250 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scarlattonyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 730-4535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Fireplace, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Scarlatto
Great Roman classic dishes with accents of Tuscan fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarlatto reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (34)special occasion (28)romantic (26)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (17)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We like to go to Scarlatto before the theater.ClemieDined on 11/20/2014It is convenient, being right in the theater district. Across the street is an icon garage for which you can get a $25 coupon. The food is Italian, and there are several dishes which do not have an Italian influence. All-in-all, Scarlatto is a great place even if you're not going to the theater. You can see that they are aware of where they're located. They make sure you are served promptly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 11/18/2014When I checked in (early), the restaurant was not crowded yet, but the Maitre d' sat me at a table right by the kitchen. My husband came shortly after me and was seated at a different table. Apparently he was confused by 2 parties with similar last names, but we kept saying we booked on Open Table and can show you the reservation. Didn't make much sense. Service was good, but I was seated by myself for about 20 minutes and never served anything but water. Can't you give a person bread? They were also in a big hurry to clear the table- i was putting on my coat and my purse was on the table, and the busboy was shooing me away. He couldn't wait 2 minutes for us to leave? The table next to ours was cleared and a new party was seated, while the original party wasn't finished and just got up to go to the ladies room- her coat was still there. Food was good and i like the menu. I may recommend to a friend.
- ConsistentPeterpanVIPDined on 11/18/2014So nice to know that Scarlatto is convenient, consistently good and welcoming. Have been dining there for years and will continue to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- guy11976VIPDined on 11/16/2014Scarlatto was a great place to eat before a play, especially a few blocks away. I suggest overseeing that you get credit upon arriving. The food was great and the service was professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScarlattoFoodjunkieDined on 11/15/2014I started with the pumpkin ravioli which was tasty. The crispy sage in with the butter sauce was prepared well. My chicken parm was one thick piece of chicken with sauce and cheese on top. It should have been pounded thin before frying. The marinara sauce on my pasta was just cubed tomatoes. .It had no taste.The chef (I use the term chef loosely) more of a cook and needs to step up his game or be replaced.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 11/8/2014Nice restaurant to have lunch or dinner when in the theatre district. Good prices, good food and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindMllenDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant never disappoints. I have been here a few times. The pasta is fantastic, caesar salad very good, service excellent, nice atmosphere. The coconut cream pie was unbelievably fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice prix fixseasidegalfromnj2Dined on 11/5/2014Had never been to Scarlatto and we arrived early and were immediately seated. They had a delicious Tuscan wine for $12 per glass which was lovely. The prix fix at $29.95 offered a nice selection and both my friend and I had the branzino over broccoli rabe, with fingerling potatoes. The butternut squash soup to start was delightful and quite a large serving. The branzino was mild and the broccoli rabe delightfully seasoned with garlic and oil. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- salivary glands delightbevcowVIPDined on 11/5/2014food was excellent. wine delightful. but service was mediocre. we felt rushed by the water to take our orders, even though we informed him that we were not rushed for time for curtain call. he kept making these exasperated looks with his eyes if we asked for something like olive oil on the table. but - don't let our bad experience deter you from enjoying the wonderful food and ambience.Special Features:
- Disappointingmgs7540VIPDined on 11/5/2014The food is not inspired and disappointing. I found the chicken breat greasy.Special Features:
- We cleaned our platesAnonymousVIPDined on 11/3/2014Another excellent Scalatto meal, pre-theater, with gracious service. We had veal and lamb. Appetizers were excellent, also: soup du jour and prosciutto melon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How Can You Ruin Risotto!!TheFoodSnobDined on 11/2/2014Well apparently you can. I had one of their specials Chicken/Artichokes (canned type)/and underdone risotto. While the Ambiance is adequate we had just returned from a Broadway show, cold and hungry. The (3) of us were hoping for what was reviewed as a 4**** on Open Table, to sit and enjoy a well cooked Italian meal. Sorry to say it was anything but that. One of us had "homemade Raviolli" half were missing the filling, one of us had Bolognese Sauce which was nothing to write home about. Overall would not recommend. Oh the bread...NYC the best place in the east to get crusty Italian bread.....not here...go elsewhere.
- Secret FindMllenDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant is underrated. The pasta dishes were fantastic and wine choices very good. The caesar salad was also really good. I have been here twice and it superseded expectations.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great PricesTidesisfineDined on 11/1/2014We ate here for our pre-theatre dinner. The service was great and the food was delicious. We totally enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.LuvgreatmealsDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and service. I enjoyed it so much I wanted to go back. The manager and wait staff were very attentive and polite. The food was excellent from starter to dessert. Prices were very reasonable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner and theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014great pre theater dinner with fixed price menu choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre theater dinnerBmorefoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had dinner before a show here. I generally have low expectations of restaurants in Times Square/theater district but we were pleasantly surprised. Very attentive service and I thought our food was excellent! The pasta portions were generous and could probably be shared along with an app or salad. We also had dessert and those portions were giant. Definitely a shareable size. For the price I thought the quality, service and portion sizes were worth it considering most restaurants nearby are overpriced for mediocre food. Will definitely return next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SdsbjVIPDined on 10/28/2014Hostess first tried to seat us at a table which was under an eave. When I refused, she took me upstairs. Hostess had a bit of an attitude. Upstairs was Quieter but not terribly attractive. Service was very good. Food was okay.
- good food - not so much serviceHomecookingVIPDined on 10/28/2014had pumpkin ravioli and coconut cream pie which were both outstanding. However had meatball for appetizer which was billed as "kobe beef" and it was awful! sauce was bad and meat was not tasty. service was bad - they brought over our check without even asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. there are tons of great restaurants in the area - find another. also luckily we were upstairs because downstairs is too crowded and noisy.
- Excellent Food!1stNYCtripDined on 10/27/2014The calamari and fried zuchini app was big! A lot for 2 people but was amazing! Great to get your money's worth! Then, I had the fettuccine and bolognese! It was amazing and you could tell the pasta was homemade because it was so thin! My partner had the brisket burger! Fabulous! Excellent food and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-Theatre dinnerSaraDined on 10/24/2014Lovely place, excellent service and great food. We met friends at a great quiet table so we could catch up and were all very pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- Rush to Serve UsSALPDined on 10/24/2014Upon our arrival we were greeted by a friendly hostess who immediately seated us. Our waitress brought or menu's and took or drink order. When she returned with our drinks she asked if we were ready to order...probably 3 minutes had passed...we said we needed more time...a few minutes she returned again asking if we were ready to order..again we said we needed more time.....she did the exact same thing to the couple seated right next to us....when we did order the food was promptly served with little time between courses. The food was outstanding....the service was rushed...probably a nightly occurance for the dinner crown before the 8:00 pm shows on Broadway.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertRobertDined on 10/24/2014The food was good-and three of the patrons enjoyed the egg plant parmesian. The butternut squash soup was the minestrone was quite good .However, the service was uneven. Not all of the food cam at the same time. Although I must admit that matre de was most accommodating. We have been to Scarlatto in the past, and will come back again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/22/2014although my entrée was quite good, the bread was very stale. When I asked for fresh bread, was told that it could be warmed up in the oven. I asked for it to be replaced, and received another basket of stale bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- abcdVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very convenient to theaters. Excellent food and very reasonable prices for NYC. We're happy to have found it and will return. It is noisy until the theater crowd departs.
- Never disappointedtheLouDined on 10/20/2014We often visit Scatlatto when in NY. I love the atmosphere and the food is consistently good. It's a decent value for a nice restaurant so near Times Square. Have recommended it several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!Broadwaymavins65Dined on 10/19/2014This Sunday was the second time we've dined at Scarlatto and it was just as good as we remembered. The service was superb, the food was delicious and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. All in all, a wonderfully pleasant dining experience! We highly recommend Scarlatto!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were 3 couples getting together for our twice yearly reunion. We have known each other close to 60 years and have shared many happy occasions. The fellas were ushers at each others weddings. The food was good, the service was the right tempo for people who wanted to "catch up" and no one rushed us out after nearly 3 hours.Special Features:
- just average meals.eosccVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have eaten at Scarlotto many times over the past few years. I have felt, over the past few visits, that the food is not as good as it used to be. There are many other places close to Scarlotto that are at least as good if not better, in the same price range.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre- or Post show GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Located close to Broadway theaters, Scarlatto is ideal for the theatergoer. Food is very good, especially the funghi pasta and salmon eggs benedict. Service is prompt, efficient and professional. At busy times, vibrant and noisy, but not disturbing. Prices moderate considering location. Good wine list. Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- TheDaneDined on 10/15/2014PERFECT FOR MEETING FRIENDS VISITING FROM OVERSEAS AND STILL MAKING THE MATINEESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissingnannieweyVIPDined on 10/15/2014My party missed the price fixed lunch. When did you discontinue it? Big mistake, quite a draw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable theatre district eaterybarbDined on 10/10/2014Scarlotto is extremely convenient for a pre-theatre dinner. The service is efficient and the room is very nice. There is a reasonably priced pre-fixe menu. The food is OK but nothing to write home about. Reservations are definitely needed.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Very good food, efficient service and great location for theater going.
- It's Italian "fast food"Shorelady45Dined on 10/9/2014Arrived at 6:15. In and out in 30 minutes. Didn't do pre-theater menu - ordered just pastas off of the main menu. Our pastas were brought to our table 2 minutes after ordering. I jokingly said "Wow, cooked to order". The response was that people wanted to get out to the theater (even though we were out by 6:45 and weren't going to see a play). They are just interested in turning the tables. Fettuccine Bolognese was fair. Tagliolini ai Funghi was OK. The Tagliolini pasta itself was good, but too many mushrooms (more mushrooms than pasta) and a little dry. Most of the food must be already prepared and pastas put into hot water to heat with the pre-made sauces scooped on. Perhaps the pre-theater menu would have been a better choice.
- Great pre theater restaurantlovetodineDined on 10/9/2014A beautiful, warmly welcoming restaurant, spacious and not crowded. Large, eclectic menu, offering good sized portions of tastily prepared food. The wait staff was competent and the service was good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for both pre theater or neighborhood dining.Special Features:
- great for pre- theaterJamieVIPDined on 10/8/2014My favorite part of the prix fixe was the dessert!! I am disappointed that they no longer have the white asparagus and parmesan cheese Appetizer. Ceasar salad was only fair and his time the veal was not as tender spinach great - carpaccio - fabulousSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Stopped recently for lunch before a theater matinee. The friendly staff is courteous and very attentive, and the food is outstanding. Have dined here before and never had a mediocre meal. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Had a great mealtough2pleasenewyorkerDined on 10/7/2014Tried Scarlatto before seeing Motown the other night and both were great ! The food and service. The salad was huge and my dinner of eggplant parm was yummy. My friend asked for sauce on the side and they brought him a more than ample portion we have already recommended Scalattp to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEricVIPDined on 10/7/2014If i lived in NYC, this would be a regular spot. Great food, ambiance and service.Special Features: