1 Al Scoma Way
Pier 47, Fisherman's Wharf
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scomas.com/
- Phone: 4157714383x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alan Fairhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scoma's is located on its own Pier nestled among the local fishing boats in the Fisherman's Wharf District. We have several dining rooms that we can, at times, book out for private events. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nick McGreevy 8884870332
- Cross Street: Jefferson Street
- Public Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47
Street Car - F Line
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking at the restaurant on Pier 47. We also validate at the Fisherman"s Wharf 'Traingle Lot' located at Jefferson St & Taylor St.
A word from Scoma's Restaurant
Our Fisherman's Wharf seafood restaurant is steeped in a family tradition of quality and service. Still family owned and operated, Scoma’s opened in 1965, when brothers Al and Joe Scoma took over a six table coffee shop serving fishermen on the wharf. Using their mother’s recipe collection, the Scoma brothers' humble café evolved over the years becoming the quintessential San Francisco dining destination it is today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Scoma's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Scoma's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
487 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (265)special occasion (242)fit for foodies (182)neighborhood gem (152)great for lunch (122)romantic (121)good for groups (111)notable wine list (90)hot spot (74)kid-friendly (50)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Overpriced. Bad service.NewcomelVIPDined on 10/19/2014Not that great. The wait was a long time. The food average. The crab no better than red lobster. The service spotty.
- historicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Scomas is a San Francisco historical favorite! After years and years it is still a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- CarolynVIPDined on 10/17/2014Knowledgable server Great recommendations Everything was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I where at the New York Rangers game in Madison Square Garden we got talking to one of the locals and mentioned to him we were on our honeymoon from Australia and we were going to San Francisco next, he insisted we go to Scomas Restaurant at Fishermans Wharf and get the Lazyman Cippiono as it was the best it didnt disappoint. The dish was awesome and I would recommend anyone going to San Francisco to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Visited while in town for a conference with two other people. Made a reservation ahead of time and still waited about 45 minutes to be seated. Front of house forgot about us. Either way, once we sat down and got our food, we were all very pleased. Food was amazing and our server was really attentive.Special Features:
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Risotto was delicious And our server was great! The calamari was delicious but the atmosphere could of been a little more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SF Restaurant Institution!ChuckDined on 10/14/2014Thank you Scoma's - I've been dining there for the past 35 years! I love the characters that work there & the history. I remember coming to Scoma's when I was a kid (and being afraid of that big boxer-guy with the eye-out.) Later on when I was an adult, I met him once before he retired - he was very nice to me. I heard stories about him when I was at Scoma's earlier this week - loved it! Recommendation: Don't change a thing except put those pasta noodles back on the Captain's Plate vs rice. Put some white fish back into the fried seafood mix also - then 100% just like in the good ole days! Thanks Scoma's!Special Features:
- BitsyBitsyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great food! Great service! Brought our niece and her husband there for the first time. They were blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkellyctCtfoodieDined on 10/12/2014Food was great! Service was excellent. A very busy restaurant! I would not go there for a true dining experience, they get you in and out very quickly! Bread pudding was amazing! Homemade ice cream too!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentsonomacountyfoodloverDined on 10/11/2014Scoma's is a great restaurant for locals and tourists, in the real area of Fisherman's Wharf. Have been going there for years; always excellent food and good service. Worth the wait for a good table. It's a bit noisy, but that's part of the atmosphere. By the way, handicapped (wheelchair) friendly.Special Features:
- Scoma disappointedaveragejoedinerDined on 10/10/2014upon entering you get this smell in your nose, its your grandparents house, yes it smells like that. was crowded but with older local patrons. we were asked if we wanted a window table, we said yes, we got a table looking over rickity boats and beat up shacks. broken bottles were on pier outside our window. this is a seafood rest. without crab, no mashed potatoes. ordered steak medium well, came very well done and burnt. wife had three course meal for $40.00, the main course was a small piece of fish so small she ate it in four bites. I asked waiter to turn up music, he said it was broken. wine was pricy, menu limited, was down an alley onto a dark lit pier. building was 1950's. I would not recommend this, would not go back. disappointing.
