1 Al Scoma Way
Pier 47, Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scomas.com/
- Phone: 4157714383x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alan Fairhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scoma's is located on its own Pier nestled among the local fishing boats in the Fisherman's Wharf District. We have several dining rooms that we can, at times, book out for private events. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nick McGreevy 8884870332
- Cross Street: Jefferson Street
- Public Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47
Street Car - F Line
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking at the restaurant on Pier 47. We also validate at the Fisherman"s Wharf 'Traingle Lot' located at Jefferson St & Taylor St.
A word from Scoma's Restaurant
Our Fisherman's Wharf seafood restaurant is steeped in a family tradition of quality and service. Still family owned and operated, Scoma’s opened in 1965, when brothers Al and Joe Scoma took over a six table coffee shop serving fishermen on the wharf. Using their mother’s recipe collection, the Scoma brothers' humble café evolved over the years becoming the quintessential San Francisco dining destination it is today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Scoma's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Scoma's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
507 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (309)special occasion (283)fit for foodies (171)neighborhood gem (158)great for lunch (140)romantic (133)notable wine list (106)good for groups (96)hot spot (69)kid-friendly (55)great for brunch (43)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My friend and I were in San Francisco to celebrate my birthday and she suggested that we check out this restaurant. I'm not a seafood fan, but I found an amazing dish on the price fixed lunch menu for not too much. I loved being in a fancy restaurant and being on the bay! It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Fisherman's Wharf placeTLYHDined on 8/29/2014Fantastic "old school" white table cloth style seafood restaurant... white coat professional waiters who know what they are doing and know their cuisine. Picturesque view of the wharf the fishing boats. Excellent menu... food superbly prepared. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Scomas special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Thanks to Mat (our server) for helping me make this a special evening. I proposed to my girlfriend - took a knee in the middle of the restaurant - with Mat taking pics of the whole proposal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest fish, beautifully servedLVTREVIPDined on 8/28/2014We always return to Scoma's on our annual trip to San Francisco. The petrale is divine (and so is the rest of the menu) and the service is friendly and unhurried. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Wow! The staff really helped me out when my friend didn't arrive to meet me. After 30 minutes they let me use the phone as I forgot my cell. They also determined that she might be in Sausalito instead of the Wharf. She was, so we connected and she joined me another 30 minutes later. I was given a seat and offered drinks. The view was great so I didn't mind the wait.Special Features:
- Great ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We booked Scomas for our 25th wedding anniversary dinner after a recommendation from a friend. We are so pleased we did! What wonderful service and wonderful food, John B was our server and did a terrific job. Thanks John B and Scomas for making our anniversary dinner very memorable. Matthew and Pauline Lomas, Bundaberg, Queensland... Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Service and food are always great- came for anniversary dinner all the way from Los Angeles - my wife was looking forward to their lobster, but was told they did not have it due to supply issue - when the waitress say my wife's disappointment, she spoke to the chef, and hey put together some baby tails that were amazing - there was no stress, many laughs, and we felt well taken care of by our server - can't say enough what a pleasant experience we had -Special Features:
- Gus the Great!JustjillDined on 8/23/2014The drinks and food were fabulous, the bar and restaurant atmosphere were great, but our waiter Gus was the best!!!Special Features:
- phishlovrphishlovrDined on 8/23/2014Freshest Salmon ever, perfect..... and same as well for the appetizer, another great experience........... Thank you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestJRinLAVIPDined on 8/23/2014I ordered a shrimp & scallop combo. By the time my food arrived at my table, it was already cold. The mashed potatoes were hard, the steamed veggies were cold, discolored and unappetizing (they looked like they had been cooked quite a long time ago and were just now making it to my plate), and my seafood was cool as well. the scallops tasted quite gritty. It was disappointing, as I have eaten at the Scoma's over in Sausalito many times and usually take my family and friends there to dine when they come to visit. The food at that location has always been consistently good. This time we went to Scoma's in San Francisco instead, and it was disappointing. It certainly wasn't worth the hefty price.
- Overpriced for the qualityshanaDined on 8/23/2014Scoma's is not the same - truly disappointed especially with first-time visitors to the Wharf. The location and ambiance is still there. The wait staff is attentive and friendly, but the food didn't warrant the extravagant prices, even for its "name." Delicious bread and crab cakes. The oyster selection didn't include any local oysters which would have been better than what we had. My husband was looking forward to the Cioppino and he was so disappointed. Rightfully called "poor man's Cioppino" for the lack of seafood in it. Altho' my garlic roasted crab was tasty, it was very small, making cracking and eating difficult. Guest couldn't even finish her Ahi patty, all filling and little tuna. That sums up Scoma's - Too little for Too much.Special Features:
- Always great diningprwlr99Dined on 8/22/2014We visit SF for two weeks every year and Scoma's is a must. We have been going to Scoma's for six years and it is always a high point of our trip. The seafood is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteJohnSutroDined on 8/21/2014Location, staff, food... all 'over-the-top' excellent.Special Features:
- A special night in San FranRedsDiningDined on 8/20/2014Anytime we are visiting San Fran, Scoma's at Fishermans Wharf is always a must visit. The food and ambience never disappoints. All of our appetizers (calamari, shrimp cocktail, clam chowder) were delicious! And, the entrees were amazing as well. The seafood tasted like it just came off the fishing boat. With the pierside ambience, lovely sunset, and wonderful service from Lillian, it was another fabulous meal at Scoma's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelrDined on 8/20/2014A great place for any occasion. Have been here many times over the years and always find it wonderful. Just enough off the tourist traffic to not be over run by them. A nice mix of regulars and out of towners such as us. When people look down the alley they most often don't realize there is a fantastic restaurant on the pier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoma's Scores BigchefjeffDined on 8/20/2014Scoma's SF birthday lunch was fantastic. The prices I thought were fair considering the location and history of the restaurant. My wife and I tried the hot appetizer consisting shrimp, calamari and two crab cakes. Breaded calamari was cooked with no rubbery texture and the crab cakes had plenty of crab in the mixture. We both had the scallops with a creamy saffron sauce. The scallops had an excellent carmelized "crust" and scallop was not dried out or rubbery. Garlic mashed potatoes and spinach were also great. Service was excellent as waiter and bus boy worked in a team. Bread, water, and clearing plates was spot on. The food was worth every penny and I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Scoma's food, service, and location( on Pier 47 Fisherman's Wharf), cannot be beat. We have been going to Scoma's for over 30 years and have NEVER had as good a sea food as we have enjoyed at Scoma's. The fish is fresh, served perfectly, and always with a smile from the attentive, but not overly pushy, wait staff.Special Features:
- really fun...HBMBDined on 8/18/2014Excellent service and seafood that was cooked perfectly and presented very nicely... it's just a bit off the hustle and bustle of the pier so if you prefer a quieter spot with water views, I strongly recommend this restaurant. Excellent, crisp salad, and a divine swordfish piccata! Outstanding service, too -- while we never waited for the next course, we were not hurried along as it sometimes happens in hot spots like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not special.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Too expensive given the location and lack of superior quality. We also didn't care for the excessive number of golfing photos.Special Features:
- So sohappyoneDined on 8/18/2014Disappointed vs. what I had heard. The food was fresh but not kind of plain - not creatively presented or seasoned much. The atmosphere was also a little lacking - literally everyone around me was in jeans and tennis shoes. The view was OK - looking at a small boat slip with a side view of Aliotos and Grotto #9. One person, simple dinner $70 - Boudins Bistro is way better for the same money.
- Not worse it!GinginDined on 8/17/2014Overrated. So many more better restaurants to choose from. The fish was good , but nothing special.Pasta as a side was totally watery and over cooked. The vegetables were tasteless. Could not order dessert, since waitress did not return to take order.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eatMikeDined on 8/16/2014The service was great. Our waiter was a pleasure to deal with, and the crab was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Swordfish DinnerMikeDined on 8/16/2014Comfortable restaurant, they were extremely busy but the wait staff was attentive but not smothering. we both had the swordfish with lemon and capers. It was the best swordfish I've ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood dinnerkenmin5VIPDined on 8/16/2014A very good place for dinner. Glad we had open table reservations as the wait was over one hour. We were seated promptly and enjoyed a fresh seafood dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchon2vacaDined on 8/16/2014We had a fantastic lunch. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- Superb!Hass1Dined on 8/15/2014Scomas was an outstanding dinner in all respects. Service was excellent, as was the food! The lobster bisque and the clam chowder were fantastic. Shrimp annuzi and calamari dinner were perfect. The bread pudding is a must try, outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FinestSFFresno57Dined on 8/15/2014It was the finest seafood meal I have ever had in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Beware of added cost to billLadoDined on 8/14/2014Food is very good but overpriced. The restaurant adds an additional 4% tax to cover health care benifits for employees (you can thank our President once again for getting the government involved). So beware of an expensive meal.Special Features:
- Served comfortable and relax timeNYA2014Dined on 8/13/2014We were really pleased with the excellent service. Food was delicious and well timed service were given by gentle man who took care of our table. We want to be back when will go to San Francisco, again.Special Features:
- ScomasddfoodreviewsDined on 8/12/2014Excellent - pricey - but worth it - go and create a memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerelnjayDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at my Hotel and it did not disappoint. The service was there when we wanted it but never obtrusive. The meals were well prepared and attractive and serving size was generous without being overly so. There is a good selection of wines to suit all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoma's is a must!AllieVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our tour guide recommended Scoma's for the best place for seafood on the Warf. Scoma's definitely lived up to the recommendation. Outstanding food paired with impeccable service provided by our server Sal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCSEDined on 8/9/2014Service was great until our server left for the evening. Once we received our food our steak was overcooked and took at least 25 minutes to get a new steak. I would not go back to this restaurant or recommend it. The amount we paid for the meal was to expensive for the quality of food we received.
- Special eveningsmoutseatoutDined on 8/9/2014We had a fantastic dinner here, with our 2 kids, to celebrate our wedding anniversary whilst on vacation in San Fran. Food, service and atmosphere was all excellent, so glad we booked here. Thank you.Special Features:
- ADCOMMDined on 8/9/2014One of those places that doesn't change. Haven't been there in years and it still holds up with good food and service. Has a much more local feel than most of the places on the water.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningSeafoodloverDined on 8/8/2014Arrived early for reservations and promptly seated. Wonderful staff and knowledgeable water who gave detailed descriptions. Food was delicious and drinks are not watered down. Could not have had a better evening after flying in from Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SF Dining spotMUWarrior97Dined on 8/7/2014Always a great spot to take SF visitors, have taken many family and co-workers here over the years and nobody has ever walked away disappointed in the meal or restaurant choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IbeshugieJoJoDined on 8/7/2014The bartender was great. Our server was lovely. The food was mediocre at best. Had swordfish piccata. Don't. Loaded with sauce. Couldn't taste the fish. Very expensive for what you get. Sorry
- Anniversary well celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We had specifically requested a window table for our anniversary, but were seated in the middle of the room. Service was slow in the beginning, but we loved our waiter by the end! We found out a couple of days later, after being written up for a no show, that we did not receive our requested table because the hostess failed to check us in on our reservation. Our waiter made the evening memorable anyway, and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- SF wharf eats3foodiesDined on 8/5/2014Before going to Scoma's for our 7:30 reservation, we stopped by an aquarium and pier 39. Both were disappointments and I called to ask if we could come in an hour early. I was told I could but could not promise when we could be seated. When we arrived, they seated us in 5 minutes even though there many people waiting. Our server was very helpful and professional. We were served quickly and the food was very good. It was a great experience for our first time visit.Special Features: