Scene on Main at The Hyatt Rochester
125 E. Main St
Rochester, NY 14604Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Scene on Main at The Hyatt Rochester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rochester.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp#1920
- Phone: 5855466777
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 10:30 am, Saturday- Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am -2:00 pm, Saturday- Sunday: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Dinner: Nightly: 5:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dustin Muroski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Scene on Main at The Hyatt Rochester
Scene on Main Restaurant and Bar offers modern American cuisine in an urban setting. Newly renovated and located on the lobby level, downtown views are a perfect backdrop for breakfast, lunch or a spectacular business dinner. Scene on Main's modern surroundings and incomparable service will surpass all your expectations. From your morning coffee to your evening nightcap, our staff is here to make every taste unforgettable in a relaxing, sophisticated environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scene on Main at The Hyatt Rochester reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worst experience everSocialdinerDined on 10/3/2013The service was lousy. We were not given bread plates or water refills for crying out loud. It was quiet and only one other table but we were the first ones there. It was like the staff was purposely ignoring us. We tried to get the waitress to stop at our table and pay attention but tunnel vision. Food overpriced and poor quality steak and undercooked sides.
- Neat lunch spot downtownuneekseekDined on 8/2/2013The grilled cheese lived up to its reputation - a unique comfort food paired with comfortable, high-back chairs that offered some privacy for our group lunch. The fresh parmesan cheese was a tasty and elegant topping for pretty much everything our group ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers, entrées disappoinBillcapDined on 6/14/2013we actually liked the appetizers better than the meals themselves. All the appetizers were delicious, from crab cake donut holes to vegetable sliders to a MIddle East Flatbread pizza-like dish (our favorite), to the beet salad. The meals were just OK. Our salmon was a bit dry/overcooked and while the idea of the stuffing was great, it didn't work out as well as we thought it would (though no fault to them for trying--it sounded good). Our friends' pasta was OK, but they thought nothing great. The dessert was delicious. Service was attentive throughout. It's a nice bright, open setting. We'd definitely go back for a small plates kind of dinner with friends--shared appetizers. Not sure we'd try entrées again.Special Features:
- Your restaurant is good forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Your restaurant is good for a business luncheon but sadly, it didn't do well for a Christmas dinner.Special Features:
- Good service & good food offmorandcVIPDined on 12/17/2012Good service & good food off of a limited menue. Very active bar scene. Good place to grab a bite if you are staying in the hotel.Special Features:
- Very convenient when stayingmorandcVIPDined on 11/14/2012Very convenient when staying in the Hyatt. Limited menu but food is very good. Enthusiastic staff. Breakfast buffet is the real highlight.Special Features:
- Excellent salads. ConvenientmorandcVIPDined on 7/16/2012Excellent salads. Convenient location if you are staying in the Hyatt.
- Just a quick visit to Rochester.GramadgeVIPDined on 6/9/2012Just a quick visit to Rochester. We were pleasantly surprised at the interesting variety of choices on the menu. Great sharing plates.Special Features:
- Upscale tapas barAndreaCVIPDined on 6/6/2012I like to think of Scene on Main as an upscale tapas bar. All the dishes are designed to be shared. Our favorites are the Nova Scotia Lobster Mac and Cheese, the Grilled Flatbread and the Angus Burger Sliders. The new design-your-own-pasta menu is quite interesting too. The service can be a bit casual, occasionally.Special Features:
- Generous servings and friendly,HenryVIPDined on 5/27/2012Generous servings and friendly, attentive service.Special Features:
- Chef introduced a specialmorandcVIPDined on 3/20/2012Chef introduced a special pasta menu that was a very good add to the normal menu.
- Very good service. MenuemorandcVIPDined on 3/8/2012Very good service. Menue is still a bit limited & pricey. Great location if you're staying at the hotel. Breakfast buffet remains a plus.
- Convenient place to "catchmorandcVIPDined on 2/16/2012Convenient place to "catch a bite" if you are staying in the hotel. Somewhat limited menu of small portions of food. More expensive than it should be for Rochester. Breakfast buffet remains a highlight.
- Decent, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Food was decent, but a bit overpriced. Prices may be typical for business professionals, but not for a local couple on Valentine's Day. Next time, I will be going to Crab Shack.
- Very convenient place to grabmorandcVIPDined on 11/1/2011Very convenient place to grab a drink & a lite bite. I was surprised that the servings were as small as they were & I found them a bit expensive. I stay in the hotel occasionally & will try it again. Great breakfast buffet.Special Features:
- Had dinner on a Saturday nighOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2011Had dinner on a Saturday nigh - a little confusing as to how to get seated as the dining area is situated in a small area behind a wall between the front desk and the bar area. Funky decor/seating in the small dining area - you're not really looking out directly on Main Street, but at the building across the side street. The menu had a pretty good variety of offerings, from tapas to full dinners - all a la carte so it adds up, but we were very satisfied with the service in and the meal. And we stayed overnight which entitled us to a complimentary breakfast buffet which was great.Special Features:
- Restaurant felt like an afterthoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011Restaurant felt like an afterthought. What can we do with this space near the lobby? There are only a few tables in a freezing mostly white space, with very little fabric. Not cozy. I felt like I was waiting for a flight. The food seems to be actually all finger-food appetizers, which people usually try to make sound more sophisticated by calling them tapas, but this place didn't even do that. So when you order what sounds like a sandwich, or a pizza, or a plate of hummus and falafel, etc., all you're really getting is a small open faced flat bread thing. Yes, you could order many things if you actually went out to dinner because you were hungry, but none of themtasted any good! Oh wee, at least they validated our parling ticket.