250 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scarlattonyc.com/
- Phone: 2127304535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Fireplace, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Scarlatto
Great Roman classic dishes with accents of Tuscan fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scarlatto reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (29)good for groups (26)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)romantic (16)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Reunion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were 3 couples getting together for our twice yearly reunion. We have known each other close to 60 years and have shared many happy occasions. The fellas were ushers at each others weddings. The food was good, the service was the right tempo for people who wanted to "catch up" and no one rushed us out after nearly 3 hours.Special Features:
- Pre- or Post show GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Located close to Broadway theaters, Scarlatto is ideal for the theatergoer. Food is very good, especially the funghi pasta and salmon eggs benedict. Service is prompt, efficient and professional. At busy times, vibrant and noisy, but not disturbing. Prices moderate considering location. Good wine list. Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- TheDaneDined on 10/15/2014PERFECT FOR MEETING FRIENDS VISITING FROM OVERSEAS AND STILL MAKING THE MATINEESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissingnannieweyDined on 10/15/2014My party missed the price fixed lunch. When did you discontinue it? Big mistake, quite a draw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable theatre district eaterybarbDined on 10/10/2014Scarlotto is extremely convenient for a pre-theatre dinner. The service is efficient and the room is very nice. There is a reasonably priced pre-fixe menu. The food is OK but nothing to write home about. Reservations are definitely needed.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Very good food, efficient service and great location for theater going.
- It's Italian "fast food"Shorelady45Dined on 10/9/2014Arrived at 6:15. In and out in 30 minutes. Didn't do pre-theater menu - ordered just pastas off of the main menu. Our pastas were brought to our table 2 minutes after ordering. I jokingly said "Wow, cooked to order". The response was that people wanted to get out to the theater (even though we were out by 6:45 and weren't going to see a play). They are just interested in turning the tables. Fettuccine Bolognese was fair. Tagliolini ai Funghi was OK. The Tagliolini pasta itself was good, but too many mushrooms (more mushrooms than pasta) and a little dry. Most of the food must be already prepared and pastas put into hot water to heat with the pre-made sauces scooped on. Perhaps the pre-theater menu would have been a better choice.
- Great pre theater restaurantlovetodineDined on 10/9/2014A beautiful, warmly welcoming restaurant, spacious and not crowded. Large, eclectic menu, offering good sized portions of tastily prepared food. The wait staff was competent and the service was good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for both pre theater or neighborhood dining.Special Features:
- great for pre- theaterJamieVIPDined on 10/8/2014My favorite part of the prix fixe was the dessert!! I am disappointed that they no longer have the white asparagus and parmesan cheese Appetizer. Ceasar salad was only fair and his time the veal was not as tender spinach great - carpaccio - fabulousSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Stopped recently for lunch before a theater matinee. The friendly staff is courteous and very attentive, and the food is outstanding. Have dined here before and never had a mediocre meal. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Had a great mealtough2pleasenewyorkerDined on 10/7/2014Tried Scarlatto before seeing Motown the other night and both were great ! The food and service. The salad was huge and my dinner of eggplant parm was yummy. My friend asked for sauce on the side and they brought him a more than ample portion we have already recommended Scalattp to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEricVIPDined on 10/7/2014If i lived in NYC, this would be a regular spot. Great food, ambiance and service.Special Features:
- great post-theater placePurduetteDined on 10/5/2014Went here for the second time with a group of 6 and wasn't disappointed at all. Food was great as was the service. We weren't rushed out once we finished eating. Great place for dinner after seeing a matinee show.Special Features:
- Perfect for Sunday 2pm ShowcakeisgreatDined on 10/5/2014Reserved Scarlattos because it was close to our 2 pm Sunday broadway show. It was quiet at noon and the food was delicious, especially liked the ceasar salad. Had mozzarella raviolis with asparagus and cream sauce. I didnt find much mozzarella, but the dish was still delicious. Really wanted to try the pumpkin spice raviolis. Was not hurried out. Servers were pleasant and checked on us at appropriate times. All in all, great place for a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater perfect startSophiesChoiceDined on 10/2/2014This was the perfect start to a lovely evening at the theater. The service was excellent, attentive and yet not intrusive. We were served promptly but never felt rushed. The food was excellent and the portions were just right. I love Italian food and was not disappointed. It was one block up from our theater and was worth the brief walk!Special Features:
- luv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/1/2014Food was delicious! Chicken parm with spinach instead of pasta and cesear salad!! Our waiter - Mario- was the BEST!!!!!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- poordisappointedDined on 10/1/2014table for 2 against a pillar in the middle of the restaurant was unacceptable so we ended up near the kitchen door where we heard the door open and closing for an hour and waiters banged into our chair at least 4 times. Waiters were pleasant and tried to be accommodating Food was not good at all
- theatre conveniencejebbieDined on 10/1/2014An attractive looking room but much too loud - could not have a conversation. Food is good and service is friendly and attentive. Best place to sit is at bar. Would think twice about going back.Special Features:
- Don't rush us!FoodiefinderVIPDined on 9/30/2014We went to Scarlatto pre-theatre and had plenty of time. WE WANTED TO ORDER AN APPETIZER (COLD), AND THE WAITER WAS CONVINCING US WE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR APPETIZERS. I told him to put in the orders for the entrees and whenever they came out would be fine, but to please bring the appetizer we requested. He relented and we got our appetizer, entrees, and even had time for my daughter-in-law to order ADDITIONAL entree, with time remaining for dessert, if we had wanted it. (Ironically, the waiter did ask us if we wanted dessert and coffee)I attend the theatre a lot,and always leave enough time if I schedule dinner. I appreciate what he was trying to do, but he shouldn't discourage a customer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food, very noisyEatpreshowDined on 9/30/2014Pre theatre need reservation, food okay, gets very noisy
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It has really good food at reasonable prices....good service..nice atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not short of Italian restaurantsDianeDined on 9/27/2014Times Square sure doesn't have a shortage of Italian Restaurants. Olive Garden has even thrown itself into the mix. Scarlatto had a lot of reviews on OpenTable and Yelp which made it an easy choice, especially after it's neighbor (with more reviews) didn't have much wiggle room in their reservations. Back to Scarlatto, great atmosphere, definitely a great place to hit up before or after a show. It's alcohol menu was much more extensive than it's food selection. Sometimes it's nice to have a limited menu (less decision making), but it still had many great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShowtimeRosieDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time there and will certainly go again when I am in the city. Bar was pleasant and helpful. Food was great and service was superb. Very pleasant experience all around. Also we were going to see a play and they got us out in plenty of time without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre perfectNewyorkchickVIPDined on 9/22/2014We picked this restaurant because it was right next to the theatre we were going to. We were very pleasantly surprised. The price fixe was very good and ample and reasonable at $30 for 3 courses. The waitstaff was nice and accommodating. We had too much time before the play started and they asked if we'd like them to hold off bringing dessert for a while. I had the Bronzino and Caesar salad and they were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobillVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were very late for our reservation and the restaurant held our table for an hour after we called because we were stuck in traffic. Our server knowing we had theater tickets made sure that our dinner arrived in a timely fashion. I think this an example of how they treat their patrons
- We Expected a Better ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere at Scarlatto was very noisy and crowded, and the food was just ok. We were really expecting a lot better, given the reviews we'd read on TripAdvisor.Special Features:
- Theater crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Go before or after the theater crowd after 7:30 the restaurant becomes less crowded
- Lunch at ScarlattoDDPsDined on 9/17/2014Great location, great service, great food, highly recommend for lunch or dinner if you are coming into the City for a Broadway show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarlatto lunchAR71Dined on 9/17/2014Disappointed that the menu did not include a pre-theater option as was advertised. Also did not seem to offer a separate lunch menu from dinner so lunch was a bit more expensive than anticipated. My entree, although tasted good, was not served hot enough.
- What happened to Scarlatto?laura8VIPDined on 9/16/2014We used to eat at Scarlatto a lot, so when our theateer tickets were nearby, we went again. What a disappointment. The menu has changed, the faces have changed--and the food is down a notch or two. Are they under new management? I think so--and not to the better.
- ItalianMavenDined on 9/16/2014Wonderful, moderately priced, theater area restaurant. The prie fix dinner menu has some nice choices.Special Features:
- After a matinee gemStellaDined on 9/14/2014Returned to Scarlatto's after taking in a Sunday matinee. This restaurant is a gem!!! Perfect location & delicious Italian food. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly loudRuseeVIPDined on 9/13/2014I went on Saturday night and was surprised how loud it was. The service was attentive, and the food, typical Italian. Still, a nice place (not on a Saturday, if you want to have a nice conversation.).
- Fair serviceNancyBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Waiter had an attitude and was not willing to accommodate some very simple changes. Too many other places nearby to try in the area with much more pleasant wait staff. Said there was a new chef and he didn't want to "bother" with anything different on the menu. FYI- I asked for romaine lettuce tomato and onion salad-difficult right? 2nd request was to have a separate liquor bill since only a fee of us in our party if 6 drank and they would not do it. Another very difficult request!!
- Great pre-theater optionThincerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great value and tasty food delivered in a friendly environment with attentive staff. A gem for the Times Square Broadway show areaSpecial Features:
- Perfect New York DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014We went into the city to see an Wednesday matinee. I had read many restaurant reviews of the Theater area for lunch before the show. Scarlatto's kept coming up with great reviews. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive and friendly. I told the waiter we had a show to get to so the meal came out timely without a rushed feeling. The food was delicious and the dessert a real treat. Definitely will recommend as well as return the next time we're in the city.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousness!MellsVIPDined on 9/9/2014Enjoyed a lovely pre theater meal at Scarlatto. The octopus salad was divine, the suggested wine wad excellent and my chicken entree was delicious. I would recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to Dine Before a ShowArt6288Dined on 9/6/2014My date and I were here for dinner before seeing a show on a Saturday night. The service was cheerful, prompt and attentive, and the food was well prepared with generous portions. It was a good value relative to the location. If my date could have taken her leftovers to the theater, we might both have continued our enjoyment of the food during intermission! If you are staying in or near Times Square or seeing a Broadway show, this restaurant is situated within a reasonable walking distance of both. It's quite close to the theaters. We would certainly return here and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Broadway Bound EatsGourmegDined on 9/6/2014If you like Italian food Scarletto has a menu full of many Italian dish favorites. They also have dinner specials and a $30.00 three course pre fixed dinner. Good ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodsisDined on 9/6/2014Been here several times and are never disappointed! Many choices on the menu, nice portions, delicious and fair prices. The wait staff could not have been nicer or more attentive. It was a special occasion and everyone was pleased.Special Features: