Schubas Harmony Grill
3159 N Southport Ave
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Schubas Harmony Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harmonygrill.com/
- Phone: 7735252508x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 2:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Schubas has an extensive catering option for people who are interested in booking private parties. Not only is our private party room splendid, but our Regional American Cuisine with eclectic flair is savory. Schubas catering is designed so you can get exactly what you want. We can custom design your menu or help you with suggestions on what we think would work best for the type of party you are planning. Our talented and imaginative kitchen staff will perform with finesse.
We are thoroughly familiar with custom catering. Schubas can accommodate 20-400 people and also arrange music if that strikes your fancy. We are more then willing to add a vibrant touch to your party with linens and flowers as well. Just think of the options you have for a hair raising party-whether it be bachelor or engagement partys, rehearsal dinners, corporate gatherings, and wedding receptions. Always book ahead for holiday parties.
- Private Party Contact: Terri Champelli 7735252508x
- Entertainment: Schubas presents a diverse line-up of live music seven nights a week. From Honky - Tonk to Indie Rock, from Americana to Jazz, from Pop to Country, it's all here.
- Cross Street: Southport & Belmont
- Public Transit: Schubas address is 3159 N Southport, the corner of Belmont & Southport, in Chicago, Illinois. Via public transportation, we are within walking distance of the Belmont Red/Purple/Brown line L train stop, as well as the #77 Belmont bus stop at Southport.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Schubas offers free parking in our small lot on Southport. There is a public lot one block away at Belmont & Greenview. Street parking (metered and non-metered) is also available.
A word from Schubas Harmony Grill
Located in Chicago's Lakeview/Wrigleyville neighborhood Schubas' Harmony Grill is serving up live music and American regional cuisine seven days a week. We only use the freshest ingredients while preparing our menu from scratch daily. From meat lovers favorites to vegan friendly options we provide a diverse sophisticated menu to satisfy any appetite. We open daily at 11:30am for lunch and dinner. If you have yet to try our famous brunch swing by on Saturday or Sunday we open for brunch at 9am. Dine in, carry out or enjoy a relaxing meal in our outside café which offers a spectacular view of Southport Ave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Schubas Harmony Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Don't just get a burger!PRudnickVIPDined on 8/8/2014Delicious! Not what I would expect from a bar, so we were pleasantly surprised. Ask the server for their recommendations and they will steer you in the right direction -- poutine, fish of the day, and BBQ brisket were so tasty! Honestly, resist the urge to order a burger just because it's a bar and you will be glad you did!Special Features:
- good food, nice touchesWilmetteBoxerDined on 8/3/2014A cut above the usual pub fare, some nice tables by the window, and good outdoor seating. Mac and cheese very good, lots of options for it. All the food is basic, not jazzed up, satisfying. We had an excellent apple tart for dessert. Service is casual, but it's a casual place. We'd go back.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerkainateDined on 7/30/2014Harmony's is attached to Schuba's Tavern, one the top small music venues in Chicago. We ate fairly early before attending a concert. My wife and I both had sandwiches - the turkey brie and a blackened chicken on baguette- which were both fantastic. Sides were Cajun tots and fries; the former were tasty but not spicy, the latter suffered from having sat around for a while. The fries were the only disappointment of the evening. Service was attentive initially, when it wasn't too crowded, but fell off as the restaurant filled. Just before the show, with the place near capacity, the relatively small number of staff seemed overwhelmed. A very good experience overall and we will certainly return for pre-concert meals in the future.Special Features:
- Great placeVeryHappyDined on 7/20/2014Super-friendly staff, tasty menu with something for everyone, super-convenient to Schuba's (duh!), Stage 773 and Theater Wit. The staff is attentive without being obtrusive, friendly without being familiar, pleasant without being cloying. The kitchen does a far-above average job for the sort of cuisine that -- like the staff -- does not call overmuch attention to itself, but nonetheless performs its function perfectly. If you meet some friends here, you will be able to enjoy one another's company, without being overly distracted by complex foods and attention-seeking wait-staff.Special Features:
- ChicagoPersonVIPDined on 7/13/2014Steak was so tough I couldn't even cut it with a steak knife. Server mixed up my credit card with another person's when I paid. Place might be OK for listening to a band but not for their food.
- Great foodKrashtestVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great atmosphere! Perfect brunch. Try the beignets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left to a different restaurantTonyDined on 6/12/2014I had a reservation and upon my arrival I waited next to the sign that said, "please wait to be seated." I stood there for more than 10 minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge me. Waitresses passed back and forth but I didn't even get a "we will be with you shortly" or any communication from them. Even the patrons were starting to feel bad for us. After about 10 minutes of being ignored we decided to leave to the burger bar across the street. I would of said something to the waitresses, but I had a concert in the same venue and didn't need the drama.Special Features:
- Great location and great pricesSteverino1946Dined on 5/18/2014This restaurant is located about 2 blocks from The Wit theatre, so it's a great dinner spot if you are going to a play. The menu is varied and extremely affordable. Great bar and Schubas provides live entertainment some evenings. Nice dining room and very good service. The weekend brunch is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchJK27Dined on 5/10/2014Very cute little patio, and their food has always been great. Service leaves a little something to be desired but it's worth it for the experience.Special Features:
- Show and MoreCheleDined on 5/9/2014Have not been to Schubas for many years and decided to go back to see what has happened in the last 25 years. Well I was not disappointed. Fish tacos and mac n cheese and service were great. The music venue was outstanding. To be able to have a quick bite and listen to music right after priceless. Great entertainment-will definately go back. I have to find out more about the group playing as well. Little Hurricane with its drummer girl was end to a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014We had an after graduation lunch. Was a little concerned with the small lunch crowd. We had the best seat in the house - right by the open window on the street. Everyones meal was just terrific. Service was amazing. We could talk and hear each other - 7 in our party.Special Features:
- The following 122 reviews are from the Schubas Harmony Grill reviews archive.
- Good location, average experienceSeanDined on 4/25/2014Space is comfortable and reminds me of a Potbelly without the clutter. It surprisingly empty at 6:30 p.m. on a Friday night. It had mostly filled up by the time we left, mainly with families with kids. We started off with cheese curds, which were 99 parts salt and 1 part cheese. I had the veggie wrap; it was delicious and refreshing. My side of fries were light and crispy and tasted good. I sampled my wife's side of mac and cheese and wished it was less salty and more savory. I'm glad we didn't order a mac and cheese for an entree. Overall, this was an average dining experience and I probably won't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- The food and menu were mediocre,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2014The food and menu were mediocre, at best. I had a Southwestern Chicken Salad and it was, by far, the worst one I have ever had. Chicken Tenders didn't even look appetizing and there were only 3. It was someone in our party's birthday, so we ordered a brownie......which was gigantic (and very expensive), and didn't even really taste good.Special Features:
- Dinner and musicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Great little neighborhood place that has live music bands attached and kid friendly oddly even though a bar on other side. Perfect place to bring your teens for dinner and and entertainment. Be a cool parent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than averagemikeVIPDined on 3/16/2014Went for brunch on St. Patrick's Day. Had eggs benedict and was not impressed. Lots of starches without much creativity behind the meal. Had a band playing but without amplification was hard to hear. Service was good. Overall, not impressed and will not likely go back or recommend.
- Unique Acoustic BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2014Went to the acoustic brunch and our whole group loved it! Fun, funky folk music band - Mister Mayor and the Highballers performed. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Interesting MenuTravelLoverDined on 3/8/2014This is beyond the usual bar food. The dining room is very pleasant and the service was nice. The beer list was good. The typical items one finds on a casual restaurant/bar was improved by really interesting additions like creative sauces or condiments and sides. Very convenient if going to nearby theaters.Special Features:
- Great night out!carpediemDined on 3/7/2014We enjoyed drinks & a solid meal in the bar. Started out w/ the Nachos, which were great - not too salty & not at all greasy. We each enjoyed some solid Mac & Cheese as part of our meal - one regular Mini Mac & one as a side with mushrooms. They don't typically offer their special Mac & Cheese as the side option but our fantastic server offered to bring mushrooms on the side, which worked out perfectly!! I think the Veggie Wrap was missing the soy ginger vinaigrette, which I was looking forward to, but it was still good. My dinner guest said the Cheddar Crusted Cod was good! After dinner, we headed to the back to check out that night's music. It was a great night, but kicked up several notches by the amazing service offered by the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy morning disappointedKristenDined on 3/2/2014I came for brunch with a group. It was busy as usual. We all enjoyed the atmosphere (live acoustic band!) but three of the four of us had cold food and the fourth, me, waited 5 minutes longer for my food than everyone else. I'll come back but on a less-busy morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harmony hit the note!JoeyWDined on 2/8/2014Lively area of the city. Good place for after show/play dinner or drinks. Plan ahead for parking if driving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town group loved SchubasPGiblinDined on 2/8/2014Had a group of 5 from out-of-town, and trying to find a brunch spot in Chicago can sometimes be a hassle. Schuba's fit perfectly! Food was great, Clare (our server) was exceptionally kind, and we enjoyed ourselves! Definitely recommending this spot to groups of 4 or more!Special Features:
- Awesome food and good vibesDizzleDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I were in town to see Damien Jurado. We decided to try Harmony Grill since we saw online that they were a vegan-friendly restaurant. (I am vegan but my wife is not.) We are very happy with our choice. We are glad that Schubas recommended that we eat there before the concert. We made reservations, but it didn't seem like we really needed to. It was very quiet even though it is attached to a bar. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone seemed to fit there. The food was amazing! We will definitely recommend this to friends and will be more than happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Brunch and a ShowmargdouglasDined on 1/18/2014Brought a group of 10 here before the School of Rock 1pm show. It was perfect in many ways. The brunch was delicious. The environment is laid back. Our performer could run back and forth tor his sound check. Service was adequate but there were some small misses (forgot to substitute fruit for my potatoes) and our meals took longer than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJess779Dined on 12/31/2013We came by for dinner on NYE, first time for both my friend and I. The service was great, everyone from the manager to the servers were very friendly. My friend and I both had their Schubas burger and it was one of the best burgers I've had in quite a while. Very juicy burger with arugula and remoulade sauce; the fries were tasty as well! My friend exchanged her side of fries for mac&cheese and it was very cheesy and tasty. We shared the Belmont Brownie with vanilla ice cream and we definitely made room for it to finish it all. :) I highly recommend this place as your next lunch/dinner option.Special Features:
- Neighborhood RestaurantanniversarycoupleDined on 12/28/2013Basic neighborhood restaurant attached to performance venue. Service was good. Basic menu with good food, but nothing stand out.
