250 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scarlattonyc.com/
- Phone: 2127304535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Fireplace, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Scarlatto
Great Roman classic dishes with accents of Tuscan fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarlatto reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (23)good for groups (23)special occasion (23)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Theater crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Go before or after the theater crowd after 7:30 the restaurant becomes less crowded
- Scarlatto lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Disappointed that the menu did not include a pre-theater option as was advertised. Also did not seem to offer a separate lunch menu from dinner so lunch was a bit more expensive than anticipated. My entree, although tasted good, was not served hot enough.
- What happened to Scarlatto?laura8VIPDined on 9/16/2014We used to eat at Scarlatto a lot, so when our theateer tickets were nearby, we went again. What a disappointment. The menu has changed, the faces have changed--and the food is down a notch or two. Are they under new management? I think so--and not to the better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful, moderately priced, theater area restaurant. The prie fix dinner menu has some nice choices.Special Features:
- After a matinee gemStellaDined on 9/14/2014Returned to Scarlatto's after taking in a Sunday matinee. This restaurant is a gem!!! Perfect location & delicious Italian food. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair serviceNancyBDined on 9/12/2014Waiter had an attitude and was not willing to accommodate some very simple changes. Too many other places nearby to try in the area with much more pleasant wait staff. Said there was a new chef and he didn't want to "bother" with anything different on the menu. FYI- I asked for romaine lettuce tomato and onion salad-difficult right? 2nd request was to have a separate liquor bill since only a fee of us in our party if 6 drank and they would not do it. Another very difficult request!!
- Great pre-theater optionThincerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great value and tasty food delivered in a friendly environment with attentive staff. A gem for the Times Square Broadway show areaSpecial Features:
- Perfect New York DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014We went into the city to see an Wednesday matinee. I had read many restaurant reviews of the Theater area for lunch before the show. Scarlatto's kept coming up with great reviews. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive and friendly. I told the waiter we had a show to get to so the meal came out timely without a rushed feeling. The food was delicious and the dessert a real treat. Definitely will recommend as well as return the next time we're in the city.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousness!MellsVIPDined on 9/9/2014Enjoyed a lovely pre theater meal at Scarlatto. The octopus salad was divine, the suggested wine wad excellent and my chicken entree was delicious. I would recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to Dine Before a ShowArt6288Dined on 9/6/2014My date and I were here for dinner before seeing a show on a Saturday night. The service was cheerful, prompt and attentive, and the food was well prepared with generous portions. It was a good value relative to the location. If my date could have taken her leftovers to the theater, we might both have continued our enjoyment of the food during intermission! If you are staying in or near Times Square or seeing a Broadway show, this restaurant is situated within a reasonable walking distance of both. It's quite close to the theaters. We would certainly return here and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Broadway Bound EatsGourmegDined on 9/6/2014If you like Italian food Scarletto has a menu full of many Italian dish favorites. They also have dinner specials and a $30.00 three course pre fixed dinner. Good ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodsisDined on 9/6/2014Been here several times and are never disappointed! Many choices on the menu, nice portions, delicious and fair prices. The wait staff could not have been nicer or more attentive. It was a special occasion and everyone was pleased.Special Features:
- Former favoriteBrklyn2014Dined on 9/5/2014Scarlatto has been a family favorite for years. We would celebrate birthdays with a show and a pre-theater dinner at Scarlatto. However, last week's meal experience was very disappointing. The food was unremarkable and the servers was rude and unrefined. The bus boys rammed into our seats multiple times, turned to flash us dirty looks, and insulted us "under their breath", however audible enough to us. We were automatically charged 18%gratuity, and when we did not add any additional tip, the waiter and servers were upset and brusk. This is sad as we have been loyal fans for many years, having a special feeling for this place, and we will no longer return.Special Features:
- Good Choice for Before TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014We have been here many times and you can always count on a good meal here. The food is well prepared and tasty and fresh. Expect pretty traditional Italian cuisine. Service is reliable and attentive. Very solid fare and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was not at good as the pastmgs7540VIPDined on 8/31/2014I was totally disappointed in the menu and the choices available. Not up to their usual standards.Special Features:
- ScarlattosJacquelineDined on 8/31/2014We went to Scarlatto's, a restaurant we have been to many times before, expecting to have their wonderful brunch menu, but alas, on Sundays, when you would expect the brunch menu to be in effect, it was not. Thus the restaurant was empty. We were only one of two tables that were used for the 1 1/2 hours (12-1:30) that we were there. I think it would be wise for the management to include their brunch menu on Sundays. I know I would not go back on a Sunday again there for brunch.Special Features:
- MOST ENJOYABLE!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014The food was reasonably priced and delicious! One of us had Italian fare and the other an incredible burger ... made with traditional chop meat AND brisket AND short ribs. Man next to me said, "That's what I'm getting next time!" There will be many 'next times' for us too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulSnowDined on 8/29/2014Scarlatto was a wonderful find in the theatre district. Fabulous food, great service &terrific atmosphere. It is perfect before seeing a show or when you want to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014A very pleasant experience. We were there at a time when it was very quiet. Food was good, service satifactory, ambience pleasing.Special Features:
- Terrible service!MichaelDined on 8/20/2014Food was great. Service was terrible and then the waiter demanded a higher tip as we were leaving.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2014Pleasant evening. Service was terrific. Food was tasty and reasonably priced. Nothing outstanding, however, good for pre-theater dining.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Stale bread, corked wine and marginal food. Not a great experience
- Delicious foodshellsbellesDined on 8/15/2014My Favorite restaurant with delicious food where we meet up with friends at bar before or after broadway shows.Special Features:
- Just ehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Noisy, not clean, food was not even average. Close to theater district or it would be out of business
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We ordered calamari/zucchini as an appetizer. Got it just as dinner was being served. No apology from wait staff eitherSpecial Features:
- Good spot before a show!MothersdaydinnerDined on 8/2/2014I booked a reservation here to eat dinner before our broadway show last Saturday. They had a lot of good options om the menu for food choices. We ordered crab cakes as- an appetizer and they were very good. The minestrone soup was wonderful with a lemony hint in the broth. It was delicious. The entrees were a good variety from seafood, poultry, beef, and pork along with many pasta choices. The wines are all Italian and the waiter helped us select one for dinner. Our only concern was our tight schedule to get to the show but we made it on time. Reservations should be made if you intend to eat dinner here beforehand because it was crowded. Our theater was close by so it worked out perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC foodtheatertreker14Dined on 7/31/2014Food was good, service was attentive and knowledgeable. Could increase the dessert list, very limited. Menu was extensive enough to not be overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bunny1Dined on 7/29/2014The food was excellent as was the service! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Bad ServiceKay11Dined on 7/27/2014I had the pumpkin and ricotta ravioli and it was absolutely amazing. I also had the chance to try some of my friend's chicken parm since it was easily enough to feed 2 people. It was delicious, but pricey and really too much food. While the food was great the service was disappointing. We went at 8 and the restaurant only had about 7 other tables and 4 waiters and yet it seemed to take forever to get our waters refilled, and we sat for almost 15 minutes with the check clearly ready as waiters walked by and didn't even glance at us until I finally flagged one down. I defintely recommend it for the food, but if you're in a rush or want a lively server this is not the right place.Special Features:
- Great Little SpotGinzoDined on 7/26/2014Great little spot in Time's Square. The food is good and reasonably priced especially given the location. It would be good for before the theater or any time, really. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food great- disappointing serviceJeffDined on 7/24/2014This was our 4th time there and 1st time we were disappointed with service. Food was great as usual. But we had a female waitress with dark hair, who spoke too softly to be heard and was not friendly. We took business clients there and even they commented how disinterested she seemed. We had to seek her out when we needed something and she seemed annoyed when we asked her. Never offered to bring refresher of drinks. Will be back but will ask not to have her again as our waitress, especially if we are there with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelaineDined on 7/22/2014I went to celebrate my 17th birthday with my dad before seeing a Broadway show. I had the pre-fix menu which consisted of pea soup, gnocchi, and panna cotta. It might just be the best food I've had. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find in the west sideGoodchoiceDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant doorway is not becoming but the restaurant inside is so graciously done in vibrant colors and nice pictures on the wall. However both the food and the service outdid this. The Prix-fix menu was good and I will try the rgular menu next time. A must for theater goers or those who want good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conveient, Cozy and ComfortableLunchmuncherDined on 7/17/2014Very close to center of Theatre District, pleasant staff and surroundings. Service timely and friendly. The food is well prepared and colorfully presented. Recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Pre-TheaterTheHoneyDined on 7/17/2014Great service, good food, great place, great decor. Thank you. Will be back.Special Features:
- A warm, friendly restaurant!wine4lifeDined on 7/12/2014Found this wonderful, little Italian place for my friend and I on the internet and we were not disappointed! Mario was a wonderful waiter and we made friends at the tables next to us. What a great meal and wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I organized a Bachelorette dinner party for a friend and we picked Scarlatto. The service was great and the food was delicious. It had the perfect atmosphere for the party and we were not rushed. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Lunch was excellent. Service could not have been better. A real find for matinee theatre goersSpecial Features:
- ScarlattoJacquelineDined on 7/9/2014I have been to the restaurant before and have always been pleased. Food, service and ambience are excellent and well situated for theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater reviewjakeDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I were visiting NYC and ate here at 6pm, prior to an 8pm show and had no issue or problems. I think we were in and out in about 50 minutes and that included an appetizer. We felt the food was excellent and reasonably priced with large portions for at least what we ordered. It was a little loud, but seemed to be more the excitement of people going to a show, and we saw it as a good energy, not obnoxiously loud. We have visited here previously about 5 years ago, and would go back again.