- Scoma's SFSarahLDined on 10/10/2014Lovely place to have lunch with a great friend! Lovely atmosphere, because of the views and location. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant on the Wharfluv2dine2Dined on 10/9/2014Scoma's offers the freshest seafood within a variety of preparations. Professional yet friendly wait staff efficiently attend to your every dining need. Delicious cocktails, a reasonably priced wine list, and onsite parking. As reliable as an old friend and, like a fine wine, one who continues to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!!!Luca1fortalezaDined on 10/9/2014A nice restaurant, sea side view, not noise, good service, good food nice wine list! Crab was great, lobster was fresh but served with to much butter and mushroom , quite a surprise for a termidor recipe!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making memoriesjenagirl14Dined on 10/8/2014My granddaughter has been through a lot and we had a follow up at Children's hospital so I wanted to treat her mom , my daughter, and Jena to a wonderful overnight stay in your beautiful city. They had never been to Scoma and they just loved the food and friendly service. My granddaughter loves clams and she ordered the big size bowl and ate everyone. Great waitress,great service and wonderful memories. Thank You!Special Features:
- RogerDined on 10/7/2014The reception was excellent as was the waiter. My friends liked their meals (crab cakes, ciappino,) but I was somewhat disappointed in the dungeness crab. crab had too strong of a garlic taste and was too well done Wine was very good. Nevertheless, I would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Food was delicious, our waiter was Chris, so friendly and never had a waiter so helpful. He made it all the best night, loved the fact that he knew what we should order and We could not have been happier, delicious food,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerHard2pleaseDined on 10/7/2014Possibly our 25th visit here. It's alway busy, always been served right with only the very freshest fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafront delightMarigold1Dined on 10/6/2014It's a noisy and vibrant place on the pier and it's hard to find your way to the meet and greet team. But, it's worth the wait. The food is all fishy and is fabulous. The company and service was efficient and come highly recommended. But it's not a quiet night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food great serviceGleesonGirlDined on 10/6/2014Waiter Simon was very good, no pressure to hurry, had some good suggestions and was pleasant. Food was perfectly prepared. The oysters Rockefeller weren't the best I've had, but okay. Good wine list and entres were very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronoDined on 10/4/2014Over priced, mostly ignored by hostess, bar service good, server was polite; but surly. Birthday dessert was great. Saturday night fireworks were the best part of the evening.Special Features:
- Scoma a SF Iconcfood2luvDined on 10/3/2014Comfortable and beautiful setting. Great food but pricey. Good energy and a SF icon favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A San Francisco InstitutionHolyCowDined on 10/3/2014Scoma's has it all: beautiful views of the bay and the city; amazing fish (including local catches); and the most remarkably kind, helpful, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Had dinner there with my parents while on vacation and enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scoma's is a great place for dinnerZmanDined on 10/1/2014On all our trips to SF Scoma's is on our "to eat at list" Great dining experience. Make sure you have a reservation, if you don't you could wait up to 2 hours for a table.Special Features:
- Good and Honest FoodBaltasarBrazilDined on 10/1/2014I have an excellent evening there... The Shrimp Risotto is awesome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!AustingirlDined on 9/30/2014Scoma's is the perfect seafood restaurant for the Wharf. Not one of the cheaper options, but incredibly fresh seafood that is wonderfully prepared. Our favorite to visit in Fisherman's Wharf. We have never had a bad meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience at Scoma'sFoodieandWineDined on 9/30/2014The service and staff were excellent. They were well prepared and knew the menu and prep cold. The food was fresh and very tasty. I had blackened Halibut and it was fantastic. Veggies replaced the starch and the balance was a great meal. I also tried the shrimp with panko type breading and outstanding sauces. I highly recommend going to this seafood institution when visiting San Francisco.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Although I miss the sole almondine from years gone by my petrale core was very good. Nothing new and creative here, just well prepared, fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and relaxing as usualbillnDined on 9/28/2014Everything smooth. Got "view table" as requested; very helpful wait staff; great fish (Sand Dabs!). Good all around. Only nit: Scoma's looking just a bit dog-eared these days. Maybe on purpose - working fishing vessels as duty ambiance, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeJavaunoDined on 9/28/2014A great San Fran restaurant. Do not miss it! We come herr every trip and have not been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENThappygirl2Dined on 9/28/2014The food here at Scoma's is absolutely divine! Halibut is always fresh and tasty. Can be casual or dressy, whichever you prefer. Waitstaff is very helpful and accommodating.Special Features:
- DisappointedDave12Dined on 9/27/2014The food was disappointing and one course had to be sent back because the salad had been drenched in water and not dried and was I edible. Most dosppointing as I have been pleased before with the food.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014It was our first time there. It's one of my family's favorite. It was my birthday. It was easy to drive there. We used the valet parking. Very nice. I had the clipping. Very tasty. My husband had the special. Fresh salmon. Nice portions. Best thing was the noise level was low, even on a Sat night. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Red LobsterJoJoDined on 9/26/2014I know it is a tourist's must do, I do not however know why. I was expecting something Fabulous and instead received standard seafood fare. I would have been better to have eaten outside on Fisherman's Wharf. Sorry.
- Scoma'sluv2travelDined on 9/26/2014We had dined here about 14 years ago and remembered the Sand Dabs as being amazing. This time they were disappointing. Just cooked fish. It felt like they forgot the sauce or something. Our waiter was very friendly, but busy. Everyone around us was there for birthday celebrations and were brought cakes at the end of the meal. I was there for my 50th bday and got nothing. :( It wasn't really worth it to ask. The reservation stated it was for a birthday and we were asked when we checked in. I guess he was too busy to remember. Overall it is a nice restaurant, but this time our experience was under par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to expectationswiskellyDined on 9/26/2014We had a fabulous dinner in late September - only way to improve would have been to have a seat at the window - it was offered, but we declined. Although known for their seafood, pasta was excellent, too. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slipped in our viewfoodisgoodDined on 9/26/2014Scoma's was always a must when we went to San Francisco. We were disappointed this time...no lobster tails. what was recommended instead wasn't as good. Just not the best night at Scoma's. We will go back again, but with trepidation.Special Features:
- Special Birthday CelebrationkosronDined on 9/26/2014While on a vacation trip to San Francisco, my wife and I decided to celebrate my birthday at Scoma's. Enjoyed our dinner and Scomas as much as in the past. Very busy atmosphere. Plenty of food and nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scomas San FranciscoretiredbutnottiredDined on 9/26/2014We have not been there for 40 years and it was still good. This was a gift certificate for our 50th Wedding anniversary. Love the complimentary valet parking. We had sword fish picata and san dabs Both were good.Special Features:
- Great Seafood FindPenquinVIPDined on 9/26/2014As a frequent visitor to San Francisco we had always had another waterfront seafood place we visited for lunch but this trip a friend suggested Scoma and when we return we will always return to Scoma. Great food, gracious service, appropriate surroundings. We were "hooked" and we will bite there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.