- Had a good time went earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2013Had a good time went early as we were going to a play. Service was excellent and the food good. We had a party of 8 and the check didn't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for comfort foodlovechicagoDined on 12/17/2013We ate here for the first time before seeing Meiko @ Schubas. We chose to sit in the bar rather than the restaurant as no one was in the restaurant when we got there (5:45pm). Before going to the concert I did notice that the retsuarant was full (7:30) . My husband and I shared the macaroni, a side salad, and a burger. I was very happy w/ the mac and salad but did taste the burger which was very good also. If we come to Schubas for another venue we will definitely eat here again. Tuesday was half price bottles of wine so we took advantage of that getting Dreaming Tree, which at the half price rate was the same as bringing it ourselves. Great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Day at Shuba's?johnLVIPDined on 12/15/2013Usually awesome and very friendly and chill. Try it. We have had many great experiences but just one "off" day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Mac & Cheese in the cityJonSDined on 12/12/2013The Baked Veggie Chili Mac is easily on my top 10 favorite dishes in Chicago. So tasty! Good beer list - 2 hearted, anti hero etc. Nice atmosphere, very cozy on a cold winter night. Great service - our waitress checked in at appropriate times and genuinely seemed concerned with our dinner experience. Love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2013The title of this review says it all. The service at Harmony Grill was very good although now that I think about it the kitchen was a little slow. Still the servers and other waitstaff were kind and skilled. On the other hand, the food, although well prepared was pretty average. It wasn't bad - it just wasn't outstanding. If I was in the neighborhood, I would eat there. But I would not travel across town to do so.
- Too loudVFabsDined on 12/7/2013I love Harmony Grill, but I hadn't been there in awhile and this visit I was disappointed by how LOUD it was. There was din throughout our meal. No soft areas to absorb sound. The food is great, and the service is good, but what happened to the soft and cozy ambiance?
- enjoyed our mealLaurieDined on 11/18/2013we were going to a concert at Shuba's so having dinner at Harmony was a perfect choice. Very happy with our meal.Special Features:
- I doubt people go here forOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2013I doubt people go here for the house salad, but it was really good (awesome dressing). Good beer selection. They made my tater tots extra crispy at my request, which was nice too.Special Features:
- Very interesting food selection--dithe2ofusDined on 11/8/2013Very interesting food selection--different--and our group of 4 all made excellent choices. We were going to theater just down the street so the fact that we found neighborhood parking and didn't have to get in our cars again was a bonus. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantSaraDined on 11/1/2013Quaint space. Great options for their mac & cheese. Yummy!
- Great place before great musicjuliejDined on 10/22/2013Food at Shuba's surprisingly delicious for tavern. Great atmosphere. The mac and cheese is awesome as was the house salad! Definitely will go back especially for music event there. Highly recommend. Friendly waitstaff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious!JawshoowahDined on 10/10/2013The Cuban pork sandwich and sweet potato fries were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeChickieDined on 9/27/2013This is a great place for unpretentious great comfort food in a friendly space. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SchubasGiancarloDined on 8/30/2013Had a pleasant dinner, great food and service. Will be going back again and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Solid RestaurantAW596Dined on 8/30/2013I've eaten here twice, both having similar experiences. Food and service is consistently good. Only thing is noise problem, especially when someone brings a couple of screaming children and allow them to run around the restaurant as if it were their home. Very inappropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.