Scholars Bar & Lounge
25 School Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scholars Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scholarsboston.com/
- Phone: 6172480025x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Paul Modonno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ Entertainment every Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
Jazz Brunch Every Sunday 12pm-4pm
- Cross Street: Tremont & Washington Street
- Public Transit: Red Line to Park Street & Downtown Crossing, Orange Line to Downtown Crossing, Green Line to Park Street & Government Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is conveniently located at the Pi Alley Parking Garage within walking distance of Scholars American Bistro and Cocktail Lounge.
A word from Scholars Bar & Lounge
Located along the historic Freedom Trail, at the heart of Boston’s downtown area, is Scholars American Bistro and Cocktail Lounge. Boasting a stylish and vibrant interior, Scholars has established itself as the favored venue for locals and tourists alike. Patrons can savor a mouth-watering selection of food, inspired by regional classics and superbly complimented by our chef’s original approach, late into the night. An extensive selection of tasty cocktails, refreshing beers and fine wines are sure to satisfy any palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scholars Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Stay awayLukelaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Below average food, bad service. Don't waste your money. Looks good from outside, but that is it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Service was very slow, despite having no shortage of staff, and very few patrons. Food was fine, when it finally arrived (and same for the drinks, and the same for the check). Don't know what was happening in the back - our waiter did apologize for how long it took for our food to arrive, but things that he had more control over (such as getting the check, and running our credit cards) took just as long.
- Convenient to Omni Parker HotelLocaltoBostonVIPDined on 8/5/2014Met a friend who was staying at Omni Parker-so this was a convenient restaurant. Food was good. Service okay. Very loud due to a large group occupying the front of the restaurant. Wished they had a veggie burger.Special Features:
- Business LunchRAD1234Dined on 7/28/2014We had a casual business lunch, for a large group. Waitress was good and attentive and everyone enjoyed the food. It was a Monday, so it was rather low noise level.Special Features:
- Nice place but...Hmh238VIPDined on 7/2/2014While the menu was interesting it didn't appeal to me. The AC must have been broken and I was extremely uncomfortable. I would have mentioned something to my waiter but he hardly checked in on us. I really want to like this place as it has a great vibe and very large. For the moment I'll only go in if I just want a drink and play pool.Special Features:
- good food but no AC a major issueAnightoutDined on 6/25/2014So I had a work group in town and I suggested scholars for dinner one night. I had been before and knew the food would be good and still reasonably priced. Well it happened to be 89 degrees that day and crazy humid. We got to dinner and it was so hot in the restaurant we were all uncomfortable and sweaty the minute we sat down. They had the large windows in the front open but with no breeze it didn't do much. No one had much of an appetite since it was so hot, and one girl even started to feel ill (probably dehydrated). It just made for a very miserable dining experience overall. It's a decent place, but avoid on a super hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor air conditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The food and service was pretty good. However it felt like a furnace and for some reason the temperature in the restaurant could not be regulated.Special Features:
- Loud, and affordableAnouskaisonlineDined on 5/29/2014This is not a place to enjoy a quiet, romantic dinner. I came here with my family after graduation, after hearing good things about the food and service. My source was correct: the food was great and the service was outstanding...but, it was LOUD. The servers kindly moved us to another table after we found we couldn't hear each other at our booth, and they tried to turn the music down after we were seated at a gorgeous table, surrounded by mirrors, at the back. However, it was as loud as a club and we still struggled to hear. My other quip was they were out of many items listed on their menu. They didn't have the beer my dad ordered, the cocktail my mum wanted, the entree I saw listed. However, the bill was affordable so we left smiling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong SpecialsAmandaDined on 5/2/2014We ate here before going to a comedy show at The Wilbur. What a mistake. The hostess gave us the wrong specials menu, from which both my boyfriend and I ordered from. When our meals arrived. we realized that it was not what we ordered. The kitchen could no longer make the special we had ordered because it was from lunch so we had to reorder. It took forever for our second try at ordering our entrees to come out. Our waitress didn't really come to check on us. They apologized and offered us an appetizer, which we declined and they did cover our first round of drinks...but I won't be back. The atmosphere on a Friday night was less than appealing for a meal, it was more of a club/bar atmosphere even at 8pm at night. No thanks.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Scholars Bar & Lounge reviews archive.
- SLOOOOOOWslowDined on 4/21/2014We had reservations for a group of nine of us. We arrived on time and were seated promptly. Our waiter, who was sweet and had a lovely smile, took forever to come take our drink order, even longer to deliver the drinks, and ages to bring us water. When we finally ordered, our meals took about 20 minutes to arrive (the place was almost empty) AND one meal was missing completely. The waiter offered a comp dessert, which was a nice gesture, but they should have comped her meal. When her meal finally came, we ordered a round of drinks, and he forgot the same person's drink!! Was it something she said? Anyway, I hate to see him get in trouble so I won't give his name, but he needs to work on his speed and accuracy! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!