Scardino's Italian Restaurant
4803 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Scardino's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scardinositalian.com/
- Phone: 3105422222
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Closed Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact us directly for custom menu arrangements.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room is available for Private Parties and Meetings by reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Pauline Iorillo 3105422222
- Special Events: Celebrate Saturday & Sunday afternoons at Scardino's. Birthday Parties, Confirmations, Engagements, Baby & Bridal Showers, Retirement Parties. Contact Pauline for reservations.
A word from Scardino's Italian Restaurant
In a recent review The DAILY BREEZE wrote .... "There are some wonderful small restaurants that dot the landscape of Italy. If you want to duplicate the experience of traveling to Europe without the expense, visit Scardino's Italian Restaurant in Torrance." We are a family owned and operated ristorante much like one would find in the neighborhoods of any southern Italian city. Our authentic recipes originate from all southern provinces of the country. Our pasta, pizza and seafood is carefully prepared each day with the highest quality ingredients available, most imported from Italy. We also have an excellent selection of moderately priced Italian wines and fantastically delicious Tiramisu. The Iorillo Family - Phillip & Pauline along with daughters Tracy & Kristi - and their friendly, professional staff will pamper you with world-class service and Italian hospitality. Our intimate, warm Italian atmosphere makes Scardino's the perfect choice for entertaining your family & friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scardino's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food is great - so much selectionsHitomiVIPDined on 6/28/2013Food is great - so much selections and so is wine, so much to choose from. Most of all, their service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute best neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2013Absolute best neighborhood gem restaurant. Outstanding menu, delicious food, outstanding service, terrifiic family owned venue. Consistenly outstanding in all catagories. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2013My husband and I went to Scardino's for the first time this past weekend. (We did takeout a month prior and the food was so good we had to come to eat at the restaurant). It was just simply delish ! We had a bottle of "Remole" which was the perfect fit for our dinner. We started with the Prosciutto and the Parmigiana - loved it. We then ordered the Linguine Pescatore which was loaded with seafood..and the other dish was their special - forgot the name but it was Linguine with Scallops and Asparagus in a creamy Pesto Sauce. Fabulous !!!! And then the topper was the Tiramisu...We shared a piece and we ate it....all... So this being said - we will be back and hopefully our waitress Rebecca will be there too.. We will back soon !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in the South BayD123Dined on 6/14/2013Don't let the strip mall fool you, the food and service are excellent! The dining room is small and is always packed with people. Those arriving without a reservation were given an estimated wait time of 1 hour. Luckily, we had a reservation. We had the steamed mussels as appetizers, which they kindly prepared for us in a garlic, butter sauce instead of the tomato-based sauce on the menu. The sauce was so delicious, we dipped the garlic bread in it after we finished the muscles. The linguine pescatore is so delicious I crave it. The serving size is plentiful, and they do not skimp on the seafood (mussels, clams, calamari, shrimp and crab). My husband got the penne reggiano, and my son got penne with pesto sauce. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took us so long to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/13/2013What took us so long to try this wonderful Italian restaurant just a couple of miles from home? We will certainly make up for lost time now. Everything we tried was excellent, topped off by a very nice featured Barbera at a reasonable price. Our waiter is a very nice young man who happens to be the grandson of the owner and when we told him it was our first time, he treated us to a delicious cannoli for dessert. A word of advice though--this is a small and popular place so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013We had a party of 6 and everyone was happy. Great service and great food. Prices are reasonable, we will absolutely be going to Scardino's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 over ParRoaminRomanDined on 5/9/2013On my latest visit, the food was very good as usual. Unlike most evenings, they were not exceptionally busy, particularly after a birthday group left. However, it took an extraordinary amount of time to bring the two soups we ordered, and even longer for their much-touted garlic bread to appear. I was therefore disappointed that the service, though always friendly and welcoming, was not up to par this time, and for no apparent reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Administrative Professionals DaypersistantDined on 5/3/2013We brought a large group for lunch and they handled us very well. I had never been there for lunch before. The menu is clearly more limited, but there was plenty to choose from and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It delivers what you wouldslwdcwVIPDined on 5/3/2013It delivers what you would expect, with great flavors, reasonable prices and friendly, knowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2013Great food and service, as always. I would highly recommend reservations - even on a Wednesday night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eating there overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013We have eating there over the years And enjoy it very muchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food. The staffpersistantDined on 4/26/2013Wonderful food. The staff quickly remembers your name and I have never had a bad meal here. As we wear out the novelty of most of the local restaurants, we seem to be returing here the most often. I know we are not alone because I have already seen some of the same faces eating there.Special Features:
- We provided an Overall RatingknightbanditDined on 4/16/2013We provided an Overall Rating of 'Good' and not 'Very Good' for a couple of reasons. First of all, the food was 'Very Good'. We would have given an 'Outstanding' rating on the food had the bread been more authentic and fresh. Otherwise, the food was very pleasing to our pallets. The service was really average as the restaurant was unusually crowded for the space allowed for seating. Additionally, the ambiance was non-existent as the noise level was outrageous! We were dining at this restaurant for our 16th wedding anniversary and we could not even talk to one another without great difficulty. We recommend that if you want to celebrate an intimate special occasion to NOT go to this restaurant. It is more suitable for casual experiences.Special Features:
- Our family loves coming here.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013Our family loves coming here. They treat you like family and always make it an enjoyable event.Special Features:
- The restaurant is a smallSLS4MEDined on 4/14/2013The restaurant is a small Italian family owned and the food was very good. A bit noisy due to it is small and there is take-out as well as dining outside. A great experience.Special Features:
- Great authentic italian food!TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Great authentic italian food!The baked rigatoni is to die for and the penne arrabbiata with shrimp is perfectly spicy and delicious!
- Even better than the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013Even better than the food in Italy and great hospitality!Special Features:
- First visit to this smallDavidandroseVIPDined on 3/19/2013First visit to this small local restaurant. Strip mall location is odd but not uncommon in Socal, but people sitting outside with blankets because the dozen indoor tables are taken tells you that the food is worthwhile. I'd definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We usually do take out here,SandyDined on 3/17/2013We usually do take out here, the food is great. This was our first time dining in and we loved the service, they qre friendly and attentive. My favorite is the beef ravioli. We would definitely come back again!Special Features:
- It was my first time diningAVerayBDined on 3/8/2013It was my first time dining at the restaurant. It has a family atmosphere. The hostess, waiters and waitresses were very nice. The Chicken Marsala and Mushroom Ravioli was delicious. I will definitely go back and try some other menu items.Special Features:
- Without a doubt, consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Without a doubt, consistently excellent in every aspect!Special Features:
- I've tried 7 different dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013I've tried 7 different dishes with many repeats like the Linguini & Clams in white sauce and the Lasagna. They were all very good! But the Piece de Resistance is the home made Tiramisu. DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT HAVING THE TIRAMISU! Just wish the single glasses of wine were a little more generous like they used to be.Special Features:
- Have been going to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Have been going to this restaurant regularly for some time' both for the early specials and the main menu. It is on my list of favorites. I have taken family and friends and have always had happy guests.Special Features:
- Love this little neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/22/2013Love this little neighborhood restaurant in a strip mall. We've only recently discovered it and have been back several times. Have nothing bad to say. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- From food to service Scardino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013From food to service Scardino's is the BEST italian restaurant by far. The food tastes fresh and delicious every time. This is our favorite place to go for a family gathering or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed goingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We have always enjoyed going to Scardino's and going on Valentine's Day to celebrate both my husband and daughter's birthdays was great. It's a wonderful family atmosphere and the staff there always remembers us and treats us like family. We love Scardino's!Special Features:
- Took my wife here on V-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Took my wife here on V-day for early dinner. amazing homemade food! meatballs and tiramisu are homemade and are amazing! really looking forward to trying more things here! Staff was very friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- Scardino's is good - not asOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2013Scardino's is good - not as great as other reviewers described, but good. Soup and pizza were tasty. Pastas were fine, too. Really disappointing pre-fab desserts, except for homemade tiramisu which was quite good. Server was friendly but forgetful. Overall fine...wouldn't rush back, but would dine there again one day.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013The food was delicious and the service was so friendly. It seems like a family-run place and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Scardino's is the BOM!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Scardino's is the BOM!! The food is excellent as well as the Wine List. I invited group of my friends to celebrate a belated birthday. The first time for my friends and everyone truly enjoyed their dinner. Must try Tiramitsu it is delicious!! I would definitely recommend Scardino's........would suggest to make reservation in advance. Also, one of my friend ordered Scardino's Pizza to go and he said it was quite tasty!!Special Features:
- We went for a pizza and toJoeMcDined on 1/25/2013We went for a pizza and to enjoy the dog friendly outdoor seating. The staff was extremely hospitable and the pizza , per usual, was very good. This was a bit of a wet night so the out door heaters were extremely welcome. Our dogs enjoyed tagging along and not being left behind. High marks for being dog friendly.Special Features:
- Close Call, But All is WellVivSVIPDined on 1/24/2013I was so proud of myself for having made a reservation through Open Table before showing up at the restaurant. Tracy told me that Open Table should not take reservations after 3 PM that same day. Well, I told her Open Table did take my reservation so I thought all was well. She was so wonderful to accommodate my son and me for dinner. It was fabulous! Now I learned that I need to call the restaurant directly when the reservation is for that night.Special Features:
- Excellent value along withslwdcwVIPDined on 1/19/2013Excellent value along with very attentive service.Special Features:
- Good but not real Italian foodWilliamMLaterVIPDined on 1/11/2013Everyone working here is very nice and the food was fine but I don't think there were any Italians in the kitchen.
- If You'r Cravin' Great Italian...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2012Mamma Mia! Great Italian food, right down to the red/white checkered tablecloths AND the assortment of reasonable Italian wines. The food is awesome, plentiful, cooked to perfection, deliciously authentic, and there's numerous choices...wish they had a few more veal choices, and a bit more room, it just feels cramped. Better make reservations...it's a small place and it's popular.Special Features:
- Good selection. ModerateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Good selection. Moderate priced wines. Excellent desserts.Special Features:
- Highly recommended. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/13/2012Highly recommended. Food and service is outstanding. Great neighborhood gem and very family friendly.Special Features:
- Had to wait a long time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2012Had to wait a long time to get menus. After finally receiving menus we were expected to place our order within a few minutes - the whole evening we felt rushed and pressured to order, eat and get out again. Will not go back!
- Absolute best local neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/16/2012Absolute best local neighborhood italian restaurant. Very broad menu of very much "home style" dishes. Food is delicious. Servce is outstanding and staff is very friendly. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- good food but service wasSandiDined on 11/14/2012good food but service was slow we really just wanted some water took forever