2100 P Street NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scionrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 833-8899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adil Erturk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scion Restaurant is the perfect place to host your next gathering. Our private dining rooms can accommodate parties of 8 to 50 people. For more information or to set up an event, email email@example.com or call 202.833.8899.
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Liu 2028338899
A word from Scion Restaurant
Scion Restaurant is located 2 blocks from the Dupont Circle red line stop. Scion has been recognized for our great craft beer selection and delicious contemporary American cuisine with subtle Asian influences. Whether you're at Scion for the first time or as a neighborhood regular, you'll enjoy Scion's always welcoming atmosphere, great service, and fantastic food and drink menus. Scion's menu features a large selection of mouthwatering appetizers, delectable entrees, as well as an eclectic variety of craft beers and wine. Great happy hour specials can be enjoyed Monday through Friday and our popular brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday. The menu changes seasonally and all current food and drink menus are available online. Enjoy a great meal on Scion's sidewalk patio, atrium, or modern dining room. Private party rooms are available as well. Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/scionrestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Scion Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Scion Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (51)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (22)great for lunch (17)special occasion (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Food=YAY! Interior=mehAlwaysHungryDined on 11/16/2014Great food and service. Went there for brunch with a large group and we had a great time. I will probably not go back because there are plenty of places that are offer a great time and good food in the area, and they don't look like the kind of places my grandma and her friends would go for soup. This place could use a couple notches up in ambiance and updating of furniture, paint and decor. No complaints on the food.
- nice place, close by to hotellindacDined on 11/2/2014the reviews on trip advisor were not the greatest... but it was close by and the food selection looked interesting and we had 1 in the group with glutein allergy which they could accomodate. turned out to be just fine. my pumpkin ravioli was delish..no complaints. service was attentive although the staff didn't seem particulary happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended + Fantastic BeerAlexDined on 10/25/2014Service is friendly and excellent. Visited Scion twice in October 2014 & all dishes were fine. Ravioli was very good indeed. Outstanding draft beer quality. Very good value for $$$.Special Features:
- SolidToemasDined on 10/19/2014Always good. The service is tremendous and brunch goes on almost all day. Free fruit bar with breakfast!Special Features:
- Bad dinner experience.EatoutoftenDined on 10/18/2014The turkey meatloaf is terrible. We both ordered that and neither of us could eat it. No one offered to switch it for anything else. We had previously been for brunch and that was good, but dinner was truly another story.Special Features:
- Mac and cheese with baconSeanZVIPDined on 10/17/2014Are you kidding me??? Beyond sinful and delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for GFglutenintolerantDined on 10/11/2014Catered very nicely for the gluten intolerant. Lots of options and helpful serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Food was very good. Service was very good and friendly. Interesting microbrew list on tap too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet spotWindUpBirdDined on 10/1/2014Scion sits right in a perfect location off Dupont Circle, and its food, prices, and atmosphere are right in a sweet spot of great value while not being overwhelmingly loud or cramped. The dishes are far from ordinary, and foodies will enjoy some of the creative uses of ingredients -- the pumpkin goat cheese ravioli was particularly nice. But perhaps the best thing about group dining at Scion is its clear and varied menu, with some items specifically made vegetarian and/or gluten-free. If you are looking for a calm place to eat tasty food and talk leisurely with a group, Scion is a perfect choice in a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidWashIngtonVIPDined on 9/28/2014It is an okay neighborhood establishment. The food was average. I had the lobster reuben, which was probably the best of all our dishes. The french fries were wayy too greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing food and service....but the restroom was horrendous. No air flow, no ac, no fan. Just foul.Special Features:
- What a neighborhood gem!WBWIIVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and excellent service. The LBJ (Lobster, Bacon & Jalepeno) mac & cheese was incredible! Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Great BrunchtheavidbruncerDined on 9/27/2014Ordered the Potato Nachos and the Huevos Rancheros. Both were really good, just wish they had come with some sort of cooling agent(ranch, sour cream, etc) because they were spicy. Luckily, I like food with a kick so it wasn't that big of a deal form me. The bottomless mimosas for 13.00 is a great value. The service however was a litle slow. Is it the best value brunch I've had in D.C.? No. However, I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to eat and chatShuFDined on 9/23/2014If you want to combine good food AND good company (where you can actually hear your conversations) - this is a great spot. You can dine indoors or out, great list of appetizers, tasty entrees, and fulfilling desserts (combined with hearty beer/wine/cocktail list). OH and it's canine friendly - how can you beat that?Special Features:
- BrunchTWTaste25Dined on 9/20/2014The food was good, nothing exceptional. The restaurant needs a good detailed cleaning, specifically the bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice easy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had a nice easy dinner on their outside area. Lovely local foods. The crab cakes were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great list of craft beers and waiters that could describe each. Service was fantastic. The food… not so great. The beer battered shrimp are probably frozen from a bag and not made fresh. The shrimp was definitely not fresh. The brie app that we had didn't actually have much brie and was kind of like eating toasted bread. The steak and meatloaf that were ordered would have been good if they hadn't been drowned in a gravy-like substance. The spice chicken wasn't at all spicy and tasted like steamed chicken with tomato sauce on it. When i asked if there was more spice, they gave me a bottle of hot sauce. Two in our party ordered the stuffed shrimp and both said it was very good and they'd order again.
