Schnitzels European Flavours
158 Pitt Street
Cornwall, ON K6J 3P4Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Schnitzels European Flavours
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schnitzels.ca/
- Phone: (613) 938-8844
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Wednesday: 11:30am-9pm
Thursday to Saturday: 11:30am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary European, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: When Schnitzels was created, we set out to give Cornwall a dining lounge & nightspot laced with a vibe, siphoned from the streets of Europe. Influenced by Venetian cafes, Welsh pubs, English nightspots, Czech favourites and Italy's love for food, we infus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A couple of times per month, we'll entertain our guests with live music in our cafe & pub, host a special gathering in our banquet room, or open up the entire restaurant for a feature event. Our unique setting allows for a multitude of different events, anything from simple birthday parties to TV sitcom filming right up to album launch premier events.
A word from Schnitzels European Flavours
When Schnitzels was created, we set out to give Cornwall a dining lounge & nightspot laced with a vibe, siphoned from the streets of Europe. Influenced by Venetian cafes, Welsh pubs, English nightspots, Czech favourites and Italy's love for food, we infused as much European flavour as we could muster. We invite you to come and experience Cornwall's premier nightspot. Step out, and grab a taste of Europe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Schnitzels European Flavours - Best Restaurants in Cornwall ›
Schnitzels European Flavours reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Expectations exceededEvilbiteDined on 11/14/2014As usual, the entire experience was superb. The service beyond reproach and the meal exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Cornwall!alkat6Dined on 10/17/2014Schnitzels is always our number one pick. The employees are always friendly and the service is great! Anything on the menu is outstanding. You will love your time at Schnitzels and you will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceLJDCDined on 10/16/2014We make sure to go out of our way (60 + Km) to eat at Schnitzels at least 4-5 times a year because of the great food, atmosphere and service. Lee has been our server and a few occasions and it has always been a "can't miss". We'll see you again in a few months.Special Features:
- FantasticFligh68Dined on 10/11/2014Worth the trip from Montreal. Service is great, and the food is sooooo good. This trip I had the lobster bacon Mac and chesse. Lots of lobster, and the texture perfect with a little crunchy bacon. Hoping that special comes back.Special Features:
- Atmosphere wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I have to say that, being my first time dining at your restaurant, I couldn't have asked for better. Our server (whom I cannot remember her name) was absolutely wonderful. The food was to die for. I would recommend your restaurant in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A better spin on comfort foodTravelingDinerDined on 9/4/2014Ate at Schnitzels for lunch with my wife and my nephew while passing through Cornwall. It was popular and lively but service was good and attentive in spite of a busy lunchtime. They offered a number of different and more interesting burgers, which ea h of us chose. The food was hot, juicy, and very nicely flavoured. Great beer selection on tap, which our waitress knew perfectly. We would certainly go there again when in Cornwall. It's not fine dining but the food is many steps above typical roadhouse or pub food! The only warning is that, despites its name, this place has only 2 schnitzels on the menu, and neither sounded very interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againneveragainDined on 8/23/2014The food was about par for the price (although the beans were next to raw), but the waiter was lost and confused with most of our dinner.Our mains came very fast and before our appetizers,,,there was no "I'm sorry" ,,it was either take our food back to the heat lamp and wait for the calamari appetizer or eat everything at once. Everyone around us was given fresh bread and butter , but not us,,no salt and pepper at the table ( we asked and waited for them).In the online reservation I asked for a quiet corner and we were given the noisy part of the restaurant near the bar and we just ate and run.We will not be going back to say the least.Special Features:
- Perfect date night spotAccuratereviewDined on 8/9/2014Had an amazing time with amazing service. Never felt rushed and our server Brendan was very helpful and informative. This place is a must for anyone who desires a relaxed, yet sophisticated setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mapaDined on 8/1/2014Overall food quality and taste was pleasantly and surprisingly good beyond my initial expectation, however value for portion size a little dissapointing. Really enjoyed the spicy chicken farcite. Menu selection could be expanded a little, there is such a great potential for different Austrian, German and European dishes. Service was prompt and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Schnitzels European Flavours reviews archive.
- Service can be betterLouismVIPDined on 7/18/2014It was great being able to book this restaurant on Open table since it was the only one listed! Food is great as weal las the ambiance. The service can be improved as it feels that they don't have enough experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same week two different adventuresFwmykigiDined on 7/16/2014In town for work and went to Schnitzels twice once on Monday then on Wednesday. Monday it was great fast service and the food was great I ordered the turkey club pizza very good. On Wednesday we made reservations and they had a table set up by the pizza oven and then we waited 20 mins for the server to take our order and an hours for food. We had an allergy at the table and they didn't remove the red pepers. My poor co worker had to pull thousand of peices out of her meal instead of waiting for another hour as we were ravenous t. In the end she had an allergic reaction and when the sever came back and saw the plate of peppers she said nothing. Disappointing and provided my coworker with discomfort for the rest of the night.Special Features:
- Food was greatMarsanDined on 7/15/2014Food was awesome. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. One of the best in Cornwall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and great valueghFoodLoverDined on 6/23/2014Our food looked good, tasted good and there was plenty of it. An appetizer, a salad, two mains, large glass of wine and a beer came to $80. We opened with garlic and cheese flatbread with bruschetta which was tasty. Our server boxed half of it for us to bring home. Still great the next day. I had Caesar salad. The lettuce was fresh, crisp; dressing was tangy and rich. Definitely better than average. My partner had stuffed chicken farcite. Chicken, perfectly cooked, sauce was a medium hot creamy tomato delight. The meal came with lots of vegetable. I had stuffed lemon pepper chicken. Again perfect and delicious. As it was my birthday, we had complimentary hot fudge brownie topped with ice cream, whipped cream and caramel drizzle. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastern Ontario GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2014Great food and service. A variety of options as advertised... Will be back to explore more of the menu. We didn't have pizza, but were seated where we could watch it being made, a definite must try next time. Decent selection of Single Malt Scotch available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed the menu variety. The service was great. At one point we had asked the server about one of the condiments that we thought was fantastic and the chef actually came to our table and explained how to make it, without giving us a written version of course. Excellent evening!! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MustLJDCDined on 5/1/2014Great ambience for dining together as a couple or in a group settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the drive.4EasyEatersDined on 3/8/2014Heard that it was a great restaurant. By far surpassed our expectations!! Excellent food! We split on two apps. The mushroom fritolati ( sp). Was superb! I could have eaten that as a main! Yum!! Two of us ordered the trio entree which we both loved and we have again. The meat was so tender and juicy. My husband had the chicken Kiev which he raved about. Juicy and moist and tender There wasn't anything that we didn't like. We will definitely come again. Since it was our first time we look forward to coming back to try some other dishes It was really worth the hour drive. We will definitely come again! They even gave us two complimentary desserts which we shared. Delicious!! The best dining experience we 've had in a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it out!gunnerDined on 2/14/2014We frequent qiute often and would highly recommend it . Good food, service and ambience. We will be back again and again. Check it ou everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have and always willalkat6Dined on 2/10/2014Always have and always will love Schnitzels!! The food is fabulous! The starters and mains are awesome; there is always something for someone (especially with gluten free pasta and pizza dough now)!! I dine frequently, and occasionally go to the bar on weekends. The staff at Schnitzels are always friendly, and very accommodating! I never let the opportunity to eat at Schnitzels slide by me. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great bite to eat with people you love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DinerDined on 1/4/2014The good was great, particularly the mushrooms in balsamic glaze as an appetizer and the mixed seafood linguine as an entree. While the atmosphere was cozy and inviting, but maybe a bit too loud. The only downside to the evening was the server. He was very polite and gracious, but not very good at serving. Our water glasses were never refilled, we were never asked if we'd like another drink, and he never asked us how our food was. We had to wait a long time for our bill, as well. I don't think he was particularly overly busy because we could see him standing at the bar. I've been to the restaurant quite a few times and the service has always been fine, so I'm thinking he might have been new?? I would recommend Schnitzels!Special Features:
- Favorited place in Cornwallmrs2samisDined on 1/3/2014Nothing like it in town. Great wine list and this time try had a specialty cocktail menu for the holidays! The jacked up cider was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-cool table.gunnerDined on 12/31/2013We love the food/service and will continue to frequent this establishment. Only sour note is table by the door extremely cold.Special Features:
- Our favourite spotCleoCdnDined on 12/13/2013My husband and I have dined here a few times now, and it has become our favourite local restaurant. He generally gets the schnitzel and adores it, but I've had a number of dishes and loved every one (most recently the veal Marsala - delicious!). The flavours are brilliant, the food tastefully arranged, the portions generous, and it's clear that everyone there, from bar staff to the wait staff to the chefs, take pride in their work. There is always a large group there, so it's good for more than couples, and we'd recommend it to just about anyone. O.M.G. The. Cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas get together.chezzyDined on 12/12/2013Excellent place for parties and special occasions. Service(kitchen) was extremely slow. We were 3 hours for 6 people. It was a busy time but it was only a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!luv2eatDined on 10/25/2013We choose this restaurant everytime we want to get away and enjoy a great dining experience with no fuss. Worth the 40 minute drive from Marionville.Special Features:
- Spinach saladDavidVDined on 6/21/2013I went here for the spinach salad. I had it as a side last time but had it as my main with chicken this time. It was still just as good. I also had the soup of the day which was carrot with ginger and orange. It was delicious. My only complaint would be that I got the soup after the salad whereas I would have liked to start with it. But everything was as good as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing findfussy1Dined on 6/8/2013food was amazing and service was awesome, The special of the evening was Halibut in a white wine lemon sauce, it was cooked perfectly and was obviously fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time!AmazingDined on 5/25/2013Went for dinner and had the best time in my life! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This was our second visit and both times the food the beer and the service was exceptional. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Well worth the stop in Cornwall!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We feel in love with Schnitzels because of their wood-oven pizzas... Simply among the best we've ever tasted! The staff is always friendly, the decor is warm and inviting, the ambiance is fantastic... Just awesome! Worth the hour-long drive from Vaudreuil-Dorion QC!Special Features:
- 5 Stars - Trusly Enjoyable ExperienLJDCDined on 2/23/2013Coming from about 45 mins out of town is worth the drive. The service is impeccable and the food is worth every penny. Our dining experience is continually outstanding as this is now our third visit in the past 6 months. From the beginning we were greeting by our host. We then had our first server take our drink order. Shortly thereafter we received our drinks from our dinner server. While waiting for our meal, the floor manager asked us if we were well tended to. At the end of our meal we complimented the manager for the experience and how we enjoy coming regardless of the drive. 5 Stars all the way.Special Features:
- We found Schnitzels by accidentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We found Schnitzels by accident about 6 years ago and were immediately taken by their great food and tasteful decor. We've been back many times since that first visit and have never been disappointed. No matter what the occasion, lunch, Friday night, or a special dinner, Schnitzels is always a great choice. An outstanding place!Special Features:
- My wife and I went with twoparisiensVIPDined on 2/9/2013My wife and I went with two other couples. All loved the food. There was a great duo playing live music that evening. They post their daily lunch and dinner specials on Facebook and Twitter.Special Features:
- The food was amazing, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The food was amazing, and the service was very good. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of large groups seated that night, and the volume level was enough to make conversation somewhat difficult. On another night with different groups seated, it could be a different story in terms of volume level.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceparisiensVIPDined on 12/6/2012The Camembert Appetizer was wonderful. The service is always exceptional.Special Features:
- Another great lunch.parisiensVIPDined on 12/3/2012Party of five for lunch. Service was friendly and timely. Food was excellent tasting well prepared with a nice presentation.Special Features:
- Don't expect personalized foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Fast food grub, don't expect superior food. Freezer to fat fryer........Ambiance and interior is appealing.The summer outside terrace looks like it would be very nice.Special Features:
- Great place for group getOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2012Great place for group get together.......nice variety on the menu, good quality food.....
- Great lunch spotparisiensVIPDined on 11/27/2012Lunch with two friends. Greeted by Paulette who is always very welcoming. Two of us had the brisket and the third person had the turkey club. All sandwiches were well prepared and served hot. Service was quick and efficient. We were less than 45 minutes which fits in well with our lunch break.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for all agesparisiensVIPDined on 11/22/2012The Chefs make wonderful, creative daily specials. The staff is friendly and competent.Special Features: