Scarpetta - Toronto
550 Wellington Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 2V4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
Scarpetta - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottconant.com/restaurants
- Phone: 4166013590
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Conant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining accommodations available for parties of up to 40 or full restaurant buyouts for up to 120. *Please note - during the holiday season (November/December) we are also available for private lunch functions for 30 people or more. Please call us to inquire further.
- Private Party Contact: Tara Matthews 8773114946
A word from Scarpetta - Toronto
An Italian expression that means “little shoe” -- or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish -- Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to the very last taste. The restaurant’s seasonally-inspired Italian dishes offer farm-fresh ingredients and clean, earthy flavors that pay homage to Conant’s heritage and time in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarpetta - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
- AwesomeDrewDined on 3/14/2014Friendly service, amazing food. However, the restaurant was closing the day after we dined. So unjust, because our experience was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Last MealSYFMDined on 3/12/2014When I think about how amazing my meal at Scarpetta was, I think what a shame that Toronto didn't embrace this restaurant. Italian fine dining will never be the same without Scarpetta Toronto. If you had the opportunity to dine at Scarpetta while it was open, consider yourself the lucky ones! Scarpetta will be missed~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great.PeteDined on 2/13/2014Only issue is that tables for 2 are a little too large for intimate conversation.Special Features:
- Surprisingly disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014I went with my boyfriend for our anniversary dinner as our friends recommended this restaurant. Our server was extremely rude throughout the whole meal, and the chardonnay was not up to par compared to other restaurants. Thankfully, the coinnesseur was very professional and pleasant, and was able to recommended a better tasting wine. The saving grace (and star) of the night was the food. Overall, very disappointing and won't be going back to this restaurant again. I would not recommend going to Scarpetta if you are aiming for a romantic night out. You might be disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedDevicaDined on 2/11/2014Based on a previous experience, I decided to take my mom to this restaurant for winterlicious. Everything was fine, but the main course, did not taste right at all. Disappointed. We both had the Arctic char, and both took it away and did not eat it, even the next day. Surprised but may give this place another chance.Special Features:
- fabulous eveningfredDined on 2/11/2014Food was amazing. Grilled octopus starter was the best I've ever had. Ravioli was melt-in-your mouth. Duck and Arctic char mains were perfectly prepared. Char was fresh! Outstanding wine list (if you're partial to Italian reds - which I am!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant as always.JoolsDined on 2/9/2014Scarpetta never fails to deliver. From the food to the service to the ambience it's a great dining experience and is our favourite restaurant in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, irreverent serviceRodm54Dined on 2/8/2014Scarpetta was amazing. All 3 courses of the Winterlicious menu were great, the short ribs, the pork chop and the petit four (actually five). Other things tried were the soup, spaghetti (amazing), the chocolate cake and the caramel bundino. Our server was amusing and irreverent, quick to share a one liner or a recommendation. All in all, a great night enjoyed with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feb 8 dinnermeandhimVIPDined on 2/8/2014Was there for Winterliscious, and appetizers were fabulous! In fact both my husband and I would have eaten multiple appies over the main course choices, they seemed a bit odd (plain spagetti with basil tomato sauce, really?). I had the braised short ribs with risotto and it was like heaven in my mouth. Gravy was fabulous, meat was so tender. Hubby had the kale, escarole salad and loved it. Hubby loved his crusted chicken main (and the sauce or gravy again for both mains was fabulous!); my pork chop was dry but tasted good with the sauce. No sides with either of them, that was kinda of weird. Desserts were chocolate lava cake and salted caramel pudding - both very yummy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodcarriewlyDined on 2/7/2014very well executed. the in-house baked breads are amazing! the desserts were so-so only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamy food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2014I went with a few friends for Winterlicous and the menu and service was amazing. I didn't feel like we were treated any differently than other guests even though we ate off the Winterlicious menu which was refreshing. The food was heavenly from appetizer to desert and we had a delicious wine recommended by our server. I started with Wild mushrooms and polenta, followed by chicken with leeks and ended with a caramel concoction that was out of this world! This was my first time at Scarpetta and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere but for thetorontofoodiebkDined on 2/7/2014Great atmosphere but for the price the food was not good enoughSpecial Features:
- Overall….SPECTACULAR!jammmmmmmmmm16Dined on 2/4/2014Myself and 2 girlfriends chose to try Scarpetta for the first time for our annual winterlicious dinner, and I couldn't be happier that we did. The food was UNREAL. We had the braised short ribs of beef with risotto (to die for), the spaghetti dish which was made better than my grandmother, and the dessert was just..wow. I was so impressed with Scarpetta, not only with its amazing food - but the service was impeccable. Since we are younger (22-25 years old) we tend to get shafted in the service aspect of any restaurant, but Scarpetta did not discriminate. Our glasses were always filled and they kept refilling the amazing bread basket. Do yourself a favour and splurge! You will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest Italian food, interestingCarmarDined on 1/31/2014Grest Italian food, interesting wine list although not much choice @ $60 though plenty @ $200, knowlgeable sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterliciousnomnomnomDined on 1/31/2014I think Winterlicious should be a time for restaurants to attract customers or potential customers. Scarpetta was a big Dissapointment. It was recommended by a director at work but maybe because he went for regular menu. However, I think Scarpetta did a half job when trying to "market" their restaurant. For me, the food was more at the $25 menus than at the $45 level. The desserts were way too sweet. The service was only soso and would have expected a lot better as it is a highend place. We were at all impressed and would not recommend foe Winterlicious.
- I went to Scarpetta for WinterlicioHJKimDined on 1/31/2014I went to Scarpetta for Winterlicious and I have no complaints whatsoever. The food, service and atmosphere were great! I tried Scott Conant's famous spaghetti and really enjoyed it. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was nothing about thisBFTPPMDined on 1/25/2014There was nothing about this meal, inclusive of service, that could be improved. My boyfriend and I were very pleasantly surprised by our dining experience.....................even the staff were raving about the food and obviously very proud to be working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingExpectsgoodvalueDined on 1/25/2014Wow! We went here for our wedding anniversary because we were staying at the Thompson Hotel. The food and drink was incredibly disappointing. My $15 (gin I think) cocktail was flat and boring. Yellowtail starter was uninspired. The tortellini was kind of hard and crunchy on the outside, squishy on the inside. The venison and duck tasted shockingly liked they'd been precooked and heated up! They were both chewy and bland. Both were served with sides (braised cabbage and lentils) that were too plentiful. My partner tells me the cabbage was too sharp and overwhelmed the venison. The budini was ok, but compared to say, Bestellen's, inferior. A poorly executed meal for far more than you should have to pay for decent food in this city.
- Scarpetta - A special night outJayeltexDined on 1/18/2014Quite honestly we had a perfect evening. The staff and the service was great....accommodating and helpful, The food was wonderful. Great wine list. We had only been there one previously but I expect that we will be going there a lot more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the kale salad was lovely;OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/15/2014the kale salad was lovely; the veggies accompanying the organic chicken were too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected Class...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013The restaurant was not at all what I expected. We were looking for a fine dining experience and got rubbish. The server was great, but the environment was terrible. Loud and obnoxious parties and not at all what a fine dining experience should be I have been to gorgeous high end restaurants in Toronto and in other big cities around the world. Scarpetta was a huge disappointment. What made it worse, when I tried to bring it to the manager's attention, he blamed us for the experience using the words "well, YOU did this and YOU insisted on that" that is NOT customer service. I know a LOT of people and they will definitely be hearing about Scarpetta. No wonder the place was empty when we went.Special Features:
- Kevin was awesome!BETTYUDined on 12/14/2013Had a fabulous meal, 4 course menu sampler with wine pairing, amazing!!! Foods and wine paired perfectl, hightly recommend dining at Scarpetta.Special Features:
- Total disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013The food was boring, no one was impressed with the dishes they ordered. I facts one friend texted me from the airport and said her fish was more satisfying there than at the restaurant. I don't like to say negative things but in this case one needs to stand up and call it. Boring, heavy food. The server we had was absolutely lifeless and spoke from a contrived script, it was truly very disappointing.
- Great meal - vegan friendly!dommmmVIPDined on 12/4/2013Loved my last meal at Scarpetta, the vegetarian menu is easy to navigate, and they were very accommodating to make some vegan suggestions. The mushroom and hazelnut salad though billed as a starter could be a meal onto itself, and was fantastic. Gorgeous wine list too - and although the lobby (bar) of the Thompson Hotel can be a bit of a zoo, the restaurant is nice and mellow, with professional & attentive staff.Special Features:
- Good but lacks NYC's refinementChompChompDined on 11/29/2013The service was good, but I clearly sensed that the more senior servers were training the newer members. The service felt clunky and lacked elegance. The food was good but certainly did not live up to the level of the NYC location. The Frittatta salad was a gigantic pile of deep fried seafood and vegetables, heavy and salty. While the butter lettuce salad lacked real flavour, over powered by balsamic vinager. The saving grace was their signature dish, spaghetti and tomato sauce. While it was enjoyed by all at our table, it was missing something and still felt like an imitation of NYC's recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Memorable Visit...1RidleyDined on 11/29/2013Marvellous culinary experience, with attentive, not intrusive service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!VisitingTheCityDined on 11/22/2013My girlfriend and I were in Toronto for the weekend from Vancouver and wanted to find a high-end, classy Italian restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. Through an online search I came across Scarpetta. The level of food we experienced in our visit was second-to-none in comparison of any restaurant in Toronto thus far(and there has been many). Our server was pleasant, very knowledgeable and knew when to stay at the table and chat, and when to give us time to enjoy our experience. An excellent finishing touch was the server made arrangements for us to go up to the rooftop bar/patio for drinks after dinner. Very classy and much appreciated. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/22/2013We found Scarpetta when searching for restaurants during our trip to Toronto, and ended up coming back the next night. First time we tried the chef's 5 course tasting menu - and were not disappointed. They consider your likes/dislikes/allergies and create a menu accordingly. A number of the items were from the a la carte menu, and it was a perfect way for us to sample some of these dishes. Everything was excellent - but for me, the true star was the spaghetti pomodoro - for which I returned the next night! The portion sizes were extremely generous - and we wished we'd starved ourselves for two days prior. It's definitely an experience not to be missed! The host remembered us by name the second night - impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing dining experience,natalieDined on 11/21/2013Truly amazing dining experience, 4th vist and met every expectation. This time we tried the tasting menu and it was absolutely amazing - a great opp to try signature dishes -decadent and portions very generous. Will definately go back. My friend was so impressed she told me would go back with spouse.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013My night at Scarpetta was spent with 2 of my friends. We had a great time. The atmosphere was quiet, dark and designed extremely well. I was impressed with the decor. My order of Cavatelli was good, and my friends enjoyed the Duck Ravioli. The Stromboli was especially great and tasty and one of the highlights. Overall a pleasurable experience and would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013One of the best restaurants in the city. Never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with FriendsCarlaSVIPDined on 11/7/2013We recently dined, as a small group of women, at Scarpetta on a Thursday night. The food, service and ambiance were delightful. the mushroom truffle polenta was to die for. Each of the starters and salads we tried were good portions, flavourful and well presented. Do not eat here if you need to eat healthy - the food is rich and hearty. Even the salads were large and full of yummy but rich ingredients. The service was very good - fun and pleasant servers who had just the right blend of attentive and leaving us alone. We were given a nice large table with lots of space. I hadn`t been to the Thompson Hotel before but it looks like a lovly, vibrant and energetic space.Special Features:
- DissatisfiedUnhappyDined on 10/25/2013First my wife had to read the menu to me because the text was all blurry and gave me a headache Then my steak was pan fried and did not want to send it back because it would have messed up my wife's dinner. Cannot believe you did not grill my steak - never thought you would pan fry a sirloin. Stupid French fries were too thick and raw in the middle. When I left I had this terrible salt taste from my dinner being way too salted. Felt like I drank sea water. Took hours to get rid of the salt taste. My scallop appetizer was wonderful. This was a well prepared dish. So I do not see how they could do a difficult dish well and an easy dish very poorly. All I know is I go out three times a year because I have small children and this was badSpecial Features:
- Great night!PdubDined on 10/19/2013Scarpetta offers incredible food and trys very hard on their service. The tasting menu is excellent but the servers descriptions of the food is difficult to understand. Great for people watching and the bar scene certainly heats up in the evening. Overall good experience but the service could be just a bit better!Special Features:
- Expected moreMarcopoloDined on 10/19/2013We had a very average meal on Saturday night, which was a disappointment to say the least for a restaurant with this high price tag. The seared scallop appetizer was nice, but the complex favors did not meld. Fontina ravioli was the standout dish of the night. My halibut entree was overcooked and my dining partner's venison was overdone as well. Since the restaurant boasted a wine-paring tasting menu we thought wines by the glass would be interesting. Again, we were disappointed with so-so selections. We now understand why we could make a last minute reservation at Scarpetta at a peak dining hour; word of the restaurant's backslide to a typical mediocre Toronto eatery, is out.Special Features:
- Suave, Sophisticated ScarettaJohnf1961VIPDined on 10/18/2013Scarpetta reflects the hotel in which it's located, The Thompson Toronto. Upscale, comfortable surroundings support a menu that reflects progressive, varied fare with a focus on the traditional infused with an Italian spirit. Prompt, friendly service make it all complete. A trip to the rooftop bar after dinner, completed the evening perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and very good serviceSB13Dined on 10/8/2013Enjoyed a nice dinner with a friend. Food was very good, especially the Caramel Budina dessert. Service was great...everyone was very friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a fantastic restaurantLindsayRDined on 10/5/2013The food at Scarpetta is outstanding. What's great about it is the variety. There's steak, fish, pasta and a vegetarian section on the menu. I've eaten and tasted items from all of these categories and they are all extremely well executed. The flavour and presentation will exceed your expectations. The service is very friendly and genuine - this is quite rare for upscale Toronto dining! Overall, I highly recommend Scarpetta for a special occasion. Order the Jerusalem Artichoke soup to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just mediocre - Hostess wasnonickname111111Dined on 9/28/2013Just mediocre - Hostess was sleepy and slugish and didn't seem to understsand simple questions, service was less than adequate (saw the waiter once at the begining and once at the end), food was acceptable (best item was a tomato salad, which is essentially tomatoes, oil, and salt), sommelier bumped into our table several times when getting wine from the cellar and did not appologize or excuse himself. The good things were the busboys were on the ball and the dining room looks good. There are just so many better places where one can thoroughly enjoy food, wine, service, and a great evening.Special Features:
- Will Go BAckmopoDined on 9/28/2013Great dinner, good service. We went at 7:30 and were not rushed. My friend ordered scallops and said they were the best she ever had. My duck was incredible and had to take some home as she took her pork chop home as well. I thought the plates would be smaller and was pleasantly surprised to have a really good portion. Waiter was very helpful and had a good personality. The only drawback, but has nothing to do with the restaurant, was that we were not allowed on the rooftop bar after dinner as you had to be a guest at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.