- ConsistentlyCarmineDined on 9/8/2014This was my fifth time eating at Scion, once for brunch and the rest for dinner. Their menu is eclectic and creative, and the service has been consistently very good. Keep doing what you're doing.Special Features:
- Great bottomless mimosas!BrunchienessDined on 8/30/2014We didn't like what we ordered but I think it was just a taste preference thing - not that the food was gross.Special Features:
- The most basic brunch I've ever hadmeeeeehhhhhDined on 8/24/2014Mediocre food and terrible service. Our waiter rarely came by the table to refill our water, coffee, and drinks. And when she did eventually come by it was to give us our check before we had even finished eating well before the Scion restaurant two hour brunch limit. I will never go there again. Huge waste of money.
- Very nice placeOpposit99Dined on 8/20/2014A perfect place with fantastic food for dinner - a really nice place in Washington / GeorgetownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceEnjoyDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the service. The staff was attentive without being intrusive. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race?JenAshDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Scion for the bottomless brunch- I will definitely be back. The food was delicious, reasonably priced, and bottomless drinks were a great deal at only $13. The only less than perfect part was the service. It took us sitting at the table for 10+ minutes before getting a server, only to wait another 10+ minutes before we got our ordered drinks. Our server was extremely nice but MIA a lot of the time. For example: At 3:18, she asked if we wanted the check... I said yes but that we would like to sit for a few minutes to enjoy our mimosas. She reminded us that bottomless stopped at 3:30. She didn't return until 3:35, not even giving us an opportunity to order another drink before 3:30. That was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I was hoping to make Scion my regular brunch spot. The scene is great: nice outdoor seating, lots of people there, close to other shops and right off Dupont Circle. However, the food was really below standard brunch fare for DC. I ordered crab cakes eggs Benedict, but had to order an English muffin on the side to actually complete the entree--otherwise the quality of crab cake, sauce, and egg were fine. My friends and I all ordered meals that came with breakfast potatoes, one of the staples of a good brunch, but what came out were actually thick potato chips. We all also ordered orange juice, which was both warm and bland.Special Features:
- I LOVE Scion!LDYWDEDined on 8/10/2014Definitely one of my top choice to have a bottles brunch. It's often hard to choose what you want on the menu. Food and servers were outstanding!Special Features:
- Best brunch ever!Ekobee6Dined on 8/10/2014I took my family here for brunch to celebrate me graduating from graduate school! The food and service was really on point! We had bottomless drinks! Crab cakes and eggs benedict were delicious! My boyfriend told me he wants to come back again! We had a great time! My parents are still raving about it a few days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014I had a good experience at Sunday brunch here two years ago, but last Sunday, even with fewer customers present, the service was perfunctory and my food was distinctly unimpressive. Our waitress was not attentive (didn't refill coffee, didn't clear empty plates, etc.), although she was quite quick to ask for our orders, bring our check, and generally give the impression that she was trying to turn our table as quickly as possible. The fruit buffet was fine and my breakfast potatoes were tasty in a synthetic way, but my huevos rancheros were covered in plastic cheese on a hardened tortilla shell, and the entire plate looked as though it had come as one unit out of a microwave or long spell under a heat lamp. Will look elsewhere next time.
- In town to have fun w friendsrvadineDined on 8/9/2014I was looking for a casual brunch place that offered bottomleess brunch cocktails and outdoor dining. Scion in Dupont fit the bill perfectly. The bar area is small but the staff was friendly, my party was seated after a few mins at the bar and our server greeted us shortly thereafter. We were something of a rowdy table and had trouble focusing on the menu(we were drinks focused) but our server was very patient. When we did finally order, our food arrived quickly with no mistakes and everything was tasty w no disappointments in either quality or serving size. I will definitely return and can't wait to try dinner. If you are in DC(I came from Richmond), be good to yourself and try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell LuncheonNew2DCDined on 8/6/2014We booked a table for 10 for a farewell luncheon upon the suggestion of a colleague who had only been to the restaurant once before and were pleased with the ease with which we could get a table for 10 at lunch-time only a few days before the event. The menu was both varied and innovative and the service was rapid & orderly. The bbq duck sandwich and the burger were especially good. We would book an event with Scion again and I believe that all of the individuals who attended will be back for their own more private functions.Special Features:
- Seating IssueCourtDined on 8/3/2014Overall, Scion was great. However, since it is located on a hill, sitting outside can be a bit tricky as your seat will slope downwards. This can be quite uncomfortable as it feels as though you're about to slide right away from the table and the chair backs will dig into your back. I'd recommend requesting an outside table towards the farthest corners if you want outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 403 reviews are from the Scion Restaurant reviews archive.
- Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Went to Scion based on reviews and the menu. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I never got to even order an entree nor did we ever receive our drink orders. The waiter, though polite and friendly, seemed unprofessional while the manager seemed over his head. The restaurant was fairly busy, but there's no reason to ignore tables (we were not the only ones) while giving your fullest attention to others. The entire "meal" was comped (a ginger ale, our appetizer, and an appetizer erroneously given to us), but we were excited to try a number of their craft beers for a birthday celebration that never really got underway. An hour and forty five minutes later, no drinks received and no entree orders even taken, we took our business elsewhere.
- Requested a table outdoors but--OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is great. However, we'd requested to be outside and when we were seated, we were inside, in the back, in the loudest room with the loudest group ever, and a blaring music speaker. No mention was made of our outside request. It's a shame, as the food was good, but I won't organize a brunch there again.Special Features:
- ScionPiperVIPDined on 7/20/2014Chose Scion bc of reviews. Friendly atmosphere, great service and the good was very good - not outstanding bc one of the diners ordered a salad and there was very little lettuce in it. My meal was great french toast but the bacon was way overdone so didn't eat it. Otherwise, a nice experience but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for brunch!AllthefoodDined on 7/6/2014Great location near dupont circle. Can't beat $13 bottomless mimosas and unlimited fruit buffet with any entree. I love this spot for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunchEmiJoDined on 7/6/2014Great little spot for brunch. Nice outdoor seating area. The Lobster Hash is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly with good, simple foodFoodieSuzyDined on 7/5/2014Unfussy, tasty, well priced food - yummy burger and fries. Kids made welcome with a kids menu - although need to revise pasta (need a puree sauce - what kids eat whole Brussel sprouts in pasta sauce?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BottomlessDCSamDined on 7/5/2014I went to brunch here with a group of friends for bottomless and had a great experience. The food was delicious (esp. the make your own scramble/omelet) and the mimosas were definitely bottomless (they actually just gave us pitchers of mimosas and replenished it regularly). They also didn't pressure us to leave. We were there almost three hours. The only not so great thing was the ambiance inside was kind of lame, outside looked much nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!hnocheraDined on 6/29/2014Loved this place! Went for brunch on Sunday (make sure you have a reservation if you're going for brunch) and was very happy. I made my own omelette with turkey sausage, mozzarella, spinach, onions, and peppers and it was huge! Tons of the fillings, very good. My cousin got the lobster hash which was also great. Didn't get to try a brunch cocktail but definitely will when I go back. It was a little bit loud but the outside seating was really nice. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner with a groupmrogersDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I met up with old family friends who were coming in from out of town at Scion. There were seven of us; we made a reservation ahead of time, so we had no problems getting a table. The restaurant was quiet but I think a lot of people sat outside, and the metro station at Dupont Circle was closed (with a shuttle), so I suspect people were discouraged from going to the area. We had a great dinner -- we were there for a couple hours, and everyone enjoyed their meal. Almost everyone got something different. I can't personally speak to the wine list, but a couple of the people we were with are big winos, and they each got a glass that they seemed to enjoy. Definitely recommended if you want something that's not a bar in Dupont.Special Features:
- Terrific DuPont Circle Find!Art1Dined on 6/26/2014Just two blocks off the circle, this neighborhood gem has excellent moderately-priced food and wonderful service.Special Features: