2100 P Street NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scionrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2028338899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adil Erturk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scion Restaurant is the perfect place to host your next gathering. Our private dining rooms can accommodate parties of 8 to 50 people. For more information or to set up an event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.833.8899.
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Liu 2028338899
A word from Scion Restaurant
Scion Restaurant is located 2 blocks from the Dupont Circle red line stop. Scion has been recognized for our great craft beer selection and delicious contemporary American cuisine with subtle Asian influences. Whether you're at Scion for the first time or as a neighborhood regular, you'll enjoy Scion's always welcoming atmosphere, great service, and fantastic food and drink menus. Scion's menu features a large selection of mouthwatering appetizers, delectable entrees, as well as an eclectic variety of craft beers and wine. Great happy hour specials can be enjoyed Monday through Friday and our popular brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday. The menu changes seasonally and all current food and drink menus are available online. Enjoy a great meal on Scion's sidewalk patio, atrium, or modern dining room. Private party rooms are available as well. Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/scionrestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scion Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (60)great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (26)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (8)romantic (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- ConsistentlyCarmineDined on 9/8/2014This was my fifth time eating at Scion, once for brunch and the rest for dinner. Their menu is eclectic and creative, and the service has been consistently very good. Keep doing what you're doing.Special Features:
- Great bottomless mimosas!BrunchienessDined on 8/30/2014We didn't like what we ordered but I think it was just a taste preference thing - not that the food was gross.Special Features:
- The most basic brunch I've ever hadmeeeeehhhhhDined on 8/24/2014Mediocre food and terrible service. Our waiter rarely came by the table to refill our water, coffee, and drinks. And when she did eventually come by it was to give us our check before we had even finished eating well before the Scion restaurant two hour brunch limit. I will never go there again. Huge waste of money.
- Very nice placeOpposit99Dined on 8/20/2014A perfect place with fantastic food for dinner - a really nice place in Washington / GeorgetownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceEnjoyDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the service. The staff was attentive without being intrusive. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race?JenAshDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Scion for the bottomless brunch- I will definitely be back. The food was delicious, reasonably priced, and bottomless drinks were a great deal at only $13. The only less than perfect part was the service. It took us sitting at the table for 10+ minutes before getting a server, only to wait another 10+ minutes before we got our ordered drinks. Our server was extremely nice but MIA a lot of the time. For example: At 3:18, she asked if we wanted the check... I said yes but that we would like to sit for a few minutes to enjoy our mimosas. She reminded us that bottomless stopped at 3:30. She didn't return until 3:35, not even giving us an opportunity to order another drink before 3:30. That was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I was hoping to make Scion my regular brunch spot. The scene is great: nice outdoor seating, lots of people there, close to other shops and right off Dupont Circle. However, the food was really below standard brunch fare for DC. I ordered crab cakes eggs Benedict, but had to order an English muffin on the side to actually complete the entree--otherwise the quality of crab cake, sauce, and egg were fine. My friends and I all ordered meals that came with breakfast potatoes, one of the staples of a good brunch, but what came out were actually thick potato chips. We all also ordered orange juice, which was both warm and bland.Special Features:
- I LOVE Scion!LDYWDEDined on 8/10/2014Definitely one of my top choice to have a bottles brunch. It's often hard to choose what you want on the menu. Food and servers were outstanding!Special Features:
- Best brunch ever!Ekobee6Dined on 8/10/2014I took my family here for brunch to celebrate me graduating from graduate school! The food and service was really on point! We had bottomless drinks! Crab cakes and eggs benedict were delicious! My boyfriend told me he wants to come back again! We had a great time! My parents are still raving about it a few days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014I had a good experience at Sunday brunch here two years ago, but last Sunday, even with fewer customers present, the service was perfunctory and my food was distinctly unimpressive. Our waitress was not attentive (didn't refill coffee, didn't clear empty plates, etc.), although she was quite quick to ask for our orders, bring our check, and generally give the impression that she was trying to turn our table as quickly as possible. The fruit buffet was fine and my breakfast potatoes were tasty in a synthetic way, but my huevos rancheros were covered in plastic cheese on a hardened tortilla shell, and the entire plate looked as though it had come as one unit out of a microwave or long spell under a heat lamp. Will look elsewhere next time.
- In town to have fun w friendsrvadineDined on 8/9/2014I was looking for a casual brunch place that offered bottomleess brunch cocktails and outdoor dining. Scion in Dupont fit the bill perfectly. The bar area is small but the staff was friendly, my party was seated after a few mins at the bar and our server greeted us shortly thereafter. We were something of a rowdy table and had trouble focusing on the menu(we were drinks focused) but our server was very patient. When we did finally order, our food arrived quickly with no mistakes and everything was tasty w no disappointments in either quality or serving size. I will definitely return and can't wait to try dinner. If you are in DC(I came from Richmond), be good to yourself and try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell LuncheonNew2DCDined on 8/6/2014We booked a table for 10 for a farewell luncheon upon the suggestion of a colleague who had only been to the restaurant once before and were pleased with the ease with which we could get a table for 10 at lunch-time only a few days before the event. The menu was both varied and innovative and the service was rapid & orderly. The bbq duck sandwich and the burger were especially good. We would book an event with Scion again and I believe that all of the individuals who attended will be back for their own more private functions.Special Features:
- Seating IssueCourtDined on 8/3/2014Overall, Scion was great. However, since it is located on a hill, sitting outside can be a bit tricky as your seat will slope downwards. This can be quite uncomfortable as it feels as though you're about to slide right away from the table and the chair backs will dig into your back. I'd recommend requesting an outside table towards the farthest corners if you want outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Went to Scion based on reviews and the menu. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I never got to even order an entree nor did we ever receive our drink orders. The waiter, though polite and friendly, seemed unprofessional while the manager seemed over his head. The restaurant was fairly busy, but there's no reason to ignore tables (we were not the only ones) while giving your fullest attention to others. The entire "meal" was comped (a ginger ale, our appetizer, and an appetizer erroneously given to us), but we were excited to try a number of their craft beers for a birthday celebration that never really got underway. An hour and forty five minutes later, no drinks received and no entree orders even taken, we took our business elsewhere.
- Requested a table outdoors but--OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is great. However, we'd requested to be outside and when we were seated, we were inside, in the back, in the loudest room with the loudest group ever, and a blaring music speaker. No mention was made of our outside request. It's a shame, as the food was good, but I won't organize a brunch there again.Special Features:
- ScionPiperDined on 7/20/2014Chose Scion bc of reviews. Friendly atmosphere, great service and the good was very good - not outstanding bc one of the diners ordered a salad and there was very little lettuce in it. My meal was great french toast but the bacon was way overdone so didn't eat it. Otherwise, a nice experience but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for brunch!AllthefoodDined on 7/6/2014Great location near dupont circle. Can't beat $13 bottomless mimosas and unlimited fruit buffet with any entree. I love this spot for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunchEmiJoDined on 7/6/2014Great little spot for brunch. Nice outdoor seating area. The Lobster Hash is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly with good, simple foodFoodieSuzyDined on 7/5/2014Unfussy, tasty, well priced food - yummy burger and fries. Kids made welcome with a kids menu - although need to revise pasta (need a puree sauce - what kids eat whole Brussel sprouts in pasta sauce?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BottomlessDCSamDined on 7/5/2014I went to brunch here with a group of friends for bottomless and had a great experience. The food was delicious (esp. the make your own scramble/omelet) and the mimosas were definitely bottomless (they actually just gave us pitchers of mimosas and replenished it regularly). They also didn't pressure us to leave. We were there almost three hours. The only not so great thing was the ambiance inside was kind of lame, outside looked much nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!hnocheraDined on 6/29/2014Loved this place! Went for brunch on Sunday (make sure you have a reservation if you're going for brunch) and was very happy. I made my own omelette with turkey sausage, mozzarella, spinach, onions, and peppers and it was huge! Tons of the fillings, very good. My cousin got the lobster hash which was also great. Didn't get to try a brunch cocktail but definitely will when I go back. It was a little bit loud but the outside seating was really nice. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner with a groupmrogersDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I met up with old family friends who were coming in from out of town at Scion. There were seven of us; we made a reservation ahead of time, so we had no problems getting a table. The restaurant was quiet but I think a lot of people sat outside, and the metro station at Dupont Circle was closed (with a shuttle), so I suspect people were discouraged from going to the area. We had a great dinner -- we were there for a couple hours, and everyone enjoyed their meal. Almost everyone got something different. I can't personally speak to the wine list, but a couple of the people we were with are big winos, and they each got a glass that they seemed to enjoy. Definitely recommended if you want something that's not a bar in Dupont.Special Features:
- Terrific DuPont Circle Find!Art1Dined on 6/26/2014Just two blocks off the circle, this neighborhood gem has excellent moderately-priced food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Slipping a littlech22VIPDined on 6/21/2014Scion has always been a bit of a staple for brunch when I don't feel like trying somewhere new. This time it deserved it a little less than usual. It was a good meal, don't get me wrong, but they used to have unlimited fruit and a lot more bottomless drink options. I'd still go back but maybe a little less enthusiastically.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014This is still my favorite brunch spot in DC. Great food, great service and bottomless mimosas and poinsettias always equal a great time. I have never had a bad experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!rstan1293Dined on 6/15/2014Three friends and I went to Scion for brunch and it was delicious! I was happy we had a reservation so we could get a table outside. One of my friends ordered the healthy start and said it was a bit disappointing but the rest of our food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!HappilDined on 6/14/2014I was visiting friends in DC and I picked this restaurants on a whim. It was nice that they took reservations and that is was very close to the metro stop. We sat on the patio so my friend a was able to bring her dog along. We had artichoke spinach dip for appetizers. It was great. I had the yogurt chicken, another a person had the steak, and another had the salmon. Two of us had drinks. We all enjoyed our meal and the staff was very polite. Dinner for all 3 of us came out to be around $97-- not bad. I will come back the next time I'm in DC.Special Features:
- Great, once again!lauren713Dined on 6/7/2014Second time we've been here and have had great results both times. We got the duck ragu and pumpkin goat cheese ravioli, both of which were amazing. Unfortunately we came after they had a crazy day (DC Pride), so we couldn't get most of the drinks we wanted, but that was an anomaly. Overall, a wonderful spot with delicious (and well-priced!) food!
- Kgm11Dined on 6/1/2014This was a great restaurant! Great service, food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very attentive wait staff. Mac and cheese, and fried pickles are phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Dupont at its bestdc2londonDined on 5/30/2014It's a neighbourhood restaurant with a lively scene and really good food. The atmosphere can get a little "loud", so if you're looking for a quiet, romantic evening this might not be the place. However, if you're looking for good food and service, it definitely fits the bill.Special Features:
- Good Service and Good FoodDCFoodieDined on 5/29/2014Scion was a decent way to spend a Thursday night. It had a wide variety of food options and the service staff was very knowledgable about the menu and drink selection. It wasn't the best food in DC, but all of the food was pretty good. It was easy to get to and food came out in a very reasonable amount of time. I would probably go back.Special Features:
- Great for GroupsSpectacularVIPDined on 5/28/2014They have a great happy hour from 5pm to 7pm and large tables. Great for a night when you want to catch up with friends and be able to hear each other. The menu also offers options at various price points so everyone can find something yummy on their budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't get ENOUGHSooduarteDined on 5/25/2014I am a Scion regular now. I love this place and recommend it to anyone who will listen. The food is great but my favorite thing is the bottomless mimosas. You don't have to beg them to refill your drink like at other bottomless places. The service is always amazing. The servers, bussers and management go out of their way to ensure that your meal and experience is great. I will return until they won't have me anymore. :)Special Features:
- Beautiful Brunch!mlwilliams823Dined on 5/25/2014I took my dad here for his birthday brunch it is was amazing! Bottomless mimosas and delicious food. Would recommend this place to anyone who wants a great brunch for a good price.Special Features:
- The following 381 reviews are from the Scion Restaurant reviews archive.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 5/12/2014Came here for a work lunch with a large group, and service took forever (they seemed to only have one wait staff and bartender). Food was okay, and prices reasonable.
- solid dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Scion brunch was very good. The food was great even though it's just classic brunch dishes. Everyone ordered bottomless drinks, but our waitress was a lot better about bringing the poinsettia and mimosa refills than the beermosa refills.Special Features:
- Need to get the timing right0791emmaDined on 5/9/2014The food didn't come out all together which was quite annoyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- devianthypeVIPDined on 5/8/2014Scion is such a reliable happy hour option in Dupont - great beer list. Tried its dinner menu for the first time and found the brussels sprouts curry and risotto to be a bit lackluster. Strong menu in variety and vegetarian options, but expected something tastier. Server was pleasant and attentive. Will certainly be back, but probably just for the beer.Special Features:
- No Happy HourBradandGinaDined on 5/8/2014Our visit to Scion was the first. We were attracted by the Happy Hour menu posted on the restaurant's web site. But when we arrived, our server told us the prices and specials didn't apply. What?! We brought a copy of the Happy Hour menu with us. Sorry, doesn't apply. Our server, Janine, was absolutely charming and convinced us to stay for cocktails and dinner. The meal was mediocre but the service was terrific. Unfortunately, we left feelin' like Scion had duped us with a Happy Hour gimmick. Too bad, the place lost three potential customers.