Scarpina Bar & Grill
88 University Place
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Scarpina Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninony.com/
- Phone: 2126454525
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am Sunday BRUNCH - 11am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We accommodate up to 120 people, Menu parties $30 and up. Catering Services available off premises.
- Private Party Contact: Benny Gocaj 2126454525
- Entertainment: DJ on Thursday - Saturday nights from 12:00 am-3:00 am.
- Special Events: We will be open Christmas Eve until 10:00pm. Join us for a special New Year's Celebration on Dec 31st Early seating alla carte menu until 8:00pm Second Seating 10:00pm-3:00am $40 Entrance fee. Bar and Bottle Service Only! Live DJ and party favors provided.
A word from Scarpina Bar & Grill
Scarpina Bar & Grill is located in Union Square. We serve Mediterranean cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarpina Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Neighborhood Italian, a cut aboveDavidCioccDined on 2/2/2013Really nice place in the NYU neighborhood. We arrived a little early, sat at the bar with a drink to wait for guests. Upon their on time arrival, the manager didn't whisk us to our table, but instead let everyone have a drink and then go to our table. So gracious, it set the mood for the meal. The bartender and wait staff are well trained, blending just the right amount of friendliness with professionalism and attention. We all enjoyed our dishes, which included Vitello Sorrentino, a special that night - the veal did not seem to be a thin cutlet but rather a slice from a roast, a salad, various pastas. A very good list of wines by the glass rounded it out. I'll go there again.Special Features:
- Party of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013From the second I walked in the manager was full of welcoming. He seated us at our table it was a nice and cozy place. We had 6 people so we wanted to catch up before eating and the waiter didn't even rush us but when it came time to order he was right there the food was delicious severice was amazing. I will be back
- Love Scarpina!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013This was my second visit and it was just as good as the first. The decor is very nice, the food(last night's appetizer special was wonderful)& service was great. Always a warm, heartfelt greeting when you enter. I never feel rushed to eat & leave. This is my favorite spot to go to when I'm in this area.Special Features:
- It was wonderful good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013It was wonderful good food, good service and the place itself looks nice so that's a plus. Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Had a nice b-day dinner w/ my famOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013Overall, very good. I picked Scarpina based on its proximity to Union Square, a menu that had something for everyone in our group, and the reasonable prices for the area. Alejandro was our server, assisted by a team who kept the table clear and waters filled. They were very attentive to our party, even overheard our birthday toast and brought me a tiramisu with candle after dinner. The chianti we had was reasonably priced and a good wine. All our food was excellent, in particular, the lobster ravioli. The only exception I had was the odd choice of music that was playing: a compilation of bad love songs, featuring Celine Dion. It just didn't fit the ambiance of the rest of the restaurant.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013I had a wonderful experience here. The food was tasty the waiter and busboy are nice. We had homemade lasagna it was the special of the day. It was in the top ten best lasagna I ever had (number one Is my moms). We had cheese cake and cremburla and when we saw how tasty those to we're we tried the panna gotta. Everything was delicious no complaints from me I will be back. Benny and staff keep Up the good work.Special Features:
- Scarpina Aims to PleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2013Scarpina aims to please with both food and service and they accomplish their goal. A friend and I enjoyed a very pleasant lunch on a recent rainy day. Particularly delicious was the soup of the day -- pasta e fagiole, as well as their cappuccino.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013I came here last night and I gotta say it was an amazing experience. The food was delicious the waiter was friendly.he didn't rush us to leave even though we stayed after closing. He just waited patiently for us to eat after we finished eating we finished our wine then he asked if we want desert I got the homemade tiramisu it was delicious. The chocolate cake was also nice (my friend got it and I tasted a liltle piece). All in all it was an a good experience I will be back except I'll go earlier this time.Special Features:
- I hosted my 30th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013I hosted my 30th birthday here a year ago and this was my first time back since. The food was wonderful, service great... We had a wonderful night out with friends!!!Special Features:
- The place was absolutely gorgeousMrWhiteVIPDined on 1/14/2013The place was absolutely gorgeous and noble. my family and I enjoyed so much, that we will be back next week to celebrate my wife's birthday, thanks for such beautiful experienceSpecial Features:
- I enjoy Scarpina quite often.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013I enjoy Scarpina quite often. Whenever, I have a friend or client in town I go to Scarpina. The service, food, and staff are amazing! Just a nice relaxing place, Love it!Special Features:
- We chose this place becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013We chose this place because it was near a movie we were seeing afterwards. Had not been there before, but were very pleasantly surprised. the service was polite and excellent. the food was delicious. all around terrific experience. finished in plenty of time for our movie (with a tight schedule). will definitely return and highly recommend to you!Special Features:
- This restaurant is a casualOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/8/2013This restaurant is a casual down to earth restaurant with friendly, accomodating service. The food was traditional with delicious specials. I would go back again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- As expected Scarpina bar &MrWhiteVIPDined on 1/7/2013As expected Scarpina bar & grill, remains one of my favorite dining, I like the atmosphere and decor but the food is best not to mention the service is always greatSpecial Features:
- Delighted with the food inMrWhiteVIPDined on 1/3/2013Delighted with the food in Scarpina Bar & Grill, very good service and atmosphere, I certainly would give extra star to this place and definitely be back soonSpecial Features:
- GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/2/2013GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE .... I WAS VERY PLESEDSpecial Features:
- Really good place for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Really good place for dinner. Great service, food was not 100 percent as we ordered but overall we will go back again
- Your Review: Our reservationPearlsDined on 12/31/2012Your Review: Our reservation was between lunch & dinner @ 3:30, but we were courteously accommodated with a professional attitude and demeanor. The food was outstanding. The staff was observant and consistently polite. We will return!Special Features:
- pleasant eveningKenwuVIPDined on 12/25/2012beside our entire meal were salty, the overall dinning experience was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Best pork chops I ever had!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2012Best pork chops I ever had! Everything else was just good; the service, however, was exceptional.Special Features:
- Xmas lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We are visiting from Australia and had our Xmas lunch here. We could not fault Scarpina in any way. The standout was the quality of food service and friendliness of the staff. This was important event so far from home and we were not dissappointed. Thanks to Sam and his Mama's cooking!Special Features:
- Great Italian in Union Square!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012Despite its Union Square location, Scarpina is a surprising find on opentable, but the reviews did not lie. The food is very good for italian, especially considering the competition that exists in New York City. The wine list is very robust too, and our waiters were courteous and helpful. In one such instance, my friend went out for a cigarette, and my waiter took his coffee back only to bring him a fresh cup once he returned. That is what I call service. Waiters and waitresses please take note. That is how you treat customers. I would absolutely come back here with my friends.
- Pre-holiday Lunch at ScarpinaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2012A friend and I enjoyed a pre-holiday lunch at Scarpina. We sat in the area towards the front of the restaurant, which is up a few steps and somewhat set off from the rest of the house. It gives it a private feeling even when other diners are nearby. Service was attentive. The menu was largely Italian with additional Spanish and Mediterranean offerings. We had traditional Italian dishes -- chicken marsala and saltimbocca which were served with a small scoop of mashed potatoes and a green vegetable. The marsala had green beans perfectly cooked to maintain firmness. Dessert was well-made cappuccinos and a delicious tiramisu, large enough to be shared. Altogether, an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Where to begin... This is an amazing restaurant in every way! From the moment one walks in the door until they regretfully have to leave.... fully satisfied with every aspect of this phenomenal experience!! I so look forward to my return, which will be sooner rather than later!Special Features:
- MehAnonymousDined on 12/17/2012It was just fine, not great. Completely empty which is never a good sign. No major complaints but it wasn't super fantastic so no need to return. There were carrots in my mussels...odd
- Our dinner at Scarpina BarOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Our dinner at Scarpina Bar & Grill was wonderful! From the moment we walked in the door we were treated special. The waiter and servers couldn't have been nicer. From the choice of wine to dessert was outstanding. We didn't order appetizers or dessert, but Scarpina's treated each of us with a delicious appetizer and since we were only having coffee or cappuccino to end our delightful meal. Again we were treated to dessert. We were a group of 9 and 4 plates of homemade tiramisu was served. Everyone had a great time after visiting the holiday shops at Bryant Park and Union Square. We all said that we would go back in a heartbeat. "Hats off to Scarpina Bar & Grill!"Special Features:
- Christmas partyMrWhiteVIPDined on 12/14/2012A group of ten friends and I celebrated our Christmas party in Scarpina, the food came out hot and at the same time, excellent service. we all enjoy, thanks for such a beautiful moment.Special Features:
- Great place with a intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012Great place with a intimate setting. Service was top notch and got a lot of attention. Wine selection was decent. Had the veal medallion - veal was well cooked, sauce was delicious and vegetables were well grilled. I really enjoyed my eating experience. Also got a home made tiramisu can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Cornish Game Hen was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Cornish Game Hen was delicious, but my girlfriend did not care much for the veal dish she ordered. We had the prix fixe menu for $30. Crispy Calamari appetizer was great, and the creme brulee for desert was delicious as well. Candle lit tables. Music was a little clubby for an otherwise intimate classy dinner scene.Special Features:
- Many thanks again for a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Many thanks again for a lovely evening! I have been a patron since first they opened nearly 3 years ago and it has remained consistently excellent in all regards. Well done! Bravo!Special Features:
- Worth every $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012One of the absolute best. A true gem of NYC. The OSSO BUCO was amazing served with rissoto Milanese and natural juices of OSSO BUCOSpecial Features:
- I took my family for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/6/2012I took my family for dinner to this dis place , we have such a lovely evening , Fantastic for groupsSpecial Features:
- Very comfortable ambiance,LIWriterGuyVIPDined on 12/1/2012Very comfortable ambiance, and the food was served hot and delicious. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Went for my birthday. The service was in point. The appetizers were amazing! Great place to spend time with family n friends. Definitely going again!Special Features:
- Not bad, not a standout.TexxtilerVIPDined on 11/30/2012Cocktails were fantastic. Crispy calamari salad had great flavor and was a good size. Pasta dishes were disappointing. Not bad but not great, especially for the price. Service was outstanding, what one might expect from a much higher end restaurant, and the noise level was superb, our group could converse without having to strain our voices.
- Had dinner on a Groupon. ScarpinoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/28/2012Had dinner on a Groupon. Scarpino had a special menu for the promotion. This can be a problem in that you can feel like a second class citizen In tis case, the menu was large enough with enough choices not to be a stigma. We had a wonderful fried calamari salad that was really inspired. For main courses I had a pan broiled fish that was moist and perfectly cooked. But a restaurant should never put steak on a menu unless it will be tender and flavorful. My husband's steak was cooked as ordered but was very tough. Our mistake.
- To tell the truth I neverOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/28/2012To tell the truth I never expected such a nice experience at this place BUT... I was completely happy from When i walked in till i left. first we had a couple of drinks at the bar and then our waiter came to the bar just to help and guide us to the table! The food was perfectly cooked with a lovely presentation my wife had red snapper special and she loved it!! It is very hard to complain when you have 3 or 4 people serving you at the same time!! What a great night we will be back for sure!!Special Features:
- Food not as appealing as website...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/24/2012Had a family dinner here for dinner before seeing a show in Union Square. Restaurant was virtually empty when we walked in. Ambiance was o.k., and service was decent enough, but menu seemed confused- restauant seemed to be struggling for an identity. Dishes tasted fair- my wife hardly ate her food, and the kids also both left virtually full plates. Won't be in a hurry to go back...
- Food and service was veryLikesToEastVIPDined on 11/23/2012Food and service was very good. There were 7 people and everyone enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:
- Happy Thanksgiving.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/22/2012I took my family to dinner for Thanksgiving. The food was Great. We were a party of eight, the service was on point and the staff was attended. I was satisfied with everything at Scarpina. i will definitely go back.