Scarlet Tea Room & Fine Dining
18 W Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Scarlet Tea Room & Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scarlettearoom.com/
- Phone: 6265770051x
- Hours of Operation:
Afternoon Tea & Lunch: Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am to 4 pm; Evening Tea (Dinner Menu NOT Available): Tuesday through Thursday, 4 pm to closing; Evening Tea & Dinner: Friday and Saturday, 6 pm to 10 pm (Dinner begins at 6 pm); Sunday Tea: 11 am to 4 pm; NEW Happy Hour: Tuesday through Friday, 4 pm to closing.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Chef Bobby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Scarlet Tea Room & Fine Dining offers full service catering for every event your heart could dream of up to 100 people. Including Afternoon Teas, Business Lunches, Dinners and Receptions. Our service includes any item on our menu, servers, bartenders and hosts, and we do our best to accommodate special requests from our kitchen. Please call us directly for more information on how to make your event a "Scarlet Experience."
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire restaurant is equipped to accommodate your special occasions up to 85 people.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Mikaelian 6265770051x
- Entertainment: Romantic Piano on Thursday and Friday Evenings, Continental Piano on Saturday Afternoon, & Live Jazz on Saturday Evenings.
- Cross Street: Fair Oaks Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are 2 options for parking while dining at the Scarlet Tea Room. Our first option is 90 minutes FREE ($2.00 for every 20 minutes over with a max of $6.00 per day) and located at the North East corner of Fair Oaks Avenue and Green Street- on the left hand side of Green Street just past Fair Oaks Ave.
Our second option is located across the street from our restaurant, on the North West corner of Fair Oaks Avenue and Green Street. The cost is $10.
A word from Scarlet Tea Room & Fine Dining
Open a door to a new kind of restaurant that infuses Five-Star Dining with an Elegant Tea at Scarlet Tea Room & Fine Dining. In addition to elegant ambiance, live music, extravagant decor with a new regional wine selection and delicious cocktails, this restaurant offers a charming selection of teas, gourmet foods and mouth-watering desserts to tantalize all your senses. If you've never experienced royal treatment while dining out, the elegant and friendly service will guide you through an unforgettable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarlet Tea Room & Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best Tea RoomSandiDined on 3/29/2014We are very sad that Sat was our last time to dine at Scarlet Tea Room. We have had many, many special occasions there over the years. We will miss going there and we already know that we won't find a place with great people, ambience, service. From the Owner to the server it was top notch. It is the lost of city of is trying to take best and put in highrise that isn't Green St. My best Sandi GoodmanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully this is not "Good Bye"IrishroseDined on 3/28/2014This is such a perfect place. The team, food and ambiance that has been created will be sorely missed by my friends and myself. People from as far away as San Diego, Texas and Florida have raved about "Scarlet" and when told it was closing were very disappointed. Even with the closing in three days everything was as fresh and perfect as always. Many an enjoyable afternoon has been spent here and you will be missed. Wishing the entire Scarlet Tea Room staff the best of everything and fingers crossed we will all meet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awkward Seating Areateatime12Dined on 3/23/2014I had a fun dining experience at the Scarlet Tea Room. The food and service were excellent. My one complaint: we were seated at a table that had a clear view of the door that was labeled 'Restrooms' We also had a clear view of the traffic that kept going in and out of the restroom door the whole time we were there. It was a bit distracting. Many times, the door was left wide open by one of the customers or by one of the employees. Eventually, one of the employees would come along and close the door. This restroom door actually opened up to a hallway leading to the actual restrooms instead of opening up to the restroom itself. Still, it kind of felt like I was having meal next to the toilet. Maybe a room divider to hide the door might help?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to see you leaveSid55Dined on 3/21/2014This establishment is a unique getaway. There are not many Tea Rooms around that have the charm and sophistication that allows one to truly escape from the daily grind and just relax. Pasadena is losing a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Scarlett Tea RoomOLIHDined on 3/16/2014This is such a great tea room. It is one of the finest in Pasadena and is a great asset to the local community of Old Pasadena. I can't imagine the area without this great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here cause I heard goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014Came here cause I heard good things, called the day before confirm them serving Sunday brunch. I get there, the restaurant pushed our reservation time later without notification, said they would have a table for us in 10 minutes. Ended up giving our table indoors to a walk in customer. Had to wait another 10 minutes and ended up sitting outside in the heat with no awning so the leaves/bugs fell on us, food and into the tea and water. Got the menu and asked for the Sunday brunch menu, they said they weren't serving that because of the huge private party and the kitchen staff couldn't keep up. We got a rude server, said if you aren't happy go some place else. No apology, no compensation for anything, and bad servi. I was so disappointed.
- So sad they've lost their lease!savorerVIPDined on 3/13/2014High tea in the afternoon is lovely here. I've been twice and planned to go again. But Rebekah, the hostess and main serve,r told us they will be closing at the end of the month and have no plans to reopen. It's a real shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tea ExperienceMarciDined on 3/8/2014Have always had a delightful time at the Scarlet Tea Room and so sorry that it is being forced to close. Do hope the owner finds a new location as this is a real gem and hate to see it go. One of our favorite places to go for a special occasion. The food is always delicious and the service excellent. Hoping this wonderful "spot for tea" will reopen soon.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJellyBeanDined on 3/7/2014Great place for tea or lunch. Unfortunately, they are closing down March 31, 2014 due to rent being doubled. Hopefully, they will reopen in a new location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteSandiDined on 3/2/2014This is one of my favorite Tea Rooms. Been going for about 5 years. Great Staff, Great Ambience and food is already right on. But I'm sorry to say that this great fine will not be there much longer. The property owner has decide that it doesn't fit in with the new look. What a big mistake. My family and friends will miss our special occasion we have at Christmas, baby shower, birthday, etc. We love you Scarlet Tea Room. You will be missed greatly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencePatriciaDined on 3/1/2014I have enjoyed the experience of the Scarlet Tea Room for many years with friends and family. Love the food,the service, and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Old TownKittyloverDined on 2/28/2014Was a wonderful little find. I wish I would have discovered them sooner! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The restaurant was very clean and, although 2/3 full, was not noisy. Karen, the owner, was exceptionally pleasant and I would come back just to talk with her again. This woman knows how to charm the customers! The tea, scones and sandwiches are all wonderful. I realized later they served burgers and the like. Since they looked quite substantial and tasty, I am interested in trying them next time (if I can pass up those wonderful scones!). This place does not disappoint, so please make an effort to come in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent Historical placeeeeeDined on 2/27/2014This a wonderful place that is magical. It holds so many wonderful memories for groups of women. I met my UCLA dormmates there after 20 years and we reminisced and had the best time. I also took my Phd cohort and my children there so they can experience tha magic. It was so great. We were so saddened to hear that they are closing. We only hope that they can open again in another place in Old Town. We love you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SORRY, THEIR DOORS ARE CLOSING!mickeyDined on 2/23/2014Unfortunately, the Scarlet Tea Room is closing as of March 31st. I think they are the best tea room in the city. I'll miss the beautiful decore and friendly staff as well as the good and interesting menu. I hope they will relocate somewhere in the city. Pasadena is losing one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarlet Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Scarlet Tea Room is consistently great. Been going there since it opened. Best tea food in SoCal, IMO. One notable difference to most tea places is that you get to choose your tea sandwiches. So everyone at the table will have exactly what they want. And every sandwich is to die for. Great for people who've come from out of town (they will be impressed and happy) or a special occasion, or if you just want great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service. While the serverKateDined on 2/21/2014Poor service. While the server was friendly she never checked back to see if we needed anything. We ordered 5 course tea and were there for almost 2 hours without having anyone stop by to refill our water. I had to go to the hostess to get the check because we never saw our waitress. Food was alright but nothing special. Would not recommend. There are other better places for tea in Pasadena.
- Poor Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2014I decided to bring my friend here because I got a deal for 2 from living social. The staff took a long time to seat us even though they were not busy. Before ordering, I told the server that I was going to use a deal- he seemed a bit annoyed but proceeded to tell us what we could and could not order. The teas came out fairly quickly after we ordered; however, the food took about 40 minutes. During that time, the server did not come to check on us. By the time the food came out, we were already full from all the tea that we drank; thus, we had a lot of leftover sandwiches. Again, the server helped out all the other tables and ignored us. We practically had to flag the server to come give us our check and some boxes. Service was horrible!Special Features:
- Quality Afternoon TeaPasadenaDinerDined on 2/16/2014This is an elegant, and not pretentious venue for an afternoon tea. The place is pleasant and the food items are delicious and well presented. Comparable to the afternoon tea at the nearby Langham Huntington hotel, perhaps the ambiance is a bit less impressive, but the place is a lot less expensive. It also has more extended hours/days than the Huntington.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine'sLuv4boysDined on 2/15/2014Had a wonderful experience. Staff was warm, friendly, and accommodating. Ambience was very romantic. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It felt like a spa day - RELAXING!Kel30Dined on 2/15/2014I had the 5 Course Tea Service with 3 generations, my Mother and 3 year old Niece. The food is absolutely delicious! Our server was so gracious and thoughtful as we taught my Niece how to have tea with the Ladies. She loved the food! As we entered the room, I heard a familiar song being played on the White Baby Grand Piano. I am a Singer, so I began to sing along softly and the Pianist caught my eye. He then played a few more songs that I would recognize and I hummed quietly along with him. In summary, the pace is whatever you need: fast or slow. We took our time and savored each bite and sip of our tea. We enjoyed the music and the atmosphere. I left feeling like I was at a spa all day, relaxed and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was very classyMrsBDined on 2/15/2014The atmosphere was very classy and elegant. The service was good. The food was good, but didn't "wow" me. I felt that it was more of a restaurant than a "tea room". I felt the pricing was a little more than I would have liked to pay. Overall, I enjoyed myself there, however, I probably would not recommend this place to my friends and family who enjoy frequenting tea rooms. i can't say that I had a bad experience, I have just had better elsewhere...Special Features:
- Nice place and good food, but . . .PDubDined on 2/14/2014Great service, food was enjoyable, and the jazz music was terrific. But for the chairs very uncomfortable! The fact that the seats were collapsing in the middle vastly detracted from the experience. Everyone in the party started having back pain.
- Perfect for Valentine's DayJudyDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was very intimate and romantic. Our table was decorated with rose petals. The menu had coconut shrimp for an appetizer followed by a salad and our entree of jumbo scallops served over red beet mashed potatoes. We enjoyed a bottle of champagne, and we ended with red velvet macaroons and a chocolate dipped strawberry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's day specialDhonDined on 2/14/2014Great place. Good ambiance. Seemed a tad pricey but well worth it for the valentine's day special and the herbal tea was amazing. Food service was a bit slow but alright for am extended dinner. They had some nice jazz music and a singer too which was great, but we were seated near the speakers so it was a tad too loud. Overall really great, fun, interesting and new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & EasyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We went for tea on Valentines day and we were rewarded with great service and good choices of two tea menus. The scones were excellent, sandwiches very fresh with a wide variety to choose from, and lemon curd was not gluey! Dessert could have been a tad better but I won't complain. Overall, a good experience. Sure wish Pasadena had some free parking for businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014This place is now closed and I can tell you there are other tea rooms that exceed this place with lower prices.Special Features:
- Why bother!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/20142 items on the sparse lunch menu were unavailable: quiche and fries! Was this the menu of items they have or items they don't have? Even though there were only 6 other (3 tables of 2) diners in the room, meal service was delivered 37 minutes after our order was placed! How long does it take to serve a salad and a burger - we think the cordial server forgot to place the order!
- Always a great experience!PIGIRLDined on 2/4/2014Just recently my sister and I decided to have tea at Scarlett so we could catch up since we hadn't seen each other in awhile. We were both so happy to agree on this place. Every time we visit, we always have such an awesome time. In December I was there with some friends, and in January I was back with family. We always have the same waitress, and all I could say to describe her is that she is awesome!!! I'm so sorry I didn't see her name, nor did I ask, but she is always very attentive, and has such an energetic personalty. My sister and I were able to catch up, enjoy the awesome Lychee mimosas, cinnamon scones, delicious finger sandwiches, dessert, and tea without feeling like we had to rush and finish up. My favorite go to tea house!Special Features:
- Tea TimeABCDDined on 1/30/2014It was great service. food was pretty good- not excellent but fun. typically hosts a more older crowd- not exactly a hot spot for young people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was better the last time.teapepsDined on 1/28/2014I have been to this establishment several times. The food and the environment has always been pleasing in the past. This time, the bread was dry. The music was nice but a little loud. The service was poor and it was not very busy. I had indicated that I wanted more water for my tea for quite a long time. I actually move the tea pot in two different places before signalling the server. It is a fun and lovely place to enjoy a bit of tea with friends. I will come back again but if I have another experience like this one it will probably the last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for high tea. SandwichesClaireDined on 1/14/2014Great for high tea. Sandwiches were delicious as was sconesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking in all that RedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Food portions for tea were minimal No choices of scones...pumpkin scone with lemon curd? really Did not provide enough desserts for all in the party on tea tray Never offered to pour tea and never checked to see if we needed more hot water. Not a great tea experience. Decorations for Christmas tacky with the environment.Special Features:
- Little. GemCmlattigDined on 1/3/2014Very lovely decor, food was good, service a bit off. They forgot our tea... Finally came after food. But, I would go again as I think this was a bit of a fluke.Special Features:
- Lovelyslc2Dined on 1/3/2014We go for the holidays. The decor is fun, full of bling and unique. Tea sandwiches are yummy. Lots of tea choices. Great scones. Dessert was beautifully presented, but the weakest course. The only real downside is the tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDeenDined on 1/2/2014Our waitress was nice...we just never saw her. Our food was good but it took an hour to get two sandwiches and another 45 minutes to get a Very simple dessert. Everyone around us who ordered the full tea was served well before us even though they arrived well after us. And somehow, the sandwiches were $7 on the menu and then transformed to $13 each on our bill - I would not go back.
- Wonderful timeTea45Dined on 12/26/2013It was a great setting for us to gather with friends and catch up.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableMonicaDined on 12/21/2013I took my friend for her birthday and we had a great time. The food was very good. We thought it may not be enough, but it was just right. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Another Great Open Table Find!TeaSnobVIPDined on 12/15/2013In Pasadena to visit a museum, and wanted lunch. We live an hour away, so not overly familiar with local restaurants. Open Table to the rescue - Loved this restaurant! The 5 course tea was wonderful, the staff friendly, and the decor was lovely - lots of scarlet & crystal chandeliers. My only complaint was they removed the plates a bit fast - I wanted to finish off the pomegranate seeds on the plate; they were a delicious addition to the scone on top of the clotted cream. Many tea sandwich choices. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAngelcakesDined on 12/14/2013My girlfriends and I had been given the idea of this tea room as a recommendation. We were not disappointed! There was a large choice of menu items as well as teas. The service was friendly and accommodating. The prices were very reasonable, and the food was delicious! We had a relaxing tea while listening to a gentleman play the piano. We are three harried moms, but we weren't that afternoon. That day we were three ladies with all the time in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual Christmas TeaPIGIRLDined on 12/10/2013Even though there are many tea rooms that we have yet to explore, this tea room is special. We chose the 5 Course Scarlett Tea. The scones are freshly made and still served with lemon curd. Each person gets to choose their own tea, and 4 kinds of sandwiches. My 4 picks were chicken tahini and pine nuts, olive walnut tapenade and roasted red pepper, green apples with kasseri and walnuts, and brie with walnuts and watercress. All delicious! Also included, scarlet sorbet with fresh mint, petit desserts, and a fresh berry romanoff. In addition, and charged separately, we had their almond champagne. Such a great compliment. The service was awesome and they didn't hurry us out. Lovely time with friends and the enjoyment of the Christmas season.Special Features: