Scion Restaurant Silver Spring
1200 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scion Restaurant Silver Spring
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scionrestaurant.com/locations/
- Phone: 301-585-8878x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Scion Restaurant Silver Spring
Scion Restaurant is excited to open it's second location in Silver Spring, Maryland in April 2013! Construction is complete at 1200 East-West Highway and we look forward to opening day!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Scion Restaurant Silver Spring - Best Restaurants in Silver Spring ›
Scion Restaurant Silver Spring reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great Food, Value, Beware Busy DaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014We were told we were there on an unusually busy, noisy night and while most of the 20 and 30 something patrons were very happy and talking animatedly and loudly, we did not like the noise However, the food tasted terrific, was varied, different and interesting and the prices were very reasonable. I want to believe that if the chef hadn't been so busy he might not have put wilted lettuce as decoration on a dish we ordered and we would have been able to hear each other to talk. The owners's other Scion restaurant on P Street in Dupont Circle is equally delicious and always quieter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, Quiet BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I normally go to the DC location, but we decided to try Silver Spring since it was closer. There were not too many people in the restaurant, so it was quiet. The upside was the food and drinks came out quickly. The servers were nice, and the quality of food was on par with the original location. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014This was really a hidden gem! We tried the Scion for Satruday brunch and were a bit skeptical at first as the place was almost empty... but what a surprice. The Blood Marys were hand-made (no out of the bottle mix) by the bartender and amazing. The service was superior and the food outstanding. This will become a regular weekend brunch spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liketoeatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Went with 5 people. Four of us had the signature burger. Delicious, cooked perfectly. Accompanied by fries that were also very good. Scion has an awesome beer list. We also had the spinach crab dip, very tasty. Friendly, efficient staff, food came quickly. I have no complaints. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Good FoodPA2DCDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was very tasty. The place wasn't packed, but I guess it competes against the other restaurants downtown. It was a little hard to find, but worth the search for parking.
- Nice spot-good food and pricinggoodeatzDined on 7/27/2014Brunch was nice, but our time morphed in to the lunch arena, where they play much louder music. While the music is to my liking, I'll keep in mind to schedule "family brunches" for an earlier time slot. Food was quite delicious and I like the portion sizes. (Not too big-who needs a 4 egg omelet?!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice brunchsharonhDined on 7/27/2014took out of town family for brunch, got there just as it opened for the morning. very nice staff, interesting brunch menu. will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Secret gemDguvnaVIPDined on 7/26/2014This tucked away restaurant has something for everyone. A spectacular beer list and remarkable food just gets things started. We knew we had stumbled upon a hit when we saw fried pickles as an appetizer. The salads were excellent, and the fish was cooked to perfection. Our friends had the chicken and the risotto dishes, and claim they too were great.Special Features:
- Great food but don't order drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014We had dinner for the first time and the food was great. We didn't care for our server. Do not buy martinis or any drinks where the price isn't listed. They charge you for a shot then up charge you for the olive juice or whatever else goes into your drink. 2 martinis was more expensive than my entire meal.
- Nice Brunchmrg123Dined on 7/13/2014My husband and I met some friends for brunch. Our waiter was really friendly, and the food was good. Something to note is that the salads on the brunch menu are the size of side salads, where the other menu items were pretty large portions. Everyone at our table commented on how small the salad was. The rest of the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good date night in Silver SpringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Found Scion via OpenTable and was not disappointed. Our hostess/server was excellent and our crab cakes were fantastic. Will, in all likelihood, return to sample other items.Special Features:
- SuzeFrostDined on 6/21/2014I found Scion through Open Table, looking for a Saturday night reservation. Scion's reviews were all positive and a quick look at the menu confirmed our decision. We had a great time - our server was friendly and attentive without hovering, gave suggestions for beer, wine, and food, and was knowledgeable about the menu. The food was delicious - we got the Honey Glazed Brie and the crab dip, both of which were phenomenal. My husband and I both tried the LBJ Mac and Cheese, and have found a new favorite - though next time I think we'll share. That was a huge serving! Overall very pleased with the experience, and looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBellaElleDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful experience! Looooooved the food and service (Lucas was great!). Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceJudyDined on 6/14/2014There were six of us on a Saturday night. Service was perfect - warm, friendly and honest. Better yet, the food was terrific. We ordered the glazed brie, fried pickles and spinach dip to start. All were really good. I usually find a spinach tip too heavy for my taste, but this one was rich without being gloopy. The brie was satisfying and tasty. My party ordered the salmon, steak au poivre with mushrooms, lobster, bacon and jalapeno mac and cheese. All were uniformly delicious. Definitely will be back. Probably my new favorite in Silver Spring.Special Features:
- They're tryingFionabertVIPDined on 5/29/2014Scallops and risotto were very good. The Caesar--not so much. The servers were friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not recommendednwxxxxxxxVIPDined on 5/17/2014We decided to leave our area and travel to Silver Springs Scion because it was written up as a great new place. Our server was distracted at best. First she never brought a kids menu as asked. The food too forever to come and when it did I was given the wrong meal. The server had entered my dinner selection into the computer incorrectly. She offered to have the correct meal made but my family finished their meals before mine ever came. On a positive note the food was good once it was delivered.Special Features:
- Good placeempow819Dined on 5/17/2014Scion was good, but not great. Food was definitely good, but again, nothing special. Service was friendly, but a little slow. We made last-minure reservations and were given a table away from others, which was great. Would go again, but isn't necessarily a top choice.Special Features:
- PortionsSundaybrunchfortless11952Dined on 5/11/2014For the price of steak and eggs I wiil have thought the rib eye steak a better size. It looked like it had been cut in half. Look more like skirt steak While there a painting group came to set up. Felt rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood standardNataloubooVIPDined on 5/11/2014I have been here several times. The food has always been very good, very consistent. The service is the hardest to predict. Our most recent visit was for Mother's Day. The staff was clearly ready for the day and the crowds that it brings and yet somehow our table felt neglected. We were not very demanding (two waters, 1 iced tea, 1 appetizer, 3 brunch entrees) and yet the drinks took a long time and the appetizer as well. Everything tasted great and I will certainly be back. I just wish the service could be improved just a bit. The noise is always fine, you can hear the people at your table speak. They beer and wine lists are terrific and the menu is interesting. I recommend, just hope you have better service!Special Features:
- excellent dinner Saturday nightJaniceDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I had dinner at Scion this past Saturday. We had a wonderful meal. Started with "Second City River Water" cocktails. This may be our new summer drink! Vodka, lime, cucumber and cilantro - extremely refreshing. And scallops on white beans. The white beans were billed as spicy, but at first seemed a little sweet; the spice followed, but pretty mild. Husband had the crabcakes which were delish, and I had the duck pasta. Not really a warm weather dish, but I'd read someone else's rave review, and had to try it. Glad I did; it's a great dish. Ended with a piece of key lime pie in a toasted coconut crust. A perfect sweet ending to a great meal. We'll be back! Ambiance very nice; service friendly; manager came by to check on us. A+Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent vibe and very friendly/accommodating staff. Highly recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereRobbieDined on 5/3/2014Having driven past it literally a hundred times, we finally dined at Scion. Parking is challenging; this section of the street is not zoned for entertainment, but it is worth the extra few hundred feet for a parking spot to stop in for dinner. The food is not extraordinary, but was very well prepared, and the menu had a number of varied selections. We will definitely return again; a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the Scion Restaurant Silver Spring reviews archive.
- Great local placeFoodieWannaBeDined on 5/2/2014The first time we tried to go Scion was closed for a private event. We went back a few days ago and are glad we gave it another try. They have a nice beer and wine menu from which to choose. Happy hour prices are a great deal. My duck ragu was outstanding. My husband's risotto was good enough that he'd have it again, but he agreed my meal was stellar. Our waitress was friendly, helpful, happy, and knowledgable. No complaints - definitely worth the short walk from our apartment.Special Features:
- Great foodEricDined on 4/5/2014I had the LBJ Mac & Cheese. Service was really fast. It was not crowded when we were there but definitely seems like a place that will be hard to get a reservation at in the future.Special Features:
- Nice spot in Silver SpringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014I had a great time at Scion. Great beer list(even though two kegs had kicked), good food (the garlic herb fries were great). I would go back sometime later in the summer.Special Features:
- Not yet ready for prime-timeMichaelVIPDined on 3/30/2014Familiar with the Dupont Circle Scion, this Silver Spring setting - though much less hectic with better parking options - was a disappointment. Apparently, brunch is a new thing for them. There is no table of cut fruit and other goodies, yet. So everything is strictly off the menu. Initial server seemed to have been given an apron that day (didn't know the menu). Second server was charming but our order got mixed up. When my omelette finally arrived it was great. The brie appetizer was skimpy for two and not particularly tasty. So: they have a long way to go to measure up to Dupont Circle. Keep trying... fast.
- EnjoyedCarlyDined on 3/29/2014We went on a Saturday night. They were not crowded. Most of the food was delicious. The croquette appetizer wasn't that great. However, the burger and the risotto were delicious! I think the place was missing a bit of charm though, but otherwise enjoyable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Placekersky22Dined on 3/29/2014The food was good and the atmosphere was relaxed. It was a nice find on a busy Saturday night when we didn't want to wait more than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAyeshaVIPDined on 3/27/2014My only real complaint is that the server initially forgot to enter my order so it took my entree a little long to arrive. However, as soon as she realized her mistake, she alerted a manager who ensured my food came out as quickly as possible. It wasn't a huge deal because I was hanging out with an old friend and we were in no rush, but for someone else that could have been quite the imposition. Food was yummy and both happy hour wines are well worth the 5 bucks a glass. Would return in a heart beat.Special Features:
- Almost hidden gem!CgirlDined on 3/25/2014This was my second trip to Scion. The first visit was for dinner, which was excellent! The salmon was perfectly cooked and the potatoes & grilled broccoli were delish. Went back for lunch with fingers crossed and was not disappointed. It was an early lunch that lasted well past the lunch hour. Our server was cordial; and we weren't rushed out of the place even when everyone else was gone. The portbello panini was exquisite. Great selection of beers and single malt scotch. Great service & really comfortable place. SO happy we found this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night funZaidowhitVIPDined on 3/23/2014Went on a Sunday night and was happy it was not crowded at all. The food was definitely delicious. They were short staffed but the bartender who doubled as our waiter was knowledgeable and alert. Not a small feat because the bar was overflowing and busy.Special Features:
- Great brunchGoesWithWineDined on 3/23/2014Everyone at our table was delighted with the delicious brunch entrees. Two diners went with the Lobster Hash, which came highly recommended by a friend, and they were not disappointed. The build your own omelette was nicely prepared (with several interesting meat and vegetarian filling options) and complemented by yummy thin-cut fried potatoes. Fair warning: if you get the french toast with sliced bananas, you may have others trying to snag a bite from your plate! Only challenge at this time is parking. The private garage behind the building was not open at 10 am on Sun, and the manager said the attendant there keeps a spotty schedule. A garage across the street (by NOAA) may be an option. Do check ahead what's open weekday vs. weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Scion for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014We went to Scion for a business lunch. The staff was friendly and easily accomodated our group of 9, even bringing out a second waitor to take our orders. The food was good. Didn't rush us out. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, nicebrunchDined on 3/10/2014The food was very good, nice size portions, good value. The bartender was concerned that the beer my friend ordered was a bit off that night so the server brought it and a taste of an alternative. Never seen that done before!! Was glad we were early enough for happy hour since wines are a bit pricey, especially given somewhat small pours. Disappointing dessert selection, but we were pretty full anyway. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, nice for date night!rke1788Dined on 3/7/2014The rockfish shrimp is wonderful and so is the strawberry shortcake. Mixed drink specials are fun and we've been several times, the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchBiancaDined on 3/2/2014We went to Scion for Brunch. The menu selection was awesome. It was hard to decide what to get. The portions were just right. Our party had the crab cakes benedict, which were amazing, the lobster reuben, which was equally delicious and two really yummy omlettes. The servers and staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. It was a great experience. Other than the fact that parking isn't that abundant, I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scion has a great new locationfamilydinerDined on 3/1/2014Scion has a great new location in Silver Spring. They had a great Saturday brunch, which is hard to find in this area. Overall, the food was tasty, appealed to a large group (including young diners), and affordable. Their pitchers of mimosas were a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come again1oldsrfrVIPDined on 2/27/2014This was our second visit which featured a "Tap Takeover" from the Flying Dog brewery of Frederick. Excellent selection of draft beers and dinner specials confirmed our earlier conclusion that Scion knows how to please a wide range of tastes: from the hard-core beer drinker/burger eater to the teetotaler vegetarian. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An alright brunchMsMalemarDined on 2/22/2014My family and I chose Scion (Silver Spring) because I've enjoyed their bar before. They're menu isn't big on brunch like meals, but it gets the job done. The service was excellent even after half of the party was delayed an hour and there was a chip in the beer cup. Food was great (as always) and my parents enjoyed the craft beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemCeCeDined on 2/19/2014Scion is a nice addition to Silver Spring. It is a casual restaurant with good food. I requested a private area to sit in because I was meeting with a friend to discuss business and Scion was very accommodating. The owner came over to the table to make sure we were satisfied with everything. I will go back.Special Features: