1 Benvenuto Place
Toronto, ON M4V 2L1Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.scaramoucherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4169618011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Keith Froggett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Scaramouche may be rented for private functions. However, we do not have private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Ian Clark 4169618011
A word from Scaramouche Restaurant
Since its very first review in 1981, when Joanne Kates of The Globe & Mail raved both about the food and the unstinting attention to detail, Scaramouche has gone from strength to strength for over twenty years - no small feat in a world obsessed with trends and novelty. The food reflects chef Keith Froggett’s belief that less is more; that the finest ingredients classically combined result in a purity that transcends fads and fusion. The service is unobtrusive and faultless yet furnished simply, without pretense. The restaurant’s longevity is a testimonial to the pursuit of quality and the gracious welcome one receives at Scaramouche. Twice voted “Toronto’s Top Restaurant” by Gourmet magazine, Scaramouche remains the pre-eminent destination for fine food and excellent wines, the place to be as the sun sets and the lights of the city’s skyline begin to twinkle through the restaurant’s windows. Our goal is to ensure the most gracious of welcomes and quality throughout your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Scaramouche Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Scaramouche Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)scenic view (92)fit for foodies (84)romantic (69)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (14)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Divine TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The food was out of this world! Service was super great! Its price is high, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet dining at its highTuchkaDined on 10/18/2014We picked this restaurant thanks to our friends recommendation (they researched it remotely from Europe and had never been there themselves). That was a genius pick. The location in a midtown condo building was off the common path, but the restaurant itself was excellent. The service is very professional and attentive without being over the top. The menu was just the right length for a high end establishment, two pages of appetizers and main courses gave enough choice to think about. The food was delicious, creatively composed, beautifully presented and faultlessly executed. The selection of by glass white wines was a bit limited to my taste. It is clear why Scaramouche has been in business for more 30 years. We enjoyed every little bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionJroyDined on 10/17/2014This place was definitely well worth the chance to try, I wasn't too wowed with the decor but the food was over the top. I had my fingers crossed as I was hoping for a special evening with the wife before she left for a business trip and she is a tough foodie to impress but she loved the place. So go for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scaramouche - a superb experienceDiscerningFoodieDined on 10/15/2014Scaramouche is our favourite restaurant for special occasions. Service, ambiance, and pacing are excellent. The food is simply delicious and presented with such flare that you want to post pictures to celebrate their technique. We had wonderful wines, a relaxing time and attentive/friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. A real treat. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food and service were both very good for the fine dining experience. Waiters were quick to serve and responded to all requests. Getting a window seat would be nice but it is a popular restaurant so seating isn't guaranteed.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsKTKCDined on 10/11/2014It was our first time at the restaurant and we were impressed at the service, food and ambiance. From the valet to the servers to the reception, everyone was friendly, professional and nice. We had the ravioli and grilled octopus for appetizers. The ravioli was good, but the octopus really impressed us. The mains were excellent. We had the partridge, sea scallops and the lamb. Portions were sufficient. The partridge was probably our favorite. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the accompaniments to the mains were well thought out. For dessert, we had the coconut cream pie (a must) and the creme brulee. The desserts were really quite large, but they were so good, we managed to finish both.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceFoodie4LifeDined on 10/10/2014My fiancée surprised me with a birthday/engagement dinner at Scaramouche. It was an amazing experience from the moment we walked in. Our server Colin was fantastic. He was knowledgable on the menu and answered our questions without hesitation. The food had amazing flavour with every bite. Overall a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningCyberEzaDined on 10/4/2014Scaramouche delivers time and time again. Brought my girlfriend here for her birthday Saturday night we got the table we wanted right by the window, the service was exceptional as always the food amazing! MY gf ordered the steak tartar what a treat this was we both enjoyed it and she had the sea bass best fish she has ever had. I had the frilled octopus and Ontario veal. would highly recommended all four of these dishes we had good wine we were brought extra bread baskets (we love bread) and the creme brule and coconut cream pie for dessert was the perfect blissful ending to our perfect evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014Food was awesome with a nice view of the city. Will go back next time we are in TorontoSpecial Features:
- 6th Annual Visit, Still Blown AwayCanuckRSDined on 9/30/2014This was the restaurant I took my then girlfriend (now wife) on our one year dating anniversary. We both loved it so much that we decided to make it our anniversary spot. The food is incredible. Hands down the best place we have eaten in North America. The service is fantastic (seriously, FANTASTIC). The view of the Toronto city skyline is amazing and very romantic. Its not the cheapest place to eat, but for a special occation I would recommend this place to everyone. Make sure you give it a shot. I promise you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic NightDaiLoJohnDined on 9/29/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday. Great food, great wine, great service, great view, great time! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb everythingDP1000Dined on 9/20/2014Our recent dinner at Scaramouche was superb in every way: food, attentive but not intrusive service, ambiance. Our reservation was very early for us (5:30) but it turned out to be very nice. Fewer tables occupied, less background noise, more relaxed atmosphere. We may try earlier again. The black cod was superb: tender and cooked to exactly the right texture.Special Features:
- dining outdiningoutDined on 9/18/2014Service was pleasant and professional. Appetizers are exceptional. However, I was disappointed in the Duck entree which was far from tender. The entire meal is on the expensive side, so one expects only the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- costadoDined on 9/17/2014Superb as always!!! We used to come only for special occasions but now try to find more reasons to come, even though it is a bit pricy The portions are never small so you cannot complain as with other restaurants who charge the same with smaller portions. The interior could use an update and the bathroom counters are awfully low, I pity the senior diners who may have a hard time using the really low toilets! The staff are very professional but very warm at the same time. This is a true gem of a restaurant in T.O.Special Features:
- A classic still freshsjspismeDined on 9/17/2014Having heard of Scaramouche for years but never making it i was glad I finally did. The service , from the reservation check the day before to my discreetly personable waiter running me down when I left too much money thanks to those sticky new Canadian bills, was perfect. I drink alot of water and was never once left with an empty glass...One small thing but an important one to me. Our waiter was discreet, it was a romantic dinner after all and we lingered , but personable and informative. The steak tartar was of the chopped not ground variety and with traditional seasoning was perfect. Our entrees where creative, perfect temperature and of non-showy presentation. Perfectly executed classics. We were too sated . An excellent classic.Special Features:
- Very good optionNorm000Dined on 9/12/2014An excellent service and good food. The view is incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodietravellerDined on 9/12/2014While the food takes me back to the 1990's the chef clearly has a clue when it comes to balancing flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondEreccaDined on 9/9/2014My experience at Scaramouche was absolutely amazing.Our server (forgot to catch his name, though I wish I did) was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu, he made the selection very easy. Throughout the evening the staff was very on top of removing dirty dishes and replacing cutlery on the table. It was like I didn't even get a second to look at anything remotely dirty. I ordered the Filet Mignon and was more than satisfied, everything on the plate was delicious. When making the reservation, I wrote that it was my friend's birthday. When the dessert arrived, a birthday message was written to my friend and i's surprise. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone. I was very impressed, and I hope to be there once againSpecial Features:
- roseDined on 9/8/2014Exceptional service and fabulous food. From the moment we arrived at this restaurant that is tucked away in a quiet residential area our experience at Scaramouche was exceptional. The service and food was undeniably the best I have ever had. steak tartar as an appetizer, duck for main and the coconut cream pie for dessert ... all were outstandingSpecial Features:
- Excels in every wayTristanVIPDined on 9/8/2014All round excellent restaurant. Scaramouche is consistently the best restaurant in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER FAILS TO BE GREATMUSHYSPAPPYVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service and food. A delicious gastronomic journey. Modern presentation with an old-style feel.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!SuzamcqVIPDined on 9/6/2014Consistently great! This is our go-to restaurant every time we come to Toronto. Many times I get the special and it never fails. My husband and I are always thrilled with the meal and the service to match. I'd come back for the Coconut Cream pie alone....it's what dreams are made of.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Absolutely enjoyed. Server was knowledgeable and fun and the food and ambience was spectacular.Special Features:
- PerfectJerBerDined on 9/5/2014While I'm relatively new to Toronto, I feel I've explored many of the finer restaurants this city has to offer. I waited too long to check out Scaramouche. Not only heads and shoulders above what I've experienced here, this is one of the best dining experiences I've had anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I dined there this past Thursday. We have dined at some of the best restaurants in the US, and this was right up there. Everything was fantastic. The service was a tad slow off the start, but it quickly came around and we were more than impressed. We will be back for sure the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- What a gem!Winosndinos31Dined on 9/3/2014The service is excellent, the food is superb, the wine list is interesting and extensive. We have been there several times and have never been disappointed. It is our "go to" place for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer Service16YearsStrongDined on 8/29/2014We were late due to traffic and the staff were gracious and kept our reservation for us. It was a beautiful night and watching the sun set over the city was very scenic. The table service was knowledgeable and accommodating when we wanted to make a change. The coconut cream pie portion is huge and more than enough for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but has potentialTOeatingDined on 8/26/2014The food is good but it is nothing spectacular... that is to say: if you want a meal with proper execution and reliable flavours, this is the place for you. If you are expecting spectacle and outlandish ingredients-- this is NOT the place for you. The service is friendly but not overbearing. Our server was informed about the menu items (i.e. sourcing) and the history of the restaurant space. It is a romantic spot but can get loud as the space fills up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TorontoDryCanadaDined on 8/26/2014They have the best chef in Toronto, must try their lamb.Special Features:
- scaramouche....splendid as alwayspatmDined on 8/25/2014I have been a loyal customer for 25 years and have never been disappointed. Monday night was no exception! The food was outstanding and more delicious than ever. Our server was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!JenKDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic experience. Food was outstanding, along with the service. View is unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualReviewerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had the soup special to start (tomato/lobster bisque with shrimp), really delicious. We shared the king crab appetizer. I had the tuna special, my husband had the lamb - both excellent, of course properly cooked. They also don't skimp on vegetables (something i've found some high end places do). They gave us all the bread we wanted, which was also tasty and very useful to mop up all the yummy sauces. For dessert we had the coconut cream pie and the arctic nectarine. The later was very artistically presented, the former was a big slice of coconut-y white fluff. Both were tasty. We didn't leave feeling stuffed, but later on it hit us that we were actually quite full. Total before tip $230 with 2 glasses of wine.Special Features:
- tastyDined on 8/20/2014Reservations were honoured on time. Seated at a table with an excellent view of the city. Service prompt efficient and professional. Wine, appetizers arrived in a timely and relaxing manner. Main course delicious and hot. Suggestion for dessert was given and enjoyed. Will be back for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We usually bring family with us and this time we brought our kids. They loved the experience, the food and enjoyed the evening very much. We all had a fabulous time and the food was amazing as always. We always have a great time and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hassan MOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Went here for our Anniversary and loved every aspect of it! From the delicious food to the wonderful ambiance, to our incredibly friendly attendant. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal During TripRickVIPDined on 8/18/2014We dined the next night at what is rated as Toronto's top restaurant and it was not as good as Scaramouche. The view of downtown was superb, but that was just the start. Our waiter was friendly, helpful and just a nice guy. He did a great job. The Pecorino salad was so good that we asked for tips to make it at home. The steak tartar was prepared to perfection with a little spice and fresh beef. Main courses of lobster and lamb chops were cooked just right and had lots of fun accompaniments. We even had dessert, something we rarely do and chose the chocolate mousse offering. We dined leisurely, never feeling rushed. We will recommend and return when back in Toronto.Special Features:
- Simply exquisite.BrathyDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had dinner at Scaramouche after our friends highly recommended the restaurant. And what can I say, we were blown away! The food was incredible (try the scallops), the wine was very tasty with a full wine line and the service was very attentive and prompt. If I were to have a complaint, I would say the noise level was a bit too high, we often had to raise our voices to talk to each other across the table.Special Features:
- A TorontoTreasure2downtowndinersDined on 8/15/2014Celebrating both a birthday and an anniversary, we chose Scaramouche for the occasion. Previous experiences there had been excellent, but we had not been there for a couple of years and were wondering whether the restaurant had maintained its excellence. It had! In all of accueil,food, service, view and ambiance, it is still tops. As the evening wore on, the noise level rose, of course. Though packed to capacity, the dining room still allowed us to talk. A rare situation in Toronto's best eating spots. The coconut cream pie is to die for.Special Features:
- A delight for the senses!vic1Dined on 8/12/2014We appreciated the attentive & professional service had on all fronts. From the valet parking on arrival & departure to our final coffee. Our server was fabulous!!! She deserves the highest praise for her very warm, knowledgeable & attentive (without intrusion), service. The food & wine, chosen with the help of out server, was spectacular. For starter we had the warm crab salad, followed by the perfectly cooked, delicious filet mignon & lamb. For dessert we indulged in the gorgeous, light, fresh & OTT yummy Coconut pie, shared. You get what you pay for & it was money well spent. I highly recommend this excellent restaurant to family, friends & any business associates.Special Features:
- FantasticMaxCVIPDined on 8/8/2014Took my friends for dinner, was amazed by food and service. Great simple dishes cooked to perfection. The steak tartare was just perfectly balanced and the veal was so tender and deliciousSpecial Features: