday. We were looking forward to enjoying the spectacular views along with the spectacular food and we were not disapointe on either account. We have be going to Scoma's in San Francisco for years but wanted to try their sister restaurant in Sausolito. We'd recommend either location if you are looking to enjoy some fine dining and service. Ciao Bella.Special Features:
- Open Table is greatJayboiDined on 6/8/2013For many years, I have visited San Francisco about once a year and always like to drive to Sausalito and dine at Scoma's. This year I called for a reservation in the afternoon and was told there were absolutely no tables available at the time frame I wanted. I then went to Open Table on my smart phone and was given a reservation at the time I wanted (5:30 PM). Thank-you Open Table! The meal was great as usual although we were seated next to a loud group and there were several open tables that were never filled the whole time we were there. So again I appreciate Open Table and their reservation system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotJamesGangDined on 6/5/2013Flew in from Atlanta, stopped by Scoma on the way to Napa. Could not have had a better meal The food was superb, the setting extraordinary and the staff friendly and engagingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013Service was attentive, but food was bland with no artistry on the plate. The fish and vegetables were not hot when brought to the table. Not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great Food with a VieweaterDined on 5/30/2013We are somewhat regulars at Scoma's. This is simply because we have never had anything other than a great meal and a great experience. Whenever the sand dabs are available, I always make that choice, and once again was rewarded. My wife usually has their calimari, but this time she opted for their shellfish saute, which is pricey, but definitely worth it. The view of the city from most of the tables is first rate. Service is always exceptional, with the staff knowledgeable about the products and able to give very competent advice. If you are in Sausalito and don't try this opportunity, then shame on you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet up!romanellyVIPDined on 5/28/2013A great find on the water with scenic view of San Francisco. Super place to take guests visiting Marin County!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to DetailFoodaucityDined on 5/26/2013I made our reservation at Scoma's (via Open Table) and, mentioning it was our 4th wedding anniversary, requested a window table if possible. When we arrived that night the host congratulated us on our anniversary and saw that we were seated at the most scenic and private corner of the restaurant (past the kitchen, back in the NE corner). Service all evening was spot-on and the dishes were both inspired and beautifully executed. The wine list is extensive and you can order wines as good as Rombauer Chardonnay by the glass. As everyone else has mentioned, the view is awesome is your seated in a good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appreciation place 4 clientsPatrishDined on 5/23/2013We have wonderful clients in your area and around the San Francisco area that we appreciate so much. This is a spectacular place to take them for lunch to show our appreciation. The food, service and view is great and look forward to dining there again soon. The reservation form on the computer was easy to use and someone confirmed in less than an hour with our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The front room has a betterCOOLDDined on 5/17/2013The front room has a better view and people appeared to be more dressed up. I should've asked to be in the front room at time of reservation. We sat next to people who were wearing shorts and t-shirts, and we had mostly a view of the parking lot. The parmesian crusted grouper and the pistachio crusted salmon were both excellent, and they had my wife's favorite local IPA. The servers were friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013We chose Scoma's to celebrate our daughter's college graduation because of the location ...Sausalito is one of our favorite towns in Northern California...and the beautiful views of the bay. We have eaten here before and the food is always good. On this occasion, we had a table with amazing views of the water, excellent service thanks to Clem, and a very enjoyable dining experience. The oysters, caprese salad, shellfish sauté and cioppino were favorites on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining with Expansive ViewsVivieDined on 5/14/2013On our last night of vacation we visited Scoma's Sausalito and enjoyed the Parmesan scallops and crab & lobster stuffed sole. Both entrees were incredibly fresh and presented beautifully, accompanied by fresh mixed vegetables. The grilled artichoke starter with lemon creme fraiche was delectable. We finished our meal with dark roast coffee and shared a chocolate torte with raspberry sauce. The waitstaff are deft with ensuring water glasses are kept full and clearing plates, without being obtrusive. The waterfront views and charm of a small, romantic dining room just add to a wonderful experience. We will definitely return to Scoma's on our next visit.Special Features:
- We went to the one in SausalitoBlack044VIPDined on 5/10/2013We went to the one in Sausalito and it was amazing! Great sandwiches, perfect atmosphere for lunch, I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2013Scomas is a great place to relax enjoy great food and enjoy a wonderful view of San Francisco. The food is spectacular. I would highly recommend it t anyone.Special Features:
- Arrived early for reservation4GirlsDined on 5/3/2013Not just a little early, but an hour early. Apparently, we weren't the only ones. Two other parties before us, also arrived way ahead of their reservation time. But, we were taken care of with no problem. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service were good butPaulDined on 5/1/2013Food & service were good but not worth the high price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of MarinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2013Pleasant waitress, sense of humor, beautiful eyes, attentive service. Spectacular view of San Francisco. Table ready on arrival. Food excellent. Parking a potential problem but there is Valet parking next door at the Trident.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my San Francisco mustsReeceVIPDined on 4/23/2013Great food. Try the crab cake. I has pistachio crusted Salmon in balsamic sauce. Very good. Great view of the Bay Area. Also, try their location near Fisherman's Wharf. They offer two different ambience but both offer great food.Special Features:
- The staff are great, theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013The staff are great, they go to great lengths to accomodate customers. Every dish we tried was fantastic. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Try the salmon.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/20132nd time there. Wonderful food. 1 of a kind view of the bay. Attentive and knowledgeable staff. A little pricey but we'll be back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Marin standy by but......CookieDined on 4/19/2013I wish I could say I had a better experience.....it's noisy, the chairs are unbearably uncomfortable and it's outdated....but, if you are looking for a killer view....Scomas is the placeSpecial Features:
- We got the great food we expected.FoodyscientistDined on 4/19/2013We got the great food we expected. I also got the romantic view I had hoped for on our anniversary but did not really expect. The staff took great care of us and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Best place to dinner & get engaged!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013We had a great time!!! We loved the food and the service was excellent! We got engaged after our diner at the terrace and it was spectacular :)))))))))Special Features:
- fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013our waitress was amazing and the food was incredible! the lobster was to die for and the crab cakes were mouth watering!Special Features:
- Excellent food preparationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Excellent food preparation and nicely presented. Spectacular view. Dedicated staff that were friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great ambiance & foodLewy8Dined on 4/8/2013Food was delicious & fresh! Service was very good & they said we could sit outside but if we got cold, could move inside. That was very nice of them! We sat outside & it was perfect. This is a great spot to dine in the evening or for lunch.Special Features:
- We always enjoy Scoma's.GibbsDined on 4/7/2013We always enjoy Scoma's. My wife had been away on a trip, so it was a great way to reconnect.Special Features:
- Great menu options. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013Great menu options. Everything met or exceeded expectations - drinks, food, and service.Special Features:
- The restaurant was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013The restaurant was really good, wine was terrific, service was excellent. We requested a window view to see the bay and were seated at a great table with a view. The food was great, I had risotto, the scallops in it were some of the best I've had.Special Features:
- Good food with a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Good food with a very nice location for a good dinner in a convenient location. We would go back if we were in the area again.Special Features: