250 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scarlattonyc.com/
- Phone: 2127304535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Fireplace, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Scarlatto
Great Roman classic dishes with accents of Tuscan fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarlatto reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (25)great for lunch (23)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014A very pleasant experience. We were there at a time when it was very quiet. Food was good, service satifactory, ambience pleasing.Special Features:
- Terrible service!MichaelDined on 8/20/2014Food was great. Service was terrible and then the waiter demanded a higher tip as we were leaving.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2014Pleasant evening. Service was terrific. Food was tasty and reasonably priced. Nothing outstanding, however, good for pre-theater dining.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Stale bread, corked wine and marginal food. Not a great experience
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014My Favorite restaurant with delicious food where we meet up with friends at bar before or after broadway shows.Special Features:
- Just ehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Noisy, not clean, food was not even average. Close to theater district or it would be out of business
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We ordered calamari/zucchini as an appetizer. Got it just as dinner was being served. No apology from wait staff eitherSpecial Features:
- Good spot before a show!MothersdaydinnerDined on 8/2/2014I booked a reservation here to eat dinner before our broadway show last Saturday. They had a lot of good options om the menu for food choices. We ordered crab cakes as- an appetizer and they were very good. The minestrone soup was wonderful with a lemony hint in the broth. It was delicious. The entrees were a good variety from seafood, poultry, beef, and pork along with many pasta choices. The wines are all Italian and the waiter helped us select one for dinner. Our only concern was our tight schedule to get to the show but we made it on time. Reservations should be made if you intend to eat dinner here beforehand because it was crowded. Our theater was close by so it worked out perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC foodtheatertreker14Dined on 7/31/2014Food was good, service was attentive and knowledgeable. Could increase the dessert list, very limited. Menu was extensive enough to not be overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bunny1Dined on 7/29/2014The food was excellent as was the service! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Bad ServiceKay11Dined on 7/27/2014I had the pumpkin and ricotta ravioli and it was absolutely amazing. I also had the chance to try some of my friend's chicken parm since it was easily enough to feed 2 people. It was delicious, but pricey and really too much food. While the food was great the service was disappointing. We went at 8 and the restaurant only had about 7 other tables and 4 waiters and yet it seemed to take forever to get our waters refilled, and we sat for almost 15 minutes with the check clearly ready as waiters walked by and didn't even glance at us until I finally flagged one down. I defintely recommend it for the food, but if you're in a rush or want a lively server this is not the right place.Special Features:
- Great Little SpotGinzoDined on 7/26/2014Great little spot in Time's Square. The food is good and reasonably priced especially given the location. It would be good for before the theater or any time, really. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food great- disappointing serviceJeffDined on 7/24/2014This was our 4th time there and 1st time we were disappointed with service. Food was great as usual. But we had a female waitress with dark hair, who spoke too softly to be heard and was not friendly. We took business clients there and even they commented how disinterested she seemed. We had to seek her out when we needed something and she seemed annoyed when we asked her. Never offered to bring refresher of drinks. Will be back but will ask not to have her again as our waitress, especially if we are there with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelaineDined on 7/22/2014I went to celebrate my 17th birthday with my dad before seeing a Broadway show. I had the pre-fix menu which consisted of pea soup, gnocchi, and panna cotta. It might just be the best food I've had. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find in the west sideGoodchoiceDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant doorway is not becoming but the restaurant inside is so graciously done in vibrant colors and nice pictures on the wall. However both the food and the service outdid this. The Prix-fix menu was good and I will try the rgular menu next time. A must for theater goers or those who want good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conveient, Cozy and ComfortableLunchmuncherDined on 7/17/2014Very close to center of Theatre District, pleasant staff and surroundings. Service timely and friendly. The food is well prepared and colorfully presented. Recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Pre-TheaterTheHoneyDined on 7/17/2014Great service, good food, great place, great decor. Thank you. Will be back.Special Features:
- A warm, friendly restaurant!wine4lifeDined on 7/12/2014Found this wonderful, little Italian place for my friend and I on the internet and we were not disappointed! Mario was a wonderful waiter and we made friends at the tables next to us. What a great meal and wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I organized a Bachelorette dinner party for a friend and we picked Scarlatto. The service was great and the food was delicious. It had the perfect atmosphere for the party and we were not rushed. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Lunch was excellent. Service could not have been better. A real find for matinee theatre goersSpecial Features:
- ScarlattoJacquelineDined on 7/9/2014I have been to the restaurant before and have always been pleased. Food, service and ambience are excellent and well situated for theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater reviewjakeDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I were visiting NYC and ate here at 6pm, prior to an 8pm show and had no issue or problems. I think we were in and out in about 50 minutes and that included an appetizer. We felt the food was excellent and reasonably priced with large portions for at least what we ordered. It was a little loud, but seemed to be more the excitement of people going to a show, and we saw it as a good energy, not obnoxiously loud. We have visited here previously about 5 years ago, and would go back again.
- Tasty ItalianBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Often eat at Scarlatta's before the theater. It's always dependable and has a good prix fixe pre-theater menu. Had the mussels -- broth was delicious. Ordered the grilled Branzina filet with broccoli rabe and fingerlings. Cooked just right. Accompanied this with a glass of Gavi and panne cotta for dessert. Very good meal. Oh, and our server was lovely. All in all, a good meal and experience.Special Features:
- Midtown MarvelMiaJosieDined on 7/4/2014This is the perfect pre-theatre restaurant. The service is terrific, the atmosphere is pleasant and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY VisitorJbgurnDined on 6/28/2014I wanted to go to Scarlatto because it was close to where we were staying and "looked" like a nice place for dinner. We had reservation for 7:30 and showed up a few minutes early. The hostess was soo busy she didn't know what was going on. We finally were seated and the waiter came over and wanted to get us out of the way. Well......we finally got out drinks....ordered dinner....and that was the last time we saw out waiter until we had to ask 2 people to find him and get us out checks RESULT??????....don't waste your time on Scarlatto, food was "just ok".....but the services was just horrible
- Perfect pre-theater dining.LuvNYCVIPDined on 6/28/2014Scarlatto is a great place to go before the theater. Every table is filled by six and everyone is out by 7:30. Their pre-theater menu was perfect. Small salad, Bronzino on spinach with fingerling potatoes and a delicious Italian ice cream cake for dessert. Dress is casual everywhere. No matter what your wearing you are welcomed at any restaurant or theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for food and wineCK1102Dined on 6/28/2014We went for dinner after a matinee performance. We were seated right away (5:30 reservation) and the service and the food were good. It was a bit rushed though, the food came out VERY quickly, in fact a bit too fast. It felt a little like a game of how fast can we get everyone in and out. But, the food and wine were good and we were in and out within an hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarlatto's dinnerEstelleDined on 6/25/2014Food was delicious. Waiters were great and service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable!MariaprodsDined on 6/25/2014the food at Scarlatto is reliable and service prompt and cheerful! Great spot for pre-Theatre dinner including the Prix Fixe Dinner if your up for a generous portions of food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theateotolithsonNCDinerDined on 6/25/2014Had matinee theater tickets. Our reservation was for noon but we got there at 12:30. Our waiter made sure we got out at 1:25 so I could go to will call window in time. Even though every table was full. We had the price fix-- great value, tasty food. Had a Caesar and the chicken. Definitely did the trick. I'd do it again next time Im going to a show closeby. Even for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood placeKeithDined on 6/15/2014Went here for Fathers Day. The food was excellent but the service could use some improvement. There weren't a ton of people in the restaurant that night but with the slow service, you would think the place was getting overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Quality Service and DiningJackBDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is so convenient, right in the middle of the theater district and has reasonable prices. The food is excellent, fresh salad items and quality Italian entrees with homemade pasta. We love it for all the above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch - local ambiencecherluiVIPDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant has a lovely local ambience while in the midst of Times Square. Good food, low key atmosphere, good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Fine for pre theater or brunch Would recommend to friends for aboveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo disappointedDrmissannVIPDined on 6/10/2014I go to NYC theater very often and have for decades. I have eaten at most restaurants in the area, who know how to deliver food in a timely fashion so we are on time for show. The waiter was very rude and dismissive. First, he poured wine that was clearly old/sour. WHen asked to give newer wine, he was very obnoxious about it (and most restaurants at that point would have comped the wine to apologize). the food was mediocre and when he offered dessert, was unpleasant when we changed our mind...although there was clearly still plenty of time. We chose this place becaus it was right across the street from the theater. When we exited the restaurant, he pointedly did not bid us goodbye or thank us.
- Nice quiet Times Square brunchFleaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Easy breezy brunch. Great food and quick service. Ideal for pre-theatre.Special Features:
- Bad Bolognese, rushed serviceshopgirl24VIPDined on 6/7/2014Very rushed service, it got annoying. As soon as I put down my fork, a waiter came rushing over to take my plate. My entree came out within 5 minutes of finishing my appetizer. The pasta bolognese was terrible, all I tasted was salt. I told the waiter and he offered to give me something else, but I just was turned off by being rushed, I wanted to leave, and of course they didn't take the pasta off my bill- lame.... Won't be going back....
- impeccable serviceCBZelDined on 6/6/2014Dined prior to the theatre...attentive service, good wines, great food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodBenshellDined on 6/6/2014Very tasty food. Excellent for lunch. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Broadway eateryTerryDined on 6/5/2014Food, service and price very good. Have a nice meal in nice atmosphere at reasonable Broadway eaterySpecial Features: