Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
9595 Six Pines Drive Suite 1120
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.schillecis.com/
- Phone: 2814194242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 2:00pm Lunch 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner 4:00pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Wayne & Zach Schilleci, David Brittain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen, an intimate, elegant French Quarter-style restaurant on Market Street, is truly family owned and operated. From seafood gumbo to crawfish etouffee, red beans & rice to bread pudding, Schilleci's is proud to offer a menu consisting of Louisiana classics. With weekly happy hours and an ever-expanding wine and beer selection, the French Quarter decor is perfect for a relaxing dining experience. Come in for a taste of New Orleans and "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (18)romantic (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Over-priced and underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014"Faux cajun" is how I would describe the food I had. No shrimp or seafood gumbo is available, only chicken and sausage. The gumbo was mediocre. It appeared to be heavily tomato-based and the sausage pieces were about the size of my little finger nail. The crab cakes were mostly bread stuffing and very little crab meat and were bland to my taste. The one real bright spot was their bread pudding which was truly delicious. $58.00 before tip for one order of 3 small crab cakes as an appetizer, 2 bowls of chicken gumbo, 1 bread pudding, 1 root beer. Do the math.
- Great Food and Great ServiceR1200GSAVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great date night restaurant for my wife and I. The pan seared Tilapia was delicious and the Bread Pudding is a must have.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodgladiwentVIPDined on 10/5/2014If you know anything about the food business, being consistently good is one of the ultimate goals and it is very difficult to achieve. Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen has never disappointed.
- sidewalksally.sidewalksallyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food very good but expensive. 3 Poor boys and 3 glasses of wine, $109.00 with tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickyGDined on 10/3/2014The walnut crusted barramundi with crab cous cous was wonderful. The presentation was very nice and the portion was large. Our waiter, Spencer, was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed itthetruthDined on 9/27/2014Simple, small place with great atmosphere and good food. Quiet, cozy setting. Attentive, friendly staff. Just moved to the area and trying out new places. Will definitely repeat.Special Features:
- one of few Cajun restaurants aroundLindaRVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food and service was very good but, once again, it seems overpriced for what we got! Will save for those special events!Special Features:
- Schillerci's New Orleans KitchenfirestoneDined on 9/20/2014Great food, great waiter, good time. Good to spend some quality time with a special person. Relaxed, not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bread pudding in Texas!Fantastic4Dined on 9/19/2014We have a small group of four who love to dine out together at least four times a year for birthdays. We chose this restaurant because we decided we wanted bread pudding for dessert. The first person arrived alone and was seated promptly without the whole group being present. We chose to eat outside. Food was good, server was outstanding, and the, atmosphere was great. We will be revisiting this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic New Orleans and moreFoodexplorerDined on 9/11/2014Schilleci's offers truly authentic Creole dishes plus some excellent fish preparations. The food is consistently fresh and tasty and the staff professional and helpful. The owners go out of their way to ensure that guests feel welcome and have a great dining experience. This is our go to place before events at the Pavilion and whenever we are in the mood for a taste of N'Awlins.Special Features:
- Always good...SeafoodjunkeeDined on 9/6/2014Relatively small restaurant, but they serve up some really good seafood. Not the cheapest place in Market Street, but prices are on par with Jasper's and Tommy Bahamas. Have yet to be disappointed. You'd be wise to make reservations on Fridays and Saturdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything greatCarolynVIPDined on 9/2/2014I don't know how we missed this restaurant before! The food and service were the best we've had in the Woodlands!Special Features:
- Fantastic wine and dineWineNdineDined on 8/29/2014The owners were so generous, and had a table reserved for us with a high chair WAITING for our son as requested. There is no parallel to this fine Cajun dining, and they have set the bar very high for anyone that wants to try. The wine was fantastic, and the food was great. The pork rib eye was very delicious, but the star of the meal was the artichoke dip! We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread puddingseaag94Dined on 8/23/2014All I can say is the food is always good and the bread pudding phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visting guests loved itTxDinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food and service was great and the noise level was low so we were able to enjoy our food and conversation. We had guests from out of state we wanted some good New Orleans style food and this place...it always serves great food. We will be back and always recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerCopperfieldkreweDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time to this restaurant and we were very pleased from the time we walked in the front door. We started with the crab cakes in the fresh mango sauce. My wife normally doesn't care for anything with shellfish but she devoured one before I could finish mine. I had the Pasta Vodoo and it was absolutely delicious. The ingredients are obviously of highest quality and flavor. We finished with the bread pudding and it was quintessentially New Orleans all the way. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantFoodieDined on 8/10/2014The food and service were fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant. You can sit on the patio and listen to and concert at Cynthia Woods while eating and drinking really well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSunshineDined on 8/9/2014Being from Louisiana, I am always intrigued by restaurants with a Louisiana menu. This is not a loud, over-decorated Cajun style fun place. It is more of a low-key, upscale Louisiana cuisine. The food I'd delicious, the service is frequent and attentive, and the owner makes a point of going around and talking to all of the guest. All of us at the table (6) had something different and each loved what they ordered. This is a great restaurant and in a great location!Special Features:
- What a findRKreviewDined on 8/4/2014We just can't get enough of this wonderful little restaurant. We were thrilled after discovering we had an authentic New Orleans style establishment right in our own backyard. Lunch was great, po-boys, bisque, jambalaya, great daily special menu, Abita beer, etc. When we ate there for diner we were just AMAZED. Our server Corey was delightful, energetic, and made wonderful wine suggestions. We naturally went with a bottle of the Duckhorn Merlot the moment it was suggested (he must have somehow known our love of Duckhorn!?). We loved the Crab Cakes w/ Mango Salsa and Jumbo Shrimp. The Pork Rib-eye was cooked perfectly and the Blackened Shrimp Risotto was to die for. We have already booked reservations for the night of the Tim Mcgraw concert.Special Features:
- Great food and good valueBass1stDined on 8/2/2014We took our first visit here at the weekend. Waiting staff where very helpful and friendly. Service was fast and the food was very good, and not expensive compared to other restaurants in Market Street. Oh, and the crawfish dip starter was sensational!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch out but not date nightTexasfamilyoffourDined on 8/2/2014We have been wanting to try Schilleci's and finally gave it a go. Our food was good but not great; service was efficient and friendly; the atmosphere is a little sterile and falls short of inviting. I would not choose it for a romantic dinner out, but would return with kids or definitely with friends for lunch.Special Features:
- PercyDined on 7/25/2014Have been many times....food preparation was not up to usual standard...seafood salad did not have any taste....remolaude salad did not have any flavor...soft shell crab was not very tasty....fried much to long & appeared to have been frozen when cooked.Special Features:
- Bad experienceRulesdocVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had reservation for 8:15pm on a Wednesday evening. After ordering was notified kitchen to close at 9pm; if we wanted to order any dessert should do so by 8:50pm if it needed preparation from kitchen. Only patrons in restaurant after 9pm with some staff seated in plain site in main restaurant waiting to leave. Waiter tried to not push us but the air was set. Food was good but the experience left much to be desired.
- As always, wonderul.FamilyfourDined on 7/19/2014This family is extremely adept at running a business. Perfect blend of gracious hosting, wonderful service, delicious food, and bread pudding that melts in your mouth to complete a great evening. We just love it here, and we're so happy to have a bit of New Orleans in The Woodlands!Special Features:
- New Orleans in the WoodlandsKWorl3yMaxDined on 7/12/2014Excellent restaurant - greeted by owner & his wife. Menu & food quality excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsBlondetexan1973Dined on 7/11/2014I made a seamless reservation on open table. We were the last table of the night but our service and food was superb I had the crab and lobster stuffed jalapeño and my boyfriend had the blackened shrimp and crab risotto which was pricey ($32) but was absolutely delicious. Our only regret was not receiving our leftovers for the latter which we discovered when we arrived home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!indulgenceDined on 6/28/2014This gem was quite a find in The Woodlands Market Square. Great food and service. Family owned restaurant; the owner and his wife work the tables if they are there. Weekly specials are great.Special Features:
- Concert and Dinner in OneMontgomeryDinerDined on 6/27/2014We sat outside and were able to hear a popular concert from The Pavilion which was fun. The crab cakes and bread pudding were my favorites, rich and delicious! My son, who doesn't eat seafood, enjoyed the Cajun Chicken Alfredo. It was a bit pricey for a regular dining experience, but okay for a special occasion. I will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!FamilyfourDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic food, great atmosphere, caring owner, and wonderful service. Couldn't have been happier with everything. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The following 288 reviews are from the Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen reviews archive.
- Very hospitableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014It seemed like several of the owner/family was present during our visit and they were all extremely gracious and genuinely concerned about our dining experience. The food was great and my husband loved the character of the place as he spent a lot of time in New Orleans. We had a good time and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieDined on 6/21/2014We arrived with one person more than our reservation. They were exceptionally gracious and added an extra chair immediately. The food was great and the service, and attention from Mr. Schelleci, was wonderful. So glad to find this place in my neighborhood. Will definitely return & recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amberry14Amberry14Dined on 6/17/2014Absolutely delicious as always! Schilleci's never disappoints. Love the friendly staff too. They always make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!!LovecajunfoodDined on 6/14/2014Love, love, love this place!!!!!!!!!!! The food is fabulous , the staff is wonderful!Special Features:
- overbookedSingermom1Dined on 6/14/2014We booked a table through Open Table. We planned to eat dinner before a concert across the street. We chose a reservation time based on the concert so we would have plenty of time and not be rushed. We arrived at 6:30 and our table wasn't ready. We waited 20-25 minutes for a table WITH a reservation. Once seated we received our drink orders but not a bowl of cajun chips or bread that comes to the table. We received our entrees about the time we received the chips we had to request. No bread. The manager told us Bread Pudding was on him that night. I had to remind the server of that or we wouldn't have received it. We made it to the concert just in time, rushed. Great food but inconvenienced. Poorly done.Special Features:
- Too Pricey13ramrodDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant used to be in the Spring area, and you could go in for slightly higher than average price lunch.....they moved to the woodlands and got real upitty....it is very expensive for what you get....do not recommend....noisy and expensive....the food quality has gone down because the owners no longer cook...they hire kids to go in and cook...just not the same.
- Just another small resturantniceVIPDined on 6/9/2014Nothing really special, Good Cajun food, Razoos about same quality with one half the price. Atmosphere lacking. One room, no bar, with a few outside tables not being used. Booked room due to Open Table showing 1000 points, but now only 100 given ??Special Features:
- JewelsVIPDined on 6/2/2014Quaint little restaurant inside market street. Feels very Louisiana style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic New OrleansTeamCasonVIPDined on 5/31/2014Crawfish etoufee was really good. So was shrimp po boy. Complimentary potato chip appetizer was spicy and very good as well.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerBlendmanDined on 5/31/2014You know that going to have an excellent evening, when see an owner personal involved with the operations of a resturant. Excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchLenMatDined on 5/31/2014My siblings and I took our mom to Schelleci's for nice birthday celebration on Saturday. The restaurant has a nice quiet energy and we could laugh and have great conversation during a very delicious meal. My family spent years in New Orleans when we were younger and this restaurant and its menu is a nice nod to New Orleans comfort foods! Everything we had for lunch was beautifully plated and very tasty - the crayfish dip appetizer, the po-boys, fried catfish, blackened pork and New Orleans duck! This was not our first visit to Schelleci's and it will not be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.