1 Al Scoma Way
Pier 47, Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scomas.com/
- Phone: 4157714383x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alan Fairhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scoma's is located on its own Pier nestled among the local fishing boats in the Fisherman's Wharf District. We have several dining rooms that we can, at times, book out for private events. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nick McGreevy 8884870332
- Cross Street: Jefferson Street
- Public Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47
Street Car - F Line
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking at the restaurant on Pier 47. We also validate at the Fisherman"s Wharf 'Traingle Lot' located at Jefferson St & Taylor St.
A word from Scoma's Restaurant
Our Fisherman's Wharf seafood restaurant is steeped in a family tradition of quality and service. Still family owned and operated, Scoma’s opened in 1965, when brothers Al and Joe Scoma took over a six table coffee shop serving fishermen on the wharf. Using their mother’s recipe collection, the Scoma brothers' humble café evolved over the years becoming the quintessential San Francisco dining destination it is today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Scoma's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Scoma's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
499 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (266)special occasion (245)fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (156)romantic (124)great for lunch (122)good for groups (113)notable wine list (92)hot spot (75)kid-friendly (51)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (20)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Always Great!archygirlDined on 10/27/2014My family has been visiting Scoma's on and off for thirty years; every time my parents were in San Francisco. So, for my milestone birthday, I chose to eat at Scoma's. No surprise, the food, service, and everything were wonderful! I am so happy to have been able to spend another important event at Scoma's and look forward to another visit soon! Bravo, Scoma's.Special Features:
- Scoma's never disappointsSanDiego1Dined on 10/27/2014I have made it a point to dine at Scoma's when I visit San Francisco. The food is always excellent. I had the special (broiled Halibut over vegetables) - it was phenomenal. Our waiter was attentive, but did not rush us. The wine list is reasonable and there are some good values on the wine list Scoma's remains one of my tried and true favoritesSpecial Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Scoma's has been a family favorite for decades. While often ordered the shellfish saute sec, my father's usual was the Linguini and Clams, though you have different names for both entrees. Last night, one week after my Father passed, my Son and I decided to dine at Scoma's as a tribute to my father. I ordered my Father's favorite and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Expect the expectedLove2EatDined on 10/26/2014I haven't been to Scoma's in over 15 years as I have been living in Asia and family visits to the States are confined mainly to SoCal or NY. My visit here this time brought back many good eating memories. The clam chowder, crab cakes, crab salad, mixed grilled seafood, fish of the day and the panna cotta are exactly as good as they were then. Yes the ingrediants are fresh but the flavoring is just perfect, allowing me to enjoy the natural juices of the food. Get there earlier then your reservation and have a drink and chat with great bartenders and David our server was always on the ball.Special Features:
- Old reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014Over the past 40 years I have probably eaten here a half dozen times and the food is always fresh and well prepared. The cioppino is as good today as it was 40 yrs ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skip it.BillDined on 10/24/2014Food service a views were excellent. Make a reservation otherwise you'll wait a long time.Special Features:
- DeliciousMarinFoodieDined on 10/24/2014We met some longtime friends for dinner on Friday night. Was surprised we got a reservation for four the day before from Open Table. The food and service was great we had four different entrees and they were all good. The calamari appetizer was outstanding. The wines were reasonably priced. They have complementary valet parking, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sets the barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Awesome restaurant, silver service This place never fails to deliver time and time again. This restaurant is a true icon that is always memorable for all guests I take there. I'm constantly reminded by people i've taken there, often years later, and how they also have taken others there and loved it time and time again. Recommend booking in advanceSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentluvAnnapolisDined on 10/24/2014We were told this restaurant was a "must go". I wish we wouldn't have. Our drinks were marginal, our food the same, and the service also! We wished we would not have wasted our last dinner in San Fran at Scoma.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Good food, great service, fabulous location. Restaurant really needs updating.Special Features:
- Way too expensive for what you get!JTreeDined on 10/23/2014Went to this restaurant on a recommendation. First of all, the web site is outdated and I could not download or view the menu before we went. That should have been an indicator that they do not want you know the prices. If I had, we would not have gone. The menu selections in my opinion were limited and very overpriced, so my wife and I went for the fixe-price menu. Again, the fixe-price menu was really expensive for the value you received. The halibut was barely warm on the inside. My wife had the pasta and thought it was OK. We ended up spending $140.00 for a meal at a restaurant that is too hyped-up. Next time I'm in San Fran, I'll definitely will go somewhere else.Special Features:
- quality seafoodcagirlDined on 10/23/2014Scoma's always has the freshest seafood and the best bread ever. Their crab louie, while pricey has the sweetest crab and great quality vegetables in the salad. One of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014We are from Minnesota and the friends in our group from Texas. We planned our visit to San Francisco around fining the right night to celebrate our anniversary and birthday around dinner at Scomas. We loved it, as we always do.Special Features:
- Great seafood!KrisGKDined on 10/21/2014I had friends visiting the Bay Area from London and staying in San Francisco. I invited them to take the ferry to Sausalito, met them at the ferry and walked to Scoma's for dinner. The view was spectacular, the seafood delicious and the service good. We were able to try a couple of wines before choosing our favorite (the one our server recommended). It was a lovely dinner, and the restaurant was quiet enough for us to converse and catch up on each other's lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your stopwatchdonfromwestboroughVIPDined on 10/21/2014Have never felt so rushed at a restaurant. From the moment we sat down to eat the waiter was hovering over us. Presented menus, came by almost immediately after asking if we knew what we wanted, came back 2 minutes later when we asked for more time, etc. Seemed almost disappointed that we ordered dessert. Had "medium rare" tuna that was the other side of well done. You would have thought that if they rushed the cooking like they did the customer that the tuna might have had at least a little pink in it. Restaurant would be what you would see if you looked up 'tourist trap' in the dictionary.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The seafood was amazing and plentiful. Best I've had in San Fran.Special Features:
- Wade thru the Crazy 4 Amazing Crab!rdcampDined on 10/19/2014Scoma's was recommended to us for the Dungeness Crab. It did not disappoint! This was our first time to San Francisco however, and we were unprepared for the craziness that is Fisherman's Wharf. For folks who want a complete relaxing dinner experience, this is not the place...but we were blown away by the crab and the server's excellent wine pairing recommendation.Special Features:
- Overpriced. Bad service.NewcomelVIPDined on 10/19/2014Not that great. The wait was a long time. The food average. The crab no better than red lobster. The service spotty.
- Food was OKDeliciousnessDined on 10/19/2014A little disappointed. Food was OK but not excellent. I had the crab cakes and do not recommend...lots of filler. Chowder is very watery.Special Features:
- Lunch at Scoma's Restaurantyuki12Dined on 10/19/2014What a wonderful experience. I had the sand daps that were grilled and served with rice and string beans. The sand daps were so tasty. The service was outstanding. I will definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- historicninafresaDined on 10/18/2014Scomas is a San Francisco historical favorite! After years and years it is still a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- CarolynVIPDined on 10/17/2014Knowledgable server Great recommendations Everything was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationallycDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I where at the New York Rangers game in Madison Square Garden we got talking to one of the locals and mentioned to him we were on our honeymoon from Australia and we were going to San Francisco next, he insisted we go to Scomas Restaurant at Fishermans Wharf and get the Lazyman Cippiono as it was the best it didnt disappoint. The dish was awesome and I would recommend anyone going to San Francisco to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was really good.OutandAboutDined on 10/15/2014Visited while in town for a conference with two other people. Made a reservation ahead of time and still waited about 45 minutes to be seated. Front of house forgot about us. Either way, once we sat down and got our food, we were all very pleased. Food was amazing and our server was really attentive.Special Features:
- Great seafoodSummerDined on 10/15/2014Risotto was delicious And our server was great! The calamari was delicious but the atmosphere could of been a little more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SF Restaurant Institution!ChuckDined on 10/14/2014Thank you Scoma's - I've been dining there for the past 35 years! I love the characters that work there & the history. I remember coming to Scoma's when I was a kid (and being afraid of that big boxer-guy with the eye-out.) Later on when I was an adult, I met him once before he retired - he was very nice to me. I heard stories about him when I was at Scoma's earlier this week - loved it! Recommendation: Don't change a thing except put those pasta noodles back on the Captain's Plate vs rice. Put some white fish back into the fried seafood mix also - then 100% just like in the good ole days! Thanks Scoma's!Special Features:
- BitsyBitsyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great food! Great service! Brought our niece and her husband there for the first time. They were blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkellyctCtfoodieDined on 10/12/2014Food was great! Service was excellent. A very busy restaurant! I would not go there for a true dining experience, they get you in and out very quickly! Bread pudding was amazing! Homemade ice cream too!Special Features:
- Sunday evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Great view, great service, and great food. Would go back again for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentsonomacountyfoodloverDined on 10/11/2014Scoma's is a great restaurant for locals and tourists, in the real area of Fisherman's Wharf. Have been going there for years; always excellent food and good service. Worth the wait for a good table. It's a bit noisy, but that's part of the atmosphere. By the way, handicapped (wheelchair) friendly.Special Features:
- Scoma disappointedaveragejoedinerDined on 10/10/2014upon entering you get this smell in your nose, its your grandparents house, yes it smells like that. was crowded but with older local patrons. we were asked if we wanted a window table, we said yes, we got a table looking over rickity boats and beat up shacks. broken bottles were on pier outside our window. this is a seafood rest. without crab, no mashed potatoes. ordered steak medium well, came very well done and burnt. wife had three course meal for $40.00, the main course was a small piece of fish so small she ate it in four bites. I asked waiter to turn up music, he said it was broken. wine was pricy, menu limited, was down an alley onto a dark lit pier. building was 1950's. I would not recommend this, would not go back. disappointing.
- MJ37Dined on 10/10/2014This is the second time I have been here. First with my daughter for lunch on our SF girls weekend a few years ago. This time with my husband for our 33rd anniversary. We really enjoyed it. Great fresh seafood! Large portions. Service was wonderful. Using Open Table our table was ready and waiting for us.Special Features:
- Scoma's SFSarahLDined on 10/10/2014Lovely place to have lunch with a great friend! Lovely atmosphere, because of the views and location. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant on the Wharfluv2dine2Dined on 10/9/2014Scoma's offers the freshest seafood within a variety of preparations. Professional yet friendly wait staff efficiently attend to your every dining need. Delicious cocktails, a reasonably priced wine list, and onsite parking. As reliable as an old friend and, like a fine wine, one who continues to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!!!Luca1fortalezaDined on 10/9/2014A nice restaurant, sea side view, not noise, good service, good food nice wine list! Crab was great, lobster was fresh but served with to much butter and mushroom , quite a surprise for a termidor recipe!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making memoriesjenagirl14Dined on 10/8/2014My granddaughter has been through a lot and we had a follow up at Children's hospital so I wanted to treat her mom , my daughter, and Jena to a wonderful overnight stay in your beautiful city. They had never been to Scoma and they just loved the food and friendly service. My granddaughter loves clams and she ordered the big size bowl and ate everyone. Great waitress,great service and wonderful memories. Thank You!Special Features:
- RogerDined on 10/7/2014The reception was excellent as was the waiter. My friends liked their meals (crab cakes, ciappino,) but I was somewhat disappointed in the dungeness crab. crab had too strong of a garlic taste and was too well done Wine was very good. Nevertheless, I would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Food was delicious, our waiter was Chris, so friendly and never had a waiter so helpful. He made it all the best night, loved the fact that he knew what we should order and We could not have been happier, delicious food,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerHard2pleaseDined on 10/7/2014Possibly our 25th visit here. It's alway busy, always been served right with only the very freshest fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafront delightMarigold1Dined on 10/6/2014It's a noisy and vibrant place on the pier and it's hard to find your way to the meet and greet team. But, it's worth the wait. The food is all fishy and is fabulous. The company and service was efficient and come highly recommended. But it's not a quiet night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.